Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
davidw00t
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:38 pm 

Hey, I'm David and I love metal. I still feel like a newbie to it as there are a lot of well-known bands I haven't listened to extensively...but luckily I got past the "listen to one band for months on end" phase so that I could broaden my metal horizons. :) I'm currently learning how to play guitar, so that I can make and record metal.

Ohrwurm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:49 pm 

davidw00t wrote:
but luckily I got past the "listen to one band for months on end" phase so that I could broaden my metal horizons.

That's supposed to be a phase? Damnit...

last.fm

Red_Death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:22 pm 

Hey people,

I'm a mid twenties (27 to be precise) guy from Croatia, obviously a metal afficionado. It's been quite a while since I got introduced to this amazing world of music (wouldn't want to remember just how long has it been, don't want to feel old :D), though I enjoy other forms of music as well (mostly classic rock, some jazz, classical, some kinds of pop music, especially hardcore punk and derived forms - which make a juicy combination with metal - etc.).

Of my metal, it would be easier to list genres I tend to dislike. That being, though definitely not to the point of not standing anything produced within the paradigm, euro-power (think Stratovarius; it seems to me that there's a noticeable difference from one band to another here, e.g. I enjoy myself a dose of Gamma Ray for instance) and gothic metal.

Other than that, I'm majoring in English and Comparative Literature, and I don't feel like typing anymore :D

cetacean
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:59 pm 

I'm a newb. Sup.

Also I play guitar and keyboards in a stoner band with no recordings or anything online because I refuse to post anything until we make a recording that doesn't suck cadavertits.

Pleased to meet you.
Why do you have come here. I didn't know where go, I was cold, You have heated me, I was hungry, you have eated me, I was afraid, now i doesn't have some. This is my kingdom, now it is also your. I am your debtor, ask that than you want. “I wan't your life, I desire your soul”.

higareda
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:38 pm 

hi there, i'm new here, i'm from Mexicali B.Cfa, i'm 21 by the way.

I like:

-Kickboxing (and similars) and running around my nearest park.
-Metal and anything that sounds good to me (mostly rock by the way, some punk/hardcore, experimental music), death metal being my favorite genre.
-Girls

I dislike:

-Dumbness and dumb music (in my country there's something called "narcocorridos" try it out on google and you'll see what i'm talking about)
-hypocrite people
-smoking (any kind of shit)

Neutral with:

-Drinking
-Gay people (i'm not, if they respect me, i'll respect them)

JopR
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:30 pm 

Hello there,

I'm an almost 30 year old guy from the Netherlands. Started listening to metal when I was 13 or 14, first Rhapsody and Roots by Sepultura. The first album I bought was Virtual XI from Iron Maiden, the second album was an original pressing from Merciless The Awakening. After that it went quickly from bad to worse, I really like black, death and some doom and thrash.

Other hobbies are boxing, gaming and other stuff.

Cheers.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:50 pm 

higareda wrote:
hi there, i'm new here, i'm from Mexicali B.Cfa, i'm 21 by the way.

Neutral with:

-Gay people (i'm not, if they respect me, i'll respect them)

You are shooting yourself in the foot with that one though, as no gay person would respect someone with a standpoint like that. Ergo, you are actually disrespecting gay people.

Stop talking about groups of people as if they were a optional faction in an mmo

ols
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:59 pm 

Hello everyone. Ols here. I have found MA to be a vastly useful site for researching new bands, as I am sure many of you would agree. Decided to start posting in the forums as a result. I live in TN, USA, and I mostly enjoy Black, Doom, and Death, though I am by no means hold a militantly kvlt attitude and enjoy other forms of music as well, so long as the writing is quality. I am a guitarist currently trying to put together a doom metal outfit and am currently writing a solo black metal project and doing a split with another band at the time of this writing. Anyways, I hope to contribute what I can to this community in any way I can. Always for the love of metal :)

