Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
raspberrysoda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:47 pm 

It can be a CD, record, t-shirt... you name it.

Mine is probably the Dissonant - Consolidated Reality Fragments CD which was independently released on a 1000 copies and Mysticum - In The Streams of Inferno's first edition which was released on 3000 copies.

Napero wrote:
I keep reading your username as "razzberrysoda". Too much Pokémon Go with youngest daughter, it seems.

stainedclass2112 wrote:
It was a joke you darn can of fizzy sweetened liquid

Deathdoom1992
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:04 pm 

Krokus' s/t debut record - 500 copies only. Weirdest thing is, I don't have the faintest clue where I got it, I found it when I moved about a month ago. I must've forgotten about it totally since I reviewed the first album and claimed to not own the original vinyl.

Thoth Amon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:56 pm 

Sarcoptes- Songs and Dances of Death

True its new
True its my own band
But... theres only 100 copies in existence
So I guess that counts

Erosion of Humanity
Magic Mike Jr.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:56 pm 

Either Appalling Spawn's Freedom, Hope and Fury limited to 500 copies and bloody expensive, least my copy was. Or Darkness Over Depth's s/t as I've never actually seen a copy of it for sale, granted I quit looking after I found mine. I had to message people on discogs who had it in their collection, of which there were only three at the time, to see if anyone would part with it.

Margaret Atwood wrote:
War is what happens when language fails.

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:14 pm 

Excluding self-released demo tapes and CDRs that were only produced in tiny quantities, probably the handnumbered CD release of Vital Remains - Reduced to Ashes on Crionics Records or any number of Osmose limited to 500 copies.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:37 pm 

I have some doom metal CDs that were really rare, and have had them since they were rare, but they have since been reissued, so, eh:

Count Raven - Storm Warning
Pentagram - Relentless
Pentagram - Day of Reckoning
Black Hole - Living Mask
Church of Misery - Master of Brutality

Storm Warning may be a first press, but I don't know. The rest of them are first presses. I actually now have 2 copies of the Master of Brutality first press as I found one in the bargain bin for a whole $1.95 about a year ago.

Probably the rarest CDs I own that are still rare:

Minotauri - s/t
Cold Mourning - Lower Than Low
Trouble - Manic Frustration
Trouble - s/t (this is a promo though)
Penance - The Road Less Traveled (promo)

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:53 pm 

Nephilim Subspecies - The Human Alien Agenda Limited to 25 copies.

Basically a cross breed between Mortician/Discordance Axis with each song beginning with a sample of someone talking about their experience being abducted by aliens. Really cool stuff.

Yes, this actually exists.

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:25 pm 

DoomMetalAlchemist wrote:

I can't imagine those Trouble albums would be all that rare compared to some of the others you listed... maybe in terms of the fact that people are unwilling to part with them, but they were both major-label releases so there's bound to be thousands of copies in existence. Then again I still have Manic Frustration but I foolishly traded the s/t away (and it was a proper copy, not a promo) thinking "yeah it's on Def American, I'll find another one easily enough"... nope :(

DoomMetalAlchemist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:17 am 

chaossphere wrote:
DoomMetalAlchemist wrote:

I can't imagine those Trouble albums would be all that rare compared to some of the others you listed... maybe in terms of the fact that people are unwilling to part with them, but they were both major-label releases so there's bound to be thousands of copies in existence. Then again I still have Manic Frustration but I foolishly traded the s/t away (and it was a proper copy, not a promo) thinking "yeah it's on Def American, I'll find another one easily enough"... nope :(

Well, I guess I equate "rare" with "hard to find." :-P

EDIT: Oh! I just remembered. I guess I should mention that in 2013 or 2014 I actually found a used copy of Trouble's s/t at a brick and mortar store for $20. I almost bought it, but didn't because a) I already had my promo copy, and b) I was already buying like $80 worth of stuff I didn't want to put back. I have since come to regret this decision.

korgull
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:19 am 

Now that I've sold off the last of my Fabergé eggs, I'm not really sure what is the rarest thing in my collection.

It's very possibly this early fifties (1950?) private pressing demo made by a fallen Hollywood starlet who left it all behind to live a life of seclusion and off-kilter outsider music.
http://www.poppressinternational.com/20 ... -of-heart/

I also still have several band shirts from the '80s, which are probably pretty rare considering the majority of the ones made were likely worn out and thrown away long ago.
Here are a few examples:
Tribute to Cliff Burton
Slayer Reign in Blood
DRI - Tear it Down

RichardDeBenthall
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:20 am 

I don't have much tbh. I've got one of the seemingly few CD pressings of Live Legacy by Dissection which I impulse bought when I was first getting into extreme metal. Not even sure if its rare but it doesn't seem to be readily available anywhere else.

