Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:21 pm 

Det_Morkettall wrote:
Does anyone have any clue what the Authorization Code for the NWN! forums would be? I'm looking all over the registration page and can't find the phrase. It's beginning to irritate me.

Hey, that's a good one; better than regular captshas, which are pretty much the ban of my existence on the web...

Mark, type it into the album title search box on MA and see what comes up...
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

Aszfargoth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:33 pm 

Abominatrix wrote:
Mark, type it into the album title search box on MA and see what comes up...

No, no, don't tell him! It's supposed to weed out the falses!

Heck, even the rambling Japanese spambots figure it out themselves.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:34 pm 

Aszfargoth wrote:
Det_Morkettall wrote:
Does anyone have any clue what the Authorization Code for the NWN! forums would be?

:o

Perhaps you've just missed what it says under "Authorization code", namely "Finish this title (all lowercase): Fallen Angel of", but if you haven't and are still wondering, then... You DO know what forum you're trying to register as a user in, don't you?

:-D that's an easy one, especially for a Canadian who likes extreme metal, shame, Mark, shame!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:35 pm 

OH! It's a Blasphemy album isn't it?

Thanks guys!!!

Hopefully I can make some sales and do more promotion there. Also, finally got the chance to check out Manilla Road. I gotta say, it's pretty good stuff, but I'm not blown away or anything by it. Really cool riffs though.

EDIT: Or, at least, it didn't work.

Last edited by Det_Morkettall on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:37 pm 

Just wanted to eat an apple, noticed something was strange with it. It looked just fine from the outside but on the inside had holes like swiss cheese (not where the seeds are, I'm not that stupid). They were dry and brownish like bruises but from within. I was scared. Threw the scary mutant apple away. Definitely not gonna eat that.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Aszfargoth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:46 pm 

Det_Morkettall wrote:

EDIT: Shit, no it's not.

Now, that's strange! Have you typed in the last word of the album's name in all lower cases? Or are you actually experiencing problems not with the authorisation, but the confirmation code, which is, in fact, a captcha code?

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:54 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
Just wanted to eat an apple, noticed something was strange with it. It looked just fine from the outside but on the inside had holes like swiss cheese (not where the seeds are, I'm not that stupid). They were dry and brownish like bruises but from within. I was scared. Threw the scary mutant apple away. Definitely not gonna eat that.

You know what's worse? Finding half a worm inside an apple. No, not a complete worm. Half a worm.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:58 pm 

Det_Morkettall wrote:

Thanks guys!!!

Hopefully I can make some sales and do more promotion there. Also, finally got the chance to check out Manilla Road. I gotta say, it's pretty good stuff, but I'm not blown away or anything by it. Really cool riffs though.

Assuming you didn't spend a whole night listening to their entire discography, I'm guessing you've got a lot more to discover, and that the "blowing away" part will come later, like it did for me. They're a lot more than just "cool riffs" as far as I'm concerned. But what did you listen to?

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:15 pm 

In other news, my CD drive just ate my new copy of the King Crimson debut and then disappeared from the device list. Hopefully only from the Win 7 device list. Strange things are happening today.

Last edited by inhumanist on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:19 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
In other news, my CD drive just ate my new copy of the King Crimson debut and then disappeared from the device list. Hopefully only from the Win 7 device list. Strange things are happening.

What do you mean it "ate" the CD? Only tapedecks do that. :P

you mean it scratched it up?

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:20 pm 

I mean it didn't give it back.

Edit: Significant postcount thingie.

Last edited by inhumanist on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aszfargoth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:21 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
In other news, my CD drive just ate my new copy of the King Crimson debut and then disappeared from the device list. Hopefully only from the Win 7 device list. Strange things are happening today.

Yes. Confusion will probably be your epitaph.

Ha! Ha ... Oh, dear me.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:24 pm 

The store shouldn't have put the album in the hand of a fool. Tomorrow I'll be crying about a disk torn apart or something, I see it coming.

TheMizwaOfMuzzyTah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:32 pm 

Aszfargoth wrote:

Yes. Confusion will probably be your epitaph.

:lol:

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:45 pm 

Well JM, I just listened to Crystal Logic in class before school was up, and while it was a cool record and all, I can't say it's an instant hit with me. I was actually looking to listen to Invasion first, but no full length links on youtube :(

And I got it; stupid case sensitive authorization codes... It was actually "doom" but I typed it "Doom" and for some reason it wasn't accepting it.

Huh, I think I'm gonna go listen to that album now. Had no clue they were from Canada, for some reason I always thought they were Italian.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:00 pm 

Det_Morkettall wrote:
Well JM, I just listened to Crystal Logic in class before school was up, and while it was a cool record and all, I can't say it's an instant hit with me. I was actually looking to listen to Invasion first, but no full length links on youtube :(

Pretty sure you'dl ove mark fo the Beast. They have a lot of albums as I'm sure you've noticed, and the only one I hardly listen to is Atlantis Rising, but even that one is pretty damn good. A lot of people swear Crystal Logic is the best thing the band ever did. I don't think I'd say that myself but I"m not too bothered about "best album" from my favourite band...

