Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Lifer1995
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:58 pm 

Hey, guys! I figured I should register since I use the archives a LOT, and I would like to experience all of what this site has to offer. I hope to try out the forums to meet cool people and find new bands. I enjoy many of metal's subgenres, and I usually always love a band/artist that has a sound of their own within the metal walls. However, that doesn't mean I don't love some good old, plain, and simple death metal. Hell, I am listening to Asphyx right now, and have been for the past hour or so. I would give you a run down of my favorite bands, but that is something I keep asking myself, and I just can't do it. I would love to give you guys something to judge me off of, but I just can't muster the nerve to pick true favorites. As for that I am sorry. Oh, and as for my name, I just picked my favorite song from Nola and added the date Nola was released.

TheOldSkull
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:31 pm 

Hello everyone

32 years old metalhead there. I listen to all kinds of music, mostly metal of course, all styles as long as it sounds good to my ears. More into old stuff generally, but some newer bands like Vektor are fine too.

I also play some instruments, mostly guitar but not only.

Ball Cupper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:13 pm 

TheOldSkull wrote:
Hello everyone

32 years old metalhead there. I listen to all kinds of music, mostly metal of course, all styles as long as it sounds good to my ears. More into old stuff generally, but some newer bands like Vektor are fine too.

What else do you play?

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:55 am 

Ball Cupper wrote:
TheOldSkull wrote:
Hello everyone

What else do you play?

The ball-cup.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:46 pm 

^Will you please stop polluting this thread with garbage and passive-aggressive nonsense? Be nice to the newbies for Chrissake.

Wohrg
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:40 am 

Fucking Hi Encyclopaedia Metallum !

The Infamous Bastard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:30 am 

^ Your username's spelling is wohrg.

Welcome, btw :)

Blood and Honor
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:14 pm 

Apparently I was a bit drunk the other night and I registered here. I didn't even remember I'd done that until I saw an email from the metal archives this morning haha.

Well, I had intended to register for a long time, anyways. Here's my hello:

http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=102531

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:06 pm 

Well, that is certainly a good start.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

painfulserenity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:26 pm 

Well, I'm a nearly 19-year-old kid who listens to every genre of music other than pop and country. I live in the suburb of a suburb, yea, it's kind of weird. I play guitar when my ass isn't too lazy to get off of the computer. I play video games and snowboard in my free-time. If I am not pissing, shitting, eating or any combination of three, I am usually with my girlfriend. Although there are rumors that I might also piss, shit and eat when I am with my girlfriend, however these are just rumors so don't get your hopes up.

Lord Rot
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:37 am 

Hi, I'm Sam, I live in New Zealand and play in 3 bands, a Black./Thrash band called Pandemonic, a Blackened Crust band called Malignite and a folk/punk band called Whiskey and the Wench. I'm often drunk and/or stoned so please excuse incoherent, rambling nonsense posts that may occasionally spew forth from my keyboard. If anyone can point me in the direction of the threads in which War Metal is discussed, I'd be much obliged. I look forward to talking shit with you all.

Cheers

EDIT: Oh yeah, and do forget to check out this drivel and tell me what you think viewtopic.php?f=9&t=102700

May Greenfield
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:11 pm 

Hi everybody! My name is May Greenfield and I'm an all-American girl who likes the most extreme metal imaginable, although you wouldn't know it by looking at me. It's nice to meet you all.

Antareth
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:15 pm 

Hi, I'm 21 years old and I mainly listen to Doom Metal and Melodic Death metal. I am the composer for my band, I also compose soundtracks when I feel like it. I practice ye magick arts, especially Kabbalah and Goetia. That's about it, nice to meet you.

Rattus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:43 pm 

Hi. I used to go on here years ago but have recently decided to come on again. From what I say, maybe one of you will recognize me, haha.

As you might guess from my username, I'm into rats. I have a pet rat. I'm working to become a research scientist, I'm an apathetic Atheist, live in Canada... I do some stuff for a children's hospital... In the future I want to do research on eating disorders and also on the effects of nutrition/food programs on general life outcomes for the disadvantaged (minorities, homeless, etc). Love animals in general... Guess I'm generally a major softy.

Favourite musicians/bands in general (not just metal): Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, System of a Down, Madder Mortem, Sam Roberts, The Trews, Om Kolthoom, Najwa Karam, Al-Namrood, Big Sugar... Tend to listen more to rock/metal but if I like something, it doesn't matter what it is.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:26 pm 

Here's my box set of Christmas cards for all the recently registered.

FELIZ NAVIDEATHMETAL!!

Evil Hails,
Wyrm

PizzaLovingDenizenOfHell666999
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:35 am 

Hey guys and girls. I'm a new member of Metal Archives. I like metal of many genres including thrash, heavy, glam, death, black and even nu metal sometimes. I love all female metal bands that are really good like Girlschool, Astarte and Nervosa(if you've heard of them). I'm also a big fan of Blacki Lawless and Jackie Chambers.