On vinyl I've got a load of original pressings from the 70's and 80's which were given to me by my dad when he bought everything on CD. Probably nothing really rare though apart from a few Marillion picture disks!

Cosmic_Equilibrium
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:05 am 

I wouldn't say Manic Frustration or the Trouble s/t were rare albums per se, but they are out of print and very hard to find. The s/t cost a bit secondhand. I did get Manic Frustration for £3.50 in a local record store though.

I wouldn't say any of my records are truly 'rare', though I do have some first pressings, most notably one of Hawkwind's In Search Of Space which comes with a little log book documenting an interstellar journey. It's a bit unusual to find one of those log books intact apparently.

Band tour shirts seem to be getting very collectable. I'd like a genuine Soundgarden shirt from the 90s but the ones on ebay are going for anything up to over £100. I do have a very worn out Metallica Load tour shirt I got from a charity shop though, which doesn't seem to turn up on ebay much.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:46 am 

I'll try to keep the distinction between "rare" and "hard to find" separate. :D

Blood of Christ - Demos 1991-1993 (200 copies)

This is actually a really great compilation of this underrated band's demo material. Some killer old-school death metal with some black influences and thrash interspersed in there. I can't even remember where I got it anymore.

Nekromorphine - Senseless Ecstasy (50 copies)

This is really off-the-wall black metal that is almost grating to the ears but has a certain charm...the first four tracks, at least. The wheels kind of fell off in the last two but it's different if nothing else, haha.

Grind.bot - Object Oriented (100 copies)

I actually bought this about a month ago so there might still be a few copies left. Brutal death metal that's completely computerised. Sounds shit? To everyone else, maybe. I kinda dig it. :)

Beyond Life - Blackened Sky (500 copies)

Really great depressive ambient black metal. Sounds terrible on paper but it's actually really engaging and interesting. Found this at a store in Melbourne quite randomly.

Sadistic Intent - Ancient Black Earth (500 copies)

This one cost me a pretty penny but I love it. Really great old-school death metal EP full of great riffs.

Enthralled - Death is Breeding (200 copies) / Anthropomorphous (196 copies)

I can't even remember where I bought this, or how I even came across this band in the first place. I have a liking to Death is Breeding more but both of these demos kick so much ass with their death/thrash that it's a shame they weren't going further than this.

There's probably some I'm forgetting but these are rare for me. :)
I have Facebook again. Make me not lame on there. (Let me know who you are first, of course.)

cacaman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:17 am 

I listed every release i got, limited to less than 2,000 :

Crimson Glory : In Dark Places 1986-2000 (Crimson Glory / Transcendence / Strange And Beautiful / Astronomica / Astronomica Demos / slipcase 5 digipacks 2010 Metal Mind / limited & numbered edition 1000 copies)
High Power : Les Violons De Satan (reissue 2015 No Remorse / limited edition 500 copies)
Rhapsody Of Fire : The Frozen Tears Of Angels (1st press digibook 2010 Nuclear Blast / limited & numbered box set 500 copies + poster + photo)
Rhapsody Of Fire : From Chaos To Eternity (1st press 3CDs 2011 Nuclear Blast / limited & numbered box set 500 copies + poster)
Metal Church : The Shrapnel Tapes (compilation 2008 White Stallion / limited edition 500 copies)
Aspid : Extravasation (remastered edition digipack 2015 Metal Race / limited & numbered edition 500 copies)
Cynic : Traced In Air (1st press 2008 Season Of Mist / limited box set 1000 copies + plexiglas case + poster + guitar pick + exclusive booklet + t-shirt + stickers + USB key)
Cynic : Kindly Bent To Free Us (1st press 2014 Season Of Mist / limited box set 1000 copies + poster + exclusive booklet & photos + title song full score)
Mantas : Death By Metal (1st CD press 2CDs digipack 2012 Relapse / limited & numbered edition 1000 copies)
Control Denied : The Fragile Art Of Existence (remastered edition 3CDs digipack 2010 Relapse / limited edition 1000 copies)
Death : Live In Eindhoven '98 (1st press 2001 Nuclear Blast / limited edition 1000 copies)
Death : Live In Eindhoven '98 (reissue digipack 2002 Irond / limited edition 500 copies)
Kalisia : Skies (1st press 1996 Adipocere / limited edition 1500 copies)
Misanthrope : Visionnaire (reissue 2005 Holy / limited edition 1000 copies)
Orphaned Land : The Road To Or Shalem (1st press CD + 2DVDs 2011 Century Media / limited deluxe artbook edition 500 copies)
Serdce : Timelessness (1st press 2014 Blood Music / limited edition 1000 copies)
The Chasm : Conjuration Of The Spectral Empire (1st press 2002 Witches Brew / limited & numbered edition 1000 copies)