[/quote]

Huh, I think I'm gonna go listen to that album now. Had no clue they were from Canada, for some reason I always thought they were Italian.[/quote]

I'd much rather listen to Beherit or Sarcofago's INRI than Blasphemy...

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:27 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
In other news, my CD drive just ate my new copy of the King Crimson debut and then disappeared from the device list. Hopefully only from the Win 7 device list. Strange things are happening.

It isn't a lap top, is it? A cd was trapped (It somehow got lodged behind it(I have no explanation for how that happened)) in a friends cd drive on his and we had to use a pocket knife to get it out. Amazingly, the cd survived.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:36 pm 

No, I just rebooted and the drive started working again. It just seemed to me as if, in some kind of Gollum-like obsession it tried to confiscate the CD as soon as I gave it to it. "Nooo, he cannot have it. Precious..." :lol:

slayerhatesusall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:03 pm 

Thashierthanthou wrote:
Somebody needs to listen to Portal while on acid and describe the experience. They say you can taste sound while on acid-what would Portal taste like?

Probably sounds like crap while tripping, the last time I tripped I listened to a few songs off of when the kite string pops and some lykathea aflame songs and both disappointingly sounded terrible while tripping. Type o negative world coming down was slightly better while tripping but still disappointing. Most metal and psychedelics don't mix well for me. Now some krautrock on the other hand... :love:
The next time I trip I'll probably listen to some electronic stuff like boards of canada, tangerine dream, aphex twin, shpongle etc, they seem like they would probably be good choices for tripping.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:06 pm 

Shpongle tripping would be absolutely insane. My friend saw them live when he was baked and said it was quite the experience. Great band, it seems to be one of those bands that a lot of people who don't like the genre they play can still get down to.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:06 pm 

This is wonderful on mushrooms.

Liquid_Braino
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:19 pm 

slayerhatesusall wrote:
Probably sounds like crap while tripping, the last time I tripped I listened to a few songs off of when the kite string pops and some lykathea aflame songs and both disappointingly sounded terrible while tripping. Type o negative world coming down was slightly better while tripping but still disappointing. Most metal and psychedelics don't mix well for me. Now some krautrock on the other hand... :love:
The next time I trip I'll probably listen to some electronic stuff like boards of canada, tangerine dream, aphex twin, shpongle etc, they seem like they would probably be good choices for tripping.

Never was in the mood for metal while tripping for some reason. Should have tried Tangerine Dream back in the day; I can only imagine how cool it would have been.
Haven't tripped in ages, but I remember Dead Can Dance being a terrifying experience while tripping with the throbbing sound of "Ulysses" and the tribal pounding of "Cantara" being particularly harrowing yet somehow rewarding hours afterwards in an "I survived that" sort of way. Oddly enough, I discovered that Brazilian axé music provided some of the best tripping music ever due to it's fast pace, all the horn instruments and the busy Portuguese vocals of singers like Daniela Mercury and Ivete Sangalo.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:28 pm 

I figured there was some connection to a name like Liquid Braino, the drain chemical Drano, and drugs. Drinking any of the three will wipe your mind.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:49 am 

You would fail a question that said "if you are a false", wouldn't you?

Aszfargoth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:52 am 

Zodijackyl wrote:
You would fail a question that said "if you are a false", wouldn't you?

"If you are a false, stay outside
The hydrogene percussion will smash your cranium
Because you'll be incinerated and deathed
Maiming all with incredible pang."

Ravenlord266
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:49 am 

So we have this radiostation here in the Netherlands that compiles a list at the end of year of the best 2000 songs ever written based on voting by the Dutch public. The list will be aired from 2000 to 1 at the end of the year, number one always airing at 0.00 hours 2013. Each year people can vote for their top 10 all time favorites from thousands of songs, the best will get a place. People may also vote for 5 of their own favorites that aren't on the list, thus making it dynamic and giving the chance for songs to (re)appear and disappear each year.

Now here's the kicker: out of fucking nowhere, Slayer's Angel of Death comes in at number 199 :lol: . Pretty damn impressive. I am in no way a big Slayer fan, but I really digg the fact that the radiostation does not discriminate and really listens to the voters when compiling their list.

For those wondering, here you can check the entire thing (don't mind the shitload of Dutch artists, some of them are genuinely pretty good).

