Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
slayerhatesusall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:08 pm 

I just got big lot of great cds on ebay but am disappointed with them, the seller said they didn't come with the cases but they were supposed to come with the booklets and back inserts but they only come with the booklets but no back inserts.

So lets say I found scans for the back inserts online, how would I go about printing high quality back inserts? What is good quality paper to use? I want it to basically look exactly the same quality as a normal cd back insert, so you can't tell the difference between the scanned insert and the real one, so it needs to be the same type of paper used in real back inserts. How do I format it, which program to use, is a normal printer good enough or do I need a high quality one, how do I perforate the insert so it has the bumps on the edges back inserts typically have, etc.

Big_Grand
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:40 pm 

A tray insert is 5.406 x 4.625 inches, so if you find a scanned picture, use gimp or photoshop to resize the image to that in inches. Then you're safest bet would be to expand the canvas to 8 x 11 so it's thesize of standard A4 paper. Now save/ export it as a PDF and it should come out the right size. I couldn't tell you the exact type of paper used but something thick and glossy should work, you might want to check out a Kinkos for this.

dreadmeat
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:27 pm 

You're serious? the seller should be sending them to you.
I've had this happen too, fortunately my seller kept the rear cover and posted it to me.

As a side note I'd be spewing hellfire if I ever got a rear cover that wasn't an original one :puke: :evil:
Can you not ask them to send them before trying to print off more? I think printing your own is a terrible idea.

Please email me about any deals, my address is just below and include your username!

slayerhatesusall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:15 am 

The seller lied to me when I bought them and said they were included, but they weren't. I asked them to send me them but I'm pretty sure they threw them away with the jewel cases, the cds came in a cd binder.

dreadmeat
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:17 am 

But they are legit CDs?

Please email me about any deals, my address is just below and include your username!

slayerhatesusall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:18 am 

Yeah the cds and booklets are legit.

dreadmeat
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:20 am 

I'd be sending them back, what a moron, who is it by the way?
I'll be sure to never buy anything from them :roll:

slayerhatesusall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:26 am 

They don't have any other cds for sale I bought their whole collection and they only shipped to the US anyway. I'll probably send them back even if they don't refund me its easy to get a refund from ebay at least.

Erdrickgr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:50 am 

They sell inserts for in jewel cases on the net, even places like Amazon, so that's an option if you want them looking good. I'm not sure how good an inkjet printer you' d need to make them look really good though.

Reply to topic