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:29 am 

Not counting demos, I have that Verdunkeln demo that actually is a demo but that I count anyway because it's a professional CD. 300 of those were made.

The contents of your post have been mailed to Jackoroth's dad.

Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:39 am 

droneriot wrote:
Not counting demos, I have that Verdunkeln demo that actually is a demo but that I count anyway because it's a professional CD. 300 of those were made.

Wow, you're lucky. From what I can sample from YouTube, the sound is so much better than on the remastered one.

Ку.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:19 am 

Was quite a bit after it came out, but back then Nightgaunt knew pretty much every no name distro on the planet (probably still does) and knew one that still carried it. Now it's in my CD selling thread like most of the rest of my CDs.

The contents of your post have been mailed to Jackoroth's dad.

MonumentalBlackArt
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:34 am 

Lindskold - The Majesty of the Lidless Eye CDr (10 copies)
Lindskold/Fantome de Sang - Our Enemy has Returned (10 copies)

Jonpo
Hypercolombowler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:38 am 

Probably my copy of the Mercyful Fate EP. I don't have the white border copy, but I do have the black border copy that came out the same year. They aren't too terribly expensive, around $50 usually. It means a lot to me though as it's one of my favorite releases of all time, and it's the most I've dropped on a single record so far.

Other prized possessions would be Dark Age's s/t EP, first pressing of Cloven Hoof's debut LP, and Legend's Death in the Nursery on vinyl.

Deathdoom1992
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:50 am 

Oh yeah I forgot some stuff:
- Every Maiden rarity ever (you name it, I've got it)
- Motorhead - Bad Magic Gold Vinyl (not all that rare, 7500 copies pressed)
- Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus (picture disc, 300 copies, also own original presses of the first four)

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:02 pm 

Mayhem: European Legions (DVD soundtrack) - limited to 500 copies
Mayhem: Pure Fucking Armageddon (on CD) - limited to 1000 copies
Moonspell: Under The Moonspell (first press)

Also, not metal (Martial Industrial):

I.R.O.N. - Evolving - limited to 300 handnumbered copies (mine is #31)

MammothRider
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:50 pm 

Briton Rites - For Mircalla (Splatter vinyl, 350 copies)
Gatekeeper - The Vigilance Sessions (CD, wax sealed, I think 50 copies were made)
Hell - Trilogy (4LP, I can't seem to find how many were pressed, though)
Megaton Leviathan - Past 21 Beyond the Arctic Cell (Splatter vinyl, 100 copies)
Metal Mirror - III (Splatter vinyl, 150 copies)
The Gates of Slumber - The Wretch (Die hard edition, 300 copies)
Wizard Cult - Meteorites, Tektites, & Impactites (Cassette, 30 copies)

Nothing exceedingly rare. I probably have more, I just don't have the time to go through my collection.

Methuen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:37 pm 

I've been lucky enough to pick up a few interesting things over the years, some may be rare, some not;

Niden Div. 187 - Impergium (original 1997 CD release)

Necrotic Trust - Dry Our Fears (limited to 50 or 100 copies, band now split up)

Alcest - Souvenirs d'Un Autre Monde (the Beneath Grey Skies vinyl pressing of 999 copies with the new artwork)

WASP - The Idol (the 1992 single, with all of the fold-out cardboard stuff)

Nightwish - pretty much their entire early discography on Drakkar / Spinefarm.

Odovacar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:43 pm 

In my current collection of music Agalloch - The White and Vektor - Demolition, and Mother 1 on translucent red vinyl are probably my rarest pieces of music that I have.

I think that True Norwegian Black Metal signed by Peter Beste is one of my rarer books.

rawsewage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:07 pm 

A still sealed longbox copy of Axiom-Vicious Circle. They were a Power-Thrash band from Ohio. Only 500 copies were made.

severzhavnost
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:50 pm 

I'm a pretty half-ass collector, but when one of 300 of Judas Iscariot's "Under the Black Sun" turned up for 10$ in the bargain bin, that was quite a score. Pity the fool who got rid of that!

Von Cichlid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:01 pm 

I have a lot of stuff in my collection and plenty of it is rare, but I'll limit myself to posting what I would ask more than $25 for if I was to sell.

I'm not very good at uploading images so the top of some of the CD's are cut off. I'll do better on future posts. Here are some from the A's in my CD collection.

Spoiler: show

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:57 pm 

I believe I have a few "rarities", or at the least, "now expensive to buy on Discogs/Ebay/whatever" releases. I know the two aren't necessarily the same, as when I bought most of these it was at the time of their release, and they weren't expensive then.

I have the Head Not Found LP press of Emperor's Wrath of the Tyrant (1995). Limited to 1000, but my copy is the un-numbered, poster-less version. Still fetching some ridiculous prices on Discogs ($270-500AUD).

My Malicious Records press of Dødheimsgard - Kronet til Konge (1995) LP is somewhat rare I guess. Pressed in 666 copies, in gate-fold form, and is pretty expensive.

My Abigor's Verwüstung / Invoke The Dark Age (black & white cover) Napalm Records 1st press seems to be a bit of a rarity to some, and for a CD it's rather expensive to grab a copy of. I have two copies. I also have Nachtymen (From The Twilight Kingdom) and Orkblut - The Retaliation Napalm CD's.

I have both of Abyssal's first two CD albums, that were self released, and apparently "hand crafted". Not sure about their rarity, but whatever.

I have the Last Epitaph press of Sventevith (Storming Near The Baltic) LP. Seems pricey these days.

Behexen's Rituale Satanum LP is limited to 500, and as it's the only vinyl press, I guess that qualifies.

I have the Impure Creations version of Blut Aus Nord's Memoria Vetusta I: Fathers of the Icy Age CD (again, unsure whether this is rare).

Apparently the Vinyl Solution CD press of Death Shall Rise by Cancer is a rarity? Expensive purchase these days anyway...

Darkspace -1 re-recorded demo #55/500. As soon as I uploaded this version to my Discogs collection, someone immediately messaged me wanting to buy it from me :lol:

I have Dawn's Nær Solen Gar Niþer For Evogher and Slaughtersun (Crown Of The Triarchy) digipak version 1st presses. Kind of sought after I believe.

I have Enslaved's Vikingligr veldi on DSP (no barcode version). Happy to own that one. Classic.

I also have the DSP version of De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas (Anti-Mosh 006) on CD.

Frozen Shadows Dans les bras des immortels die hard version is limited to 220 (mine's #203). Great album too.

Armoured Angels' Stygmatyr maxi CD (digipak) seems rather hard to get a hold of. I have two copies.

I have Funerary Pit's Winds of Hell 7" (silver) and The Titan Sea 12" (green) both limited to 100. Fantastic band.

Har Shatan - His Legacy 12" is limited to 99. My copy is #47. Underrated as hell raw black metal.

Interment's Where Death Shall Increase 1991-1994 LP (black version) is limited to 270. Wouldn't mind grabbing the white vinyl for the patch and pin.

I have the black jewel case version of Mefisto's The Truth compilation CD. 500 copies were pressed. Quite pricey.

I have the coffin shaped box version of Necrophagia's A Legacy of Horror, Gore and Sickness compilation CD. 1000 copies.

Necros Christos Night of the Unmutilated Ritual DVD limited to 30 copies.

Sadistic Intent Ancient Black Earth CD #246/500.

Vital Remains Dawn of the Apocalypse Osmose Records #757/1000 LP.

Zyklon-B Blood Must Be Shed Malicious Records LP, is well, expensive these days. Didn't cost me much back in the day.

I have loads of limited stuff, but nothing that would count as super rare or anything.

My collection

praey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:21 pm 

October Tide - Rain Without End, the original Vic Records CD release from 1997. Limited to 1000 copies. I got it on eBay a few years back for a good sum. It's quite hard to find and has much cooler artwork than the 2008 re-release. Also have something of a personal connection with this album as I first listened to it in full while laying in my bed high on percocets after getting my wisdom teeth removed back in high school. As someone who's never experimented with any drugs at all really (besides alcohol) the combination of heavy painkillers and the album's sorrowful, evocative melodies just put me into a blissful, dreamy state unlike I've ever experienced. Of course, it's a great album in its own right, and it's held up on repeat listens as well.

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:33 pm 

Now I've got my collection unpacked and on the shelf, I can list a few of my prized items... most aren't hard albums to find per se, but are mostly first press versions which are quite scarce:

Absu - The Third Storm of Cythraul (CD digipak, Osmose first press)

Aeternus - Beyond the Wandering Moon (inverted-cross foldout digipak, Hammerheart first press)

Aurora Borealis - Mansions of Eternity (self-released CD)

Bathory - Hammerheart (Noise USA first press CD)

Covenant - Nexus Polaris (Nuclear Blast first press, without "of Norway" on the cover)

Deranged - Deranged (LP, Merciless Records)

Dissection - The Past Is Alive (first press digipak, Necropolis)

Entombed - Left Hand Path (first press USA CD on Combat and Earache 1991 Grindcrusher tour edition red/white splatter vinyl LP)

Gorgasm - Bleeding Profusely (Extremities Productions CD, first press)

Gorguts - first presses of all the first four CDs

Hades - Again Shall Be and Dawn Of The Dying Sun (both first press CDs on Full Moon Production)

Holy Terror - Terror & Submission and Mind Wars (LPs, Under One Flag)

Hypocrisy - Penetralia (CD, first press)

Immortal - Battles in the North (Digipak CD, first press)

Impaled Nazarene - Ugra-Karma (original CD with Bhagavad Gita cover)

Isengard - Vinterskugge (Deaf Records first press CD)

Kreator - Flag of Hate (12" EP, USA misprint version with tracklist sticker on back cover)

Nile - Festivals of Atonement (Anubis Records, first press CD)

Satyricon - Dark Medieval Times (Moonfog first press CD)

Satyricon/Enslaved - The Forest is My Throne (Moonfog first press CD)

Scepter - Metal Supremacy (self-released CD)

Sinister - Hate (Nuclear Blast first press CD)

Solstice - Lamentations (Candlelight first press CD)

Taake - Nattestid (Wounded Love first press CD)

Tsjuder - Kill For Satan (Drakkar first press CD)

Thor's Hammer - Fidelity Shall Triumph/May The Hammer Smash The Cross (Vinland Winds DLP, limited to 500)

Perdition666
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:44 am 

Band-Maid's "Maid in Japan" and "愛と情熱のマタドール" are easily the most rare/expensive CDs I own. Nothing to do with metal though. I've seen the former sell for $400 US and latter sell for $200 US on multiple occasions. I got those before they went out of print and exploded in value.

MinstreliX's "Memoirs" is the most I spent on a CD ($100 US). Its probably impossible to find outside of Japan, but it shows up on Yahoo Auctions from time to time (there's one now for 15000 yen... ouch).

Both of Light Bringer's albums "Heartful Message" and "Midnight Circus" go for a lot (and I notice the latter has increase in price a lot since I landed my copy). "Tales of Almanac" is too rich for my blood...

I own the 1st press of Gonin-Ish's debut - that one is both rather expensive and scarce.

For non-Japanese stuff, I think these are all somewhat valuable:

October Tide - Rain Without End (1st press)
Vinterland - Welcome My Last Chapter (1st press)
Unanimated - Ancient God of Evil (1st press)
Eucharist - Mirrorworlds (1st press)
A Canorous Quintet - As Tears, Silence of the World Beyond, The Only Pure Hate

I have 1st presses of the 1st 2 Septic Flesh CDs and I guess those go for a bit (I'd rather have these than some Season of Mist brickwalled horror)

And holy shit, Anubis Gate's first 4 CDs sure got pricey.

Black Destiny's "In Neo Noir" took me years to get and it didn't cost me that much either. I was ready to go into a bidding war for that one.

There's probably some Japanese pressings I have that go for a bit (even though a lot of them aren't *that* pricey or hard to find over there). Just from browsing Discogs: Ark's "Burn the Sun," Conception's "Flow," and Agent Steel "Order of the Illuminati" went for a lot.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:55 am 

Perdition666 wrote:
Vinterland - Welcome My Last Chapter (1st press)

I have this, too. I'm not sure how rare it is, but when it crops up it sure is expensive.
I have Facebook again. Make me not lame on there. (Let me know who you are first, of course.)

Von Cichlid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:41 am 

Here is some stuff I picked out from my B,C,D portion of my CD's. It was all pretty rare in the states when I got it but much has been reissued.

I have that Vinterland to, but not the "Wings of Sorrow" version. I was definitely going to do that one when I get to the V's!

Naught
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:35 am 

I'm unsure how sought after the original Kettenhund Records release of Nagelfar's first full-length album, Hünengrab im Herbst (1997) is, but I have that CD in my collection. I also have the original MegaForce Records CD of Overkill's, Taking Over (1987) that I purchase from a local record store within my immediate area for $20.00 USD.

Thoth Amon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:21 am 

ive also got The Shining OST on record
apparently thats pretty rare too

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:37 am 

Von Cichlid wrote:
Here is some stuff I picked out from my B,C,D portion of my CD's.

I also have the Woodcut press of By The Blessing of Satan as well as those two Deathspell Omega CD's. Also have that Carpe Tenebrum album (Head Not Found), and I don't know anyone else who does :grin: I actually don't mind it. Not terrible in anyway for mine.

My collection

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:23 am 

I've still got Inquisitors Of Satan on CD, traded Infernal Battles as I just didn't find it to be very good. Nearly my Darkthrone CDs are the old versions too (except Soulside Journey which is the slipcase reissue from 2000-ish), but they're mostly second or third pressings so I left them out of the list :lol:

iRaptr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:55 am 

These two:
-Box set edition of Elements (the reissue of 2014, limited to 3000 copies)
-Signed single "Love" from Sonata Arctica

Von Cichlid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:01 am 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
Von Cichlid wrote:
Here is some stuff I picked out from my B,C,D portion of my CD's.

I also have the Woodcut press of By The Blessing of Satan as well as those two Deathspell Omega CD's. Also have that Carpe Tenebrum album (Head Not Found), and I don't know anyone else who does :grin: I actually don't mind it. Not terrible in anyway for mine.

That Carpe Tenebrum CD, along with the first Covenant and Troll are some of my favorite foot stompin groovin Nagash made bm that there is. I actually like the percussion on those better than what Hellhammer did on Nexus Polaris and the other two Troll's. I'll post those good ones (ITBTL and DDK) when I get there. I have all the other stuff from those bands but I am not posting it, even though they have the same rareness. :scratch:

I guess for me this is turning into "Post what you think is really cool- just make sure it is semi-rare."

Rest assured though, I have some killer stuff coming up. You and Chaosphere will definitely recognize it when you see it!
I can already tell then all three of our collections are going to have some serious overlap.

chaossphere wrote:
I've still got Inquisitors Of Satan on CD, traded Infernal Battles as I just didn't find it to be very good. Nearly my Darkthrone CDs are the old versions too (except Soulside Journey which is the slipcase reissue from 2000-ish), but they're mostly second or third pressings so I left them out of the list :lol:

I'll go ahead and post it for you then. :wink:

The first half of Infernal Battles is great, but Inquisitors I am much more proud of so that is why it got posted. The Manifestations I and II and the Moonblood split (have 'em all) are wonderful as well. I like the first version of DSO way way way more than the discordant mess they morphed into. Their first albums had melodies that were catchy, beautiful, tension filled, and the drumming was a freight train that carried the jams with unstoppable momentum, especially on Inquisitors. Funny how people say they were a Darkthrone clone at that time because to my ears Darkthrone never jammed that intense. Somewhere along the way, DSO forgot how to write songs that were pleasurable to listen to and instead put all their effort into just being "challenging." :boring: Many will disagree of course, judging from the reviews on this site. Interestingly enough, I still like most all of Clandestine Blaze though.

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:05 pm 

Von Cichlid wrote:

The first half of Infernal Battles is great

Yeah that was the main issue, it turned into bad dubbed-tape demo sludge halfway through. I definitely think IOS and SMRC are their best efforts, the latter being a nice compromise between melodious and uneasy-listening.

TBH there's been a fair few albums posted here that I used to have :lol: Some I should have kept, others I definitely have no regrets about parting with. Mostly a lot of grim black metal, there was a store here which started getting a lot of stuff from Modern Invasion in the late 90s and I ended up getting a bunch of stuff which was already OOP or onto third or fourth pressings while I ended up with the originals. Sadly it eventually became a shadow of its former glory then closed when JB HiFi came along...

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next