Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:10 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:
Btw, I disapprove of the comparisons to SeaQuest because while both are great shows, the are so for completely different reasons.

There was no comparison in the sense you probably assumed. Rest assured.

SHUTUPANDDIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:07 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
Only reason I'd watch Walking Dead is laurie holden. hot DAMN

I love the Walking Dead, myself. It's extremely refreshing to see a zombie series that isn't the same old recycled material from every other movie that's ever been made a bout them. A lot of people get hung up on the drama, bemoaning about it being "slow," etc....but I don't feel that way at all, and there's certainly no shortage of movies I can consult if I want stereotypical "GUTS GUTS GUTS" from zombies. Season 2 has been GREAT, imo.
Spoiler: show
I'm hoping that we get to Michonne, the prison, Axel, and maybe even the governer by the end of season 2, but I think we're only going to meet Michonne and her pet zombies at the season finale.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:14 pm 

I wouldn't mind the drama and character development if it were actually any good. But the characters in the TV series are all insufferable morons and I couldn't give two shits about them, so for now the series is just a big disappointment.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

americanholocaust
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:15 pm 

Am I the only person on here that watches Justified?

My Ebay Store

SHUTUPANDDIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:16 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
I wouldn't mind the drama and character development if it were actually any good. But the characters in the TV series are all insufferable morons and I couldn't give two shits about them, so for now the series is just a big disappointment.

Hmmm, I don't agree at all, but fair enough. The only thing that annoys me is that some of the actors are....not so good...at the southern accent. I understand that there's a few from the UK, etc, but I hate it when an actor's accent wavers throughout a show/movie. Personally, I like the character development - what are some things that you think would make the characters better, specifically?

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:33 pm 

Well, it would take too long to list, really.

Shane is an obnoxious, unstable, sociopathic asshole. And he's probably the best-written character, sadly... he often makes smart, if tough decisions, but he's way too unstable to trust. Too bad that he's such an insufferable asshole because he's the only character with any kind of depth.

Rick is kind of boring. "Always do the right thing" blah blah blah. I was pleasantly surprised when he shot the two douches, but very disappointed that he rescued Shane (though I saw it coming).

Andrea is a dumb, useless bitch who thinks she's tough without anything to back that up, and she constantly makes dumb and hypocritical decisions. Seriously, leaving a suicidal teenager alone? even if she went through a suicidal phase herself, she was a grown-up then and not a teen, and if someone asked her "would you let your sister kill herself", she's obviously freak out, but I guess it's okay so long as it's not her own sister.

Lori is probably worse. She flips flops between despair and "we must never lose hope!!1" according to what the plot demands, and her whole "stop doing a man's job and do some laundry with us" was just WTF. And the car crash, so very stupid. She's determined to hold that idiot ball, it seems.

Glenn was semi-cool at first, but now he's getting all emo and insecure and it's annoying.

Daryl is inconsistent. One minute he's sympathetic and helpful, the other minute he reverts to antisocial asshole for no real reason. I thought he was kind of interesting at first, but now I just don't care anymore.

And the rest aren't even worth mentioning. Bland as hell and completely useless, especially the token black guy. I don't care what happens to any of them. If they all got devoured by walkers, I won't be upset -- for most of them, I'll actually cheer (Andrea and Lori especially) . So there's really little to no suspense going on, and their character development is of zero interest whatsoever.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:47 pm 

Walking Dead sucks. Shameful waste of a potentially really awesome idea.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:06 pm 

It's the only show that some people watch exclusively because of how much they hate it. I know people who are super bitter about it, but keep watching it on the hopes that it will rise above the tepid suckitude.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:12 pm 

What idea? Zombies? Putting zombies in the format of a TV show isn't a huge creative leap.

Lots of people watch lots of shows they want to see trainwreak. What are you talking about?

SHUTUPANDDIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:14 pm 

Those who think it sucks - have you read the comics? Some seriously awesome stuff is coming up, if they stick to it. Do you guys at least appreciate the walkers themselves?

SHUTUPANDDIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:19 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
Well, it would take too long to list, really.

Shane is an obnoxious, unstable, sociopathic asshole. And he's probably the best-written character, sadly... he often makes smart, if tough decisions, but he's way too unstable to trust. Too bad that he's such an insufferable asshole because he's the only character with any kind of depth.

Rick is kind of boring. "Always do the right thing" blah blah blah. I was pleasantly surprised when he shot the two douches, but very disappointed that he rescued Shane (though I saw it coming).

