Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
nestee8
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:27 pm 

It's recently been announced that Woodstock founder, Michael Lang is planning on making a third sequel to the iconic music festival, the other two being in 1994 and 1999. The 1999 Woodstock is notorious to having caused riots and rape. They've all had a wide roster of different bands.

What bands would you like to see play in this upcoming concert? Some bands I'd like to see play would include Metallica (again), Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Tool, Primus, Misfits, Eric Clapton, Hank Williams III, Wolfmother, Juno Reactor, The Prodigy, AC/DC, Van Halen, Steve Wilson, Deftones, Iron Maiden, Crobot, Graveyard, Ghost, etc.

Last edited by nestee8 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient_Mariner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:58 pm 

You will have Taylor Swift and Beber no doubt. Plus the Foo Fighters, since they suck. Trailer Trash Kid Rock will be a must. To keep the rape quota high they will bring back Limp Bizkit.

Opinionated_Metaller
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:58 pm 

So this is the American incarnation you're talking about, not the Polish one? You had me confused for a bit.

nestee8
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:50 pm 

Ancient_Mariner wrote:
You will have Taylor Swift and Beber no doubt. Plus the Foo Fighters, since they suck. Trailer Trash Kid Rock will be a must. To keep the rape quota high they will bring back Limp Bizkit.

Also, artists like One Direction, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Bruno Mars, LMFAO, Rihanna, Usher, Chris Brown, Nicki Minaj, Kanye West, Lil Wayne, Drake, Luke Bryan, Carrie Underwood, Nickelback, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Puddle of Mudd, Coldplay, 30 Seconds to Mars, OneRepublic, Owl City, Theory of a Deadman, Fall Out Boy, and Simple Plan. The DJs for Ravestock (after 1994) would be David Guetta, Deadmau5, Skrillex, Avicii, Tiesto, and Armin Van Buuren.

TripeOverload
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:35 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
THE FUCK, MAN. Disgusting. Woodstock was begging for definitive euthanasia in 1999.

volutetheswarth
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:07 am 

nestee8 wrote:
It's recently been announced that Woodstock founder, Michael Lang is planning on making a third sequel to the iconic music festival, the other two being in 1994 and 1999.
I may be entirely wrong but wasn't there a Woodstock in 1969?

IntenseHatred
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:35 am 

I grew up on the coattails of the 1969 Woodstock. I am still a big fan of the album. I believe all the other Woodstock's they did were a disgrace to the spirit of the original one. Limp Bizkit playing, fires, riots, rapes and 10 dollars for a bottle of water. The original Woodstock was about peace and bringing people together. All of these other Woodstocks lost that a long time ago. All just a money grab.

Expedience
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:47 am 

nestee8 wrote:
What bands would you like to see play in this upcoming concert? Some bands I'd like to see play would include Metallica (again), Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Tool, Primus, Misfits, Eric Clapton, Hank Williams III, Wolfmother, Juno Reactor, The Prodigy, AC/DC, Van Halen, Porcupine Tree, Deftones, Iron Maiden, Crobot, Graveyard, Ghost, etc.

Holy crap those are some old performers. As much as I like some of those bands, the original Woodstock was young people enjoying talented young performers. I don't know what those might be but they must be out there, and they shouldn't let bands from a bygone era steal the limelight.

TripeOverload
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:42 am 

Talented young performers that should include...?

nestee8
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:27 pm 

Expedience wrote:
nestee8 wrote:
What bands would you like to see play in this upcoming concert? Some bands I'd like to see play would include Metallica (again), Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Tool, Primus, Misfits, Eric Clapton, Hank Williams III, Wolfmother, Juno Reactor, The Prodigy, AC/DC, Van Halen, Porcupine Tree, Deftones, Iron Maiden, Crobot, Graveyard, Ghost, etc.

Holy crap those are some old performers. As much as I like some of those bands, the original Woodstock was young people enjoying talented young performers. I don't know what those might be but they must be out there, and they shouldn't let bands from a bygone era steal the limelight.

James Brown played at Woodstock 99 so that argument is invalid.

IntenseHatred
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:38 pm 

Quote:
Don't forget Willie Nelson, who is so old he remembers when a dimebag cost a dime.

nestee8
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:46 pm 

volutetheswarth wrote:
nestee8 wrote:
It's recently been announced that Woodstock founder, Michael Lang is planning on making a third sequel to the iconic music festival, the other two being in 1994 and 1999.
I may be entirely wrong but wasn't there a Woodstock in 1969?

