_Eerie
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:44 am 

I only wanted to say Hello xD

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:42 pm 

Greetings and welcome, newcomers!

Familiarize yourself with the rules, and be sure to visit Recommendation Central.

Happy Hunting!

AdGloriamLeviathan
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:30 am 

Hi everyone! I'm Felipe, 25yo, and I'm from Chile, in the south of the world! I've been years visiting MA, but i've never tried to get into the forum, well, I guess is because I read in english faster than I write in english and sometimes my grammar isn't good enough hahahaha...
I listen mainly metal, but I enjoy a little bit of everything, from the nightmarish ambient to happy dream pop, passing by classical and electronics, I'm kinda dispersed musically speaking hahahaha and always appreciate if someone recommends me something nice to hear...

MeTaLpUnK95
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:08 pm 

Alright I'm keep this short as I can, name's William, you guys 'n galls can call me Will, Bill, Willy, Billy whatever.
I listen to metal, punk, grind and pretty much everything in between...no deathcore!!! jk I actually listen to just a tiny bit of it but nothing mainstream of the genre though.
Favorite metal genre is thrash, favorite punk genre is crust and favorite grind genre is deathgrind.
Lastly, LOVE beer i do drugs sometimes...(weed 'n cigs only) anything else about me, just ask isn't hard at all I'm an open-minded person.
By the way I'm currently attending trade school for being an automotive technician(a year left).

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:09 pm 

Welcome Will, Willy, Billy, Bill...anything but late for dinner, eh? lol

From what area of the great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania are you located?

Like your reviews?

MeTaLpUnK95
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:01 pm 

ahaha nice one mjollnir, but to answer your question Northeast Philadelphia.

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:14 pm 

MeTaLpUnK95 wrote:

Ahhh....up near the old prison, eh? I'm originally from Baltimore but now I'm in southwest PA now in the mountains. Somerset County where it's praise the lord and pass the ammunition. lol

Like your reviews?

MeTaLpUnK95
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:43 pm 

mjollnir wrote:
MeTaLpUnK95 wrote:

Ahhh....up near the old prison, eh? I'm originally from Baltimore but now I'm in southwest PA now in the mountains. Somerset County where it's praise the lord and pass the ammunition. lol

Baltimore huh? You live near the mountains in PA that's cool. Also yeah near the good old prison...plan on moving though once I finish school people burning houses where I'm at and if someone burns my down after coming home from whatever then idk might see some missing posters and lol guess that gets annoying with the praise the lord and shot, you know after awhile.

gerandumconnor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:07 pm 

Hello, I'm Torg from the frozen south lands of Antarctica
I'm really excited to be a part of this wonderful community

Head banging saves the Ice caps!

Farewell!

leatherlyon
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:39 pm 

Sup metal soldiers!!! \m/

HUGE metal fan and I'm lovin this site! Awesome community, can't believe how many bands I found here... bout time I signed up! ;) I'm all about the 80s trad/glam scene and it's just incredible seein people who love it as much as I do!

Bear R
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:18 pm 

Hi..New guy here..just found this forum and would love to join in the madness..Love Metal esp. the 80's stuff..ha,ha..but i love it all..!!.thanks and hope you'll have me and God Bless..Barry.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:20 pm 

Bear R wrote:
Hi..New guy here..just found this forum and would love to join in the madness..Love Metal esp. the 80's stuff..ha,ha..but i love it all..!!.thanks and hope you'll have me and God Bless..Barry.

Hello fellow bear, don't be afraid to contact me (Papa Bear) if you have any questions about how the forest works.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

gerandumconnor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:52 am 

Bear R wrote:

Shut up Neeeeeerd XD

just kidding, Such a great community, right?

Herbstwald
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:28 am 

Hey Metalheads! Im 26, a huge Metal fan since my youth and I´m from Austria. Read the Metal Archives since a long time and decided to register recently.
I would also love to meet other Metal enthusiasts. If you´re from Austria or neighbouring countries (or visit) and would like to meetup and go to shows together, feel free to hit me up! See you

Heavy Benny
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:43 pm 

Hail!

I'll make my presentation sorta mirroring Methuen's.

So, once again, hello everyone.

I'm Benny, a portuguese student with a crush on Metal ever since I first listened to it as a kid.

I'm almost ashamed by the number of times I've browsed through the archives searching for info on bands, albums and labels. Why? Because I never gave anything back and I'm hoping to fix that soon.