Andrea is a dumb, useless bitch who thinks she's tough without anything to back that up, and she constantly makes dumb and hypocritical decisions. Seriously, leaving a suicidal teenager alone? even if she went through a suicidal phase herself, she was a grown-up then and not a teen, and if someone asked her "would you let your sister kill herself", she's obviously freak out, but I guess it's okay so long as it's not her own sister.

Lori is probably worse. She flips flops between despair and "we must never lose hope!!1" according to what the plot demands, and her whole "stop doing a man's job and do some laundry with us" was just WTF. And the car crash, so very stupid. She's determined to hold that idiot ball, it seems.

Glenn was semi-cool at first, but now he's getting all emo and insecure and it's annoying.

Daryl is inconsistent. One minute he's sympathetic and helpful, the other minute he reverts to antisocial asshole for no real reason. I thought he was kind of interesting at first, but now I just don't care anymore.

And the rest aren't even worth mentioning. Bland as hell and completely useless, especially the token black guy. I don't care what happens to any of them. If they all got devoured by walkers, I won't be upset -- for most of them, I'll actually cheer (Andrea and Lori especially) . So there's really little to no suspense going on, and their character development is of zero interest whatsoever.
Thanks for the input. Everything you've listed is totally what makes it interesting, imo. They're all like that for a reason, to set the stage for things to come. Dynamic characters that don't stick to one specific mode - and not to give anything away, but there will be some significant changes in so-called "boring" characters. Daryl - it's completely understandable why he is the way he is, the character is of a guy who came up from a disastrously neglectful and abusive upbringing, but he knows he needs other people to a degree to make the most of what life is now, even though his instincts that tend to take over from time to time say otherwise. Shane's an ass of gargantuan proportions, but I like his character. He makes things interesting by freaking out and doing dumb shit like releasing the walkers in the barn. I LOVED the bit with Sophie being in the barn, that episode was an excellent way to end before the break (speaking of which, the break sucked).

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:24 pm 

This is what really makes TV characters so unreal. Every little thing they do has a direct line of psycho-traumatic causation unless it's part of a billion 2 one gambit that serendipitously plays out every time.

SHUTUPANDDIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:29 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:
This is what really makes TV characters so unreal. Every little thing they do has a direct line of psycho-traumatic causation unless it's part of a billion 2 one gambit that serendipitously plays out every time.

Indeed, but if they made it "real" you'd get a tremendously boring show, particularly one with zombies in it, lol. Actually, when I think about it, there are a couple of characters that are very "real" (Lori, Shane, Rick, Andrea, etc...), so are you saying that this is a good or bad thing?

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:40 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:
Lots of people watch lots of shows they want to see trainwreak. What are you talking about?

Well, it's the only one that I personally know people who do it. I didn't know this was common practice. As a general rule, I don't watch shows I find super shitty.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:42 pm 

It's not necessarily about making characters as complex as real human beings, or making their presented behavior match real human beings, it's more about taking into account a broad range of materialist determinants derived from the setting and drama while also having the sense to know where to allow enough fuzziness and disconnect between these determinants and the character's behavior to bridge the credibility gap that an fantastic narrative with human characters creates...

I know I'm asking for it, but on this count, some of the best characterized shows are the stiff, 90's sci-fi I love: TNG, SeaQuest, Lexx, Space Precinct... A few more examples could be things like Adventure Time, Moral Orel, Kim Possible, maybe another cartoon, idk. (obviously other trek series, maybe babylon 5 too if I ever bother to watch it)

A counter example would be Daria. A great show, but fails to bridge the human credibility gap by virtue of being shackled to sitcom archetypes. Every sitcom suffers the same fate. Every modern action drama is also a counter example based on my original points.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:54 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:
What idea? Zombies? Putting zombies in the format of a TV show isn't a huge creative leap.

No, it's not. But it's the only show of its type, so far as I know, and they fucked it up.

SHUTUPANDDIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:56 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:
I know I'm asking for it, but on this count, some of the best characterized shows are the stiff, 90's sci-fi I love: TNG, SeaQuest, Lexx, Space Precinct... A few more examples could be things like Adventure Time, Moral Orel, Kim Possible, maybe another cartoon, idk. (obviously other trek series, maybe babylon 5 too if I ever bother to watch it)

A counter example would be Daria. A great show, but fails to bridge the human credibility gap by virtue of being shackled to sitcom archetypes. Every sitcom suffers the same fate. Every modern action drama is also a counter example based on my original points.

Those are some....wild examples.

SHUTUPANDDIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:57 pm 

Under_Starmere wrote:
John_Sunlight wrote:

No, it's not. But it's the only show of its type, so far as I know, and they fucked it up.

