Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TheAntagonist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:14 am 

Anybody into R/C cars? I just bought a Traxxas slash 2wd and have been bashing the crap out of it lately. It's got a velineon engine/speed control. I can get it up to about 40 MPH. Haven't tried to drop a Lipo battery in it yet, cause it's pretty damn fast as it is now. I must have jumped it in the air 5 or 6 feet and broke it like 4 times. (two axle arms, stub axle, drive shaft) But it's part of the fun breaking it and then fixing it yourself. It's a pretty fun hobby but It can get quite expensive though. Anybody else got stories, problems, tips, tricks, etc???

Windir - Resurrection of the Wild

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:39 am 

TheAntagonist wrote:
Anybody into R/C cars? I just bought a Traxxas slash 2wd and have been bashing the crap out of it lately. It's got a velineon engine/speed control. I can get it up to about 40 MPH. Haven't tried to drop a Lipo battery in it yet, cause it's pretty damn fast as it is now. I must have jumped it in the air 5 or 6 feet and broke it like 4 times. (two axle arms, stub axle, drive shaft) But it's part of the fun breaking it and then fixing it yourself. It's a pretty fun hobby but It can get quite expensive though. Anybody else got stories, problems, tips, tricks, etc???

My brother has a nitromethane RC truck but he was dissapointed cause EVERY time we take it for a ride something will broke.
He eventually forgot it in the garaje till I took it again to repair some shit and start to use it again because he was fed up with all the repairs he had to do.
Now we are trying to find the electric chargers that should be lying around somewhere in the house.
Funny shit (we even bought some slick tires for driving on road) but prepare your time, patience and money for the hobby!

TheAntagonist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:00 pm 

yeah, i have been dropping a fair amount of cash on it. Just got Lipo 3s (zippy flightmax 4000 mah) and my car freaking rips. probably up to at least 50-55 or so. As soon as you hit the throttle it goes into a wheelie and practically takes off. My body is getting pretty trashed at this point. I also would like to get some new tires, like maybe ones from the Ford Raptor model which are pretty cool.

The first battery i got didn't have the traxxas connector and my brother in law and myself tried to solder it, but i think we ended up blowing a cell. So that was like 40 bucks down the drain. None-the-less it is still worth it.

Windir - Resurrection of the Wild

Reply to topic