Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:53 pm 

ksevile wrote:
Ron Artest is still very much around, having reformed and his previous wiles and wickedness and ill-gotten reputation from the Pistons brawl in favor of a more humanitarian/altruistic approach, but not long enough before he elbowed an opponent in the head during a celebration which granted him yet another suspension and more publicity/controversy. He tried to get his act together (e.g. changing his name to metta "world peace") and has since been quite under the radar, almost rather uncharacteristically. There's no question he's declining with age, but undoubtedly remains one of the most outspoken/erratic players the NBA has ever seen. He also has really, really mad defense. To quasi-assert, Artest is still around, albeit not as he was previously. Consequently, he hasn't been nearly as transparent as usual. Just my two cents on the man. Regardless, not too bad of a ball player.

:lol: are you serious? That's his legal name?!
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

~Guest 193166
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:50 pm 

Yes.

hirsipuulintu
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:55 pm 

Hello, I'm new here and thought I'd come here and ask stuff that's been bothering me.

So. I actually made account to Metal-Archives to be able to add translated lyrics to songs originally in Finnish or Swedish. Then I noticed I can't do that, because I'm a "mallcore kid", which means, I need to get points of some sort. Posting to forum doesn't seem to help, so is there any other way to gain these points than making reviews of albums? And if there is, is there a page which shows exactly what to do to gain points? I mean... For a person with gibberish English I can't make up all the ways to do so.

And. Is there any way possible to make a forum section where you can speak your mother language with other people? I mean, if a Norwegian guy wanted to talk to other 'metalheads' on this site, should he move into a Norwregian forum or would it be okay to write Norwegian here?

And if there is a page where these answers are already answered, would someone link it to me, please? I'm not sure what to read and where :D

Panzerschreckrieg
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:05 pm 

I like the fact that Ron Artest is so headstrong. I would have been terrified if he had came after me like he did in that Pistons game. He certainly is a great defensive player, and good at getting in the opponents head. He reminds me of Dennis Rodman. Rodman was also a great defender, rebounder, and good at getting in the enemies head. Basketball is very much a mental game. Anyone ever seen the clip where Rodman kicks the cameraman?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-NDZGtU7So

~Guest 193166
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:32 pm 

Beating fans up is one of the most headstrong things someone could do.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:03 pm 

Man I remember the night that brawl at the Palace happened. I almost WENT to that game. I was really into the Pistons...and then they traded Billups for Iverson and it all went to shit.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Rompestromper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:46 am 

Hi there,

just stating the obvious, I am newly registered on the forum.
I have been using MA for quite a while but I found out there are a lot of benefits to an account so I made one with this is as the result :)
Main genres I listen to are:
Melodic death metal
death metal
black metal (some)
Grind/gore
as long as they provide me with something special I am ok with it most of the time
I also play drums and I am a big fan of border collies

so Hi

:)

Despumation
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:45 pm 

Hi. New here.

I'm the editor of Despumation magazine. Nightscape Press is my other press (horror, noir, etc.). I'm from Pittsburgh, Pa, USA. I haven't been signed up with a forum for a really long time, but I thought, if I'm going to, it should be this one. I use the Metal Archives all the time. I dig on death, tech death, grind, black, thrash, doom...blah, blah, blah. Scumpulse out of Edinburgh is really tripping my trigger at the moment. I'm still excited about snagging my King Diamond ticket for October. Uhhh...yeah. That's about it for now...

*waves* HI. =)

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:40 pm 

Welcome aboard Rompestromper and Despumation.

@Despumation: There are a few of us Western PA folk on here. :)

Like your reviews?

Despumation
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:34 pm 

That's what I like to see. \m/ REPRESENT \m/ =)

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:23 pm 

ImageGreetings Despumation!Image

Occultcannibal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:26 am 

Hey guys! I'm Ian, I'm not exactly a new member, but i've only got a very small handful of posts and haven't said a damned work on the forum since like 2011 or something stupid like that. Anyways, I play the drums in a whole bunch of bands including a few with SLK (Zombie Raiders and Xvart mainly). But yeah, i'm gonna start posting on here more often, and i've been trying to add more reviews to the site as well these last few weeks! Cheers dudes, looking forward to irritating everyone with goregrind related smalltalk!

normalized_freak
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:43 pm 

Hey everyone!

