Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:24 pm 

Eh, I still think I'll wait till I lose more weight until I start using it again. Right now I care more about losing weight so my muscles are more visible than anything.

Maybe someone can help me with this - I'm stagnating pretty hard on bicep curls. I can relatively comfortably do 3 sets of 5 reps with 45 lbs dumbbells in each hand. Yet I can't do one fucking rep with 50lbs. What the hell is up with that? Could it be my wrists can't handle it or something?

Also, got my squat up to 305lbs which I'm pretty happy about. Not nearly as good as some of my friends, though. I know a guy who can do 585 (raw). I've met all my other goals for the end of the semester (bench 200lbs, deadlift 300lbs), now if I can just bring my bicep curls up to 50...

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:52 pm 

You're getting too hung up on the weight totals. I'm assuming you are talking about standing or seated alternate bicep curls with the 45s. As an experiment I want you to try to try and curl a 45 on the preacher bench or as a concentration curl, I bet you won't be able to do nearly as much (whether or not you'll be honest :P), and that is isolating the muscle. When you are curling that much weight it often devolves into a momentum/swinging dilemma where your back ends up doing as much or more work than your biceps. It almost hurts me just to imagine curling 50s, I would never do more than 35s, and as I stated above, that was even pushing it; and I'm not exactly weaksauce.

Just the fact that you are only doing sets of 5 points to the above issue(s). If you are really that concerned about breaking a certain weight plateau, try mixing it up. Try the concentration curls with less weight so you can really "feel it" in the muscle group (a hard concept to explain but you seem well versed enough to comprehend this). Use the EZ bar curls if your wrists can take it, and as always: try to keep certain areas from lagging. You are squatting and benching, so those are decent compound exercises, but please don't forget your back. Bent over/cable rows are one of my favorite exercises, and a strong back makes everything else easier.

I guess one final note about the curling, is that when you increase weight it seems to become cumulatively much more difficult and noticeable than other exercises. I'm not sure why, a 5 pound plateau can take a long time to breach compared to other exercises. Maybe it has something to do with the extra leverage put on the forearm/wrist? I don't know the answer to that one...
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:05 pm 

Thanks for the advice, dude. I generally do them standing up, but sometimes I'll mix it up and do seated. I'll try doing the preacher curls. I doubt I'll be able to do a plate, I've always found it harder to do it that way. As for the back thing, I'm generally pretty careful about not swinging my back at all. Working on my back is the next thing I start doing. I do some bodyweight exercises that help, but nothing really beyond that. I agree that a stronger back would help me overall.

And I am a bit hung up with weight totals, but oh well. Upping what I can do gives me motivation to keep coming back.

capeda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:08 am 

You'll get way more mass doing deadlifts and barbell rows first before isolating your biceps... after that, do a few light sets with standing barbell curls, and move on to the preacher curls, about as heavy as you can stand. Then pump em up doing 21s or high sets of light dumbbell curls till you're burned out. That's how I got mine to grow, anyway... heavy dumbbell curls just kinda hurt and don't seem to do have any real effect.

Erotetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:48 pm 

dystopia4 wrote:
Maybe someone can help me with this - I'm stagnating pretty hard on bicep curls. I can relatively comfortably do 3 sets of 5 reps with 45 lbs dumbbells in each hand. Yet I can't do one fucking rep with 50lbs. What the hell is up with that? Could it be my wrists can't handle it or something?

have you tried hammer curls? that should take your wrist out of the equation to help you figure out if it's a relevant variable.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:26 pm 

Yeah, I do hammer curls quite frequently (at the same weight as my regular bicep curls).

Maniac Matis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:29 pm 

So last week was my first time deadlifting over 300 lbs (315) for reps. I've been powerlifting and bulking for a couple months consistently now and the gains have just been rolling in. You can check my video here if you're interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjh-TS-qduY

I also finally entered the realm of a 225 squat for a few sets of 5 yesterday, but havn't uploaded yet. I like recording vids and tracking progress, it's exciting to see how far you've come and where you're going. I want to pull 405 during summer, squat 315 this year for reps, and bench around 250 before the close of this year (I put up 185x5 yesterday -- which is my best set thus far).

I'm curious to know if anyone here powerlifts or specifically strength trains, how long have you been PLing and how do you approach doing the big lifts without chickening out?

Cheers \m/

Under_Starmere wrote:
Unng. I'm ThRoBing

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:18 pm 

@Diamhea, I indeed couldn't really preacher curl a plate, but 35lbs on each side was relatively okay. I think this has to do with my wrists not being able to handle the 50lbs more than anything.