Lately I've been listening to a bunch of different stuff from a wide spectrum of steel and according to my playlists it goes by; Solstice, Revocation, Arcane, Sylosis, Black Crown Initiate, Bloodshot Dawn, Amon Amarth, Exmortus, Meshuggah, Secrets of the Sky, Suidakra, heaven Shall Burn, Mechina, Rivers of Nihill, Obituary and Black Breath

My first live show was Metallica, my latest has been Amon Amarth, upcoming is Vagos Open Air 2015, Casainhos Metal Fest 2015, and Gojira.

Lets see if I can find some more "tugas", that would be cool!

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:44 pm 

Greetings to Heavy Benny and Herbstwald!

:headbang:
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

young_earth_creationist
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:03 am 

greetings to everybody at metal archives! I am interested in death metal. As a bit of an artist actually like metal artwork more than the music.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:38 am 

If your handle is ironic, you'll fit in well here, but given your post in the gay marriage thread...
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

narsbabe
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:59 am 

Well, You gotta start somewhere I suppose.

*waves*

Hi! I'm a female hailing from Bangalore, India. I love Thrash, Atmospheric Doom, Progressive, Folk and Black Metal. Open to recommendations. I play the violin so would love to get recommendations on similar bands like My Dying Bride.

P.S: I think this is my spirit song:

Takatalvi_
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:10 pm 

Hello, I used to be kinda active on here under a different username, but that was almost two years ago now.. Re-joined cause the old handle doesn't fit me anymore (which is kinda sad, cause it was my name everywhere on the internet for about 15 years). Looking forward to re-getting to know people and making new friends. If I stick around - I have a bad habit of disappearing from forums for long periods..

Anyway, I'm a bit of a latecomer to metal - even though I started listening to Nightwish in 2003, I didn't really get into metal till 2011. Started off with power metal, folk metal and the female-fronted gothic/symphonic stuff, but these days I dig melodic death/doom and atmospheric black metal a lot more. Last week I fell in love with a spacey atmospheric BM band called Mesarthim and since then I've been stalking the atmospheric BM channels on youtube looking for similar stuff, haha. I still love a good folk metal show, though - my next show is Maryland Folk Fest in Baltimore, woohoo!

And since this is the general discussion area, I think I won't get booted for saying I enjoy harsh industrial and darkwave as well :)

Ball Cupper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:11 am 

Greetings.

9639WI
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:52 pm 

Hi
I'm kinda new
And Grave Digger for life!
Also, a 60000 character limit?

Mr_Irregular
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:27 pm 

Well,
Hello. I am Seamus.
I am young, but screw me sideways, I am a metalhead, and proud of it.
I'm a drummer that mostly plays hard rock, thrash and industrial, but I am still delving into my own abilities.
I love power metal, industrial metal, the original hard rock groups as well as any and all from the NWoBHM, Black Metal, Folk, Symphonic and some Gothic.
To prove how metal I truly am, I will be performing Slayer's 'Raining Blood' in front of a Lutheran school while wearing corpse paint. I'm gonna get suspended, but Hell, It'll be worth it.

StingyArachnid
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:18 pm 

Oyo! Bear with me because introductions tend to be awkward! This seems like a "friendly" forum so I'll attempt to participate in it. I've been a Metal fan for seven or so years(I'm not very old). Currently I'm mostly a listener of Black, Death, Sludge and Doom Metal; including any combination of the four and a few "rock" sub-genres. Feel free to throw torches-I mean questions-related to me/my taste at me!

Fishlover
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:46 pm 

So..... I made an account like last year but never really posted much. Introducing myself right now. I love metal for 3 years (so far). Sorry my english is not very good.

Also....
I am not very good at arguments and am very sensitive at times, I can respect opinions but the moment I get flamed I leave.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:47 am 

what fish you love? you mean you eat a lot of them or you have a lot of fish pets?

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

skibolky
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:20 pm 

Hello satanists! lol jk I've been coming to this site for over 10 years and and used to post way back when but forgot my username and password. I'm not a satanist myself but am okay with it. I enjoy the occasional black metal song. The likes of windir, skeletonwitch, and 1349. actually 1184 by windir is probably in my top 50 albums of all time list, but i digress. I'm more into bands like After the Burial, Protest the Hero, Periphery, Veil of Maya, Unearth, Killswitch Engage, Within the Ruins. You get the idea. I like craft beer, american spirits (light green of course), cats, and I try to write music but am not very good at it but am getting better. (see critique appreciated for my original guitar pro files in the musicians sub forum if you're interested.)

bumlock
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:35 am 

Not much to say, I am old. Started listening to metal back in the 70's and haven't stopped yet. I was a roadie/tour manager for some thrash bands in the late 80's and early 90's. I listen to pretty much all music, except radio pop top 40. Really like the black and death metal the most.