I said sequels, I didn't count the original.

Expedience
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:54 pm 

nestee8 wrote:

Why? Woodstock 99 was crap, as others have said.

TripeOverload wrote:
Talented young performers that should include...?

Fucked if I know. I'm not 18 anymore. But they'll be out there. And they'll have new ideas which are to Iron Maiden what Jimi Hendrix was to the Beach Boys.

nestee8
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:48 pm 

Expedience wrote:
Fucked if I know. I'm not 18 anymore. But they'll be out there. And they'll have new ideas which are to Iron Maiden what Jimi Hendrix was to the Beach Boys.

Well I did mention that bands like Wolfmother, Graveyard, Crobot, Ghost, and Hank III should be in an they're fairly young. Daft Punk and Down would be pretty good additions as well.

Last edited by nestee8 on Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient_Mariner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:09 pm 

Those kids are into that Slipknot group right?

volutetheswarth
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:32 pm 

nestee8 wrote:
I said sequels, I didn't count the original.

Yeah well the original Woodstock is the only one worth discussing.

PvtNinjer
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:24 am 

Just mix up the band list from coachella, osheaga and that other one and there you go, Woodstock festival lineup. Expect lots of electronic pbrnb, jazzy hip hop and indie techno. Disclaimer: I love all that shit

nestee8
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:36 pm 

There could even be other bands/artists like Phish (basically a modern day Grateful Dead), Black Label Society, Mastodon, Rob Zombie, Stone Sour, Five Finger Death Punch, Trivium, Linkin Park, Rise Against, Shinedown, Porcupine Tree, Riverside, Eminem, Dr. Dre, Wu Tang Clan, Pearl Jam, Gorillaz, Guns n Roses (with their new reunion underway), Celldweller, Volbeat, and Trans Siberian Orchestra.

TheMizwaOfMuzzyTah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:00 pm 

GOAT from Sweden, definitely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bf25E64MhM

nestee8
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:21 pm 

Queens of the Stone age would also be nice, them or Eagles of Death Metal.

severzhavnost
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:09 pm 

If it's going to call itself Woodstock, it should hae to include artists who are in some way the inheritors of the ideals of the original festival. Damned if I know who that would be, as I myself would have zero interest in attending some hippie commune. But that is what it should be, for this generation, if it will use this name. Otherwise, just call it the Big-Ass Music Festival.

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:03 pm 

screw AC/DC put Airbourne in there

Yahko
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:20 pm 

I had been to Bonnaroo 3 times, and its as hippie as it gets as far as a music festival.

My Woodstock lineup would be

Headliners: Florence + the Machine, My Morning Jacket, Prince

Special Sets: Derek and the Dominos doing Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs, Paul Simon doing Graceland, Santana doing Santana. Basement Jaxx with live band,

Rest of the Linup: Animal Collective, Jamie XX, Fitz and the Tantrums, Raphael Saadiq, Cat Power, Toro Y Moi, Bombay Bicycle Club, Cayucas, Jamie N Commons, Janelle Monae, HAIM, Mazzy Star, Neko Case, Norah Jones, Pet Shop Boys, Madness, Duran Duran, D'Angelo with Vanguard, Sharon Van Etten, Flying Lotus, SBTRKT, Ray Lamontagne, .

Throw in a few more smaller bands that I cant think off - You got yourself a Woodstock.

nestee8
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 pm 

Yahko wrote:
I had been to Bonnaroo 3 times, and its as hippie as it gets as far as a music festival.

My Woodstock lineup would be

Headliners: Florence + the Machine, My Morning Jacket, Prince

Special Sets: Derek and the Dominos doing Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs, Paul Simon doing Graceland, Santana doing Santana. Basement Jaxx with live band,

Rest of the Linup: Animal Collective, Jamie XX, Fitz and the Tantrums, Raphael Saadiq, Cat Power, Toro Y Moi, Bombay Bicycle Club, Cayucas, Jamie N Commons, Janelle Monae, HAIM, Mazzy Star, Neko Case, Norah Jones, Pet Shop Boys, Madness, Duran Duran, D'Angelo with Vanguard, Sharon Van Etten, Flying Lotus, SBTRKT, Ray Lamontagne, .

Throw in a few more smaller bands that I cant think off - You got yourself a Woodstock.

While you're at it, throw Com Truise in the mix.

Reply to topic