I am from Greece, land of Ancient Gods, sun, sea and bootleg CDs! Pushing at 37 years, I have been listening to Heavy Metal for the past 25 years, or so. My taste is all over across the spectrum, but I have a strong affinity for all things Doom-y, but I do not limit myself just to that.

Cheers!

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:04 pm 

Hail Cannibal and Freak! Welcome aboard!! Glad to have you! :metal:

Like your reviews?

NOSURVIVORSPC
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:47 pm 

Hi, I'm new here, my name is Mason, I'm from the Washington D.C. area.

I enjoy a fairly wide variety of metal (along with good hoppy IPAs & well-made horror/sci-fi flicks). I play guitar/bass, although not as much these days (with a wife, kids, full-time job, etc). I do a metal-related podcast with a couple of friends, the quality of which generally vacillates between "unlistenable/godawful' to 'marginally entertaining', but I think we're gradually improving. (At least that's what we tell ourselves.)

Rather than give a huge laundry list of favorite bands, I'll just state the five CDs (yes, I still listen to those...did I mention I'm old?) in my CD changer at the moment:
Carbonized "For The Security",
Dokken "Tooth & Nail"
Chastain "Rulers of the Wasteland"
Deathrow "Deception Ignored"
(The fifth one is a Steve Morse CD, not exactly relevant here!).

Cheers everyone & have a good weekend!

BenjaminC81
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:42 am 

Hi, i'm Benjamin i'm a 32 year old metalhead from the Netherlands. I've been listening metal since i was 12 but went through a pretty severe wigger periode when i was 16 which lasted about 4-5 years. Lucikly i made a miraculous recovery around 99-2000 and i came back to the metal genre thanks to bands like Korn, Rob Zombie and Rammstein.

Nowadays i mostly enjoy black metal while occasionally listening to some death & doom metal. Among my favorite bands are: Darkthrone, Urgehal, 1349, Enslaved, Burzum, Gorgoroth, Bathory, Inquisition, Blut Aus Nord, Hooded Menace, Acid Witch, Ministry, Superjoint Ritual and Down. Of course i also love the usual old school classics like King Diamond, Slayer, Rigor Mortis, Black Sabbath and your other usual suspects.

I also have a small weak spot for some old school punk stuff like Dead Kennedys, Ramones, TSOL, Misfits, etc. Oh yeah, guilty pleasures include bands like Rob Zombie, Black Dahlia Murder, Body Count and Prong ^^

I guess that's about it. Just thought this spot would be ideal to chat with fellow metalheads and discover some new obscure bands in the process. Don't expect any reviews anytime soon since my English isn't that good i'm afraid. Plus i'm not nearly as well informed as some metalheads around here ;)

Funeral Frog
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:37 pm 

BenjaminC81 wrote:
Don't expect any reviews anytime soon since my English isn't that good i'm afraid.
Your English is fine! "I" and "I'm" should be capitalized, though :P

Wintermute (black metal, death metal, dark ambient)
https://wintermuteband.bandcamp.com/album/wolven

arknet
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:05 am 

Hey, I just registered.

Listening to the new Bongripper album atm.

Mind_Transferer
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:28 pm 

Wazzzuuuup MA? I've just registered right now, I'd like to help on getting those 100.000 submitted bands.

My favourite genre is stoner, specially bands like Sleep, early EW, Bongzilla, that kind of stuff.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:08 pm 

Welcome new guys, kudos to all the doom & stoner fans! Don't be afraid to use the help threads in the Recommendation Central such as this one: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38296 It needs more slow metal fans!

Enjoy the forum and the site and if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:11 pm 

Don't listen to him! He collects noobs to feed to his pit beasts! Heed my words!

But do post in the doom threads. that'd be dope.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

EyesOfGlass
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:33 pm 

Uh well, hello, my name's Ivan and as a lot of you are saying I'm not that new to MA, but I never bothered to check the forums. I'm not a forum person myself, but started browsing it lately and I found it really interesting and entertaining. I made some attempts at reviewing some albums back then but they failed miserably because of my lack of experience at reviewing stuff, so I didn't bother trying again. I revived my account this year and started posting more frequently, so I'll be helping with non-reviewed albums and others I already had in mind.