Fromage_Qui_Pue
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:23 pm 

Hi everyone, i'm a 21 years old lady from France. I've join MA 'cause to my mind it's the more complete metal website and i hope to discover good stuff (and people?) on it and to contribute to the website.
I like: Brutal Death, Death Metal, Grindcore, Hardcore, Deathcore, Unblack, Open-minded people.
I don't like: Heavy Metal, Visual Kei, People who thinks you're stupid when you don't think like them.
Cheers

FlynnEatsBreakfast
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:15 am 

Greetings fellow metalheads. I'm mostly a lurker but I'll post when I feel compelled. I mostly listen to black, death, and doom (in their many varieties) but also a little bit of just about everything in the realm of metal music. See ya guys around!

dingodango
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:31 am 

I tried signing up about half a million times over the past year or two, but I never received the confirmation email on either of my main accounts. I finally used a shitty throwaway account with a shitty username so I could make a post and now I plan on sticking around and making more of them.

If anyone frequents the last.fm games/general discussion forums, you probably already know me as noodle_man.

Lord Atherton
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:17 pm 

Hello, I am Lord Atherton and I hail from Canada.

First post. Been peeking through this site for a few hours and decided to register. Will probably be sharing this account with my boyfriend because he is probably going to want to register his band here or something, but I really love this site so far.

Black metal, Death metal, Thrash metal - in that order are my faves.

slave2satan
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:34 pm 

fucking black sabbath? really?

Maxeffect6
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:54 pm 

Hail! My name is Maxwell. I am from Boise, Idaho.

I have joined the forums because I think that this is the best website ever created. It has shown me so many new bands and helped me define my taste in metal. I hope to learn a lot of new things, meet some new people, and further expand my tastes for metal.

Favorite Genres:
Black Metal
Death Metal
Thrash Metal
And all corresponding subgenres.

Favorite Bands:
Immortal
Behemoth
Slayer
Destroyer 666
Necrophobic
Many others...

Send me a message. I'm always down for good conversation.

Angbandian
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:35 pm 

Hello there, I am Angbandian. I hail from Angband. I want to clarify although I am young and my rank is "metalcore kid", I do not listen to any heavy metal or core in-real-life. I only listen to metal that is not sludge, punk, 80's, or core. I favor things such as black/death/folk/ambient/pagan stuff.

I am happy to be on the metal archives and I will do my best to be worthy of existing within the metal community. I do not believe "anything not on the archives isnt metal." But i am happy to be among people who actually have good taste in metal... i mean, "music"... and I am proud to be in the community.

sidmaximus
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:36 am 

Hi, I'm Sid

I'm from Philippines, so that makes me a Filipino. I came here to seek different opinions on different topics and learn things.

I have a broad musical taste. I listen to Heavy Metal, Power Metal, Death Metal, (some) Black Metal, (some) Pop, and 90's mainstream rock.

I'm a 90's guy. I've been first exposed to heavy music in the late 90's. I will not mention any bands from that time, but let's just say 'mainstream rock/metal' at that time. So that's the thing that sticks to me until now.

But as I grew older, I found more genre along the way and my musical appreciation has matured compared in the past.

I sing. I sing a lot. I sing all the time, there's nothing spectacular with my voice though. I'm a bland Michael Kiske-imitator.

See ya.

Lord_Brendan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:28 am 

Angbandian wrote:
Hello there, I am Angbandian. I hail from Angband. I want to clarify although I am young and my rank is "metalcore kid", I do not listen to any heavy metal or core in-real-life. I only listen to metal that is not sludge, punk, 80's, or core. I favor things such as black/death/folk/ambient/pagan stuff.

I am happy to be on the metal archives and I will do my best to be worthy of existing within the metal community. I do not believe "anything not on the archives isnt metal." But i am happy to be among people who actually have good taste in metal... i mean, "music"... and I am proud to be in the community.