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
Some cultures radiate "I peaked in high school" energy, metal culture radiates "I peaked when somebody else peaked in high school" energy.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:37 am 

Goddamnit, today marks the fifth time in two weeks where I've been told that Urban Breed sounds like Bon Jovi! Freakin' Bon Jovi! :annoyed:

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:41 am 

Watching anime is such a great way to procrastinate. I just finished watching the original Hunter x Hunter for the millionth time - although the OVAs are piss poor compared to the TV series. It's easily the best shounen series I've seen. The major characters are almost all likeable, even the villains. It's hard to decide whom to root for when one of the protagonists fights the Ryodan, especially. The series is aimed at teenagers, but it really doesn't underestimate the viewer's intelligence. That said, if it wasn't such a nostalgic series for me, I don't know if I would still be into it. The concept of nen is definitely the best form of superpower I've seen in an anime.

I made the mistake of watching the 2011 series though. :ugh:

TheMizwaOfMuzzyTah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:54 am 

Do we live in an industrial society, or a technological society? Are both just different manifestations of the wretched ouroboros that will certainly drive atrophied minds to madness? I think I'm being foolish, but I like asking these questions here because a lot of you provide awesome answers that simultaneously enlighten and make me feel foolish.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:37 pm 

So I stumbled across this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 4Q3zKfBRnI

Obama pays tribute to Led Zep.

Byrain
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:40 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
I just finished watching the original Hunter x Hunter for the millionth time - although the OVAs are piss poor compared to the TV series.:

Lol, I've seen someone argue that the first OVA is the only good thing in the animated series before (This was before the new series). Its a good series, but thinking about it is kind of pissing me off, I'm still waiting for more manga material of a questionable quality...

Twin_guitar_attack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:23 pm 

One of those decisions where whatever I did I was gonna feel like an asshole. Go to my friends (not a really really close friend) 21st birthday, or get lots of important uni work done and have an early night for tomorrow, another busy day. Chose the latter one as I'm failing pretty hard at everything this year. Feel like a dick as I might not be able to go for a drink with him this side of 2013 now.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:13 pm 

Twin_guitar_attack wrote:
One of those decisions where whatever I did I was gonna feel like an asshole. Go to my friends (not a really really close friend) 21st birthday, or get lots of important uni work done and have an early night for tomorrow, another busy day. Chose the latter one as I'm failing pretty hard at everything this year. Feel like a dick as I might not be able to go for a drink with him this side of 2013 now.

I know what you mean; I had a scare with academic probation this year because I've been just barely sliding by and my gpa fell below 2.0. I didn't know a C average could put you on academic probation otherwise I probably would have put more effort into my classes. One I'm taking now relies on the final this evening. I had better do well, but it is astronomy, so I should do okay at the very least.

My music appreciation final though was as easy as it was for Adolf to conquer France. We got to use the review which is taken straight from the test :D I love teachers who let you do that.

Twin_guitar_attack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:21 pm 

Most graduate schemes in the UK require a 2:1 or higher, and I am averaging a mid 2:2, meaning I would need to get a high mark on pretty much every assignment this year - so far three low 2:2s. And I found out I apparently handed in something late last year and hard my mark revoked, so an assignment worth 20% of a module gone. I'm pretty fucked if I go out nights in the week really. Then saturdays I have work >:( Gigs seem to be the only thing I really go out for, and that's not much.

Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:25 pm 

...Just discovered Rotting Christ.

Day well spent.

VoidApostle
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:22 pm 

So Hooded Menace has a music video. Don't know how it took me two months to find this out.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:07 pm 

Man, what the fuck... why does Deathevokation's The Chalice of Ages include ambient interludes randomly ripped off (and I mean literally, directly stolen) from completely different albums? I really hope they credited their sources because that is some disappointing bullshit. Even worse in that the material doesn't even help the album, and sad because otherwise it's actually a pretty good record. Stupid...

In more positive mutterings, really glad I revisited Evoken's Quietus because it's really very good. Almost on par with Antithesis of Light and Atra Mors. Definitely been on a doom kick recently, and hungry for more excellent death/doom...

EDIT: Gah, thank god someone changed Evoken's band photo on their page, the last one was godawful.

Last edited by Under_Starmere on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:45 pm 

Astronomy final was far easier than I ever predicted it would be! The four hours of studying I did preparing a cheat sheet payed off. Now I just have to wait until Saturday so I can catch the train to Reno and let the most epic of winter breaks commence.

By the way there's a new "Megabus" which opened up in Sparks and I'll be taking advantage of that when it opens and take a weekend trip to San Fransisco since fare is only a dollar(!). If anyone knows any shows coming up or wants to take advantage of my uncanny ability to find amazing pot/beer get at me.

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:50 pm 

Finally, the very first positive review of anything I've been involved in:

http://skullfracturingmetal.blogspot.ca ... -2012.html

I've been sending emails non stop all month to blogs and zines and finally I'm starting to get replies back. It's a wonderful internet!

TheEvilSocky
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:02 pm 

If Venom is mentioned in a review of your shit, you win metal.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 702, 703, 704, 705, 706, 707, 708 ... 827  Next