Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
volutetheswarth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:21 am 

Hey, I thought we start up a non-metal 2015 album thread. I'm sure there's lots of albums to look out for so let's hear it!

Additionally I have trouble keeping up with bands outside of metal so this'd be a good way to update my and everyone's memory with recent news.

For myself personally, there's retro space-synth Dynatron's latest which I imagine will be more dramatic and powerful than before, new synth artists usually get better with each album, and hopefully The Prodigy will lift their game and deliver something that at least equals or surpasses The Fat of the Land. Ok, your turn!

CoF
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:42 am 

First of all, I hope the latest Rome album will be released in a normal version. I bought the "Die Aesthetik der Herrschaftsfreiheit" box set, but this time I felt there was too much stuff I don't care about included in the deluxe version for "A Passage To Rhodesia", plus the price was higher, even the minimum price of ca. 86€ was way more than I would have wanted to spend on this.

Other than that, I certainly look forward to the second Beastmilk album. With Kvohst on the mic, there isn't much they could do wrong. Same goes for Vaura, but right now, I'd probably rather like to hear yet another Kayo Dot release, "Hubardo" and "Coffins on Io" were both simply brilliant.

I would love to hear a new album from Oneohtrix Point Never next year. "R Plus Seven" was kind of a mind-blowing experience for me.

And that remix-album for Run The Jewels 2 with only cat sounds being used is a definite buy for 2015 :-D

Additionally, I'm hoping for new stuff from Infected Mushroom, Klimt1918, The Knife or Fever Ray, Ulver, Julia Holter and many more.

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:37 pm 

First of all, I'm waiting for Arditi's "Imposing Elitism" to be released on CD, since it has only come out on tape. Besides that, I can't wait for the new Marilyn Manson and the new Prodigy.

volutetheswarth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:58 pm 

I'd say Faith No More will be the most hyped release of the year and with good reason. Personally I don't know how they couldn't deliver in terms of their multiple style output, the two new songs available aren't exactly exciting but I imagine it'll be better than Album of The Year.

I'm curious about Red Hot Chili Peppers 2015 release, because the funk/rap style seems to be on the back burner and I'm curious if they will reinvent themselves well with all the talk Flea has promised. Certainly they produce better music when not vying for a double album, Stadium Arcadium was mostly tired and forgettable.

volutetheswarth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:42 am 

Yeah, I find it a little odd next to no one has commented yet given it's such an easily approachable thread question prime for discussion but whatever.

I'm keen for Songs from The Black Hole by Prong as Ruining Lives was easily Prong's best release to date. Every song hit a home run with plenty of variety and no tracks were skippable, that's gotta be some record in terms of groove rock/metal. I think a majority of bands can do cover songs exceptionally if given the appropriate spin so we'll see how it goes. After rising above and beyond the forgettable 'Carved into Stone', I see nothing but great things.

Yahko
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:55 pm 

According to Wikipedia there are a few releases in 2015.

Faith No More, Noel Gallagher, Coldplay, Duran Duran, Fleetwood Mac, Muse The Offspring, RHCP. The one I hope turns good is Muse, I was really disappointed by their much lighter albums in the past few years. I want something heavy from them.

Reply to topic