PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:46 pm 

Niklas Sanger wrote:
my favorite is Opeth.

Welcome!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Niklas Sanger
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:23 pm 

I just saw them for the first time at the electric factory in Philly, it was awesome but they only played for an hour. I think they're above coheadlining with two other bands. I want to see them play by themselves or with Steven Wilson or something.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:38 pm 

They will come back soon as a full headliner, I skipped this tour since the setlist was meh and too short and I've seen them twice already. Yeah, a tour with SW or Porcupine Tree would be nice.

Niklas Sanger
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:04 pm 

I think their next tour will be in Europe only but who knows.

MetalPeas
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:06 pm 

Hello all! I'm MetalPeas, human name Dave. I thought I'd join a metal forum to broaden my horizons and see what is out there! I'm from South Australia.

I like all sorts of stuff, it's always better to have diversity in music tastes. I'm quite fond of Opeth, In Flames, Dalriada, Slayer, Meshuggah... the list goes on. I'm listening to Luca Turilli's Rhapsody right now. Outside of metal I quite like rock and classical.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:52 pm 

MetalPeas wrote:
Hello all! I'm MetalPeas, human name Dave. I thought I'd join a metal forum to broaden my horizons and see what is out there! I'm from South Australia.

I like all sorts of stuff, it's always better to have diversity in music tastes. I'm quite fond of Opeth, In Flames, Dalriada, Slayer, Meshuggah... the list goes on. I'm listening to Luca Turilli's Rhapsody right now. Outside of metal I quite like rock and classical.

Greetings, fellow Aussie, and I hope you're not getting smashed too badly by heat and bushfires there. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

MetalPeas
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:06 am 

I'm a little too close for comfort to be honest! I'm in the northeast, not far from Sampson Flat so I'm keeping a close eye on the CFS Twitter to make sure where the fire is heading so if I need to evacuate I'll be ready.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:17 pm 

MetalPeas wrote:
I'm a little too close for comfort to be honest! I'm in the northeast, not far from Sampson Flat so I'm keeping a close eye on the CFS Twitter to make sure where the fire is heading so if I need to evacuate I'll be ready.

I have now heard of Sampson Flat because of the fires. Good luck, mate!

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

~Guest 337487
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:45 pm 

Hi, I've been here only a couple months and I'm still a newbie to the site (although I'm an extreme metal expert, ask me any questions, I'm the Eddie Trunk of extreme metal music). Please feel to message me on this website only friends!!!! I will ask any guitar, bass, or extreme metal question at all!!!! ANY QUESTION WILL NOT BE ANSWERED IMMEDIATELY, I AM NOT ON THE COMPUTER ALL DAY!!!! THANK YOU!!!! :thumbsup:

Sincerely yours,

Neuthrone, Bassist and Lead Vocalist of GALLIUM

Last edited by ~Guest 337487 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:49 am 

But...Eddie Trunk isn't an expert on anything! Maybe hamburgers?

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:58 am 

iamntbatman wrote:
Maybe hamburgers?

He'll answer this question later since he's not on the computer all day, don't pressure him, man.

~Guest 337487
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:39 pm 

Agreed, Eddie Trunk thinks he knows metal, but doesn't like extreme metal!!!! HMM!!!! Not a real metal expert are we Eddie Trunk, you can't really answer half the questions people ask you, real dissapointment!!!! Please click pm on the bottom of this message, you can answer me through this since it leads you to the message page!!!! To answer your question below⤵

Quote:
But...Eddie Trunk isn't an expert on anything! Maybe hamburgers?

Agreed Iamthebatman, like I said above, he's not really an expert, I would probably say he isn't even an expert on hamburgers either!!!! I would say Don Jamieson is the best on the show because he has pushed bands like Six Feet Under and other notable extreme/thrash metal acts!!!!!

Sincerely Yours,

CardsOfWar
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:48 am 

Neuthrone wrote:
bass questions

I wouldn't normally ask such questions, but you seem really knowledgeable and enthusiastic about guitar and bass, and I've been wondering this for a while, so here goes:

If I'm going bass fishing, what equipment should I use, and how do I choose the best spot? I've been wanting to get into bass fishing for a while, but there are a lot of entry-level barriers that are stopping me.