@Maniac, good job on the 315 deadlift. I've only been powerlifting for basically this semester and can barely do 300. I'm much better on squats, though. My 1RM is 305 and I can do a set of 8 at 250 without much problems. I'm pretty much the same at you for benching, did the same as you today but can barely do 200 for my 1RM (something I'm really not happy about). I have a really hard time progressing on the bench press for some reason. For the start of next semester (so have a few months to achieve this), I want to be able to deadlift 340, squat 350 and bench two plates (all 1RMs). Cool to see someone else who's been getting into powerlifting on the boards, cheers.

Maniac Matis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:22 pm 

Damn dude, your squat is killer for how long you've been training! What is your form like? Do you squat below parallel? And thanks man! Deadlifting is SO easy but SO hard. The lift itself is very simple, but it still has to be done correctly because you already are putting yourself in a pretty precarious position when you're pulling a fuck ton of weight, even when deadlifting with proper form lol! How often do you deadlift? I really only pull heavy 3 sets once a week because that's really all you need to do as a novice-intermediate lifter. Just keep squatting and pulling a fuck ton of weight and you'll keep getting stronger!!! \m/

Also, bench is definitely the hardest of the strong-lifts to progress in, next to OHP. If you're stalling, drop to 80% of your current working weight and work back up over a couple weeks. You should be able to do that 3 or 4 times or until it doesn't work anymore, then just change your program! I started out weighing 148-152 lbs and I was benching 140x5x5. I started gaining weight and benching got noticably easier. I'm 183~ish lbs with a full stomache right now, probably about 180 normally. So I've gained 30 healthy lbs in about 4 months! I plan to be 195+ by summer, and my ultimatum is 210-220 and cut up, which I think is achievable by the end of this year if I keep lifting and eating.

As far as solid benching programs go, try the pyramid method! If you don't already know what it is. It has you doing 5 sets @ different weight. You progress up to your 5RM weight as the 3rd set (top set) and then work back down to your original weight that you started with - exactly like a pyramid. Example: 135x5, 165x5, 185x5, 165x5, 135x5

BUT, to really get the best results I do sets 3-5 until failure. I got 165x8 and 135x16 on Sunday. Next week I'll try 190, 175, and 145 until failure. Must keep pushing forward! :metal:

Under_Starmere wrote:
Unng. I'm ThRoBing

Last edited by Maniac Matis on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maniac Matis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:50 pm 

Another great way I've been taught to raise your bench is working out the supporting muscles. I do alot of chin-ups, body weight dips, and barbell rows. Having strong lats is apparently vital to a respectable bench, so I've been doing 2 sets of full length chin-ups til' failure almost every day, and I do barbell rows anytime I do any pressing movement, which is every time I lift :lol:

Under_Starmere wrote:
Unng. I'm ThRoBing

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:40 pm 

I generally don't go below my ass being parallel to my knees for squats. As for deadlifts, I generally do it 3 times a week. Thanks for the advice on benching, I'll definitely try some of it out. Good call on working the supporting muscles, too. Have to remember to do that more often.

Erotetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:40 pm 

dystopia4 wrote:
I generally don't go below my ass being parallel to my knees for squats. As for deadlifts, I generally do it 3 times a week. Thanks for the advice on benching, I'll definitely try some of it out. Good call on working the supporting muscles, too. Have to remember to do that more often.

not even with lighter weight?
is there a reason for this (like, no real benefit to doing to fullest range of movement?), or is it just like how most people don't bother to do deficit push-ups?

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:26 pm 

I'm all for the compound exercises, as MM pointed out, but deadlifts 3 times a week seems like overkill. As I mentioned earlier when I referenced a strong back helping out a menagerie of other exercises, these "stabilizer" muscles are immeasurably important in the quest to acquire the "total package" as opposed to bulging biceps alongside a meager torso and chicken legs.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

grauer_mausling
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:21 pm 

Deadlifts... My back problems mentioned her some weeks ago are gone and I'm back working out
but I am afraid of deadlifts now. I have too much fear atm of getting "hit" in the back while doing them.
Which is really bad as deadlifts were among my fave exercises. Now just thinking of doing them a bright
red light turns on and an inner voice screams "NO!!!!". Just too much fear of pain, even if my form was/is
proper. Any idea what I can to atm to compensate the lack of deadlifts?

I think I can start doing them again if I feel safer even if I feel no pain. It's just my head and it all has
this "self-fullfilling prophecy" feel to it; which means I suppose I will ruin my back even with just a silly
weight light just because I thought this would happen :ugh: Damn brain...

