Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Suffersystem
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:17 pm 

Gelal wrote:
Oh, I grabbed it just fine. Shizune's arc just covers a longer period of time than the rest, and I'd say that's fine, even if I wouldn't mind some routes being longer. But the writers decided what each story needed, and they did a good job, so I won't complain. Besides, the period of time covered by the route is completely unrelated to why I didn't like it as much. ;)

As for Rin, the route has enough mindfuckery as it is, IMHO. But I'll admit I've come to appreciate it a bit more since I've had some time to think about it. Shizune's bad end still seems out of place, though, and the fact that the focus of her route changes from Hisao and Shizune to Shizune and Misha just like that bothers me ever so slightly.

But yeah, Hanako. Absolutely awesome route when played straight to the good end, and the stuff of nightmares when played to the bad end. As is Lilly's, at least for me, the way it's designed to make you think you got a bad end, and then you hear the music box... I really liked it. Also, I'd like to note that a wuss wouldn't put his life in danger performing a Mad Dash of Love through the airport. :P

Oh, and in Shizune's route there is only one relevant decision point, whereas in Lilly's there are up to three. So that depends on what you mean by "a lot of stuff you do does not matter": in absolute terms, you're right. But in relative terms you aren't because there are more relevant choices in Lilly's route.

On an unrelated note, yes, that Genshiken special was really bad. Excuse me while I go take my eyes out of their sockets with a spoon.

this vn is fantastic. i beat Rin and Emi's but can someone help me get to Hanako's? she absolutly adorable but i kee getting to the scene with Kenji, falling off the roof and dying..
Also, that vocal recording pic confirmed what I suspected: SLK records shirtless in a sweaty caveman-like delirium. You can almost hear the man stink in the recordings.

RageW
Marisa's Harlot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:09 pm 

Suffersystem wrote:
this vn is fantastic. i beat Rin and Emi's but can someone help me get to Hanako's? she absolutly adorable but i kee getting to the scene with Kenji, falling off the roof and dying..

Spoiler: show
From what I can remember, I got it by introducing myself to the class, going to the library and not scaring her off, and not running after Emi at the racetrack.

Gelal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:38 am 

RageW wrote:
Suffersystem wrote:

From what I can remember, I got it by introducing myself to the class, going to the library and not scaring her off, and not running after Emi at the racetrack.

I think you need more than that, although it's a good start. The Emi-related choice only had the effect of NOT getting you into Emi's route. Getting into Hanako's after that depends on something else. I don't think introducing yourself has any effect other than getting you closer to Shizune's route, either.

To get Hanako, IIRC, you have to act the same way as to get Lilly, except for the last choice. Or in other words, it doesn't matter if you introduce yourself or whatever else you do, as long as you ask Dictatorgirl and Bubblegum for the library, apologize to Hanako for startling her at the library, and tell Kenji that you met a cute girl when he asks (theoretically, choosing just two of these should be enough, but go with all three just in case).

Then you must talk to Hanako, and defend Lilly in her fight with Shizune. With this, you get the scene where you go to town with Lilly and meet Rin on your way back. There's a choice there, you must choose to reply that you're in bad shape. After this, if out of the last three choices you have picked at least two that lead you towards either Hanako or Lilly, you will be offered the choice to go to town or to the library: the former gives you Lilly's route, the later gives you Hanako's. If you manage to do all that and at the same time avoid getting into any other route, you'll avert the Manly Picnic and all other routes, therefore reaching your goal of getting either HNNNNNGnako or Purity Sue.

Man, it's way easier to look at the flowchart than to explain it with words...

@Xeogred: Thanks for the info. Now I know what my new backlog will be when I've cleared my current one ;)

Suffersystem
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:07 am 

Just finished Hanako's and it was beautiful.
i still have Shizune's and Lilly's.
which one should i go for next?
Also, that vocal recording pic confirmed what I suspected: SLK records shirtless in a sweaty caveman-like delirium. You can almost hear the man stink in the recordings.

phibzy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:52 am 

Suffersystem wrote:

Depends. Personally I would leave the best till last (Lilly) and take Shizune's route first, however its up to your own personal preference.

