Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:09 pm 

Been watching this show "Disappeared" on Investigation Discovery channel. Great show. I really dig stories about people who disappear mysteriously.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:11 pm 

Can't stop watching Spartacus. I don't even think this season is as good as the others, but it's just so cheesily epic.
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:18 am 

John_Sunlight wrote:
Asking if someone likes the UK or US version of The Office is always a trap. It's not something you should be asking people, it just puts them on the spot and ruins relationships.

I have to agree. The shows have become so divergent anyway, not just in terms of content but especially in their respective styles, that you can't compare them anymore anyway. Arguably, though, the US version has returned to its roots a bit after the departure of Steve Carrell; Michael was a fun character, but ended up making the series too sentimental, whereas Ed Helms' Andy is cringe-worthy enough to bring back the uncomfortable awkwardness of the older episodes.

wreath_of_coils
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:00 pm 

Did anyone else think the Walking Dead/Comic Book Men combo on AMC kicked serious ass? Was not expecting too much from either of these shows but I have grown quite fond of both.

DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:57 am 

Diamhea wrote:
Been watching this show "Disappeared" on Investigation Discovery channel. Great show. I really dig stories about people who disappear mysteriously.

Yeah i dig this kinda stuff too. There's a cable crime channel i have over here and it's got neat ones, discovery has some legit crime stuff too. I recently watched a whole bunch of DVDs of Unsolved Mysteries - great show, and of course there's a ton of ones on mysterious disappearances.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:11 am 

Nahsil wrote:
Can't stop watching Spartacus. I don't even think this season is as good as the others, but it's just so cheesily epic.

Awesome finale. sucks that we have to wait nearly a year(I assume) for the next season. It had some good twists to it.

As for Walking Dead..Im going to start the comics soon.

mordecai2021
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:00 am 

I found the first season of Deadwood for $20 the other day so I snatched it up. I watched it when it first came out but watching it again was so damn awesome.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:10 am 

So, AT dates for April are out... 6 eps, exceeding last year's high of 5 in one month! Woohoo!

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:57 pm 

DeathRiderDoom wrote:
Yeah i dig this kinda stuff too. There's a cable crime channel i have over here and it's got neat ones, discovery has some legit crime stuff too. I recently watched a whole bunch of DVDs of Unsolved Mysteries - great show, and of course there's a ton of ones on mysterious disappearances.

Yeah I Love Unsolved Mysteries. Grew up watching that show. All episodes are up on Youtube. It is a real blast from the past. I consider that show a 90's classic along with The X-Files.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:48 pm 

So every episode of this season of South Park has pretty much fallen flat and had no memorable moments. I guess even the best shows become shitty and uninspired eventually.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:05 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:
So every episode of this season of South Park has pretty much fallen flat and had no memorable moments. I guess even the best shows become shitty and uninspired eventually.

That's not true, the one poking fun of all that lame planking shit was pretty good i thought. And i definitely laughed several times during last night's one. Here are some points regarding the Faith Hill episode i made on a South Park thread. No point typing out everything again:

I actually feel the opposite (regarding the Faith Hilling episode being the worst of the season thus far). I felt the TSA one felt tired, bland, and lacked any real direction or points to make, the 2nd ep was better, and that this one was hysterical. Don't get me wrong, i've always LOATHED "planking", "owling" and all that BS, but I enjoy how this episode made light of how retarded that shit is, in the classic cynical, sarcastic South Park satirical tone we've all come to know and love over the years with episodes like 'More Crap' or 'Douche & Turd'. I laughed out loud to myself several times, and i rarely do that, though i watch a shitload of decent comedy TV. I enjoyed it, and felt it as a bit of a return to form. The episode was really just poking fun at trends, memes and especially stuff like planking and how attached people get to it, even though it's trite and meaningless, and that's pretty much in line with my thoughts.

Yeah, i seriously didn't view the episode as an outright celebration of those posing memes. South Park's Matt & Trey i can always imagine would find such things retarded. South Park has been responsible for several memes over the years, like "Derp" but that's pretty much unintentional. Though there are certainly people out there in communities such as reddit, who will love the episode and view it as "OMG cats and planking cool" it's really a dig at the retarded nature of all that shit. Definitely not to be taken seriously. Enjoyed it!

I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:33 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:

Nah, you're a fuckhead.

Pretty much every episode I've enjoyed with a couple of weaker ones. This one was funny even though I didn't get a couple of references until I looked them up. The San Diego thing being the KONY dude and the bullying video actually being a parody of a youtube video about bullying.

Also the song at the end was awesome.

DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:39 pm 

Hahaha, Butters' grandma being an absolute cunt. I lol'd.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:44 pm 

Not backing up your opinion and immediately going for an insult, classy stuff Vengeance.
I thought the Faith Hilling episode was the worse out of all of them. It had like two jokes that they abused and hammered in for the whole episode, despite those jokes not even being funny in the first place. The Oh long Jonson thing on train tracks was just retarded. It was like they weren't even trying. The only thing that came close to being funny was the ''Meme expert'' making Butters put a gun in his mouth, but then they showed it like 6 times during the episode.

ralfikk123
Waffle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:13 pm 

I basically haven't watched television in over a year. With that being said, is The Walking Dead worth watching?

"Whenever you dream you're holding the key, it opens the door to let you be free." - RJD

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:14 pm 

If you enjoy boredome.

hey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:40 pm 

ralfikk123 wrote:
I basically haven't watched television in over a year. With that being said, is The Walking Dead worth watching?