Maniac Matis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:46 pm 

Erotetic wrote:
dystopia4 wrote:

not even with lighter weight?
is there a reason for this (like, no real benefit to doing to fullest range of movement?), or is it just like how most people don't bother to do deficit push-ups?

There's no benefit to only doing half-squats, and in the long run it's terrible putting a shitload of pressure on your knees/joints without getting the full extension. I was trained to only squat ass to grass or else it doesn't count. Plenty of people have excuses as to why they can't/won't do it though, and some are legitimate. I just try to make as little excuse as possible when in the weightroom or else i'm just inhibiting my own strength gains and I'll never get stronger. Squatting deep will make your deadlift SKYROCKET, but it's a fuckload harder no doubt. Sometimes i'll even do paused squats on my light day @ lighter weight and just sit in the hole then BLOW UP. Even doing paused squats w/ 165 is hard for me. Insane how much explosive power you build when doing them though, ultimately transferring to your heavy squat.

Diamhea wrote:
I'm all for the compound exercises, as MM pointed out, but deadlifts 3 times a week seems like overkill. As I mentioned earlier when I referenced a strong back helping out a menagerie of other exercises, these "stabilizer" muscles are immeasurably important in the quest to acquire the "total package" as opposed to bulging biceps alongside a meager torso and chicken legs.

Agree with this big-time. Deadlifting 3 times a week is unheard of unless you're training for a competition months down the road and on some crazy smolov routine. Also, i see SO many dudes that just go into the gym to do bicep curls til' they cry and then leave. Big arms, non-existent shoulders/chest, and pussy legs is a hilarious idea for a build, but everyone's got their own agenda in the weightroom I guess. They might have bigger arms than me, but big arms doesn't mean you're strong!

grauer_mausling wrote:
Deadlifts... My back problems mentioned her some weeks ago are gone and I'm back working out
but I am afraid of deadlifts now. I have too much fear atm of getting "hit" in the back while doing them.
Which is really bad as deadlifts were among my fave exercises. Now just thinking of doing them a bright
red light turns on and an inner voice screams "NO!!!!". Just too much fear of pain, even if my form was/is

I think I can start doing them again if I feel safer even if I feel no pain. It's just my head and it all has
this "self-fullfilling prophecy" feel to it; which means I suppose I will ruin my back even with just a silly

There's no way around it. Do deadlifts. Just pull three sets of 5 @ a reasonable starting weight (I started with 215x3x5 my first week) once a week and add 10 pounds every week until it gets impossible to progress. Then do a progressive deadlift program where your 1st set is moderate 5 reps, 2nd second is your heaviest and try to get 3+, and last set will be heavier than your first set but less than you 2nd, try to find a realistic middleground and pull til' failure. You'll get alot stronger and very rapidly if you challenge yourself, I promise.

Also, watch youtube vids demonstrating perfect form if you're worried you're doing it wrong. There are a couple recognized deadlift forms too, try em all out and see what works best for you. Hope to see you succeed! \m/

Under_Starmere wrote:
Unng. I'm ThRoBing

BarryLamarBonds
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:31 am 

grauer_mausling wrote:

Start with just the bar and add weight in 20 pound increments from there. That should probably put your mind at ease.

capeda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:36 am 

Thinking on it... there are some weeks where I do deadlift exercises for 5 out of 7 days. 3 day split (push, pull, legs), hit deadlifts every pull day, and hit stiff legged deadlifts every legs day. Granted, I'm pretty much at my goal for deadlifts and don't really care how quick I gain strength with the lift anymore. 20 more pounds and I'll be able to pull double body weight raw (after having a slipped disc, an inguinal hernia, and broken fingers), which is my end goal.

That having been said... if I were looking to make gains on deadlift more quickly, I would only do it twice per week max with plenty of rest days in between. Any more than that, and you'll probably plateau.

As much as I love the deadlift, I hate squats... have made negative progress while dieting down for summer. Was pushing 245 for 5x5s back in January, now I'm struggling to hit 225 for the same rep range. I know my progress will go back up when I start bulking again and relax my routine to 3 days per week instead of 6-7, but it sucks watching yourself lose strength.

grauer_mausling
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:43 am 

Maniac Matis wrote:
Also, watch youtube vids demonstrating perfect form if you're worried you're doing it wrong.
There are a couple recognized deadlift forms too, try em all out and see what works best for you. Hope to see you succeed! \m/

I'm not worried of doing them wrong actually. As I wrote they were one of my fave exercises and I steadily progressed up to 275 lbs
when my lower back started to suck (not because of the deadlifts! just a wrong all-day movement :annoyed: ). Think I will have to
get my mind "clean" and somehwo get rid of the fear. Probably the "just start with the bar" thing BarryLamarBonds said will help
and I will slowly start at zero till the fear is gone.