We all begin as Mallcore Kids on here. Just a joke :lol:
Hmm, I actually wouldn't mind buying him a sauna if it would reduce the odds of me getting infected by his excess sensitive-skin flakes that get blown off in the wind. I don't want to turn into a cunt.

Leluke
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:25 pm 

Hello, I'm Astrid from Norway.

I joined because I needed help keeping track of all the bands I listen to, because my memory is absolute shit.
I also hope I'll discover loads of great new bands here and so on...

Johnny82
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:26 pm 

Greetings! ...from the Bay Area (California, USA).

I grew up in the late 80's and early 90's listening to heavy and speed metal, as well as rock. I love classic 60's and 70's rock, and even some 90's stuff too, but 80's metal will always be my favorite genre. You can view my favorite bands in my profile.

The first metal album I ever bought was Iron Maiden "Live After Death" on cassette back in '91 or '92. I was around 10-11 years old. They've remained my favorite band of all-time ever since.

I'm currently listening to (and trying to hunt down on CD) the Sabbath albums with Tony Martin (87-90, 94). Fantastic stuff!

And that's about it, I guess.

Ganondox
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:28 am 

Hello, I'm Ganondox. I'm not sure if I'm more accurately described as a metalhead or a rocker, because while I like range of music, most my preferred music is in the moderately heavy range, definitely not extreme metal if it's even metal. Some of my favorite bands which are in the archives include Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, In Flames, Nightwish, Blind Guardian and Devin Townsend. Aside from metal, I also like alternative, prog, punk, basically rock in general. Just as a warning, I'm one of those people who has been to lead to think Metal Archives is run by a bunch of elitists who won't recognize metal if it bit them on the ass, definitely not someone who believes that anything not in the archives is not metal, but I'm open minded, so I hope this community proves tolerable and I'll have a warm stay here. There is lots of good information here :) . I can also be a bit of an asshole, so if you see me being an asshole, politely alert me.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:51 pm 

Welcome aboard Ganondox, Leluke, and Johnny82! :beer:
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Johnny82
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:17 pm 

Thanks man! Cheers!! :beer:

Cicatrice
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:00 pm 

Hey, I'm Shawn. I'm a 20 year old male. I'm a huge MUSIC fan. Not limited to only metal, but that's what a majority of my collection happens to be. Anyway, I'm a bit out of the metal loop, life has gotten in the way, and I've fallen way behind on new releases. That being said I'm a huge black metal, and doom/sludge/stoner fan. I'm looking to acquire some knowledge on new releases and bands. And maybe even some older ones that I've left fall through the cracks and never checked out. As you can likely tell by the username I'm a huge Gris fan. Anyway, if there's anything you want to know feel free to ask.

gorgonsisterhood
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:16 pm 

I'm Jessa, a 25 year old from Western Pennsylvania. I'm an avid beard enthusiast, hand embroiderer, hoochie-hoop wearing record collector. MY favorite genres are doom, funeral doom, crust, sludge, and black but I'm pretty open.
My favorite bands include: Dystopia, Noothgrush, Graves at Sea, Lurker of Chalice, Thou, Burning Witch, Sleep, Electric Wizard, Weakling, Goatsnake, Chelsea Wolfe, Grief, Eagle Twin, Amebix, and so forth.
I have a tumblr, veilofdisillusion and a last.fm, double_sunns
Hi.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:21 pm 

Welcome to all the newbies, if you have any inquiries, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Cicatrice, cool of you to like Gris so much :)

gorgonsisterhood, I added you on last.fm, glad you're a beard fan!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:22 pm 

Excellent list of bands, gorgonsisterhood. Especially Dystopia, Electric Wizard, Goatsnake and Amebix - some of my favourite stuff ever.

And yes, Gris is awesome. Been meaning to write a review for their 2007 release.

raph77
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:04 pm 

Hi

I'm raph, 43 years old, metalhead since the age of 13. (it took me some time to find this topic)

I am French and what else can I say...I don't play guitar anymore, I'm a vinyl and cd collector but will surely get rid off my vinyl collection one of these days.