Gelal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:49 am 

phibzy wrote:
Suffersystem wrote:

Depends. Personally I would leave the best till last (Lilly) and take Shizune's route first, however its up to your own personal preference.

phibzy speaks the truth. I wholeheartedly support his proposal.

On a related note, I suppose none of you have played any of the other two wacky experiments/visual novels/games that the KS guys have done? Namely, The Answer and pXt. I haven't yet (just discovered them recently, purely by chance), but it's on my to-do list.

phibzy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:55 am 

Gelal wrote:
On a related note, I suppose none of you have played any of the other two wacky experiments/visual novels/games that the KS guys have done? Namely, The Answer and pXt. I haven't yet (just discovered them recently, purely by chance), but it's on my to-do list.

I didn't know Four Leaf Studios did more than one game/visual novel, so I'll probably check that out some time too if I ever find the time.

RageW
Marisa's Harlot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:08 pm 

Oh shit you mean there's a flowchart for KS? I need to have this n.n

Gelal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:46 pm 

RageW wrote:
Oh shit you mean there's a flowchart for KS? I need to have this n.n

"A" flowchart, as in "one" flowchart? Wa-ha-ha~! My friend, pick your poison from this thread over at the KS boards: full flowchart, flowchart for act 1, and flowcharts for each individual route. Seven flowcharts to choose from.

Suffersystem
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:04 am 

phibzy wrote:
Gelal wrote:

I didn't know Four Leaf Studios did more than one game/visual novel, so I'll probably check that out some time too if I ever find the time.

just downloaded em out of curiosity..

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:56 pm 

Well I liked Gurren Lagann, The last fight there was some 'fuckin epic. Well animated, decent dub, lots and lots of explosions and yelling... yeah, fun times.

I was hoping for a bit of a happier ending for Simon though, too bad it didn't work out for him.

I was, however, stoked at the role Viral got later in the show, as he was one of my favorite characters.

last.fm

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:53 pm 

TheOldOne wrote:
Well I liked Gurren Lagann, The last fight there was some 'fuckin epic. Well animated, decent dub, lots and lots of explosions and yelling... yeah, fun times.

I was hoping for a bit of a happier ending for Simon though, too bad it didn't work out for him.

I was, however, stoked at the role Viral got later in the show, as he was one of my favorite characters.

I love how vast the scope of the series is, starting off in a dumpy underground hamlet and ending in the infinite reaches of space.

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:00 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
I love how vast the scope of the series is, starting off in a dumpy underground hamlet and ending in the infinite reaches of space.

Yeah, by the end it's practically a space-opera, a far cry from the first half of the show.

last.fm

TheAntagonist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:21 pm 

Anybody into Gungrave? Currently on disc 5 and i really am enjoying this. Gonna watch Wolf's Rain afterward.

Windir - Resurrection of the Wild

Suffersystem
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:28 pm 

Oh shit i just remembered that the K-On! movie came out in japan in December.
anyone know when itll be on the net?

i need my moefix T_T

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:53 pm 

TheAntagonist wrote:
Anybody into Gungrave? Currently on disc 5 and i really am enjoying this. Gonna watch Wolf's Rain afterward.

I haven't finished watching it, having only seen the first 3 episodes so far, but I've heard that it's probably the best video-game-to-anime transition out there, bar none. From what I've seen so far, I'm inclined to agree.

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:06 pm 

I plan to start on Gungrave tomorrow, as I too, have heard that it's exceptional.

Tonight however, I have something, else in mind.

last.fm

Dudemanguy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:49 pm 

Nice to see KS talk around here. I have recently completely everything and throughly enjoyed the VN. My favorite routes though were definitely Lilly's and Hanako's which had some epic tearjerker moments in them.