CGB_Spender
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:21 pm 

I frequent the gym 4 times a week. I alternate which muscles I exercise each day. I also always have music, for some reason it keeps my confidence up :D. After some weight lifting, I do 30 mins of cardio. I am a pretty skinny guy, not sure if I should do more weight training or cardio. I eat like a beast too. Doctor knows I have a fast metabolism just by looking at me.

I eat really healthy, vegetables and fruit everyday, and who doesn't like meat. I enjoy chicken the most, and the occasional red meats. I am not a huge fan of seafood, but fish is supposed to be really good for you.

Funny thing happens to me every week though. I noticed my weight keeps changing every week. Not by a lot, 4 pounds less one week, and 4 pounds more the next. I usually wear the same clothes to the gym too.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:47 pm 

Water weight, most likely. Weight fluctuations like that aren't uncommon and have stressed many a weekend warrior to the point of throwing in the towel (pun intended) over the years.

Last.fm

capeda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:45 am 

My weight fluctuates like crazy with the diet I'm doing right now... cyclic ketogenic. I limit carbohydrate intake to 20-30g a day from Sunday to Friday afternoon, then shoot to eat ~600g of carbs between Friday night to the end of Saturday. I'm lightest by Friday afternoon due to depleted glycogen stores and lowered water weight (due to lack of carbs), and heaviest on Sunday-Monday. Typically gain about 6 pounds by Sunday because of the weekend, but drop 7 by Friday... net loss of about 1 lb per week. Very predictable and controllable. Also keeps me sane during the weekends when I feel like eating junk food and getting blitzed on booze.

Exigence

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:26 pm 

I absolutely do not consume grains or starches. My only real cheat is alcohol, which is maybe 2 days a week. Including frozen strawberry margaritas. Can't live without those.

I also love trail mix (with M&Ms) but other than that.....juts meat, veggies and fruit 24/7.

I haven't tasted bread in over a year. Haha.

CGB_Spender
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:25 pm 

Speaking of carbs, I eat a lot of rice. Does that have anything to do with being skinny?? Just trying to figure out what the right carb to eat is. I suppose it doesn't really matter.

Erotetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:10 pm 

CGB_Spender wrote:
Speaking of carbs, I eat a lot of rice. Does that have anything to do with being skinny?? Just trying to figure out what the right carb to eat is. I suppose it doesn't really matter.

not a lot of fat asians. #anecdote.

capeda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:40 pm 

Asians also get about 10x the amount of Iodine as anybody else in the world, with all the seafood/seaweed they eat... and high Iodine intake correlates with more active thyroids, thus a more active metabolism. But there are probably a lot of factors at play there!

Your source of carbohydrates is irrelevant for the most part, unless you're gluten sensitive. Some people are more sensitive to insulin spikes, and will never really drop below a certain level of body fat unless they specifically limit their carb intake. Even if you are eating below your calculated level of daily macronutrients, you may actually gain fat from carb intake based on your genetics. There are folks who live by "calories in = calories out"... but that really isn't the case for EVERY body. Gotta experiment with your own diet and workouts to find what works for you. From my personal experience, ketosis works better for dropping fat than simply limiting calories.

CGB_Spender
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:36 pm 

Erotetic wrote:
CGB_Spender wrote:

not a lot of fat asians. #anecdote.

Lucky us, I guess. We are cursed with packing small meat though, so the stereotypes say.

Erotetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:57 am 

CGB_Spender wrote:
Lucky us, I guess. We are cursed with packing small meat though, so the stereotypes say.

if there's any truth to it, it's probably just proportional to height (i.e., a white or black man of the same height on average would be the same 'size', I would wager), and, one would imagine, it's all relative anyway--a normal white guy with a tall white woman might be less satisfying than a short asian guy with a short asian girl.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:00 am 

So it's going be the 4th day today of me visiting the gym (I finally did it, Diamhea, darkeningday).

I've been advised to follow 45min of cardio workout (20 min on the treadmill, 15 on cross-trainer and 10 cycling). Since I'm at a beginner level, I guess it's a good start. Just wanted to ask if the time I visit the gym plays an important role? I go to the gym straight after work (around 8pm), work out for an hour and then have my dinner. Should I switch to a morning routine?

