Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:57 am 

altered_vlad wrote:
this is just retarded... America, what the fuck???
http://gu.com/p/4vvdz/fb

Did you mean to post this in the FFA?

COMA VOID | GLOAMING | FAUSTIAN ORBS

Xenophon
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:54 am 

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the MA forums, though I've been using the site for a while. I'm also new to metal in general as I only got into it about a year ago. I mostly like death metal, but I listen to a little of everything. Besides metal, I also enjoy math, writing campy sci-fi stories, and reading inane webcomics.

I guess I'll see you all around the forums.

Panty Munch Secretion
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:02 am 

Hi guys! So glad to finally be joining the metal archives. I have been a fan of metal for a long time, since I was around 16. I got into the genre because I was browsing classic rock videos on youtube and I wanted to dig into whatever I could find. At the time I was listening to mostly The Doors, Genesis, and Pink Floyd. I stumbled into a channel that uploaded metal videos through looking through the subscriptions of some guy's youtube channel. That lead me to Slayyer000's channel (or whatever his name was), and another channel called hellheadbanger. Both are now deleted. I discovered some of my first favorite metal bands from those channels through their favorite videos and uploads. Stuff like Unbounded Terror, Frostmoon - tordenkrieg, Aspid - Extravasation, inquisition, etc. At the time I mostly found videos through youtube's related video search and I would create playlists of albums to listen to them. I remember when I first stumbled onto metal it was like I felt like I had unearthed something spectacular that was totally new to me. I didn't discover the metal-archives until about a year later. My interest in metal only grew from there.

Eventually after I felt like I had explored all that the underground of metal had to offer (save for a slew of dogshit underground trendy metal bands) I started to feel at a bit of a loss. That's when I decided I would start to explore other music. I don't listen to that much metal anymore, but it still seems like a genre to me that has the largest offering of material that I could have ever imagined. I tend to gravitate towards more harsh, cynical, unhappy music than anything, so stuff like Joy Division is cool. I like a few goth rock bands, and a few emo bands, a few industrial bands, a few post rock bands, a few shoegaze bands, a few slowcore bands, a few noise rock bands, and I have tried out more stuff that I never care to return to than I have in these genres than with metal. Out of the hundreds of metal albums I downloaded and ended up buying some years ago, I had most of them on constant rotation for years, as opposed to other genres I just get tired of and don't find anything interesting in.

So although metal may not currently be my genre of choice, that's mostly because I got tired of the same old albums on rotation all the time. I am a bit of an insatiable music explorer. I always have my hopes that the next album I unearth will be more interesting that whatever I was listening to before hand. I have been in love with this website for some years. Simply because of the fully realized layout, with discography, ratings, similar artists, photos, lyrics, etc. I was addicted to this site for a very very long time. I hope that the forum will be a satisfying experience for me too.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:37 am 

Welcome, Panty Munch Secretion. Also, goodbye, ban-evading troll. :)

Last.fm | Collection

CardsOfWar
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:09 am 

Hello fellow Metal Archivians. I've been lurking around here for quite some time, and I finally decided I should start contributing, whether it is constructive wiki edits or beautiful time wasting on the forum... So, the basics:

14 years old (But not a dickhead. I try to represent myself in such a way that you wouldn't know I was 14 unless you were told)
Male
Tabletop RPG fan.

Now for all 0 of you who care is a list of some of my favourite bands:
* Bathory
* Dissection
* Behemoth
* Emperor
* Amon Amarth
* Communic
* Marduk
* Blind Guardian
* Ensiferum
* Primordial
* Incursus
* Manilla Road
* Sabaton
* Hammerfall (First got me into metal)
* Inferi
* Belphegor
* Dragonland
* StormWarrior
* Origin
* Satyricon (New and old. *gasp*)

Quite a few others as well, but I can't be bothered writing more of this useless post now. Recommendations based on the aforementioned bands are much appreciated!

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:07 am 

Fellow (young!!) Aussie eh? Welcome to the archives.

Bathory and Primordial in that list I see. Certainly not a bad start at all :metal:

My collection

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:30 am 

Welcome to CardsOfWar :beer:

http://www.myspace.com/thevala
http://www.last.fm/user/Diamhea

Lilium Wolcott
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:03 pm 

Hi! I'm Lilium Wolcott! I like black metal and kittens!