Sincerely yours,

CardsOfWar, completely talentless internet teenager.

~Guest 337487
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:26 pm 

I don't know much about bass fishing, but from what I know you need to go on a bass boat, and find a place in the middle of any waterway where the bass can hide and have food, I don't know much other than that!!!! What I meant about bass, was bass guitar, but thank you for clarifying that to me CardsOfWar!!!! The way I said it might be confusing to some!!!!

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:40 pm 

!!!!

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:53 am 

Been lurking on this site since '08/'09 or so, signed up forever ago but didn't feel like using that username.

28 y/o dude from Massachusetts, been listening to metal since I was 10/11 or so, primarily into death/thrash/grind, top 5 bands would be Gwar, Slayer, the Misfits, Dying Fetus, and (lately) Misery Index.

And I have no idea what else to add.

darkeningday wrote:
I haven't saw any of the Seen movies.

thrAshleigh
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:22 am 

Hey,
I'm new ish here, serious lurker spend a lot of time reading this site.
24 female from the Adelaide Hills area South Australia.
Primarily listen to death metal but also thrash, doom and a little bit of black metal.

Bands in high rotation this past month have been Hail of Bullets, Black Jesus, Avulsed, Arroganz, Decaying, Katalepsy, Funebrarum and Disma

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:41 pm 

Greetings, newest of friends. Welcome to the best way to spend time since rope swings!

Why is GALLIUM not in the Archives???

Drakkenn
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:10 pm 

Hola Bitcholas! I am Drakkenn, soon to write an autobiography of myself. I am a 14 year old with all-controlling parents. Except when I'm at the library. I don't know how long I can stay under their rule! Anyways I love Power, Progressive, Trash, and Heavy Metals. I dislike Metalcore at any degree, and biotches. Thanks for reading(If you can get that far, jeez!) And don't forget to be awesome.

~Guest 337487
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:15 pm 

GALLIUM is not in the archives due to the fact that we have not released a full-length album, and that we're (or should I say just myself) is working on the new EP COLLOSAM!!!! I'm although proud to announce that I'm releasing an album in the near future called, Monolithial Gateways!!!! I hope that answers your question Grave_Wyrm.

Sincerely Yours,

Faunne
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:16 pm 

Hello! Decided that it was time to quit lurking after all this time.

I'm Canadian and 22 years of age, but temporarily living in London while getting my Masters degree in classical piano performance. I discovered metal quite accidentally at the age of 11, after a childhood of being forbidden to listen to anything but classical music (and not much else in between). It's been a lost cause ever since. :) Black, death, and doom are usually my go-to subgenres- but I find my tastes quite broad nevertheless. I will most likely start my own music project at some point, when the demands of school are over and done with.
On the side, I am also a working fashion and portrait photographer.

Thanks for reading!

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:14 pm 

Your pictures are beautiful! Welcome to MA and if you have any questions, feel free to contact me/ask them wherever!

Faunne
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:50 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Your pictures are beautiful! Welcome to MA and if you have any questions, feel free to contact me/ask them wherever!

Thank you kindly for taking the time to look! And I'll definitely keep that in mind. Thanks again!

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:11 am 

thrAshleigh wrote:
Black Jesus, Funebrarum and Disma

Some nice albums you're spinning there :thumbsup:

Don't see much love for Black Jesus. Their debut is pretty ripping really.

My collection

lostinthewoods
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:56 pm 

Hello everybody, I'm from a sad, lonely, one metalhead town (in the true north strong and freeee). I have a reasonably varied taste in metal, my favorite subgenres are crossover, thrash and folk. It's hard choosing favorites but I would say some of my favorite bands are Voivod, Darkthrone, Skyclad (and Sabbat), D.R.I. and Bathory. I have a crushing fear of rejection but a good sense of humor. I'm half native and live on a reserve.

EatenbyWolves
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:21 am 

Hails...

I am 25 years old, living (or "merely existing") in Norway, and in the process of writing a black metal album with my band. There is not much else for me to say for now, but I anticipate some interesting conversations in the near future. If there is anything else that one of you might be wondering about me, please be less like a sheep and more like a goat- speak up.

Thank you.

Thrashageddon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:00 pm 

Last edited by Thrashageddon on Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:11 pm 

Welcome, existers.

