Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:29 pm 

Sepulchral goathailz to Ancient Sunlight and SanctuaryCat Image
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

RuckuS014
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:50 am 

Bonjour !
I'm 19 years old, living in Paris and listening to metal for 8-9 years.
I'm studying art in highschool and I'm mostly a drawer and a huge dreamer but I like to drink and learn everything and anything, I also love nature and animals.

Surprisingly I discovered metal on TV (yes, yes even though I don't watch it anymore haha) with System of A Down, Slipknot and Korn. And today I listen to several bands and genre in metal (but Power Metal, not my cup of tea). But if you wanna have an idea of what I really really like into metal, my favourites bands are : Dying Fetus, Cattle Decapitation, Napalm Death, Bloodbath, Cannibal Corpse, Decapitated, Defeated Sanity, Aborted, Entrails, Necrophagist, Nile, Severe Torture, Beyond Creation...

Deathbreath666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:59 pm 

Hello brothers!
I am Deathbreath666 and I am from a religious hellhole in Kentucky!
Now I am living in a place where people shove their religion down everyone's throats,
Which is one reason why I hate religion,also it brings evil.
I love Death and Thrash metal, but also listen to heavy and black metal as well
I love to mosh and if you see me at a show in the Louisville or Nashville area, don't be afraid to say hello.
\m/

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:14 pm 

Greetings to all the new people that we can consume make friends with. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

napacione
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:51 pm 

If you seen Empryean Sky's page, Echo Hollow's page and Neutral Red I am the same author that are in their bios -- so I would be horror and science fiction author/publisher Nickolaus A. Pacione. I am not exactly a newbie the account with my old e-mail address went to hell and I lost my passwords. I did a review for Holy Blood in English on CDBaby.com and shared it in Russian via bing. I am closely tied to thrash metal because of my birthday and I immortalized Pantera in one of my anthologies. I am a short story writer who is looking for a few writers to help me round out an anthology that's an ensemble -- if you can do literary, dystopian (2020-2040s) and urban fantasy then creative nonfiction. I would love to see the hair metal'rs to prove me wrong that they can be literate. The writers I seek must be between 1973-1979 and class of 1997 wit the cut off. I have horror submissions up the wazoo and I am an advocate for a heavy metal band from Chicago -- you can see me speaking of them on two forums where they are linked to Deva snapping on twitter. If you want more details on this I work with CreateSpace.com as I had a heavy metal band that a friend on facebook.com pointed out to me as he's working on managing them -- I would like to have them do a show at The American Writer's Museum as I like heavy metal that's quite literate and thought-provoking.
Am I Making This Up?; article weighing in on a cyber-vangelist featuring a Reverbnation Playlist from a band I did a show with. Grigori 3. Tabloid Journalist; more like a Weird Historian/Publisher. This along with A Publisher's Confessional *play nice*

NoKnownName
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:12 am 

http://www.amazon.com/ss/customer-revie ... Descending

Just gonna leave this here.

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:14 am 

napacione wrote:
I am closely tied to thrash metal because of my birthday and I immortalized Pantera in one of my anthologies.

What?

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:21 am 

Bees?

NoKnownName
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:22 am 

You forgot the trigger warning.

napacione
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:22 am 

Cursarion wrote:
napacione wrote:
I am closely tied to thrash metal because of my birthday and I immortalized Pantera in one of my anthologies.

What?

August 3 1976 (me)
August 3, 1963 (Hetfield of Metallica.)

Tabloid Purposes IV is where I immortalized Pantera. If you want information on this short novelette -- drop me a message and I will give you more information. I was asking how I can get this in the hands of Pantera's surviving members because it brought Dimebag just one more time but in print because I reference Cemetery Gates. The story was a dark philosophical study on death examining life and sickness examining health. On the Metal promotion board where the band I found did a heavy metal song about The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving.

