Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
doc Regula69
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:04 pm 

I think you should at the very least send him a warning.

Last edited by dreadmeat on Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
for being childish, goading moderators and generally being an annoyance whilst contributing nothing to the site or anything positive to the forums - doc Regula69 permanently banned

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:09 pm 

doc Regula69 wrote:
MikeyC wrote:
Welcome, doc Regula69. :) What's your favourite music now?

Thanks brosky :)
I like a bunch of stuff, but mostly shit that’s fast and tasteful. But my favourite genre is jazz, in general. Mostly the mid-60’s to 70’s FREE JAZZ stuff (Ra, Coltrane (quintet), Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Peter Brotzmann, Art Ensemble of Chicago, etc). It’s also the music I love to make. I also really like Jazz fusion (modern and old). Miles Davis ELECTRIC period is the best though.

I’m also into rap and (don’t hate) especially the new drill stuff that’s going on right now. I think it’s pretty great.
Also Footwork/juke is amazing (rip DJ RASHAD).

Jazz can be okay but it's certainly not my favourite. I like that you're into it, though - a bit of diversity is pretty good!

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

doc Regula69
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:06 pm 

You might like the sort of jazz I’m into, it’s pretty heavy.
https://youtu.be/FKYq4H3-iKM here’s the whole LAST EXIT show.

The Droog
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:42 pm 

Howdy. I'm your run of the mill heavy rocker into a mishmash of punk rock, '70s heavy rock, early NWOBHM, stoner rock, that sorta stuff. Anything with a lotta riffs.

omnishadow
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:10 am 

Hmm.. I don't think I introduced myself... so here we go: 21 years old, love melodeath/swedeath/atmospheric black. Progressive too, as long as it's mixed with the formers. Do drugs, currently in college(TI) and saving money for my MtF transition. PM me if you're interested/need help with melodeath(mostly old school). Like to play Dota 2/CS:GO/GTA V/Dark Souls so feel free to play with me if interested.

Crypticide
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:00 pm 

i am 16 years old. I love metal. i play guitar.

I enjoy these metal genres:

Traditional
Death
Black
Progressive/Avant-Garde
Some Gothic(e.g. Type O Negative)
Some Sludge(e.g. Acid Bath)
Thrash
Industrial
Alternative

Withershins
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:14 pm 

Ahoj, I'm here because of my abyssal love for black ambiant, doom, stoner etc..
I'm 28, french, leathercrafter, I suck at being talkative but whatever.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:38 pm 

Welcome to the dungeons, Crypticide and Withershins. :) Enjoy your stays.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:11 am 

16, eh? That's about when I joined the board after a year of writing reviews. You'll find this place super helpful.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

khristian
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:57 am 

Hi, I'm Khristian from the Philippines. I'm 27 years old. Hope to azquire more knowledge and friends in the global metal scene. Thanks!

Hellbenderus Anus Maximus
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:01 pm 

Hello. I signed up a few years ago, but have decided to start posting now. Just emerged from cryogenic storage.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:42 pm 

Hellbenderus Anus Maximus wrote:
Hello. I signed up a few years ago, but have decided to start posting now. Just emerged from cryogenic storage.

Hello, Philip J. Fry. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:

AMSG403
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:19 pm 

Ave.

I've used this site for the last decade plus, have written reviews under a few different names, but never posted here. Predominantly I listen to Black/Folk/Death/Doom and am also a fan of Crust/D-Beat/Power Violence. I do not listen to Power/Progressive or anything like that, it just doesn't do anything for me.

collinsone
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:26 pm 

Hi,

My name is Collinsone. I'm too old to dispay my age. I live in Paris.

My favourite bands are:

Iron Maiden
Metallica
Black Sabbath
Megadeath
Judas Priest

I have been lurking for months and finally registered.

~Guest 320911
Past his bedtime

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:38 pm 

Hello everyone! My name is V.Ganesh.

I'm from the city of Chennai in the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu. I've been a member of Metal Archives [MA] in the past but I'd to rejoin MA as my previous accounts got banned as I'd a war of words with my fellow members which resulted in one of the members telling me that the bridges have been burnt. Well, that's past and water under the bridge. There isn't anything that I can do about the past.

I've been good after that especially on MA.

I like Thrash Metal a lot and some of my favourite Thrash Metal bands are Metallica, Slayer and Megadeth. These days, I'm enjoying listening to "Dystopia" by Megadeth [I've been listening to it over and again].

I think I've said enough for my introduction here.

Note: I hope the administrators, moderators and other people involved in running/operating/maintaining MA don't mind me rejoining MA considering that my previous MA accounts got banned.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:01 pm 

Hi, VGanesh. I'm unsure about your past but for the present, welcome (back) to Metal Archives. Dystopia is quite good so you're off to a good start here, haha. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:

HeadHarvester
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:47 pm 

Hey, I'm Parker. i live in Utah (nope, not Mormon) haha. Irish, Scottish, German. My idea of good times are the normal jammin' to metal (of all kinds) and being under the influence of alcohol. I first started playing drums at 14, moved to guitar at 16 and was in a band in Idaho as the bassist at age 19. I am now 21. Uhh....yeah, pretty much it! Happy to be part of this site and hope to meet some cool, down to earth fellas.