Young_Metalhead
Saanut kerran. Todistetusti.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:11 pm 

Suffersystem wrote:
Oh shit i just remembered that the K-On! movie came out in japan in December.
anyone know when itll be on the net?

i need my moefix T_T

It should be there already, if you mean illegaly :lol:
Watching Code Geass R2 after finishing Code Geass, pretty intense shit going on there, but at the end it kind of reminds me of Death Note.

EDIT: But with pretty cool robots...

bj_waters
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:00 am 

Young_Metalhead wrote:
Watching Code Geass R2 after finishing Code Geass, pretty intense shit going on there, but at the end it kind of reminds me of Death Note.
EDIT: But with pretty cool robots...

When I first started watching Code Geass, I instantly thought "Oh, this is going to be like Death Note meets Gundam. It has the mind-trickery and ambitious protagonist of Death Note with the robot battles and political intrigue of Gundam."

However, by the time I finished the series, I thought "Yup, that was definitely a mash-up of Death Note and Gundam. For better AND for worse." I dunno. I thought it was great through the first season, but by the time I finished the second season, it had some how turned into a mess. The biggest problem it has is that it relies on having constant plot twists which made it unnecessarily convoluted, IMO. The big issue is that I think some of that got into the second season of Gundam 00, which made me somewhat unhappy.

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:29 pm 

I started on Gungrave last night, five episodes in, and I'm really digging the mafia theme they've got going on.

Animation is quite good, the action scenes look great, and english dub is well done too.

last.fm

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:22 pm 

TheOldOne wrote:
I started on Gungrave last night, five episodes in, and I'm really digging the mafia theme they've got going on.

Animation is quite good, the action scenes look great, and english dub is well done too.

It's Studio Madhouse (Monster, Death Note, Hajime no Ippo, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust), what did you expect?

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:35 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
It's Studio Madhouse (Monster, Death Note, Hajime no Ippo, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust), what did you expect?

No shit? For whatever reason I didn't know it was a Madhouse production, silly me.

Actually, the show I plan on watching next is from Madhouse too, it's Shigurui, and boy, does it look gritty.

last.fm

RageW
Marisa's Harlot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:18 pm 

What do you guys think about K-On! ? I'm planning to watch it soon, but it does look cute as hell. However, I'm planning to watch the whole thing in a binge, so does anyone recommend it?

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:12 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
TheOldOne wrote:

How dare you not mention Rainbow and Kaiji for some new ones. ;)

Still gotta see Ippo myself, can't wait. I'm watching Slam Dunk right now though, heh.

Shigurui isn't bad, but I liked Texhnolyze a lot more (same director, Madhouse again, etc). Shigurui also doesn't cover much material from the manga I hear and it's painfully obvious while watching the series. It just ... ends, right when you think it's getting started. Typical of a lot of shows out there though I guess.

Suffersystem
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:09 pm 

RageW wrote:
What do you guys think about K-On! ? I'm planning to watch it soon, but it does look cute as hell. However, I'm planning to watch the whole thing in a binge, so does anyone recommend it?

yesyesyesyes

i think this pic should be enough to get you to watch it. :D

Suffersystem
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:15 pm 

i just watched & finished Toradora and reccomend it to fans of tsundere girls. just saying.

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:08 pm 

Final impressions upon finishing Gungrave: STAND ASIDE REVY BRANDON HEAT IS A MORE AWESOME HANDGUN WIELDER THAN YOU!

And of course, fuckin' Blood War, man, rarely do I see a villain that exudes so much badassery with so few drawbacks as that guy.

last.fm

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:19 pm 

TheOldOne wrote:
Final impressions upon finishing Gungrave: STAND ASIDE REVY BRANDON HEAT IS A MORE AWESOME HANDGUN WIELDER THAN YOU!

UNPOSSIBLE!

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:42 pm 

Oh Shigurui, why did I watch you? I really tried hard, you know, to like you, but I just couldn't.

Please forgive me Madhouse.

So, starting tonight I can start one of the following series:

1.Kino's Journey.

2.Black Butler.

3.Soul Eater.

4.Monster.

5.Angel Beats.

6.Scrapped Princess.

And number 7, Hellsing Ultimate OVA's 5 through 8.

Thought I'd try something new this time, so the first person to respond, if they feel so inclined, can choose which one I start. Cheers.

last.fm

SuperVeji4
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:17 am 

TheOldOne wrote:
Oh Shigurui, why did I watch you? I really tried hard, you know, to like you, but I just couldn't.

1.Kino's Journey.

2.Black Butler.

3.Soul Eater.

4.Monster.

5.Angel Beats.

6.Scrapped Princess.

Thought I'd try something new this time, so the first person to respond, if they feel so inclined, can choose which one I start. Cheers.

Monster. Never seen it but it sounds like a good show. My brother watched Soul Eater, and though he said its pretty good, he also said it has a disappointing, anti-climatic ending. But I demand you start with Monster!

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:22 am 

^Alright then. You sir, are the WINNER.

Monster it is, see you in 18 days or so Anime Thread.

last.fm

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:29 am 

Ryo Seaba > Brandon Heat / Revy and others combined.

Only him and Cobra are God level.

Suffersystem
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:27 am 

TheOldOne wrote:

1.Kino's Journey.

2.Black Butler.

3.Soul Eater.

4.Monster.

5.Angel Beats.

6.Scrapped Princess.

angel beats is realllly good

bj_waters
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:52 pm 

TheOldOne wrote:

1.Kino's Journey.

2.Black Butler.

3.Soul Eater.

4.Monster.

5.Angel Beats.

6.Scrapped Princess.

I would recommend Kino's Journey or Scrapped Princess, as different as they are. Kino's Journey, as mentioned before, is pretty psychological and worth a look. Scrapped Princess is more of a popcorn anime: generic fantasy story that rolls along at it's own pace. It's still very good, it's just not earth-shattering.

TheAntagonist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:40 pm 

TheOldOne wrote:

And of course, fuckin' Blood War, man, rarely do I see a villain that exudes so much badassery with so few drawbacks as that guy.

Yeah, i finished it this weekend. I have to say that i am thoroughly impressed. Definitely one of the best anime's i have seen. I rank it right alongside there with Vampire Hunter D, Ghost in the Shell, Ninja Scroll, Fist of the North Star, Outlaw Star and Golgo 13. The animation is top notch and story line is very intricate with great character development. Even a lot of supporting characters, like Blood War really helped to flesh out the story and became integral in the story's progression. Superb and highly recommended.

Windir - Resurrection of the Wild

MaggotofDeath666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:36 am 

I read more manga than watch anime, but the ones I liked were:
Desert punk
Any gundam series except g gundam, mobile fighter gundam, and gundam wing
Hell girl
Afro samurai And Afro samurai resurrection
Dragonball and dragonball z
Cowboy bebop
Gurren lagann
Basilisk
Samurai champloo
Speed grapher

Manga that I will read:
Naruto (its much more faster paced and darker)
Death note (I liked the anime too, the manga was just better in my opinion)
Detroit metal city
Bleach!
Claymore
Any gundam manga

Those are the ones I like, and would you guys know about a manga called bubblegum crisis? Saw it when I was a kid and have been looking for it for years.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:28 am 

SuperVeji4 wrote:
Monster. [...] it has a disappointing, anti-climatic ending.

Funny, I think exactly the same thing about Monster. That and the fact that it's about 70% filler episodes... yeah. Don't waste your time.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

~Guest 256486
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:29 am 

Is it weird that I don't care for most anime and yet I am a huge fan of both Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z?

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:40 am 

Morrigan wrote:
SuperVeji4 wrote:
Monster. [...] it has a disappointing, anti-climatic ending.

Funny, I think exactly the same thing about Monster. That and the fact that it's about 70% filler episodes... yeah. Don't waste your time.

Filler episodes are episodes that deviate from the original source material to waste time while not advancing the story.

Just because Richard Braun, Martin, Karl & Lotte, Schuwald, and the Vietnamese student aren't the main focal point of the story doesn't mean they didn't help to move the story along. Hell, Richard is probably one of the most important characters in the show, and he's only there for 4 episodes.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 61  Next