My hobbies are procrastinating, throwing rocks at people and stealing infants to sacrifice to the Pizza Goddess

Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:58 am 

painfulserenity wrote:
Well, I'm a nearly 19-year-old kid who listens to every genre of music other than pop and country. I live in the suburb of a suburb, yea, it's kind of weird. I play guitar when my ass isn't too lazy to get off of the computer. I play video games and snowboard in my free-time. If I am not pissing, shitting, eating or any combination of three, I am usually with my girlfriend. Although there are rumors that I might also piss, shit and eat when I am with my girlfriend, however these are just rumors so don't get your hopes up.

What are your favorite thrash metal bands?

puggy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:04 am 

Hey everyone. :-D

I listen to a wide variety of music, an increasingly large share of which falls under the metal umbrella. Though I don't take genre into consideration when deciding whether or not to add something to my library, the majority of the music I listen to falls under the category of either punk/hardcore or metal. I am into quite a few metalcore/deathcore bands that I understand aren't so popular 'round these here parts, and I'm always interested to see how others feel about music that I enjoy. I'm really here, though, because I have a growing interest in some of the heavier "true metal" music that many of you are very passionate about. Band recommendations are always welcome.

On the personal side of things - I'm a 17-year-old from Long Island, New York. I'll be leaving for college in a few months, and I'm excited about whatever that may bring. I have a multitude of rather eccentric interests which include linguistics, conlanging/conworlding, evolutionary psychology, micronations, philosophy, psychonautics, comedy... and probably a lot more that aren't coming to mind. I'm also a shitty n00b guitarist. Try not to be be a decent guitarist around me - it's very discouraging.

Nice to meet you all. :)

Last edited by puggy on Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:19 am 

puggy wrote:
Hey everyone. :-D

I listen to a wide variety of music, an increasing large share of which falls under the metal umbrella. Though I don't take genre into consideration when deciding whether or not to add something to my library, the majority of the music I listen to falls under the category of either punk/hardcore or metal. I am into quite a few metalcore/deathcore bands that I understand aren't so popular 'round these here parts, and I'm always interested to see how others feel about music that I enjoy. I'm really here, though, because I have a growing interest in some of the heavier "true metal" music that many of you are very passionate about. Band recommendations are always welcome.

On the personal side of things - I'm a 17-year-old from Long Island, New York. I'll be leaving for college in a few months, and I'm excited about whatever that may bring. I have a multitude of rather eccentric interests which include linguistics, conlanging/conworlding, evolutionary psychology, micronations, philosophy, psychonautics, comedy... and probably a lot more that aren't coming to mind. I'm also a shitty n00b guitarist. Try not to be be a decent guitarist around me - it's very discouraging.

Nice to meet you all. :)

Oh so you're a year younger than I am. Anyway, what are your favorite bands? I'd like to know.

I'm new here as well

puggy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:37 am 

PizzaLovingDenizenOfHell666999 wrote:
Oh so you're a year younger than I am. Anyway, what are your favorite bands? I'd like to know.

I'm new here as well

Oh, awesome. I was getting the impression that this place was a nursing home. :lol:

Altogether, I'm not sure. That's always been a tough one for me to answer, because it varies so much on my mood at a given time, and what I've been listening to. But right now, probably the following: Children of Bodom, Burzum, Mayhem, Death, Born of Osiris, Bad Religion, At the Drive-In, and the Mars Volta. Some metal, some not.

Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:50 am 

puggy wrote:
PizzaLovingDenizenOfHell666999 wrote:

I'm new here as well

Oh, awesome. I was getting the impression that this place was a nursing home. :lol:

Altogether, I'm not sure. That's always been a tough one for me to answer, because it varies so much on my mood at a given time, and what I've been listening to. But right now, probably the following: Children of Bodom, Burzum, Mayhem, Death, Born of Osiris, Bad Religion, At the Drive-In, and the Mars Volta. Some metal, some not.

LOOOOL nursing home. Funny how metal fans are pictured as older.

Even my mood changes for different metal bands. Like these days I'm obsessed with anything WASP so yeah.
One of my friends is a Born of Osiris fan too. I mostly like death metal with a thrash feel to it though

Rattus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:36 pm 

Hi puggy, and welcome to the site. Also, fuck you for the "nursing home" comment. I'm 23 for fuck's sake! :lol: Kidding, I'm not offended. :)

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:19 pm 

Welcome to all the noobs! If you have any questions, feel free to contact me or ask them here.

PizzaLovingDenizenOfHell666999 is perhaps the most awful and awesome nickname at the same time, congrats!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Gonzo666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:49 pm 

New to the site.

My name is Chadwick. I'm a 27 year old man from California. Metal wise my interests land more in the Black Metal, Crust, Grind type of fields. First concert as a young kid was Morbid Angel/Napalm back in the day. Grew up on it. Have a very large expansive knowledge on music and the structure for it. Outside of music I'm a tattoo collector, harley rider, combat veteran. In the process of opening up my own venue. Starting the process that is.

Solomon Grundy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:57 pm 

Howdy folks. I go by the moniker of Solomon Grundy. At some point in time you might have accidentally run across one of my annual Top 20 albums of [insert year here] fB pages. For that I apologize.

I have been frequenting the dB message boards and, as of the past couple years, the Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles boards. The latter are probably going to choose the new Black Sabbath as album of the year and, because I use these message boards as a way to find new music, can't see myself continuing to follow the trends of people with the same mindset as Revolver magazine, so I will now inflict my personality upon you horde.

I love Metal, but not exclusively. It's more like the meat and potatoes in my well-balanced, non-vegan, non-vegetarian diet. I don't begrudge others their favorites, nor do I harp on them for their lifestyle choices. However, when people are idiots, I will call them out.

Other interests: American Football, Ice Hockey, Fantasy Football, drinking craft beer...

In a former life I was Cousin Enos, guitar player in Voice of Destruction (not to be confused with the South African DM band).

please help me find new, good music...that is all.

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:26 pm 

Born on a Mundy, christened on Tuesdy, joined MA on Wednesdy...
You'd not take the splendor instilled
And I just couldn’t ask for more"

Solomon Grundy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:43 pm 

Nochielo wrote:
Born on a Mundy, christened on Tuesdy, joined MA on Wednesdy...

nice...

Rattus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:52 am 

Someone using "Solomon Grundy" as a username, and then Nochielo's post.... Those two things just made me happy (big Batman fan here). Welcome to the site, Solomon Grundy! :P

PS whenever I get nervous before a job interview, I ask myself, "what would Batman do?" I'm not kidding. I specifically remember doing that. And you know what? BATMAN TAKES NO PRISONERS. In the games, literally (never killed one prisoner). :P

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:52 pm 

Spoiler: show
MutantClannfear wrote:
^Will you please stop polluting this thread with garbage and passive-aggressive nonsense? Be nice to the newbies for Chrissake.

Will you stop crying over nothing?

Last edited by Zodijackyl on Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User was warned for this post.

bobyurismono
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:23 am 

Hi my name is Boby, I'm from Indonesia but currently living in Stratford, Canada. I really love the rawness of any type of metal. I listen a lot to Darkthrone and Burzum but I'm a big fan of early sabbath, electric wizard and sleep. I also listen to hardcore punk like Black Flag and Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat too. If anyone want to check my guitar experiment you can head down to [url]soundcloud.com/bobyurismono[/url] Thats's all, thanks.

Swiftkillswitch3
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:21 pm 

Howdy. Is it sad I've been using this place for source references, material, and the likes without ever having signed up? I think so. In any case, lets take to the cake and feast. I'm a dude, dude, dwelling in Florida, and I'm 18. I've been smashing drums for nine years, learning Italian for five, and an in need of new dual pedals since I purchased these wrecks. I don't consider much if what I do different from others, and I rarely take pride in anything, aside from generally winning.

Typing this up on an iPod... NOPENOPENOPENOPE. Now have at it or me.

Rattus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:29 pm 

Hey people, welcome to the site! Boby: I used to do some marketing in Stratford, I think. You ever checked out the Stratford Festival? I hear it's great. Swiftkillswitch: people here are fair for the most part. Some people can be dicks but I haven't seen that happening much. Also, a lot of people seem to lurk the site before officially joining. :P

Swiftkillswitch3
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:23 am 

I appreciate the warm welcome. I'll do my best to not be stoopid.

bobyurismono
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:12 am 

Rattus: Yeah I watched them twice, it's really good!

PengPeng
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:37 am 

not a newbie but I have been off for quite some months, so "hello again" :)

mortlock666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:00 am 

hey
I'm from upstate NY. I've been playing bass since 1988. Been in some cool metal bands over the years. Cheers and Beers. Grind for life!!!!

Pig Benis
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:19 pm 

Made the mistake of not finding this thread first. My apologies to the mods and regulars.

I just wanted to say hello, I am new to the forum and metal forums in general. I have listened to metal for years and I have always looked for a forum to post on about everything and anything metal. Ive watched this site closely for the past few years. I realize that there are no other really solid metal forums with a legit trade section as this. Either way I hope to add and enrich the board for a long while because I have a lot of respect for some of the posters Ive seen over the years; always wanted to jump into a discussion or three. Hope to get to know some of you and trade as well.

From southern Connecticut, where the scene is ... ehhh... not thriving as other places. nothing but core kids and straight edge assholes. I must admit there are some "core" bands I like though.

shri_ace13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:56 am 

Hello there.

I've been using this site for quite a while now. But it was only today that I decided to venture into the forum section.

And here I am.

I'm Shrivatsan from India. I am a reviewer and I run a webzine called Metal Gallows. Feel free to check us out.
Favorite genres would be thrash metal, death metal, black metal, grindcore, doom metal, blues and grunge.

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:20 am 

Pig Benis wrote:
Pig Benis

You could have used "Pig Brick" as a username (two actual words) and the meaning would be unchanged. Food for thought.
You'd not take the splendor instilled
And I just couldn’t ask for more"

Gus Kiriakis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:48 pm 

Hi there. I'm Gus, a 34-old bass player and professional sound engineer from Athens, Greece. I'm currently playing with 3 bands (1 thrash, 1 heavy/doom, and 1 acoustic blues), and love metal. \m/

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134 ... 156  Next