Oh and because of this place I am going to have to get a second job! I keep finding too many great suggestions here and I am running out of money! The wife is going to sell my Harley if I keep buying music.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:05 am 

bumlock wrote:
Not much to say, I am old. Started listening to metal back in the 70's and haven't stopped yet. I was a roadie/tour manager for some thrash bands in the late 80's and early 90's. I listen to pretty much all music, except radio pop top 40. Really like the black and death metal the most.

Oh and because of this place I am going to have to get a second job! I keep finding too many great suggestions here and I am running out of money! The wife is going to sell my Harley if I keep buying music.

Welcome man, you sound like you have a lot of interesting stories to tell! My dad has an Harley as well, it's pretty cool, try to keep it haha.

You should check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=107311

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:11 pm 

bumlock wrote:

Howdy old person. I'll be 50 in a little over two months so it's good to see a fellow old person on here. :headbang:

Like your reviews?

altec
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:57 am 

Helo people,

been reading reviews here for years now...using the info...thought is time to join the club and maybe contribute.
bought many cd's based on reviews here.
Yes im a cd buyer. my surrounding think im stupid but i feel its the best way to support bands...fact that im supporting record compagnies...well...its part of the game i guess.

im a metal music lover from my first encounter...uncle who lend me his black sabbath album...i was already into Queen..but this was so dark...i remember listening to it in my room when it was dark and should be sleeping...the atmosphere i felt than...i still crave for it.
And my taste got more and more extreme...iron maiden, slayer...untill i got a cassette tape from an older guy with bathory on it...i was about 12...loved it...bought it.

after a while i got a bit tired of metal and went alternative...smashing pumpkins and stuff...even extreme techno like aphex twin and alec empire.
so because of this i missed the rise of the second wave of black metal...wich i regret because good pure and honest black metal is for me the most beautifull music in the world.

so im catching up....fav bands are darkthrone, akercocke, trelldom, impaled nazarene, enochian crescent, arckanum, weakling.

further more a vintage audio freak...tube amps and stuff...made by me and friends ( mostly friends)
Also a nutter when it comes to knives and steel

male nurse, sociotherapist in psychiatry and addiction, father and survivalist

well...thats it...if this post doenst belong in this topic...please let the mods remove it

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:22 pm 

altec wrote:
survivalist

What's a survivalist? Am I a survivalist too, since I've managed to survive this far?
Welcomes to the board!

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:26 pm 

To all the newcomers apologizing for their lack of skills in the English language: don't!
Here you will be judged by the things you say, not how you say them. And if someone picks on your English, let me deal with them!
Welcome!

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:09 pm 

Opus wrote:
What's a survivalist? Am I a survivalist too, since I've managed to survive this far?
Welcomes to the board!

Survivalists are people who read knife catalogs while they take their morning shits and who spend most of their disposable income on massive stores of military rations for when "the shit hits the fan." They're totally ready for the coming of the lizardmen.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Alan Ketzer
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:39 am 

Well Hello to everyone !

My name is Alan, from the ass of the word :P

altec
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:19 am 

im a survivalist in the sence that it is my goal to learn how to survive by living of the land with no support from society.
indeed i buy knives, rope, axes, and learn about plants and hunting.

this whole survival thing makes more sense to me than the way we survive while participating in this society.

Metal speaks out loud what is can feel inside

thanks for the welcome

Kerrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:12 pm 

Hello everyone. I've been using/referencing this site for years and finally decided to become a member here. I'm a mechanical engineer from Santa Cruz, California. Some of my favorite/most-listened-to bands are:

Iron Maiden
My Silent Wake
Virgin Black
Weakling
Alcest
Becoming The Archetype
Vials Of Wrath

And for non-metal, I love:
Wovenhand
16 Horsepower
Musk Ox

Bramwell
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:49 am 

How are ya's. Bramwell here. Just Noob'n around. How do I get lists going?
Here's a few bands I've been involved in or had mates that I've played with have been in that I dig..
Scale
Cemetary Urn
Steel Affliction
Earth
The Bezerker
Abramalin
Akercocke
Beligerant Intent
Shit loads of other great stuff..
\m/>_<\m/

Ball Cupper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:08 pm 

Greetings.

Gintoki
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:43 am 

Hi all,

I'm Toni, 30 years old and I've been a lurker for some years now but that's hopefully change from now on, depending how much time I can sacrifice. My favourite genre is power metal, but I also like the classic 80s NWOBHM and progressive metal if it's not too "progressive".

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142 ... 156  Next