CryptofGloom
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:20 am 

Hello everyone!

So yeah, I've been using this site for almost a year, but it wasn't until now that I finally decided to sign up (I'm a lazy bastard)
I like all sorts of stuff, but among them are doom, stoner, death, traditional, thrash and black metal. I also enjoy all sorts of rock.

I play the guitar and I'm so-so at it, but it's a blast! Besides that I don't know what else to say, but I hope we can be friends!
Looking forward to meeting new people around here.

Biggie
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:38 pm 

Hello everyone,

I've been a very long time MA lurker - for almost 10 years, in fact. I've never until now felt partial to participating in the forum discussions, despite there having been many fascinating, entertaining &/or thought-provoking topics cropping up over the years. Mostly because I have little of value to add.

So I confess, I'm showing myself here primarily because I'm trying to give some much-needed exposure to the selling of my collection. Not in this thread, naturally.

Oh & I'll chime in time & again. You guys are nice, unlike the vast majority of the Internet. So yeah, looking forward to making conversations around here :)

Wizard1987
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:31 am 

Hi everyone, I created an account on Metal-Archives long time ago but, as you can see in the counter, I lately start to post messages on the forum.

My name is Francesco, I'm from Italy, my town is Matera (Basilicata) but now I live in Pisa (Tuscany) because of my job. I love death, thrash and black metal, especially old school stuff. I've started to use this forum because I find cool to keep contacts with metalheads from all over the world and discover underground bands, 'zines, concert etc.

My nickname is taken from a Black Sabbath song, maybe the first metal song I've listened long long time ago...

Cheers

VonKarpen
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:33 am 

I am a bloke living in Northern Finland in his mid-thirties. I play bass and have done a few albums and toured a bit. I am old school kinda guy, don't care about thrash, death, black or what have you, I'm into traditional heavy metal, doom and nwobhm. That is not to say I consider every new thing that's come out past the break-up of Venom's original lineup to be shit though, just vast majority of it.

Wheelworld
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:49 pm 

Hey guys, I'm a dude from Vantaa, Finland with too much free time on my hands. Metal is good, I quite like it. I come here in search of more Metal.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:55 pm 

Welcome, coins of metal, jingling in the social change purse.

shadowsama13
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:03 pm 

Heyo,
I'm Shadow-Sama. Or you can call me Zombie. Whatever. I like lots of kinds of music, but my favorite over-all genre is Metal. I joined to find some new stuff and explore on my own instead of letting my friends just make recommendations all the time.
I wanted to say thanks to you guys, I was able to attend Piratefest 2015 because of your wonderful listing of venues/shows/etc. (I got to see Swashbuckle's last show of the tour. Mwahaha.)

Like:
Folk Metal
Fiction/fantasy/scifi books
drawing pictures
zombies
Gaming (MTG, D&D, WH40k)

Dislike:
annoying shitheads.

Yeah. Pretty much sums it all up nicely.

CardsOfWar
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:51 am 

Welcome shadowsama13. Nice to see another MTG/D&D fan around here!

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:58 am 

Greetings to

• longtime lurker Biggie
• shadowsama13 the shithead smacker
• VonKarpen and Wheelworld, two more to add to our massive list of young Finns
• Fellow wop Wizard1987
• oldtimer Thrashageddon

DeadDaisy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:41 pm 

Hihi, I'm Daisy. I'm a junior in college in Portland, OR where everybody listens to quiet and whiny indie music. I mostly like black metal but not Burzum because Varg annoys the crap out of me. Venom is my favorite band at the moment.

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:03 am 

Welcome to all the new folks.

Diamhea wrote:
Greetings to

• oldtimer Thrashageddon

Wait..what? You mean I got competition?? :lol:

Like your reviews?

NewEnglandDoom
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:58 pm 

Greetings all,

My name is Patrick. I was born, raised & currently reside in the Greater Boston area, however, I will be moving to New Hampshire at some point this summer. As you can probably attain from my username, if it involves anything to do with doom, chances are I'll enjoy it. I also enjoy black metal, traditional/NWOBHM, OSDM & classic rock. I look forward to conversing with some like-minded people here.

Cheers,
Patrick

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140 ... 156  Next