~Guest 320911
Past his bedtime

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:04 am 

@MikeyC: Thanks for welcoming me to MA and thanks for the kind words.

I'd a war of words with the co-founders, admimistrators and moderators of MA, like I said earlier, it's water under the bridge. It was more of reacting and being a bit too sensitive on my part. I've no axe to grind against anyone here and anyone in my life.

I see that you are from Australia. Australia has some great bands like Destroyer 666, Bestial Warlust, Spear of Longinus, Drowning the Light and Razor of Occam that I dig.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:00 am 

HeadHarvester wrote:
Hey, I'm Parker. i live in Utah (nope, not Mormon) haha. Irish, Scottish, German. My idea of good times are the normal jammin' to metal (of all kinds) and being under the influence of alcohol. I first started playing drums at 14, moved to guitar at 16 and was in a band in Idaho as the bassist at age 19. I am now 21. Uhh....yeah, pretty much it! Happy to be part of this site and hope to meet some cool, down to earth fellas.

Welcome. So you play guitar, bass guitar, and drums? Man, you could be killing it in a one-man project!

VGanesh wrote:
@MikeyC: Thanks for welcoming me to MA and thanks for the kind words.

I'd a war of words with the co-founders, admimistrators and moderators of MA, like I said earlier, it's water under the bridge. It was more of reacting and being a bit too sensitive on my part. I've no axe to grind against anyone here and anyone in my life.

I see that you are from Australia. Australia has some great bands like Destroyer 666, Bestial Warlust, Spear of Longinus, Drowning the Light and Razor of Occam that I dig.

All good, mate. :)

Australia does have some good bands. The guy behind Drowning the Light is from a town called Kiama, which is about a 15 minute drive from my location. Australia also has Portal and Psychrist, as well as many others, which are cool bands. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:

~Guest 377710
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:24 am 

Mighty Infernal Heils!!!

I'm HellScorcher. I'm from India. I'm 32-years-old.

I got introduced to metal on my own. I've been listening to metal since 16 years.

I like Black Metal/Thrash Metal/Death Metal/War Metal/NSBM.

I'm a fan of Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives and similar web sites on the web.

I'd like to form a metal band of my own, but, work life keeps coming often in this way. I think I'll be listening to metal till I die. It's one genre of music which I think I can relate to irrespective of what people think about it.

I'd like to share an anecdote with my fellow headbangers/metalheads as part of my introduction here. The other day when I was listening to Limp Bizkit [I know some of you don't consider Limp Bizkit and nu-metal to be metal] my parents remarked that it sounded like a pack of dogs fighting with each other.

\m/

Metalforbreakfast87
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:47 am 

New here guys!! and i keep getting banned from the chat room, the think I'm this retard called iron wizard,
I'm not fucking iron wizard and stop banning me

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:11 am 

You're Iron Wizard? gtfo

ntghwlk
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:02 pm 

Hello, guys!

23 years old, Poland. It has been a long time since I joined any forum. Besides of metal I'm in modern avant-garde classical music, so from a few years I'm tracking for unorthodox, atonal (not just "dissonant") elements in metal, like Gorguts, Ulcerate or some Meshuggah concepts. Anyone?

I can't pick any favourite bands now, but of these I can say that they were the most influential. Chronologically: Bathory, Opeth, Immolation, Meshuggah, Gorguts.

Greetings!

~Guest 378411
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:32 am 

I'm Hell's Angel. I'm from India.

BrutalizerUtilizerOfTheShadows
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:07 pm 

I have a question about the marketplace. I wanted to ask in that forum whether or not anyone knew a good place to acquire some Midnight (USA) merch? But I didn't want to start a thread to find merch for just one band. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

titan_v
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:53 pm 

BrutalizerUtilizerOfTheShadows wrote:
I have a question about the marketplace. I wanted to ask in that forum whether or not anyone knew a good place to acquire some Midnight (USA) merch? But I didn't want to start a thread to find merch for just one band. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

Try hells headbangers.

kjtheguitarist
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:58 am 

Hi.
I'm new here.
A guitarist from Korea.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:48 pm 

Greetz to newcomers!

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:44 pm 

kjtheguitarist wrote:
Hi.
I'm new here.
A guitarist from Korea.

A guitarist from Korea? Seems like you've got some Seoul.

Welcome!

ZarathustraHead wrote:

LOYAL2ONE
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:18 pm 

Hi, I'm Loyal.
I am a lefty fencer and I like metal and classical music.

My favorite metal bands are Death, Antestor, Black Sabbath, and Impending Doom.

Narchost
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:46 pm 

Narchost here from Virginia. First time poster LONG time lurker (about 10 years).

My genre interests are Black and Death. And I do like to venture into the ambient and noise genres. I'm big into horror movies, mostly from 60s through the 90s (70s Italian horror all the way) though I do find a rare find from the more modern releases.

Cool to be on here finally.

IntenseHatred
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:40 pm 

I started coming here around 2004, went away with the military came back and had no idea what my screen name was. Started this one, but took another break when I went to college.