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:10 am 

If you're doing cardio, it's normally better in the morning, unless of course, you don't have any trouble sleeping after going to the gym at 8pm! There's tons of studies about this, and many have found that it doesn't really matter.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:40 am 

Yup, doesn't really matter, depends on the individual. I was never much of a morning person, I always go around 6pm or so. Your body is already playing catch up when you first wake up (Dehydration, etc.) so if your goal is to lose weight, going in on a relatively empty stomach early in the am has it's advantages. If you are trying to put weight on, it obviously makes more sense to get some fuel in your body beforehand, thus going later on is probably easier.

Last.fm

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:16 pm 

Thanks for the responses, guys. I'm gonna stick to late evening for now (out of convenience) or perhaps push it to 7pm if I can.

Erotetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:46 pm 

Gelseth_Andrano wrote:
Hey everyone,
I know I can't be the only one here who frequents, the gym, since it seems to be a pretty major thing to most metalheads to be intimidating

have metalheads told you that about themselves?

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:51 pm 

I used to bench 80kg, not impressive, but more than my bodyweight and a achievement for a skinny bitch like me. Now I struggle to lift 20, 30kg.... I need to get back to the fucking gym

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:39 pm 

Exigence wrote:
I absolutely do not consume grains or starches.
I haven't tasted bread in over a year.

Bro, I don't care how good you look. That in no way sounds worth it.

Finally got up to the 50lbs dumbells for bicep curls I was talking about early. Can't do many reps though, which is the next thing I need to work on.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:48 pm 

Did my suggestions help regarding that?

Last.fm

Ohrwurm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 6:04 am 

Hey guys, I know it's a bad idea, but I'm considering doing an Anavar/Winstrol pill course for 6 weeks. Any tips? Would going to the gym an hour every day with this yield results? Is it too much?

Feel free to try and talk me out of it too, but I really want to get some results soon, so I don't think it'll work.

last.fm

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 6:56 am 

I've seen your pics before...it isn't really necessary. Would it work? Sure. Would it help compared to without? Sure, but I think you should wean yourself on realistic gains supplemented by eating decent before you consider this route. It just reeks of desperation and amateurism on it's own, and Winny is rough on the body...please understand that pro competitors that use this stuff for a long time put themselves at great risk. Bodybuilders die at a rate only rivaled by pro wrestlers, and look up Andreas Münzer's death if you want to see what supplement overuse can cause.

Last.fm

Ohrwurm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:18 am 

Diamhea wrote:
I've seen your pics before...it isn't really necessary. Would it work? Sure. Would it help compared to without? Sure, but I think you should wean yourself on realistic gains supplemented by eating decent before you consider this route. It just reeks of desperation and amateurism on it's own, and Winny is rough on the body...please understand that pro competitors that use this stuff for a long time put themselves at great risk. Bodybuilders die at a rate only rivaled by pro wrestlers, and look up Andreas Münzer's death if you want to see what supplement overuse can cause.

That's why I went for the 'beginner course'. I can control myself, I'll complete this 6-week course and maybe make it a once a spring thing to do a mild course to get the 'beach body'. I did the research and this course is especially for beginners who want that result.

I did work out almost daily for a few months, and I have you to thank for pushing me over the edge and starting to do that, but it had no avail and that was when I had a lot better diet than I do now. I lived with my dad who can cook, but now that I'm back subletting a room, having a decent diet isn't very realistic on the long term.

last.fm

BarryLamarBonds
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:48 am 

Ohrwurm wrote:
Hey guys, I know it's a bad idea, but I'm considering doing an Anavar/Winstrol pill course for 6 weeks. Any tips? Would going to the gym an hour every day with this yield results? Is it too much?

Feel free to try and talk me out of it too, but I really want to get some results soon, so I don't think it'll work.

Just go with injectables. Easier on the liver. I'd still give yourself a couple of days off a week, but up the intensity of your workouts for sure.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 5:37 am 

Ohrwurm wrote:

If I were you I'd not do it so quickly because of the effects it can have on your endocrine system. Regardless of whether you're fully developed or not, these are basically shutting down your natural testosterone. You should have a good PCT afterwards and even then, it won't guarantee that you'll fully recover. It isn't a particularly dangerous thing (especially compared to other drugs), but but I'm sure you'd like to have your hormones and endocrine system intact. I'd spend more time doing more in-depth research and seeing the effect on other folks who have used it before just jumping into it being relatively uninformed.
Don't take this as a personal insult, but doing it just to get a 'beach body' is fucking stupid. Winny/anavar can potentially wreck you, hormone-wise. Spend some more time doing more research and seeing if you really want to do this.

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 58  Next