WMAC Masters
Whatever syndicated programming WWE and WCW had in the late 90s
Bobby's World
Mister Rogers' Neighborhood
Beast Wars

niix
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:17 pm 

..Ahh Real Monsters? Ren & Stimpy.. even an adult themed Ren &..

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:46 am 

Man, I love how consistent Vikings has been in terms of quality. Two and a half seasons in and it's still kicking ass. The gods are pleased.

Fortitude's getting really weird and fucked up at this point, it's great. Definitely the sort of direction I was hoping for.

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:50 am 

Under_Starmere wrote:
Man, I love how consistent Vikings has been in terms of quality. Two and a half seasons in and it's still kicking ass. The gods are pleased.

Yeah this season is pretty bad ass. The show is pretty consistent. I love the way they incorporate the lore into the show. Good shit.

Like your reviews?

MetalPeas
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:45 am 

volutetheswarth wrote:
Kids these days can watch any cartoon at there fingertips on youtube, they don't have to worry their favourite cartoon has been cancelled or same episodes repeated ad nauseum or replaced with 1970's Spider Man, the only negative is the quality is usually not as good.

Well, if it's been replaced by Japanese 1970s Spiderman, that would be an interesting scheduling choice. He has a giant robot!

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:24 pm 

God can't wait. SYNERGY BITCHES!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:46 pm 

It's official: The X-Files is returning for a six-episode season/miniseries. Production begins this summer; Carter, Duchovny and Anderson are all back.

http://deadline.com/2015/03/x-files-ret ... 201397721/

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:26 pm 

I wonder what they'll do with it? As much as the main mytharc stuff was wrapped up well (then its dead horse was flogged and abused for a couple of seasons after that...), I still felt that the 2008 movie was decidedly un-X-Files. So at this point, I'm not sure whether I'd want a mini-season to revisit the old plotline again, or go for six monster-of-the-week episodes, or some mixture of the two.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:41 pm 

Well it won't be middle of the road thats for sure, this will either be incredibly awesome or go out in a giant ball of terrible television infamy. We'll see what happens though, fingers crossed!

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:58 pm 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
Well it won't be middle of the road thats for sure, this will either be incredibly awesome or go out in a giant ball of terrible television infamy. We'll see what happens though, fingers crossed!

I dunno; Chris Carter can be both hit AND miss simultaneously, often within the same exact episode. The '08 X-Files movie was almost completely terrible, though, saved only by Mark Snow's bone-chilling score and solid performances all around.

You guys ever watched Harsh Realm? Incredible show, even if it only lasted for half as long as Firefly and managed to leave even more loose ends (none of which will ever, ever be resolved).
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:17 pm 

I don't really consider the main mytharc stuff to be wrapped up. There's still the invasion. And as far as I'm concerned they didn't answer shit about how William came to be.

I don't see the point of doing MotW episodes if there's only going to be six episodes. Come up with a singular theme or plot thread to weave through all six episodes, then reach some sort of conclusion.

MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:24 am 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on a lukewarm rehash, though I hope for the better. Duchovny and Anderson are both great actors who have only improved from those days so hopefully Carter can bring something good to the table. Personally, I found the mytharc stuff really tiring after the first three or four seasons while the monster of the week episodes could be very interesting sometimes. Then again, they don't have to build on the old mytharc to create an interesting, six-episode arcing story. But as was pointed out, with six episodes, having a couple of this or that episodes with the rest being some arcing plot doesn't sound like a good idea.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:41 am 

Yeah I agree that it needs to have some sort of myth arc/cohesive story line bt I'm really hoping it's not aliens. I can't even describe how much I want it to have nothing to do with aliens. I'm hopeful that some good can come of this though. Honestly I think that if they had put more effort into severing the ties between Mulder/Scully and Dogett/whatever her name was the show could have been successful at continuing for a long time assuming they had good writing too. Law and Order manages to go for like 20 years without getting cancelled X Files totally could have if Carter would have done it right. But I guess we'll see what happens.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:50 pm 

I think the chances are pretty good they will go back to the alien/mytharc stuff. I haven't read any of them but they did a comic series following the last movie which re-introduces a lot of the alien stuff.

Either way, I'm excited see Duchovny and Anderson on screen together again. How well it turns out will all depend on whether Carter can put together some good scripts. Fingers crossed!