I hope I didn't break the rules of the forum as I posted twice before finding this topic.

from lead to gold...we are metal

Erdrickgr
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:26 pm 

gorgonsisterhood wrote:
I'm Jessa, a 25 year old from Western Pennsylvania....

Excellent. We need more western Pennsylvanians on here. Welcome!

Knoterror
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:37 pm 

Hey there, I'm Josh from MA (that's in the U.S.A), I'm 19 and I've probably had this account for over a year but I've only posted like twice, mostly lurking. I've been playing bass for a little over two years, (just made the jump from 4 to 6 strings) and I'm mostly a death metal fan/player. I thoroughly enjoy reading bad album reviews, even for albums I like because they are works of art.
I love Immolation.

Cabecao
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:08 pm 

Hi all, I'm a 30+ metalhead with a collection of over 1500 cds. My tastes in metal cover the whole spectrum but thrash is the first genre I liked. There's something about that sweet sound of the chugga chug riff that is timeless.
I live in Australia and when not working I regularly get twisted into knots by participating in the wonderful art of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

Fave band: Cavalera era Sepultura

I'm always looking for new bands to check out.

swallowthesun666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:33 pm 

Hello,

My name is Ari (just to keep it simple) I sorta know how this site works I come here all the time most of the time offline. I like to say that I'm pretty green to posting and writing reviews which I hope to do soon. Anyways I'm a 19 (almost 20) year old College student living in the great Appalachian mountains in North Carolina, First time living on my own and ready for the world! I been into metal since I was about 11 first show I've been to was when my father took my older sister to see Agalloch and of course I went. I enjoy all sorts of music mostly in the metal realm of course such things as Black metal, Blackgaze, Depressive Black metal, Melodic death metal, Gothic, Death-Doom metal, Funeral, Experimental death/black metal, and some folk. That's it when it comes to metal :)!

I also enjoy writing a lot of short stories and poetry in my free time maybe I can share it on here. I'm a outdoors kind of person rock climbing and mountain biking. You get the picture one of the many things that I enjoy doing also is drinking all sorts of hot teas, craft beers, and red wines. I take my religion pretty serious if you want to call it that a true devote of nature...Well you have it a little something about me.

I hope one day soon I can get acquainted with a good number of you and maybe share ideas or become friends.

Thank you, for your time.

PS: Not your typical "metalhead" honestly I hate that term a lot because I think it's very much misused.

Eternal_Gloom
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:00 am 

Greetings. My name is Peter, I come from the dark Balkan woods of Bulgaria and I am 17 years of age. I mainly enjoy Doom metal and most of its variations (Doom/Death, Gothic/Doom, Funeral etc...), Old School Death metal, Black metal, Darkwave/Post-punk/Gothic rock, Ambient and honestly many other kinds of music, but the accent of my interest is rooted in the sombre and gloomy musical realms... I collect tapes (the best format format for me!), cd's, vinyls and slowly build a collection, I'm currently trying to make it alphabetical... Besides Metal and music in general, I enjoy doing all kinds of art (although I'm far from perfect) - Photography, Drawing, I play the acoustic/electric guitar and keyboards (currently alone (with occasional jams with friends)), but I have a growing idea and a very vast conception for a band which I will form soon. I love the woods, the mountains, being around nature in general, long walks, lonely wanderings in obscure places, graveyards, historical landmarks and ancient ruins... Other interests include: some Gaming, artful, beautiful movies, lucid dreams, history (mainly ancient and medieval) and one of my main hobbies - reading (from Nietszche to Tolkien and from Kafka to Lovecraft... truly a lot of stuff I find fascinating for me). In my leisure time I also like to write (mainly poetry) and fragmentary prose in my creative diary (I draw musical and literary influence from the Romantic and Symbolic period). I joined this very useful website because I wanted to sort my Metal collection more easily and because it's very helpful sometimes (it's even my first bookmark...) - in my opinion one of the best places dedicated to this music in the Internet. I plan to start writing reviews soon (mainly for Bulgarian bands). I am usually not a very sociable person, but I'll try to post here more often as most of the time I only lurk and read maybe because I feel that most of the things are already said...

