Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:34 am 

Not to beat around the bush, this is one of my all-time favourite bands ever. Actually a Norwegian one-man electronic project, the name means "weeds" (the unwanted kind) in Norwegian, but his output is anything but. Since the guy finally released a new album today, It Came from Beyond Eternal September, and I know there's a lot of electro aficionados around these parts, I decided to create a thread for this fantastic musician.

I'm not very good with electronic genres, so the best I can give here is the vague "electronica", but that's not really doing it justice. Meyer has a real knack for assembling a profoundly cool mix of electro, trip-hop, chillout, synth and sampled stuff with all kinds of other genres thrown in wherever they may fit; dark, cinematic, unique and whimsical at the same time, above all extremely catchy.

Some select awesomeness:

Apart from Ugress, Meyer has a number of other electronica projects, such as PixxelTyger, Spokelseskladden, the chiptune-y Ninja Caravan or the darker and somewhat more aggressive, occasionally d'n'b Shadow of the Beat. It's mostly along the same lines as Ugress, with some twists to them, but you can always hear his distinct hand.

His website has a lot of free stuff for download, definitely have a look: http://www.ugress.com/
"Bä da Blèdhät samma Briăda!" -Kurt Sowinetz (RIP) || Last.fm | Discogs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:51 pm 

I'm not familiar with this artist or any of his work, but this song is right up my alley! Really good stuff.

Youtube: show

Also this. YES PLEASE.

Youtube: show
The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
Don't need food, I got metal! Don't need air, I got metal! Don't need love, I.... uhhhh.... *cries*

Reply to topic