Well, besides that I play bass and I listen to almost all genres of metal, except for some black metal acts, grindcore ala Anal Cunt, djent, post-hardcore, and maybe some other genre that I can't remember right now. Anyway, I'm quite open minded and I try to listen to anything even if I don't like it and take out its positive qualities. So.. that's it. At the moment I'm on holidays, so I'll be frequeting this site more often than I usually do.

Thank you for the time and this awesome site, keep it up!

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:09 pm 

POST-HARDCORE. Hell yeah dude, what you listen to?

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Ezeekial Zoratium
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:58 pm 

Hello my fellow metallic zealots, I am Ezeekial Zoratium

I aspire to one day become a solo metal act, akin to the thrash version of the alternative rock artist Beck. I'm open to advice if anyone is here to offer it, on subjects like equipment, how to become relatively known, etc.

I am somewhat close-minded on my metal genre preferences, for instance, anything with the suffix of "core" at the end usually is by default gay as fuck to me. I also find death metal to be superbly overrated, albeit there are bands in the genre that I like (which I'll get to my tastes here in a second.) Black metal is also over-hyped to me, but then again poser bands like Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir have tainted the image of the genre irreversibly, making it appear to be something indulged in only by metal sciolists.

I am a straight thrasher to the death. No other genre of metal in my opinion says "FUCK SHIT UP" like thrash and it just sounds coolest to me. Doom with thrash influences can be pretty cool, (High on Fire and The Sword come to mind) as well as crossover, but other than that and maybe a few nu-metal bands here and there everything in my repertoire is thrash.

Here goes my list, in no particular order:

Ministry
Villainizer
Pessimist (Germany)
Slayer
S.O.D.
Lich King
Testament
Exumer
Exhorder
Sepultura
Deftones
Havok
Death Angel
Massacre
Sodom
High On Fire
M.O.D.
The Sword
Rigor Mortis
Vader
Legacy (Colombia)
Cranium
Electric Wizard
Demolition Hammer
Mercyful Fate
Buckethead

There are more bands that I do indeed like but I just haven't gotten around to listening to entire albums by them yet...

Other random tidbits about me are that I have had a congenitally onset preoccupation with death, I vie if my music career doesn't turn out to become a serial killer/homeland terrorist, and I like writing poetry. I am definitely linguistically inclined, and write poetry on a regular basis...I also enjoy marijuana and hallucinogenic drugs, and well, beyond that, if there are any questions I guess I can answer them holus bolus.

I hope I am welcome here...FUCKING METAL!!!

Last edited by Ezeekial Zoratium on Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EyesOfGlass
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:17 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
POST-HARDCORE. Hell yeah dude, what you listen to?

Yeah, I think it's called that way, bands like BMTH, Asking Alexandria, etc. Can't stand them. What I normally listen to are swedeath bands (favourite death metal scene) Katatonia, Rotting Christ, Vader, Sodom, Dark Tranquillity, Gojira and so on. I also like melodic death, black, doom, a bit of drone, sludge, stoner, avant-garde stuff, metalcore/deathcore (very selective), some industrial metal, hardcore, and of course the classics. There are moments when I re-discover something and spend weeks or months listening to it until the process repeats. As long as it's not among those up there, it'll surely catch my ears attention.

~Guest 178973
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:13 am 

Ezeekial Zoratium wrote:
snip

You are interesting. Post more. I would like to study you.

Yo and whatnot to all the fresh meat.

Ezeekial Zoratium
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:06 am 

TheNiceNightmare wrote:
Ezeekial Zoratium wrote:
snip

You are interesting. Post more. I would like to study you.

Yo and whatnot to all the fresh meat.

Thanks, not all around here seem too welcoming...

jiri01
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:55 pm 

Hey guys, just saying Hi. I love great music and working out.