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:51 am 

Greetings! There's at least one other Bulgarian guy who posts here (mainly in the Musicians' Forum) and we're glad to have another.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

MasterOfSin
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:35 am 

hi, i'm from portugal.
my arrival to metal was a strange coincidence, in the year of 1999 of the modern era, was a crazy year for music lovers, yes, because an application called Napster that make me stay awake night by night. I'm (and was) a big fan of new age, and i was looking a band called Lësiem, but i couldn't remember the name of the band, so i resolve to write the word "chant" in latin (Cantus) thinking in the possibility the album had a track with that word, but napster gave me only one result Cantus from the band Faith and the Muse.
Faith And The Muse, is a darkwave with many influences (is a unique band), but especially, gothic, once in the gothic world wasn't difficult to arrive Nightwish (Oceanborn (1998), Angels Fall First (1997)), Lacuna Coil (In A Reverie (1999)), The Gathering (Mandylon (1995), Nighttime Birds (1997)), Within Temptation (Enter (1997)), and much others, like Lacrimosa, Theatre Of Tragedy, Haggard, Therion.
When some day i decide to change the wave and started with Symphonic Power Metal, After Forever, Edenbridge, Epica, Kamelot, Rhapsorulli, etc.
And now i like to listen all included in Symphonic/Orchestral/Operatic/Medodic Black/Power/Heavy/Doom/Gothic/Stoner/NeoClassical/Folk/Speed/Progressive Metal, and i little of Death and Thrash.

CGB_Spender
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:02 pm 

Hi

I am from Toronto, Ontario. I've been listening to metal since I was 14 years old. I actually got into metal through rap, believe it or not. Long story short, my first favourite band was Linkin Park (I know, it's gross isn't it?). Well I was into rap for some reason in elementary school, and LP's incorporation of rap got me into them. That was my first taste in heavy music, if you consider LP heavy.

Anyway, I heard about Metallica through LP, because they mentioned they were influenced by them. So a friend recommended Enter Sandman and Master of Puppets. That night changed my life, and I knew my righteous path was the one of metal. Master of Puppets was far superior to Enter Sandman and still is. I didn't even know at the time Enter Sandman was their "sell out" song. So, I guess I had a natural taste for pure metal.

For years I only listened to thrash metal such as Metallica, Slayer, MegaDeth and a bit of Iron Maiden. That was pretty much all I listened to in high school. Well, in 2010 I finally decided to give death metal a try. I never thought I would get into it, I couldn't stand the vocals, just sounded like burps and growls to me. But I started listening to Death, which in my opinion, is a good bridge between thrash and death metal.

Beyond Death, I didn't explore death metal much. It wasn't until I started playing the table top game Warhammer, I discovered the death metal band Bolt Thrower, who sing about the game a bit. I was intrigued by their lyrical themes, and album artwork. This is when I really began to grow an interest in death metal. A friend then showed me Deicide and Cannibal Corpse. Now death metal is my most favoured genre!! I've become a happier person now, I can go to more shows, since I've broadened my taste. Thrash bands rarely visit us in Toronto, but death metal bands seem to play here and there.

Well, I hope my story didn't bore you all to death. Thanks for reading, and keep on rottin' in the free world!

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:08 am 

Greetings from italy!
First of all i have to say thank you to all the moderators and the coders for creating the amazing resource that Encyclopedia Metallum is:
thanks to this site i've discovered countless bands and i've broaden my musical tastes by a lot!