The band is Firestarter 82 and this place is acting weird with embedding the video -- can one of you moderators help me get the video working to help with my presentation? I have the band I am trying to get airplay in Chicago because this track lines up with my "Real Heavy Metal Reads" deal -- getting a new generation of metal heads appreciating what the older generation got into. The side of heavy metal where you were looking into the writers that inspired them. I am trying to get this band in the hands of of someone who is entrusted with everything relate to Washington Irving.
Am I Making This Up?; article weighing in on a cyber-vangelist featuring a Reverbnation Playlist from a band I did a show with. Grigori 3. Tabloid Journalist; more like a Weird Historian/Publisher. This along with A Publisher's Confessional *play nice*

Last edited by napacione on Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:43 am 

Nick, this is not the place to blatantly advertise your tertiary ventures. Glad to have you here, but if you are only here to push your personal agendas, this isn't going to end well.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

napacione
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:21 am 

That's not the the main reason why I am here -- I am advocating a heavy metal band who has a drummer with 1.5 arms. But I am a museum curator by sheer accident -- hard to explain that one unless you thumb around my blog as I go further in depth with my findings. I had seen a joke pull a book of mine that's an unauthorized version. Then a heavy metal band who the owner of True Metal Nation is the manager of and the thing that caught my attention is they did a track based off Washington Irving. I am here to help my roster too but when you see with Empyrean Sky and Echo Hollow I am not mentioned by name but when you put two and two together; you will make the connection. What I am also trying to do is trying to get a reading program in high schools as I have my key influence in my old high school as I am working on getting Richard Matheson into schools too.

How many can you say got into a side of heavy metal hardly anyone really talks about? The side that got them staying in school and getting good grades because they've seen where the hair bands went south when their subject matter dried up -- they didn't do what Blackie Lawless or Dee Snider did and that was get literate. That's how you can appreciate W.A.S.P. now as Blackie became more literate and more thought out with his lyrics. You have have to ask where did he learn how to go in that direction How many can say they built a book collection from their music tastes?

Neurosphere
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:50 pm 

Hi there. I figured I might as well sign up as I have been quite keen to write some reviews on a favourite past time of mine, listening to albums. I often use Metal Archives regularly and have done for a number of years now to check out new bands amongst other things.

InsaneSniper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:39 am 

Guess I'll introduce myself too.
My name's Adam, I'm a 19-year old student from Poland. I've been lurking around the Archives for some time now, but only registered a week ago. I'm into a lot of metal genres, but my clear favorites are thrash and progressive. Some of my favorite bands include Overkill, Psychotic Waltz, Gargoyle (a Japanese band), Coroner, Type O Negative, Gamma Ray and Fates Warning (especially the John Arch era). I've also been playing bass guitar for 3 years.

CardsOfWar
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:49 am 

InsaneSniper wrote:
Guess I'll introduce myself too.
My name's Adam, I'm a 19-year old student from Poland. I've been lurking around the Archives for some time now, but only registered a week ago. I'm into a lot of metal genres, but my clear favorites are thrash and progressive. Some of my favorite bands include Overkill, Psychotic Waltz, Gargoyle (a Japanese band), Coroner, Type O Negative, Gamma Ray and Fates Warning (especially the John Arch era). I've also been playing bass guitar for 3 years.

Welcome to the site from another relative newbie and fellow lover of Arch era FW.

Seriously, John Arch's head vocals are just magic, especially on the slower tracks.

corpsecry
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:31 pm 

Hi everyone,

New member here, similar story to the rest of you, i've been browsing and consulting the Metal Archives for a few years now, but only decided to register today.

I hail from Toronto, Canada, and have been listening to metal for about 6-7 years now. I can't really choose a favourite genre, I like a bit of everything I guess. The most recent concert I saw was King Diamond last month, and my next show is this Saturday with black metal band Sortilegia. I'm also seeing Manowar in New York sometime next year (the shows were postponed), as well as the Mayhem/Watain/Revenge show, Napalm Death/Voivod, Cannibal Corpse/Behemoth, and Piratefest 2015.

I'm looking forward to contributing to the community!

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:12 am 

Ah I have some friends in Toronto. Ever heard of the band Oneiromancy?

corpsecry
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:11 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
Ah I have some friends in Toronto. Ever heard of the band Oneiromancy?

If i'm not mistaken, I vaguely remember a band by that name playing the Toronto Wacken Metal Battle this year?

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:32 pm 

Yup that was them :P

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:01 am 

Corpsecry,
Greetings from a fellow Toronto-dweller.

My understanding is that oneiromancy have recently called it quits. itw as a good project and I kind of wish they'd been able to do more.
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:23 pm 

Yeah the drummer apparently cut it off and they couldn't find someone else to take his place and everybody moved onto other things. I am childhood friends with one of the guitarists.

UrsaMinor
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:48 am 

Morning bros.,

My name is John. I'm the lead singer of the psych/doom/sludge band Ichabod from Massachusetts, I joined the band back in 2011 but I've been active in the New England metal scene for over 20 years. When I'm not making noise with Ichabod I dabble in several other projects but nothing serious and I also contribute some of the little free time I have beyond work and family to Pro-Marijuana legalization & other political activism. I wouldn't put a label like conservative, liberal, libertarian, etc...I simply speak my mind and search for the truth that lies beyond polarizing labels.

