Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:11 pm 

Not to mention all the "It's Man Vs Wild but the guy has a wife now!" shows.

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:13 pm 

Don't remind me that Man Vs Wild has been cancelled. :grumble:
Hehe, foreskins.

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:32 am 

bronxeel wrote:
triggerhappy wrote:
^ :lol: (edit: seems like we're on a new page now...)
I'm now listening to Hour of Penance for the first time. Holy shit, it's like Fleshgod Apocalypse without their symphonic faggotry!

Glad they're worth the wait for you. What a great sounding band. Their new album Sedition fucking slays. It had me banging my head, and I'm an old fart who does that very rarely. They sound like Nile if Nile didn't try to cram 40 friggin' songs into one and just stuck with one idea per song. And I love Nile. I'm going to see them with this line-up in April: Nile, Skeletonwitch, Hour of Penance, and The Black Dahlia Murder. I won't stay for TBDM, though. I hate that band.

Well I prefer Nile to HoP myself. I really like the way they develop their songs, particularly on Shrines. Also, I'm seeing Nile soon too, along with Suffocation, Psycroptic and Arch Enemy. Won't stay for AE, they suck donkey balls aha.
That's all Crick's iPod accepts. GB = Gargobytes.

flexodus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:59 am 

I guess I'm late to the convo but I gotta say you'd have to be crazy to think that Lich King isn't one of the best neo-thrash acts around? Especially with their newest album, really
my sister does nothing but forcing me to listen to Gothenburg/melodic metalcore albums all day while refusing to listen to regular death metal

pbsisbad
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:32 am 

BaloroftheEvilEye wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Oe7Q8OCm5I&feature=share

I would have loved a show like this as a kid.

It's from "The Looney Toons Show," the new one that Cartoon Network has. It's nothing at all like the original, but some adults will appreciate it. To put this in perspective, there was one episode where the Nazis stole the Eiffel tower, while Granny beats the shit out of them because she is an Allied spy, and Tweety is a messenger pigeon. I shit you not.
So you go to a show, and you can't mosh... who cares. Are you there to run into people or to listen to the music? If you want to run into people go to the mall and run through groups of mall goths or something for fun.

TIMJ Profile

Byrain
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:02 am 

Crick wrote:
Also really sick of Cash Cab. Partially because its on the Comedy Network as well, which is literally two channels away. And it really shouldn't be on the Comedy Network either. But yeah, I want more educational shows on Discovery. Sick of dangerous job shows.

Educate yourself then, sitting around and waiting for the television to do so will undoubtedly and utterly fail...

Atrocious_Mutilation
7mL

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:49 am 

Why does my physics homework have to make no sense? I hated mechanics before I started this course and I still hate it now.

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:02 am 

Atrocious_Mutilation wrote:
Why does my physics homework have to make no sense? I hated mechanics before I started this course and I still hate it now.

I feel you. Physics makes no sense to me, which is why I dropped it a long time ago.
How can the electrons be everywhere at the same time!!??!??!!?

Atrocious_Mutilation
7mL

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:25 am 

Poisonfume wrote:
Atrocious_Mutilation wrote:

I feel you. Physics makes no sense to me, which is why I dropped it a long time ago.
How can the electrons be everywhere at the same time!!??!??!!?

I like some parts of physics, and those parts I find interesting. But mechanics, light physics and electrical physics can go to hell. Not the good hell, either.

Strangely enough, I love quantum mechanics and nuclear physics. The maths will kill me, but it's still very interesting at the same time. The Copenhagen interpretation is quite strange, but it adds to the intriguing nature of quantum physics. How particles completely change their behaviour because someone is observing them, I'll never know but I want to know why!

pbsisbad
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:36 pm 

Yeah, I hate physics. And I'm in AP, so I'm fucked. But particle physics is awesome, like with quarks and antimatter.
So you go to a show, and you can't mosh... who cares. Are you there to run into people or to listen to the music? If you want to run into people go to the mall and run through groups of mall goths or something for fun.

TIMJ Profile

Crick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:52 pm 

Byrain wrote:
Crick wrote:
Also really sick of Cash Cab. Partially because its on the Comedy Network as well, which is literally two channels away. And it really shouldn't be on the Comedy Network either. But yeah, I want more educational shows on Discovery. Sick of dangerous job shows.

Educate yourself then, sitting around and waiting for the television to do so will undoubtedly and utterly fail...

I think you miss the point of the discovery channel (for me). I don't watch it for educational purposes, I watch it for educational shows. Watching shows about people studying weird jungle creatures or crazy architecture is fun. Watching a bunch of dudes bicker for a whole season is not entertaining television.
Hehe, foreskins.

Aeonblade
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:02 pm 

You must love OLN then.

mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:04 pm 

The Benin bronzes were extolled as comparable in technical mastery to the sculpture of the Italian Renaissance

15th - 16th century
http://soltai.files.wordpress.com/2007/ ... onze-1.jpg

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:09 pm 

....shitty.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:13 pm 

Shitter's full.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Byrain
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:20 pm 

Crick wrote:
I think you miss the point of the discovery channel (for me). I don't watch it for educational purposes, I watch it for educational shows. Watching shows about people studying weird jungle creatures or crazy architecture is fun. Watching a bunch of dudes bicker for a whole season is not entertaining television.

Yea, that is what I was saying (Not very well ofc...), you can have a boring show about dangerous jobs hoping for small snippets of something more interesting like jungle animals. Or you can have a whole lot of the latter if you put a little initiative towards looking for it. To me its like going to the radio hoping for lots of quality metal when you could just go to MA instead.

pbsisbad
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:32 pm 

I prefer History and NatGeo. Their have job shows , but not as many as Discovery, and their shows are usually incredibly interesting.

Science Channel used to be really good, but they added a bunch of crappy shows, some not even documentaries. But their Space documentaries are still cool.

For those who like crime stuff, ID is where it's at!

TIMJ Profile

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:06 pm 

Yeah, History Channel is really interesting. NatGeo is extremely informative as well, but I'd say less gripping than History if you're just watching tv casually.

Animal planet used to be good as well, before it became a pet clinic channel.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:14 pm 

mindshadow wrote:
The Benin bronzes were extolled as comparable in technical mastery to the sculpture of the Italian Renaissance

15th - 16th century
http://soltai.files.wordpress.com/2007/ ... onze-1.jpg

Perhaps this Ife piece would be slightly more impressive to the readers here? Hundreds of years earlier, too.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwxy3 ... o1_500.jpg

mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:22 pm 

Under_Starmere wrote:
Perhaps this Ife piece would be slightly more impressive to the readers here? Hundreds of years earlier, too.
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwxy3 ... o1_500.jpg

Not heard of Ife, it's location is right next door to Benin, circa 350BC :o

What is it about this region?

daxtertest2
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:44 pm 

Anyone here besides me that thinks subcultures (Goth, Metalhead, etc.) are NOT trends/fads?

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:51 pm 

Anyone here besides me that thinks returning banned users should be more subtle than returning with the same username with "2" at the end?

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

BaloroftheEvilEye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:03 pm 

You're just paranoid... sure, how could you even know he's been banned in the first place?

Dave_o_rama
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:16 pm 

It could be worse. On another site, I saw someone who got banned come back with "________" at the end of their username.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:27 pm 

Did anyone pick up the reissue of Children of the Scorn by Funebre for sale at NWN a couple of weeks ago?

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

DemonHellSpawn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:35 pm 

Poisonfume wrote:
Yeah, History Channel is really interesting. NatGeo is extremely informative as well, but I'd say less gripping than History if you're just watching tv casually.

Animal planet used to be good as well, before it became a pet clinic channel.

History Channel has been steadily going downhill for some time now, and they're equally guilty of doing stupid reality shit. Ax Men and Ice Road Truckers comes to mind. NatGeo was the best of the three (including Discovery) last time I had it, but I don't get it anymore.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:45 pm 

Dave_o_rama wrote:
It could be worse. On another site, I saw someone who got banned come back with "________" at the end of their username.

I saw someone with "________" as their user name.

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:48 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:
I saw someone with "________" as their user name.

You know, I've seen that too.

last.fm

Bahamut7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:05 pm 

I absolutely love it when a high street store does a big sale on metal CDs. Today, I saw albums by artists who are/were on Peaceville Records such as Anathema, Pentagram, Autopsy, Darkthrone, etc for £6 each. I felt more inclined to buy a bunch of albums today since if this was for other times, they would have charged it all for £15 each.

Horsefucker96
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:08 pm 

Does anyone still watch MTV?

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:09 pm 

Yes. It's still around isn't it?

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:10 pm 

^That took me a second.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:21 pm 

Abbath is awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNta9wr9 ... AAAAAAAABA

Crick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:23 pm 

What does Crick do with an hour to kill and absolutely nothing he feels like doing?

This, basically.

EDIT: I also have the Can Can violently embedded in my head.
Hehe, foreskins.

PrinceRhaegar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:51 pm 

Okay so Space-Dye Vest by Dream Theater would be one of my favorite songs ever if it wasn't for those really fucking annoying "Oh he doesn't really love you, but I love you and you should leave him and love me because I LOVE you" samples. Does anyone know of any audio editing software that'll allow me to edit the vocals out of that part of the song while keeping the music in the background?
Does anyone know if PetWussy sports a mullet? I just saw a Pakistanni-looking guy with a ... Heavy Metal Parking Lot mullet. I was tempted to kick him to the ground whilst shouting: "THE YEARS OF DECAY RULES, DICKHEAD!"

~Guest 256486
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:46 pm 

Can't wait for the news stations to shut up about Trayvon Martin.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:50 pm 

Yeah, it's not like it's a travesty of sickening proportions and has profound social implications or anything. Can't wait for them to get back to more relevant news, like Mitt Romney's midwest flapjack house handshake gathering itinerary.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:35 pm 

Crick wrote:
What does Crick do with an hour to kill and absolutely nothing he feels like doing?

This, basically.

LSD?

~Guest 256486
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:37 pm 

Under_Starmere wrote:
Yeah, it's not like it's a travesty of sickening proportions and has profound social implications or anything. Can't wait for them to get back to more relevant news, like Mitt Romney's midwest flapjack house handshake gathering itinerary.

No.
10 dead, at least 39 others wounded in weekend violence

OneRodeToAsaBay
Unangeschnallt den Bullen reingefahren

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:12 am 

Trayvon's death has become highly symbolic in the last month so I can see why it's dominating the news--when's the last time you heard the mainstream media actually give this much of a damn about a black kid's death? I do agree that deaths of other people (of color? that's what I gathered from the news article and comments, anyway) should be investigated and discussed, though.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 327, 328, 329, 330, 331, 332, 333 ... 827  Next