I'm a big fan of metal in all his possible forms: oldschool, modern, raw, aggressive, atmospheric, progressive, fast, doomy.. i've got no prejudices!
i've started to listen metal in the high school (the classic albums of Iron maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Bathory, Black Sabbath) then thanks to this site i started to delve into the unique sounds of bands such as Voivod, Sigh, Enslaved and i discovered forgotten rare gems of the underground and new killer albums for my collection

I've also interest in music outside metal: i listen a lot of classical, IDM, prog rock, post-punk, neofolk, trip hop, world music, jazz fusion..

i also play guitar in a band: Wrathcult. We play melodic death metal not influenced by the Gothemburg scene but by bands such as King diamond, Later-era Death, Sigh, Immortal..

Well, i hope i did'nt bore you! Thanks a lot and see you all in the forum!

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:27 pm 

Greetings CGB_Spender (Nice name! Love the X-Files) and Morn of Solace! :beer:

If you ever see the local Toronto band Oneiromancy, their guitarist is a childhood friend me mine. I shaped him into the metalhead he is today!
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Lord_Brendan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:17 am 

Morn Of Solace wrote:
Greetings from italy!
First of all i have to say thank you to all the moderators and the coders for creating the amazing resource that Encyclopedia Metallum is:
thanks to this site i've discovered countless bands and i've broaden my musical tastes by a lot!

I'm a big fan of metal in all his possible forms: oldschool, modern, raw, aggressive, atmospheric, progressive, fast, doomy.. i've got no prejudices!
i've started to listen metal in the high school (the classic albums of Iron maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Bathory, Black Sabbath) then thanks to this site i started to delve into the unique sounds of bands such as Voivod, Sigh, Enslaved and i discovered forgotten rare gems of the underground and new killer albums for my collection

I've also interest in music outside metal: i listen a lot of classical, IDM, prog rock, post-punk, neofolk, trip hop, world music, jazz fusion..

i also play guitar in a band: Wrathcult. We play melodic death metal not influenced by the Gothemburg scene but by bands such as King diamond, Later-era Death, Sigh, Immortal..

Well, i hope i did'nt bore you! Thanks a lot and see you all in the forum!

Welcome, we share a LOT of similar music taste, metal and others
Hmm, I actually wouldn't mind buying him a sauna if it would reduce the odds of me getting infected by his excess sensitive-skin flakes that get blown off in the wind. I don't want to turn into a cunt.

TripeOverload
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:57 pm 

Hullo, folks. I'm Gene from Romania, 25 years old, vet student... not that I am new to metal (haw haw), I used to have an account on MA till several years ago and my mail address fucked up. Then I got busy with all sorts of other things - beaver, booze, faculty and all that jazz. Now I'm back in bizniss, probably until my next e-mail fuck-up, though I hope not, it's an ordeal to make up all sorts of fucking IDs. I have fond memories of folks such as droneriot (dunno what happened to the guy's reviews, guess he went Heidegger on that ass) and others... who sometimes complained about my shitty reviews, now I'll try to make my reviews at least one bit less shitty.

Now, talking about music: I loathe radio stations, so I'm 99% into research for finding stuff to listen to. I really dig the 60's-70's pop/rock and psychedelic and progressive (sans Beatles, fuck those overrated muffins): Country Joe, Monks, Velvet Underground, Ronettes, Dick Dale, Atlantics, Link Wray, Fugs, Stones, Love, Hendrix, the Dead, Steppenwolf, Soft Machine, Zappa, Beefheart, Atomic Rooster, Cream, Yardbirds, Crimson (less) etc. Also love jazz from folks like Trane, Ayler, Dolphy, Gillespie, Monk, Powell, Parker, Clifford Brown, Art Blakey, Tal Farlow, Peter Brotzmann, John Zorn, Evan Parker, Frank Lowe and so on, punk and 80's and 90's stuff like Public Image Ltd., Scratch Acid, Exploited, Subhumans, Big Black, Pop Group, