Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
NocturnalHolocaust
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:33 pm
Posts: 510
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:18 pm 
 

I apologize. That happened so long ago, I didn't think anyone would care. Won't happen again.

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9625
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:50 pm 
 

That's ok, but keep in mind that not everyone is up-to-date concerning TV series. So major spoilers like that should still use tags since it wasn't -that- long ago.
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
NocturnalHolocaust
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:33 pm
Posts: 510
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:27 pm 
 

Anyways, I agree with the discussion about SOA on the previous page. This season is pretty good so far. It's certainly more interesting than season 3. However, with the way things are going with Jax and Clay, you would think it would be the last season. I'm sure we'll get a swerve of some kind towards the end of the season.

Top
 Profile  
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:46 pm
Posts: 3575
Location: At the Heat of Winter
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:34 pm 
 

Watching X Files all the way through. Almost done with season 2. So many memories growing up in the mid-90s watching this classic show.

Top
 Profile  
wreath_of_coils
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:38 am
Posts: 493
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:40 am 
 

NocturnalHolocaust wrote:
Anyways, I agree with the discussion about SOA on the previous page. This season is pretty good so far. It's certainly more interesting than season 3. However, with the way things are going with Jax and Clay, you would think it would be the last season. I'm sure we'll get a swerve of some kind towards the end of the season.


Yes, SOA is very good this season. Last season played out like a fucking dismal soap opera. All seems to be back on track. You think it's coming to an end? Honestly, I think this show will not (should not at least) run on and on. They would definitely benefit from quitting while their ahead. Much like Breaking Bad.

Speaking of Breaking Bad, anyone catch the new episode? This beast of a show has yet to let me down with all it's twists and turns.

Top
 Profile  
NocturnalHolocaust
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:33 pm
Posts: 510
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:47 am 
 

Nah, I don't think it's going to end anytime soon, but with the ways things are going between the characters, you would think that it was coming to an end. I expect at least one more season from this show.

Top
 Profile  
I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:11 pm
Posts: 1668
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:36 pm 
 

DeathRiderDoom wrote:
Danny Trejo is pretty legitemarre eh. So it's official - new IASIP is out. downloading it right fucking now. Mac as a fatty? Fuck yes.


haha yeah, I didnt even know the new season had started, both those two first episodes were fucking awesome, there was a shitload of drug taking in those two eps combined and Mac as a fatty is hilarious.

Diamhea wrote:
Watching X Files all the way through. Almost done with season 2. So many memories growing up in the mid-90s watching this classic show.


I not so long ago started doing this from the very start, although I had never seen any episodes before. I'm about halfway through Season 9 now, the lack of Mulder is disturbing.
_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/I_am_Vengeance

Top
 Profile  
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:46 pm
Posts: 3575
Location: At the Heat of Winter
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:27 am 
 

I_Am_Vengeance wrote:
I not so long ago started doing this from the very start, although I had never seen any episodes before. I'm about halfway through Season 9 now, the lack of Mulder is disturbing.


Indeed it is. Season 9 is pretty bad, but I really think 7 has the most stinkers. 8 is actually very good if you can excuse the lack of Mulder. His signature dry-wit was such a large part of the show, its something you only notice once it's gone.
_________________
Passive-aggressive complainee wrote:
Communicating exclusively in gifs makes you the most annoying mod ever

http://www.myspace.com/thevala
http://www.last.fm/user/Diamhea

Top
 Profile  
aaronmb666
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:37 am
Posts: 1834
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:25 pm 
 

Morrigan wrote:
So I watched the Terra Nova pilot... it's pretty much as I expected. An interesting idea/premise... pretty much ruined by cheesy, banal writing full of clichés, plot holes, sappiness and a super predictable plot. Not to mention the pretty awful CG. Those dinosaurs, especially those at the beginning, were really terrible. I know it's a TV budget, but with Spielberg's name on it, you'd think they'd have enough money to have special effects at least half as good as those from 15 years ago? Oh well.


The rating was 3.1, so Id be very surprised if it even lasts mid season. They shouldve kept Terminator.

Top
 Profile  
I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:11 pm
Posts: 1668
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:14 pm 
 

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainme ... 6157175553

Hell yes, one of my favourite TV shows is coming back!!!
_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/I_am_Vengeance

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 19046
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:07 pm 
 

NocturnalHolocaust wrote:
Razakel wrote:
I watched the new episode of Dexter (which is online, go watch it and be illegal!) It was pretty good, but for a season premier, I dunno, it could have been more. Some weird religious undertones that I imagine will be expanded upon throughout the season, and I'm not sure how they'll develop.


So, that's already premiered, huh? I dunno, Dexter hasn't been too good since [spoiler end of S4]
Spoiler: show
Rita died
. I might check it out.


Season 5 was just fine. New ep I enjoyed in spite of some rather questionable writing and dialogue - pretty bad in places. But it was enjoyable and the whole thing had a lot of zest to it, and it's not like every ep has the same writer anyway. Overall it was pretty decent, aside from a few pretty stupid lines...definitely funnier than most Dexter season openers...
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: Fright Night 1985

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5904
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:12 am 
 

Morrigan wrote:
So I watched the Terra Nova pilot... it's pretty much as I expected. An interesting idea/premise... pretty much ruined by cheesy, banal writing full of clichés, plot holes, sappiness and a super predictable plot. Not to mention the pretty awful CG. Those dinosaurs, especially those at the beginning, were really terrible. I know it's a TV budget, but with Spielberg's name on it, you'd think they'd have enough money to have special effects at least half as good as those from 15 years ago? Oh well.

Yup, exactly as I see it. It's a shame considering the premise is pretty intriguing. Apparently the creators also stated that they would keep an eye on realism (paleontology-wise), but the first episode pretty much pissed all over that (yeah, I know, it's Brannon Braga; and not that I would mind too much if the rest were worthwhile, but when you're specifically saying something won't happen and then it blatantly happens that isn't a very good sign). As for the characters, those I didn't immediately despise for being moving cliché dispensers (the son, but practically the whole family) I couldn't care less about.

The scenery was good, but the dinosaur CGI, especially the carnotauruses, was as disappointing and half-assed as the rest of the show.

Falling Skies, on the other hand, could be promising. Although it's still too soon to say, the pilot wasn't half bad.

And finally, Breaking Bad. Still the best thing to happen to television in a long time. Season 4 is as awesome, intelligent and intense as the rest of the series, with "Salud" and "Crawl Space" probably being some of the best drama I've ever seen on a TV show. Really psyched for the season finale. :hyper:
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
darkeningday
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:20 pm
Posts: 2006
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:49 am 
 

In all honesty, I don't hate Braga. Frankly, I thought his Next Gen and Voyager episodes were probably the best of Star Trek. Sure, Enterprise was pretty much garbage, but that felt much more like Rick Berman's meddling mitts than Braga's.
_________________
The Zone takes care of its own.

Top
 Profile  
NocturnalHolocaust
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:33 pm
Posts: 510
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:07 am 
 

Empyreal wrote:

Season 5 was just fine. New ep I enjoyed in spite of some rather questionable writing and dialogue - pretty bad in places. But it was enjoyable and the whole thing had a lot of zest to it, and it's not like every ep has the same writer anyway. Overall it was pretty decent, aside from a few pretty stupid lines...definitely funnier than most Dexter season openers...


My thoughts pretty much exactly. It was kind of awkward in some places, but I guess that is to be expected when Dexter is trying to pass as a "real human."

Also
Spoiler: show
Colin Hanks as a serial killer is fucking weird.

Top
 Profile  
VampireKiller
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:21 pm
Posts: 196
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:57 am 
 

I love TV shows like The Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, etc.

But I don't like watching them on TV channels, since that means you have to endure commercial breaks. 'Tis better to buy the shows you love on DVD, if you ask me

And another reason why I don't like watching these shows on channels is because I have a certain bias towards television as a medium

Top
 Profile  
tronics
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:58 am
Posts: 241
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:25 am 
 

Morrigan wrote:
So I watched the Terra Nova pilot... it's pretty much as I expected. An interesting idea/premise... pretty much ruined by cheesy, banal writing full of clichés, plot holes, sappiness and a super predictable plot. Not to mention the pretty awful CG. Those dinosaurs, especially those at the beginning, were really terrible. I know it's a TV budget, but with Spielberg's name on it, you'd think they'd have enough money to have special effects at least half as good as those from 15 years ago? Oh well.


Lol, I was on the phone to my sister in law today and she was telling me how good Terra Nova is. When it comes to TV series though, she watches some really gay shit. I think the only series we both like is Game of Thrones.

Quick comment about Breaking Bad, no spoilers involved, I reckon Season 4 is shaping up to be as good if not better than Seasons 1-3. Such an entertaining show. That is all.
_________________
http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/The+Best+Uncensored+Crank+Calls+Volume+2/3463641

Top
 Profile  
wreath_of_coils
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:38 am
Posts: 493
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:56 pm 
 

tronics wrote:

Quick comment about Breaking Bad, no spoilers involved, I reckon Season 4 is shaping up to be as good if not better than Seasons 1-3. Such an entertaining show. That is all.


Breaking Bad rules. Yes, it's as good if not better than the previous seasons. In truth, I kinda miss Tuco though. He was a totally fun kinda scumbag.

Top
 Profile  
Cynical_Misanthropy
Sect of Sorrow

Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:24 am
Posts: 1927
Location: Bay Area, California
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:55 pm 
 

Finished season 4 of Breaking Bad last night. Holy shit, by far the best season, its gonna be interesting how things will play out in the next season. And now for the spoiler tags:
Spoiler: show
There's no way Jesse will ever trust Walt again after he finds out what he did. It's only a matter of time before he finds out and then it's essentially Jesse vs. Walt. Damn near perfect season, the only things that I found lacking were the inclusion of Walt's new daughter into the plot and the Gus death scene. When I saw Gus walk out I yelled WTF at the TV and then laughed when they showed the other half of his face. Pretty cheesy, they coulda done better. Anyways I can't wait for the next season (more stoked than ever) and I'm glad they're making the next one the last. I hate it when plots drag on and become way too ridiculous.
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/Unhallowed17

Top
 Profile  
Ravenlord266
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:18 pm
Posts: 1438
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:04 pm 
 

I_Am_Vengeance wrote:

Diamhea wrote:
Watching X Files all the way through. Almost done with season 2. So many memories growing up in the mid-90s watching this classic show.


I not so long ago started doing this from the very start, although I had never seen any episodes before. I'm about halfway through Season 9 now, the lack of Mulder is disturbing.


I bought and watched the full DVD collection a few months ago, great series. I didn´t really mind Mulder´s absence though and thought that Robert Patrick´s character was actually pretty good. The series conclusion was highly dissappointing though :( From memory, I think that season 6 or 7 was the least good for me, just a lot of uninteresting episodes that go nowhere or have shitty plots.
_________________
Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:11 pm
Posts: 1668
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:10 pm 
 

Ravenlord266 wrote:
I bought and watched the full DVD collection a few months ago, great series. I didn´t really mind Mulder´s absence though and thought that Robert Patrick´s character was actually pretty good. The series conclusion was highly dissappointing though :( From memory, I think that season 6 or 7 was the least good for me, just a lot of uninteresting episodes that go nowhere or have shitty plots.


Yeah Robert Patrick's character was great and even Reyes was pretty good, I just missed that Mulder charm. The ending honestly made me yell abuse at the TV. Worst series ending ever.
_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/I_am_Vengeance

Top
 Profile  
darkeningday
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:20 pm
Posts: 2006
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:09 pm 
 

Fresh Meat is like Peep Show for ponces.
_________________
The Zone takes care of its own.

Top
 Profile  
I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:11 pm
Posts: 1668
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:56 pm 
 

Last episode of Sons of Anarchy was epic, It's all building up to a great finale I think.

Spoiler: show
That Beatdown on Gemma was brutal
_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/I_am_Vengeance

Top
 Profile  
Dooders
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:00 am
Posts: 426
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:22 pm 
 

I_Am_Vengeance wrote:
Last episode of Sons of Anarchy was epic, It's all building up to a great finale I think.

Spoiler: show
That Beatdown on Gemma was brutal


The drama between the situation and characters is about as tense as it can get. Looking forward to shit hitting the fan here pretty soon. This seasons a huge step up from the last and the most intense overall. Going with what some people said earlier and hoping they make this the last season for the sake of the show.

Top
 Profile  
DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:17 pm
Posts: 3813
Location: New Zealand
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:45 pm 
 

So i still haven't got round to watching the last 2-3 episodes of Breaking Bad - even as a massive fan of the show. I got sidetracked with shit and didn't keep up. I'm also like 3 episodes behind on IASIP at the moment. I rememdied the BB sitch by downloading the episodes at work last night, but then promptly wen't and drank beer and partied listening to Riot at knobs to 11. I will download latest IASIPs tonight. I suppose there's a lot of you nerds around here looking forward to new GoT?
_________________
Razorwyre:
promo track track from 'Another Dimension' LP
"The best speed metal album of the year"

The Sick Room:Heavy Metal Radio, Reviews, Glorification, and Nudity

Top
 Profile  
DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:17 pm
Posts: 3813
Location: New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:36 pm 
 

Nek minnut:
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/m ... _breaking/
_________________
Razorwyre:
promo track track from 'Another Dimension' LP
"The best speed metal album of the year"

The Sick Room:Heavy Metal Radio, Reviews, Glorification, and Nudity

Top
 Profile  
RottingWays
Metalhead

Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 10:14 pm
Posts: 649
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:05 am 
 

DeathRiderDoom wrote:
So i still haven't got round to watching the last 2-3 episodes of Breaking Bad - even as a massive fan of the show. I got sidetracked with shit and didn't keep up. I'm also like 3 episodes behind on IASIP at the moment. I rememdied the BB sitch by downloading the episodes at work last night, but then promptly wen't and drank beer and partied listening to Riot at knobs to 11. I will download latest IASIPs tonight. I suppose there's a lot of you nerds around here looking forward to new GoT?

The newest season of Breaking Bad was kind of dull to me. It might have been because I watched the majority of the series in the matter of two or three weeks and just got burned out, but after about the fifth episode in the fourth season I just quit watching.
_________________
I hope you drown in a sea of goat urine. - Goatfangs

Top
 Profile  
hij
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:16 pm
Posts: 424
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:41 am 
 

That's a good one


Last edited by hij on Sun May 13, 2012 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5904
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:50 am 
 

Last The Walking Dead episode was NICE. I read a review that claimed the ending was predictable, but I honestly didn't see it coming.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:17 pm
Posts: 3813
Location: New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:56 pm 
 

Yeah i've heard it's good. I havent actually even started watching the second season yet. Will have to download the episodes when i'm next at work, i think. Make a start on it.
_________________
Razorwyre:
promo track track from 'Another Dimension' LP
"The best speed metal album of the year"

The Sick Room:Heavy Metal Radio, Reviews, Glorification, and Nudity

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8785
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:16 pm 
 

Yeah, got to watch the remaining of the season, i'm at episode 3 or something.
I was not expecting a good season from Chuck (the show was going downhill since a long time) and i was right, it's very boring, i think i'll watch all the season since i love to end what i start.
I've also started the 14th season of South Park and it's awesoooooome!
_________________
PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
JESUS CRUST, I didn't know this was the goddamn pizza inquisition.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9625
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:06 am 
 

The problem with the Walking Dead mid-season finale is that for it to work, it requires a whole bunch of plot holes and unbelievable shit, and that annoys me to no end. Also they dragged the Sophia angle for so long that I didn't care about her anymore, and
Spoiler: show
it was obvious she had turned walker at this point
.

I'll probably watch the other episodes in February, but I'm always kinda close to just dropping it...
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:46 pm
Posts: 4941
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:53 pm 
 

God,the big bang theory is so painfully unfunny. It puzzles me that so many people seem to enjoy it.
_________________
lord_ghengis about Vomitory splitting up wrote:
They were a band who understood music needed more explosions.

http://www.last.fm/user/TheEndTimeRiff
http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Top
 Profile  
DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:17 pm
Posts: 3813
Location: New Zealand
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:17 pm 
 

Agreed here. Meanwhile, my new place has cable so actually sitting down and watching "TV" for the first time in years. Fucking History Channel: Ancient Aliens, flick over to Discovery: One Man Army. What the fuck? Seriously? There are still good shows on those channels here and there, but the majority is pretty retarded. I actually like One Man Army - it's retarded and funny, but it has no place on that network.
_________________
Razorwyre:
promo track track from 'Another Dimension' LP
"The best speed metal album of the year"

The Sick Room:Heavy Metal Radio, Reviews, Glorification, and Nudity

Top
 Profile  
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:46 pm
Posts: 3575
Location: At the Heat of Winter
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:35 pm 
 

Ravenlord266 wrote:
I bought and watched the full DVD collection a few months ago, great series. I didn´t really mind Mulder´s absence though and thought that Robert Patrick´s character was actually pretty good. The series conclusion was highly dissappointing though :( From memory, I think that season 6 or 7 was the least good for me, just a lot of uninteresting episodes that go nowhere or have shitty plots.


7 is by far the worst.

I just re-watched 6 and it is actually very good. Coming off of their most successful season, moving to LA...the budgets were huge and they finished up a lot of the mytharc storylines that were getting too convoluted by taking huge risks and killing lots of tertiary characters in exciting ways. If the show ended after Season 6 I would have been content.
_________________
Passive-aggressive complainee wrote:
Communicating exclusively in gifs makes you the most annoying mod ever

http://www.myspace.com/thevala
http://www.last.fm/user/Diamhea

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9625
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:13 am 
 

Necroticism174 wrote:
God,the big bang theory is so painfully unfunny. It puzzles me that so many people seem to enjoy it.

I love TBBT, especially the earlier seasons.
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:00 pm
Posts: 4417
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:22 am 
 

Morrigan wrote:
The problem with the Walking Dead mid-season finale is that for it to work, it requires a whole bunch of plot holes and unbelievable shit, and that annoys me to no end. Also they dragged the Sophia angle for so long that I didn't care about her anymore, and
Spoiler: show
it was obvious she had turned walker at this point
.

I'll probably watch the other episodes in February, but I'm always kinda close to just dropping it...


Yeh, Walking Dead sucks. It's sucked since almost the very beginning, really. Acting is weak, some of the writing is just nonsense, drama's flaccid, characters are lame. I watched the whole first season constantly hoping it would somehow get better (sort of like reading a Neil Gaiman novel), but it never happened.

Then I decide to give the second season a chance, and what do I get?

Zombies sitting in church.

Yeah, screw you, Walking Dead.
_________________
Visual Art: The Illuminated Night
Drone: IA
Shop: House of the Black Wolf

Top
 Profile  
Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:46 pm
Posts: 4941
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:11 pm 
 

Morrigan wrote:
Necroticism174 wrote:
God,the big bang theory is so painfully unfunny. It puzzles me that so many people seem to enjoy it.

I love TBBT, especially the earlier seasons.

Would you mind elaborating on that? I genuinly don't see how someone could. There's really only 5 or 6 jokes in the entire series. Unfunny jokes at that. Plus the laugh track is way too loud.
_________________
lord_ghengis about Vomitory splitting up wrote:
They were a band who understood music needed more explosions.

http://www.last.fm/user/TheEndTimeRiff
http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9625
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:34 am 
 

I find the characters's awkward situations and interactions to be hilarious, especially whenever Sheldon is involved. His over-the-top neurotic and obsessive behaviour is just an endless source of amusement. I don't really know how to explain it, really... The laugh track doesn't bother me, I pretty much ignore it. But it should be noted that a lot of the jokes are running gags, which won't make a lot of sense unless you've more or less been following the continuity (e.g. Sheldon's obsession with the three door knocks, or Howard and Raj behaving like a married gay couple, Howard and his mom shouting at each others, Penny starting to make nerdy references on her own after being around the guys for so long, etc.).

One of my favourite gags (funnier if you're already familiar with Sheldon and his mom):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzHHZ5oXAr0
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
BaloroftheEvilEye
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:42 am
Posts: 1623
Location: Ireland
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:34 pm 
 

It's a guilty pleasure of mine, but some of the jokes are stupid. Probably the most infamous is the n64 emulator joke. Saying that you're playing a video game on an emulator isn't a joke or a particularly funny statement. I'm assuming the audience is cued to laugh at every nerd reference they don't understand.

Found it on youtube, but I can only find it without the laugh track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg4s2-zRAT4

Top
 Profile  
icecoldsoul
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:51 pm
Posts: 24
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:37 pm 
 

some of the shows i like are 1000 ways to die, urban legends(some of the stuff on there is downright crazy), south park, family guy, ed edd n eddy(those guys were my heroes when i was a kid and i still love them), and beavis and butthead

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 65  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Smoking_Gnu, Xlxlx and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group