Music is above all else my one consuming passion. Although I favor metal/rock above others I find talent and listenability in all genres, good music is good music, period.

Favorite bands currently:

Foo Fighters, Clutch, Blues Pills, Orange Goblin, Misery Index, Carbon Based Lifeforms, John Coltrane...I could go on forever.

Other interests: Combat sports [MMA/Boxing/Muay Thai/Brazilian Jiu Jitsu(purple belt under Renzo Gracie)] , avid hockey & baseball fan as well. I also enjoy world/political history/conspiracy theories, Sci-Fi & horror movies, and [adult swim] cartoons.

despair14
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:59 am 

How do I earn points? I just don`t know

despair14
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:51 pm 

So i pretty much stink at writing so i`ll probably stay at 0 points.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:52 pm 

Site points are earned by site edits and flagging valid reports. Read the guidelines.

Last.fm

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:59 pm 

I personally got all my points by having sex with Nightgaunt.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:19 pm 

Can I get the link to that video?

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:47 pm 

Viewing even a fraction of a second of that film would have the same effect as ten thousand years of reading every Elder Scroll over and over without a moment of sleep.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:37 pm 

That's a chance I'm willing to take!

Azmodes wrote:

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:40 pm 

The aftermath:

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:58 pm 

My Tony, what beautiful golden locks you have.

Azmodes wrote:

nightwishxdreamtheater
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:29 am 

Hi, I'm new here. My name is Maria. I'm a senior in high school. My favorite genres of metal are symphonic, thrash, power and progressive metal. I love Nightwish and Dream Theater the most as my username suggests but I also like listening to Metallica, Epica, Kamelot, Skillet, Within Temptation, Avantasia, Symphony X, Sirenia, Delain and Ensiferum. I just started listening to metal two months ago, but I'm really in love with the genre and would love suggestions, though I'd rather steer clear from black metal. I play the piano and guitar, and secretly dream of singing in a symphonic/power metal band. My favorite song is The Poet and the Pendulum by Nightwish. If you haven't heard it already, go listen to it right away. It's beautiful in so many ways.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3ntHpYocc0

Sinister Intents
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:31 pm 

Hello everyone. I'm Julia and I'm from New York. I listen to almost predominantly death metal of various forms. I don't particularly care for slam or deathcore, but I've found bands amongst those that I like for example Molotov Solution and Turbidity. It's great to come here, I thoroughly love this site and I've known about it for years, but I've never checked the forum out until today

traditiondieshere
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:49 am 

My name is Kyle, I am a black and death metal aficionado, with hundreds of CDs, tapes, and records in my collection. Some of my favorite bands include Internal Decay, Wombbath, Deinonychus, Abigor, Obtained Enslavement, Funeral, Thorr's Hammer, and many, many, others.

I've been using metal archives extensively for the last 9 years or so, but definitely skipped over this forum for far too long. I've been in a BM band, and am proud that it has its own MA page. My roots are in underground hardcore and punk, but my tastes have evolved over the years. I appreciate classical, blues, and many other genres, aside from metal, hardcore, etc. I look forward to chatting with everybody!

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:16 am 

G'day Maria, Julia, and Kyle. I hope you all have a nice experience here. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

~Guest 346608
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:35 pm 

I'm from Brazil and started to get into metal recently;
So far I'm mostly listening to the big bands like Megadeth/Black Sabbath and some death metal.

I've registered so I can discover some new bands and really get more into metal.

Hyperlink Error
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:41 pm 

I got into extreme metal about 4 years ago, with my appreciation of the genre growing ever since. Decided to join the archives to write reviews and use the forums, people with a legitimate interest in metal are rare down here in Dallas.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:02 am 

Welcome. :)

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:07 pm 

gzorze_ wrote:
I've registered so I can discover some new bands and really get more into metal.

An excellent idea. Be sure to visit Recommendation Central in Music Talk, as well as use the Advanced Search found below the search window/menu on the main page. Happy hunting!

Niklas Sanger
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:46 pm 

Hello my name is Nick, I'm 21 years old living in the United States. I joined this site because I appreciate all kinds of music, but am always trying to discover something new. I like alot of bands, too many to list but my favorite is Opeth. I also play drums and guitar but I'm not that great.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139 ... 156  Next