I'll ask you this time: how so? There are some things that anyone could nitpick about on there, but I'm curious as to what you personally think has fucked the show up.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:05 am 

Well you could reference all the points Morrigan mentioned. But, in a nutshell: Mediocre acting, tepid drama, some illogical writing elements, lack of all emotional connection with characters, implausibilities within the fiction's own reality.

SHUTUPANDDIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:14 am 

Thanks for your input, though I'm looking for some more specifics, if you don't mind:

Under_Starmere wrote:
Mediocre acting
At points, but very small ones, not enough to ruin anything for me. The damn accents, again, are the main thing I can think of.

Quote:
tepid drama
Hmmm...I wouldn't call it tepid. Examples include: the end of the CDC, Andrea having to shoot her own sister, Morgan trying to put down the walker that used to be his wife, Rick shooting bicycle girl, Carl getting shot, and Sophie being discovered in the barn. All pretty non-tepid moments, imo...and I would figure in most people's opinions. Particularly Morgan/his wife, Sophie/barn....I can't see those as tepid whatsoever.

Quote:
some illogical writing elements
Here, I will agree, but what examples would you put forth towards this? Certain unexplained scenes (ie the very first scene we see in the first episode where Rick shoots the little girl was never tied in correctly due to explanatory scenes being cut) are a tad frustrating, but there's a lot of "loose ends" that aren't loose, they just haven't been tied up yet for the viewers.

Quote:
lack of all emotional connection with characters
Um, again - how so? I can connect to all characters present, for the most part.

Quote:
implausibilities within the fiction's own reality.
Such as?

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:24 am 

I don't really care to analyze The Walking Dead in outline breakdown form, thank you. I haven't been taking running notes on a show that I don't like and that I stopped watching already. The simple fact is that it doesn't grip me in the least and that the experience of watching it leaves something (lots of things) to be desired.

It's just funny that for all the extreme plot events you listed, I can't recall ever having felt anything about any of the characters or once giving much of a fuck as to their well-being or fate.

Now that you make me remember it, though, the very first episode was pretty cool.

SHUTUPANDDIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:29 am 

Ah well, there's always Breaking Bad, Hell on Wheels, Dexter, etc...all damn good shows as well, imo. Though Dexter has left a bit to be desired in the last two seasons.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:38 am 

Breaking Bad we can agree on. Totally wonderful show.

Without good acting, pretty much anything falls apart. The main thing in The Walking Dead, all other problems aside, is that the actors simply don't carry the reality of the tale. Maybe the directors suck or something.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:41 am 

Breaking Bad is tremendous. That last season finale had me in awe.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:47 am 

The "good drama" parts you listed are either from early in S1 (some are from the pilot), or took forever to get there (Sophia in the barn -- yeah, it was a good idea but they dragged the Sophia angle for way, way too long so at the end I didn't care anymore). And honestly they aren't that interesting. The guy trying to shoot his wife... yeah, it's hard, we get it. The whole "oh no I have to shoot someone I cared about" angle is so ubiquitous in zombie fiction that it's really overused and there's almost no way to make it compelling, especially with characters that were just introduced.

There's a whole bunch of illogical plot elements in the show. The well zombie is one of the best examples. It made absolutely zero fucking sense, as if they could have saved the well... even if the zombie had been in there for all but 2 seconds, would anyone drink from what well? Sheesh. I think it was just an excuse to show some gore, really. Then you have guys like Dale etc. supposedly standing watch, but they don't see the zombies until there's a huge swarm of a hundred of 'em right on their ass. Then there was the Sophia thing, apparently Hershel didn't know about it even though he's portrayed as a complete control freak? And Otis is the only one who captures zombies? That seems unsafe and dumb, but then, if the characters didn't constantly carry the idiot ball, there would be no plot...

To be honest, I don't know why I'm still watching. I don't really like the show. The last few episodes were a bit better than those before the long break, but it's still disappointing and the characters still suck. Maybe I'm just hoping to finally see them all eaten alive. :nods:

Oh yeah, another thing that annoyed be about Otis and Sophia. Someone on another forum summed up the problems with the timeline better than I could: "Sophia runs off after the herd passes, gets lost and possibly spends the night in the pantry of the abandoned house Daryl finds. At some point she drops her doll in the stream. Carl is shot by Otis the day after Sophia goes missing. Otis dies that night. If Otis is the one who put her in the barn and she did spend the night in the house there's a very small window for her turning and being captured. " -- Not to mention, Otis has to find and capture Sophia, return her to the barn, then come back in the woods and shoot Carl. And he's not exactly a marathon champion...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

SHUTUPANDDIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:48 am 

I've loved Breaking Bad from the first episode. I hadn't seen it before, and about a year ago I injured my knee/broke my leg and had nothing to do but sit in a vicodin stupor for a couple of months, so I looked the first 2 seasons up online and was FLOORED. I'll be following next season closely, now that we know Walter White is a bit of a douchebag.

SHUTUPANDDIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:57 am 

Morrigan wrote:
The "good drama" parts you listed are either from early in S1 (some are from the pilot), or took forever to get there (Sophia in the barn -- yeah, it was a good idea but they dragged the Sophia angle for way, way too long so at the end I didn't care anymore). And honestly they aren't that interesting. The guy trying to shoot his wife... yeah, it's hard, we get it. The whole "oh no I have to shoot someone I cared about" angle is so ubiquitous in zombie fiction that it's really overused and there's almost no way to make it compelling, especially with characters that were just introduced.

There's a whole bunch of illogical plot elements in the show. The well zombie is one of the best examples. It made absolutely zero fucking sense, as if they could have saved the well... even if the zombie had been in there for all but 2 seconds, would anyone drink from what well? Sheesh. I think it was just an excuse to show some gore, really. Then you have guys like Dale etc. supposedly standing watch, but they don't see the zombies until there's a huge swarm of a hundred of 'em right on their ass. Then there was the Sophia thing, apparently Hershel didn't know about it even though he's portrayed as a complete control freak? And Otis is the only one who captures zombies? That seems unsafe and dumb, but then, if the characters didn't constantly carry the idiot ball, there would be no plot...

To be honest, I don't know why I'm still watching. I don't really like the show. The last few episodes were a bit better than those before the long break, but it's still disappointing and the characters still suck. Maybe I'm just hoping to finally see them all eaten alive. :nods:

Well, the end of the CDC was at the end of Season 1, and the shooting of Amy by Andrea was in like the 4th or 5th episode, so I don't know what you're talking about there, lol. The actors are what make it compelling...I believe that if you weren't moved by the guy that played Morgan in that first episode, then the problem is not with the show and moreso the viewer (no offense, of course), imo. The well walker - yeah, I agree with them even contemplating thinking that the water would be ok if they just removed him was asstarded in general. But the gore was nice, I won't lie...and I think they were trying to pacify some of the "WHERE'S THE GORE????!!!" types out there. You have to admit that it looked cool, at least! I like Dale's character....but if you recall the zombies seemed to be walking directly up the path of the wrecked cars/trucks...I could suspend disbelief enough to see someone not noticing from their vantage point. Not to mention that the herd seemed to go pretty fast (not DOTD remake fast, but definitely faster than the classics) and could descend on people pretty fast - immediately prior to their arrival, Dale is paying attention to Glenn and Shane.

If your wish is to see them all get eaten alive....all I can say is...uh...no one is safe. Season 3 is going to be amazing if they reach the points that I think they're going to, and with 16 episodes, there'll be plenty of good conflict.

~Guest 285672
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:44 am 

Any LOST fans?

SHUTUPANDDIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:52 am 

Markov wrote:
Any LOST fans?

I gave it a try on a couple of episodes somewhere in the middle of that program...it didn't really catch on with me.

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:57 pm 

TWD got really slow and meh in the second season. It was never amazing but it hit a steep melodramatic decline. Stopped watching.
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

bassistneededlolnot
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:06 pm 

I pretty much just watch the History Channel and Discovery Channel, and Adult Swim on the weekends. Most of what I see on TV has absolutely no emotional effect on me, anymore. I enjoy watching documentaries and stuff in the thriller/horror category. Walking Dead owns, btw.

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:28 pm 

I watch:

Bill Maher (for my political fix)
Community (for my comedic fix)
Boss
Breaking Bad
Boardwalk Empire
Homeland

(the rest for my awesome well-written drama fix)

of stuff that's currently airing, that is. My gf and I have been working our way through ST - Deep Space 9 for a while now, almost done with season 7, and then on to Voyager!
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:32 pm 

Good call on Boardwalk Empire. The season finale was inteeennsssee. I can't wait for it to come back.

SHUTUPANDDIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:41 pm 

Nahsil wrote:
TWD got really slow and meh in the second season. It was never amazing but it hit a steep melodramatic decline. Stopped watching.

Check out the last 3 episodes, it's picked up quite dramatically, no pun intended.

SHUTUPANDDIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:43 pm 

Nahsil wrote:
Community (for my comedic fix)

I LOVE this show, it's a crime that they tried to ditch it...for 30 Rock of all shows (I personally find 30 Rock to be beyond stupid). I believe it's been ok'd for one more season after they finish the rest of this season. We have the first season on dvd and are working on the next 2.

DystopianOfficial
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:01 pm 

Since I'm already way too late into this conversation to point out other comments, I'll just say my favorite TV shows right now -

Spongebob Squarepants - people may think it sucks or went downhill, I think at least the first 100 episodes are great. Of course, the best episodes were the early ones, but it's not easy to make tons of seasons of a show and keep top quality.

Metalocalypse - this is so obvious it goes without saying.

Beavis and Butthead - same as Metalocalypse.

Arrested Development - by far the best TV show ever made.

Malcolm in the Middle - I didn't think I was a big fan until I realized that I've seen every episode 8 times and they were all amazing.

Futurama - I think this one doesn't need any more to it, this show is just relentlessly hilarious, with the exception of a small drop in quality recently. But I think the best episode is "The Late Phillip J. Fry".

Curb Your Enthusiasm - just pure awesome. "I'm Larry David, and I like to wear women's panties".

Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job! - this show and it's creators seem to offend everyone who tries to view a product of theirs. If you don't like them, you may never like them, but "Meditation for Children with Pierre", "The Poop Tube", "Brules Rules", "Crackers and Snacks", and "The Universe" are some of the funniest things ever. My band doesn't go a single practice without multiple Tim and Eric references. We are DIE HARD Tim and Eric fans.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:03 pm 

I find Metalocalypse insanely shitty. But yeah, Spongebob rules.

SHUTUPANDDIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:04 am 

Ha, I love Metalocalypse as well! Got the first 3 seasons on dvd. Oh, American Horror Story was really good as well. I am very interested in how season two will turn out. They said a few of the same actors will be in this next season playing completely different roles.

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:14 am 

Well I just saw the first season of The Walking Dead, since season 2 isn't on DVD yet, I won't be able see how it changes for a while. But I definitely enjoyed it. It was basically just a 4.5 hour long zombie movie, with a LOT of elements ripped straight out of other zombie movies. I will say that it doesn't seem to be taking full advantage of it's format with the characters still running about from place to place like a usual zombie movie, one thing I've always enjoyed about zombie related things is about how people create methods of surviving and how they go about it day to day which is usually only at the start of the movies, this then typically gets fucked up when the protaginist shows up. I'd have liked to have seen the show expand on this earlier, more careful and admittedly less movie friendly aspect instead of rushing in and killing camp members before you've really met them, getting people fighting each other stupidly with no thought or care about their situation, and getting the group trying to travel and do things out of the norm just like how 90 minute movies need to do. The format of an episodic show should open up new avenues which just aren't used here. That's just how I've viewed it.

From what I can gather from season two it seems to be having the same sort of shallow character clashes that you get in schlocky movies to try and bring about the drama, instead of something a little bit more intelligent and thought out. I've thought a few characters already have missed chances to be developed well, probably Shane is the worst done by, he was in a very interesting situation, he was a likeable guy who had stuck his neck out to help out his friend's family, formed a strong bond, and then had it all challenged with the bittersweat arrival of said friend, really freaking nice set up for a character right? But then they had to make him bitter about the whole deal and top him off with attempted rape, total waste. Plus if him and Rick are best friends they are the worst friends ever, not even the slightest bit of amicability towards each other from day one, again a major shift from his caring and thoughtful image in the pilot and start of episode two. The other one who could be good would be Daryl, I like that he's a bit more no nonsense, and SOMETIMES he seems to open to more logical arguments than the usual jerkass character in zombie films, but he keeps reverting. I would love for them to do what The Grey did with their jerkass with him, but I from the sounds of it, he remains illogically volitile.

americanholocaust
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:31 am 

Nahsil wrote:
I watch:

Boardwalk Empire

Probably the best television show currently running, possibly since the Shield even...

Nahsil wrote:
I watch:

Bill Maher (for my political fix)

I don't see how anyone could take what he says to heart. He's a bully, and that pretty much sums him up. He's a dick that runs from group to group of people with ideologies that differs from his own, and basically tells them 'I'm smarter than you because I am an atheist democrat.' Fuck him.

...The build up has been so intense in Boardwalk Empire, and it's only two seasons in. It's got such a talented cast. And each character's back stories are so fucking perfectly thought out. I can't wait to see where they take it, and how historically accurate it is going to be... I wonder if they are going to show anything hinting at the five families, or if it is even going to go that far.

My Ebay Store

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 182  Next