I've only watched some of the first season, but there wasn't really anything about it that I found particularly appealing. I'm sure there's a ton of people that love the series, but I didn't personally care for it.

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:11 am 

There's a lot better shows out there than TWD.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:57 am 

I started watching Life's Too Short on HBO. LOVED the first episode, but I've found that the other ones aren't nearly as good as that first one.

The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
I touch ladies all the time.
Ladies can't get enough of my touchings

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:49 am 

ralfikk123 wrote:

I would watch a few episodes first and if you don't like it, you probably wont like the rest. At least half of season 2 felt like filler, since at least half of it
Spoiler: show
didnt even have zombies, it dealt with the characters

Expedience
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:42 am 

Can anyone recommend some trolling shows? Not like pranks on people hidden video shit but I prefer stuff like Trigger Happy TV, just doing strange but clever exhibitionism in real environments.

_MFMGW_
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:48 pm 

A friend and I just blitzkrieged our way through The Shield at his suggestion. Enjoyed it a lot.
My turn for latest show, so we're now going through Sons of Anarchy.

~Guest 285672
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:46 pm 

I really enjoyed shows like Flash Forward and Lost...
For those unaware, Flash Forward got cancelled at the end of the first season, especially when things were starting to be even more awesome.

Lost finished in it's 6th season. It's not so much that I cared about the story tremendously, but I really enjoyed the way it was told. Also, the music is godly, Michael Giaccino is amazing at movie compositions.

Anyone know any shows similar to those two?

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:49 am 

Just finished watching Cosmos (1980) for the first time. What an incredible show. Probably the best program I've ever seen, all things considered.

One thing I love about it is how unafraid it was to be openly, ideologically opposed to humans being fucking idiots. Somehow I imagine today's television climate to be way too PC to be that unambiguous about criticizing religion, nationalism, war, and the status quo. Could be wrong about that, and maybe I take certain degrees of that too much for granted at this point, but it's not often you see shows as committed to the uplift and evolution of man as Cosmos.

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:12 am 

hell yeh, Cosmos is the shit.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:08 pm 

New Girl is one of my new favourite shows. Yeah, I said it.

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:47 am 

I have to say that I don't hate New Girl as much as I expected to - the eponymous character is as awfully, painfully, gratingly annoying as I expected her to, but the other housemates (cannot bother to remember their names) are occasionally amusing. As far as sit-com housemates go, the interaction between the four - especially the banter - seems at least somewhat authentic; without saying that TV comedies should or do aim at verisimilitude, I've got to say that these guys remind me of my male friends more than many other similar characters. Still, speaking of US sit-coms about 20-something friends, I'd prefer re-runs of Scrubs over this any day.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:44 pm 

I just think it's a charming show with characters I actually give a shit about (unlike crap like Big Bang Theory) and a pretty different sense of humour.

Jophelerx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:33 pm 

Calusari wrote:
Still, speaking of US sit-coms about 20-something friends, I'd prefer re-runs of Scrubs over this any day.

QFT. Scrubs is all kinds of awesome. The only other comedies I watch on a regular basis are Black Adder and It's Always Sunny.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:06 pm 

So the House series finale was disappointing to say the least. After years of loving the series, it didn't cut it.
I could handle House dying in that fire just as he'd regained some semblance of hope, it was a poetic handling of the character. I could even handle the characters speaking at his funeral despite the whole things feeling rushed and giving little to no insight on how these characters truly felt. But having him come back at the end was just an insult.

Jophelerx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:18 pm 

I agree Necro. It felt like they built up too much only to have it end cheaply...

I thought the majority of the episode was very well done...having Kutner, Amber, Stacy, and Cameron was cool. I don't know if I would've been okay had they ended the series with him dead...but at the same time, the way they did it was just awful. House effectively wasted the rest of his life to have 5 months with Wilson? Wouldn't it just be better to have let himself die?

Meh...just a disappointing end to a great show. I can't say the episode was completely without merit, but for House...just meh.

I did like the song at the end though, for those who remember, House's hallucination of Amber sang it to him when she came back at the end of season 5...I thought it was a fitting song, at least.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:33 pm 

My buddy has this theory that he DID die in the fire, and Wilson was just hallucinating him at the end to not spend his last few months alone. I suppose that makes it better but they gave almost no indication of that being a possibility.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:15 am 

Mainstream TV isn't gutsy enough to have a downer ending, I guess.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:20 am 

Necroticism174 wrote:
Not backing up your opinion and immediately going for an insult, classy stuff Vengeance.

Don't visit Australia, you wouldn't enjoy it at all...

Douchebag. :D

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:24 pm 

No new adventure time episode this week. Guess I better kill myself.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:51 am 

There have been a couple since, guys, so I decided to keep on living. Don't worry everyone.

Clowndoe
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:31 pm 

I don't know a single person who has seen either Archer or The League (that TV show with Jon Lajoie) so I'm trying my luck here. Those are the only two things apart from sports that I can bare watching on T.V. So... Anyone?

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:56 pm 

I've seen Archer. It's ok, didn't think it was that funny. Has that voice actor who's in everything nowadays.

DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:24 pm 

I quite like Archer. It's definitely one of those shows you might not "get" at first, but it's a total grower and once you become immersed in it, it's way funnier. Fairly unique show. Great it's got Lucile from Arrested Development in it.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:11 pm 

I love Archer, and H Jon Benjamin is a boss. Also, the Arrested Development connections are awesome.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 182  Next