Got hooked on music around 1978/79. My parents were hippies, and listened to mostly psychedelic guitar oriented rock. Bands like the Jefferson Airplane, Grateful Dead, Mamas and the Papas and the Beach Boys. That was my first introduction to rock. Got into rock/metal like a lot of kids in the 70s by listening to Kiss and AC/DC. Later when I heard Come on Feel the Noize, I was hooked on what at the time being passed for metal. Really got hooked on Motley Crue and Quiet Riot. I remember thinking Motley Crue's first album sounded so heavy and fast, with the double bass drum. Soon though I would discover bands like Motorhead and Venom. They made Motley Crue look like a bunch of pussies. I started looking for anything that sounded like these guys. Slayer, Exodus and Metallica. I was hooked and it would be a lifelong obsession.

I started playing guitar in 1987. This opened me up to so much more music. I attempted to learn everything from just about any band, any style that is guitar oriented. Old R&B, Stadium Rock, Classical and country just to name a few. I don't play much these days unfortunately.

I also like bad horror movies and the comedy of Andy Kauffman. My favorite bands are Slayer, Megadeth, Metallica, Exodus, Testament, Gwar, Coal Chamber, Lamb of God, Motley Crue, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, Pearl Jam and Kiss. I also love all those one hit pop wonders from the 80s and all of those one hit wonder "grunge" bands from the 90s. I'm all over the place really as far as music goes. If it has some sort of guitar, I pretty much like it. I have seen most of my favorite bands live. My loudest show was Motorhead until I saw Testament. Both were amazing shows. My jaw dropped watching Alex play all of those solos with such ease.

Anyway, its good to be back. I see some old faces and a lot of new ones. Glad to see this board is still doing so well.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:27 pm 

Welcome, IntenseHatred. You have a lot of interests there, musical and otherwise. You'll fit right in here after your hiatus. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:

IntenseHatred
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:54 am 

MikeyC wrote:
Welcome, IntenseHatred. You have a lot of interests there, musical and otherwise. You'll fit right in here after your hiatus. :)

Thank you very much.

Fell from Hell
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:46 am 

What's up everybody, I'm Fell from Oregon.
My hobbies are writing, punching nazis, and making bad decisions.
Favorite bands of the moment are Mayhem, Darkthrone, Cryptopsy, Napalm Death, Sinister, and Gaahlskagg

Doors of Stone
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:00 pm 

Hi, I'm new here.

My name is Doors of Stone, currently living in Denmark and 22 years old. I got into metal in late 2009/early 2010 and have since been listening to the more melodic side of metal.
I mainly registered here to try out writing reviews, so I doubt that I will be posting a lot but I will be staying around :)

Neo_Arg
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:01 pm 

Hi! i´m neo from Argentina and i was reading this forum since last year and finally registered

i play guitar and also bass guitar too

i like sooo many bands and genres inside metal but i started at 13 with Metallica and megadeth... now i have 26

i hope to spend a great time here and share our love for metal!!

Atomicnucleardesolation
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:27 am 

I'm Arae, my username is a reference to Blasphemy. I run a fanzine, I like drinking, my favorite genres are black/death and death metal (more so old school death metal), basically anything dirty that has good riffs is great in my book.

Favorite bands include:

Entombed
Beherit
Gehennah
Nuclearhammer
Macabre
Pungent Stench
Gorement
Goatpenis
Katatonia
Death Breath
Conqueror
Hellhammer
Nuclear Death
Destroyer 666
Black Trip
Rippikoulu
Convulse

Aaaaand way more that would take me ages to name.

Operation Pivo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:28 am 

I thought I’d finally break out of long-term lurker mode and sign up. My name is Operation Pivo, from Melbourne. I’m currently having a metal midlife crisis thanks to this site. Back in the late 80s- early 90s when first I got into metal in my early teens I listened to lots of Maiden, Sabbath, Anthrax, Metallica (first 4 only), Overkill, Savatage, Paradise Lost, Manowar. I left metal for a while during the mid-late 90s and got interested in the local indie/post-grunge music scene - looking back, why did I bother?.
Maiden’s reformation got me back on track where the Brave New World album, which I had no idea had happened, got me out of a dark place in my life at the time. Since discovering this site a couple of years ago, my metal listening has just gone full tilt nutso. I’m listening to:
- The old bands that I used to listen to, now adding albums that I didn’t have back in the day: Maiden (I had all of those), Sabbath, Anthrax, Overkill.
- Old bands that I was aware of but didn’t get right into at the time: Judas Priest, Megadeth, Dio, Warlock, Skyclad.
-Bands that I didn’t know about at the time: Grim frikken Reaper (it’s criminal that I’ve only discovered them now), Toxik, Heathen, Mordred, Realm, Paradox.

I don’t really go for much new stuff. But, cheese and rice, if Battle Beast aren’t one of most awesome, eye-moistening, things ever!

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:54 pm 

Operation Pivo wrote:
Grim frikken Reaper (it’s criminal that I’ve only discovered them now)

Yes it sure is :D Also, pivo. By any chance are you a Croat?
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144 ... 156  Next