DCCLXXVII
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:04 pm 

If you like black metal and kittens, then this is the song for you

Spoiler: show

Welcome!
and the veil was rent
come brother partake
in the sacred remembrance

Thrashed23
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:53 am 

Metalheads! Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Thrashed. This is actually my second post, ive realized the error of my ways, not making this thread my first post. Im not a stranger to MA ive been browsing for quite some time, I should have known better, im not asking for forgiveness, ill take any bashing or flaming like a man.
Im from the USA, im 23 years old. Thrash is by far my favorite genre. Razor, Coroner, Toxik, Evildead, Sodom, Megadeth, Vio-Lence, Faith or Fear, Whiplash etc. I do enjoy metal in all its forms but Like I said Thrash is my favorite.

Blackwatershed
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:05 am 

Hi everybody ... my name is Lupe, I'm from Peru.. I'm 24. I listen to metal since 2007 (not too many years! ) I'm a big music lover, so metal is not the only genre I like, I also love classical music, rock (specially prog rock), grunge, jazz, ethnic music, etc... Of course the are stuff I don't like xd
My favorite metal bands are: Opeth, Annihilator, Diablo swing orchestra, Orphaned Land, be'lakor, bloodbath, etc
My favorite no-metal bands: Camel, King Crimson, Jethro tull, Dead can dance, pink floyd, Triana, El Polen (it's a 70's fusion rock band from Peru), Steven Wilson, etc
I studied film direction , but I haven't made any movie yet! (just short films), I do photography ( I love take concert pics!, nature and portrait ), I love nature, animal, travels, writing, reading, etc

I studied film direction , but I haven't made any movie yet! (just shortfilms), I do photogrphy ( I love to take concert pics!, nature and portairs ), I love nature, animal, travels, writing, reading, etc

I used to play the drums, but I let it since I felt in love with the winds! now I'm learning flute and other wind instruments...

MDL666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:32 pm 

Hey guys!
I'm MDL666, writting from Portugal, so, my english sometimes is not very good!
The band that brought me into metal, definitly was Acrassicauda, from Iraq. I've been searching information about some bands in Metal Archives since the last year, but today, i decided to make an account.
Well, besides metal, i like animals (vegetarian), TV shows, some cartoons, read creepypastas and search about the supernatural and other mysteries around the world.
I like to play drums and bass too. However, i only play in a bass that is in a local shop, i have no intentions to buy it.

I think that's all. Cya folks!

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:31 pm 

Salival brayings to Thrashed23, Blackwatershed, and MDL666!

Spoiler: show

http://www.myspace.com/thevala
http://www.last.fm/user/Diamhea

_Jace_
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:14 am 

Hi Guys, im 17 years old and live in Germany.
I have been listening for Metal about ~10 years, my first favorite song ever was Slipknot's Duality and they were my favorite Band until 2008 (i didn't really like AHIG, and sometime i stopped caring. I still like a few songs but now i even find them a tad embarrassing). At the age of 8 or 9 i got into Children Of Bodom, Avenged Sevenfold and Metallica, i still like COB very much, i rarely listen to A7X and Metallica's ok now, but i'm not too crazy about them anymore. Then in 2010 i lost interest in Metal, i always listened to a bit of Metal at least but it wasn't until 2013, that my playlists mostly contained of Metal. I got into Dimmu Borgir somewhere in late 2010 and bought In Sorte Diaboli immediately, i read online about Black Metal and so i knew the history but i couldn't get into Black Metal at all. I found Burzum's War and Mayhem's Deathcrush funny, but i always thought how could you listen to such stuff. In 2012 i started liking Burzum and in 2013 Immortal. Now i am really into Mayhem and Bathory since a few months, so you could say it took me almost 4 years to get into Black Metal. Since i didn't really listen to Metal anymore i wore 'normal' clothes again and i grew out of most of my band shirts. Now i've recently bought a Bathory Goat shirt and a Mayhem Logo shirt, since i'm getting back into Metal i really want to get the metal look again and i am also growing my hair out again at the moment (the longest i had was to my chin at 10 or 11 i guess). I'm also working on a battle vest at the moment and i will show it in the battle vest threads as soon as i have sewn my new patches on.
Oh yeah and i've been playing the drums for 9 years, 6 of them with lessons and now starting to have lessons again. I also play piano but it isn't as near as much fun as playing drums.
So yeah, there you go, glad if you read all of it, and i'm hoping for a good time here. Cheers!

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 131, 132, 133, 134, 135