--------------------------------
[ulr=http://www.kettlebellworkoutroutineprogram.com] Kettlebell workout, Kettlebell routine [/url]

DonnTD1
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:18 pm 

Hello everyone, I'm Kevin from Denver. I came across this site while looking for reviews for one of my favorite local bands, Kitezh. I've since then been using EM as a guide when I'm shopping or listening to a new band. I enjoy Melodic Death, Black, Folk, Thrash, and Funeral Doom. And beer, that seems to go well with metal. :-D

I look forward to being a reviewer, except for one problem: I log in, write my review, and then get an error when I try to submit, as if I never logged in at all. Is there another thread that can help with that?

PS: I like the essential album list at the beginning of this thread. Very helpful!

Ezeekial Zoratium
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:22 pm 

DonnTD1 wrote:
Hello everyone, I'm Kevin from Denver. I came across this site while looking for reviews for one of my favorite local bands, Kitezh. I've since then been using EM as a guide when I'm shopping or listening to a new band. I enjoy Melodic Death, Black, Folk, Thrash, and Funeral Doom. And beer, that seems to go well with metal. :-D

I look forward to being a reviewer, except for one problem: I log in, write my review, and then get an error when I try to submit, as if I never logged in at all. Is there another thread that can help with that?

PS: I like the essential album list at the beginning of this thread. Very helpful!

I live on Fillmore St in Denver...

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:41 pm 

Greetings to: DonnTD1, jiri01, Ezeekial Zoratium, EyesOfGlass, Mind_Transferer, arknet, and BenjaminC81 :headbang: :beer: :np:
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

SEMENATOR
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:17 pm 

Hey my name is Jake, i am the vocalist for the Richmond Virginia based grind project called Evil Erection. about to submit our band page after we finish our full length cumming soon. i made this forever ago any just never really fucked with it.

TAKE IT EASY, KEEP IT SLEAZY
420/666

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:00 pm 

There's that 420 again! I'm always shocked at how many people celebrate Hitler's birthday :nono:
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

Octobur_Frost
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:45 pm 

Hullo. I prefer to go by Octobur online. I'm 21, currently living in Southern Ontario. I've been using the site for a few years now and didn't even realize there was a forum until about two months ago. I'm a very shy, reclusive person. I mostly listen to Black Metal, some Death Metal, but I'm very picky. I enjoy some Doom Metal+Funeral Doom, and Viking Metal. I will give a listen to many things, even if it's not my preferred genre. I used to play guitar in high school, but I was terrible at it. I enjoy old horror movies, reading, drinking too much tea, and winter. I'm a shithead elitist, and like to make jokes about it. :D

RepulsiveVenom
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:52 am 

RepulsiveVenom. I live in Australia. First-time internet forum user. Not familiar with much internet slang, so please be patient if I don't understand some of you, don't take offence. 27 years of age. Some of my favourite bands:

Sepultura - Pre Roots
Slayer
Broken Hope
Cannibal Corpse - Pre The Bleeding
Venom
Inquisition
Deicide
Picture

I joined up to see what all this stuff is like and check it out.

Molintheshort
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:33 pm 

Oi!
Molin the short, not at your service, hails from Sweden, the country of faggots, 25 years old and gets drunk on 2,8 beer.
I like metal, but not you.
See ye around or as Vivian should had said: SHUT UP YOU BASTARDS!

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:21 pm 

Molintheshort wrote:
Oi!
Molin the short, not at your service, hails from Sweden, the country of faggots, 25 years old and gets drunk on 2,8 beer.
I like metal, but not you.
See ye around or as Vivian should had said: SHUT UP YOU BASTARDS!

Last.fm

altered_vlad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:48 am 

Edit: Wrong thread, sorry mods...

Last edited by altered_vlad on Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:57 am 

altered_vlad wrote:
this is just retarded... America, what the fuck???
http://gu.com/p/4vvdz/fb

Did you mean to post this in the FFA?

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Xenophon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:54 am 

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the MA forums, though I've been using the site for a while. I'm also new to metal in general as I only got into it about a year ago. I mostly like death metal, but I listen to a little of everything. Besides metal, I also enjoy math, writing campy sci-fi stories, and reading inane webcomics.

I guess I'll see you all around the forums.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137 ... 156  Next