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:19 pm 

The last good X Files season was S6, and if they don't film in Vancouver...forget it :-P

That said, I hope they don't try too hard to cash in on the whole nostalgia angle, and too much adherence to some sort of mini-mytharc would probably be a poor move. I want better standalone episodes, which was what made the earliest seasons the most memorable.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:51 pm 

The difference is those early seasons were 24 episodes; this is 6. There's no room for standalone episodes.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:02 am 

I've been watching Fortitude (first 8 episodes) and I'm loving it. It's a pretty great psychological drama with lots of mystery that are slowly getting uncovered. The acting is also super great with Stanley Tucci being totally awesome. I don't know who's been watching it except for Azmodes but y'all should.

So far, what I got is: ( obviously don't click if you haven't been watching... )
Spoiler: show
So, people who touch or get in contact with the mammoth carcass found in the permafrost are getting infected with a sort of disease that make them feverish and then violent (they open the belly of their victims), what's up with that!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:26 am 

I'm watching it, just saw the latest episode tonight and it was one of the best so far. Glad you're enjoying it!

Also just watched the first episode of Empire. It was....somewhat wack.

DeathspellDelta
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:50 am 

Danger 5 is the shit. Especially the first season. It's some of the most inane comedy TV shows I've ever seen. Tops Trailer Park Boys in that aspect.

CoF
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:17 am 

Metantoine wrote:
I've been watching Fortitude (first 8 episodes) and I'm loving it. It's a pretty great psychological drama with lots of mystery that are slowly getting uncovered. The acting is also super great with Stanley Tucci being totally awesome. I don't know who's been watching it except for Azmodes but y'all should.

So far, what I got is: ( obviously don't click if you haven't been watching... )
So, people who touch or get in contact with the mammoth carcass found in the permafrost are getting infected with a sort of disease that make them feverish and then violent (they open the belly of their victims), what's up with that!

I'm watching too, I really like the combination Tucci/Dormer... in "100 Code", the other new show from Sky, the duo Monaghan/Nyqvist doesn't work half as good for me so far.

I somehow wished the "feeding" plot involving Shirley and Markus would have gone on longer and into a more extreme direction, but yeah, nice acts of violence here and there, haha.

FlynnEatsBreakfast
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:09 am 

Childhood TV shows?:

Bettleborgs
Street Sharks
Dinosaurs (the sitcom on ABC)
Bobby's World
Batman
Spider-man
The Pinky and the Brain
Histeria!
The Tick
Arthur
Dexter's Laboratory
Ed, Edd n Eddy
Gargoyles
Beast Wars

I've gotta be missing a few but the above ones are the ones I remember best. Street Sharks, Dinosaurs, Bettleborgs and Batman were my absolute favorites. I loved pretty much anything with dinosaurs or sharks as a kid.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:49 am 

Farscape Season 1 = 8
Farscape Season 2 = 7
Farscape Season 3 = 9
Farscape Season 4 = TBD

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:01 am 

Under_Starmere wrote:

While still enjoyable in parts, I find a drop in quality over the 2.5 seasons. I feel things are getting repetitive:
Floki and his annoyance with Ragnar. It's getting annoying seeing him make hissy fits over the christians and Ragnar's choices. Another would be, Rollo questioning his life goals and always being in the shadow of Ragnar. Apart from that, the conquest of Mercia wasn't as thrilling as the exploits in the other seasons.

Perhaps, I'm not just into it these days. I slept off mid-way while watching the last episode. I really hope things get better though (for me).

I'm enjoying Better Call Saul quite a bit. Probably the best show I'm watching this year, that is, until (hopefully) Silicon Valley starts. I'm optimistic that it'll trump S1.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:14 pm 

Earthcubed wrote:
The difference is those early seasons were 24 episodes; this is 6. There's no room for standalone episodes.

Sure there is, I mean, why not just make another mid-budget movie like I Want to Believe if it is all going to encompass the same story arc? Seems like a wasted opportunity. I'm hoping they throw in a couple of standalone episodes at least. They should know that there are many pining for that.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:44 pm 

I'm also hoping for a couple good monster of the week style episodes. According to Duchovny: "We’re gonna do both. I’m pretty sure it’s gonna begin and end with the mythology. But I really don’t know."

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/ ... b-i-agent/

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:38 pm 

Anyone hyped for Indian Game of Thrones? o_O

PrinceRhaegar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:36 am 

So I know that I've ranted before about Black Sails and why more people should watch it, but did anyone else catch dat finale? Because Hooooolllyyy shiiiiiiit :drool: best show on TV right now. Yes, there I said it. I don't know how I'll be able to wait until January for the next season to start.
Does anyone know if PetWussy sports a mullet? I just saw a Pakistanni-looking guy with a ... Heavy Metal Parking Lot mullet. I was tempted to kick him to the ground whilst shouting: "THE YEARS OF DECAY RULES, DICKHEAD!"

MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:01 am 

HellBlazer wrote:
Anyone hyped for Indian Game of Thrones? o_O

I'm definitely jacked up about their Bollywood renditions of The Bear and the Maiden Fair as well as The Rains of Castamere.

MetalPeas
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:02 am 

CorpseFister wrote:
I'm also hoping for a couple good monster of the week style episodes. According to Duchovny: "We’re gonna do both. I’m pretty sure it’s gonna begin and end with the mythology. But I really don’t know."

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/ ... b-i-agent/

It's best to take stuff from the cast, especially at this stage, with a grain of salt. It's not like he'll be involved in the writing and production process, and he wouldn't have seen a script or story outline at this point.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:50 pm 

Are there just not that many Walking Dead fans here on the board?

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:25 am 

Earthcubed wrote:

No Laurie Holden no care.

Last.fm

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:44 am 

Earthcubed wrote:

I'm a huge fan. Big fan of the comics as well. Then again, I haven't posted on these forums in quite awhile. :-P

Exkretor wrote:
The new Sadus sounds like fucking wrestling music.

Yahko
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:57 am 

Earthcubed wrote:

It was a satisfying season finale for sure - its like I watched the lost episode of the Sopranos. Phil Leotardo Inc. Vs Tony Soprano LTD - big guns are out and say hello to my little friend.

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:54 am 

Earthcubed wrote:
I think people were just waiting for someone to initiate the conversation.

Seriously?! Glen didn't kill Nicholas and Sasha didn't kill Gabriel?? (although I wanted a jammed bullet to kill them both), piss weak apart from Rick instant head-shot.. I wasn't overly impressed with the episode, it seemed to elude to a chaotic/brutal finale but fizzed out in an disappointing anti-climax apart from Pete killing what's-his-face and Rick killing Pete. And I couldn't give a shit about Morgan (too long a wait between episodes), he now knows the art of stick-fu? :lol: Oh and those 'Wolves' are sure a menacing lot.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:09 am 

Earthcubed wrote:

Im on probably five different forums and theres a thread just for Walking Dead on those. I think a seperate thread would be easier. Love the show and need to start reading the comic. Hopefully the show keeps up with the ratings, as its the highest rated show right now, as it could easily go for probably 13 or so seasons.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:34 am 

It was a good finale, but not as intense and gripping as the two or three eps before it.

Rick killing Pete was fun I guess, but I dunno, I wanted the Pete character to be more fleshed out so we could see more of his motivations. He was just too shallow of a "please hate me" caricature for the audience to cheer against with very little else. The whole ending action scene was a bit weak really. I don't mind Glenn and Sasha not killing Nicholas and Gabriel though - sets them up for more development next season, and Gabriel is actually really interesting after this episode. I want to see more of him. The episode up until the end was very good - lots of great scenes and build ups, with especially the Daryl and Aaron action scenes and the Morgan parts being awesome.

And really, Laurie Holden, Diamhea? :lol: I always thought her character was one of the worst on the show, though she did add something for sure as an actress at least.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:09 pm 

I've had a crush on her since I saw her on the X Files when I was 9 years old.

Last.fm

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:09 pm 

Heh, I had a crush on her when she was on the X-Files but she's pretty unappealing to me in TWD.

Been catching up on some teevee lately. Watched S5 of Archer ("Archer Vice"!) which was pretty good. I'm honestly impressed with how well that show has been able to stay funny for so long now. It's not quite as fresh as it once was but it does a good job of weaving in tons of self-referential shit into the standard formula.

I also finished out Californication. I never *loved* this show but it has been pretty consistent I guess. I'm honestly glad that
they finished out the series on a relatively light note. These days it seems almost more common to want to have shit get super dark right at the end. I honestly kind of expected Duchovny to kill himself or something. The actual way they ended it was far more fitting and pleasing, I thought.

Right now I'm working on that final season of Sons of Anarchy. That show has gone downhill pretty steeply since
Opie died
but it's still entertaining enough of a watch and has a few moments of real quality tossed in among the constant barrage of "omg what will go wrong next!" and by now hilariously expected and overused music video montage segments.

After that, I dunno, Louie? There's a lot of stuff on now or that will be on soon that I'll watch once their seasons end, like Vikings, Better Call Saul and the upcoming season of GoT. Actually, I might watch that one week to week since this season will have lots of stuff that hasn't been in the books yet and people love to thhhhspoil the shit out of that show.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:21 am 

That Better Call Saul episode...

:(

Goodbye Jimmy, hello Saul...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:37 pm 

The show is amazing so far. Loving the Jimmy and Chuck storyline, and even Hamlin intrigues me!

Well, I’m glad to see you for who you really are.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 182  Next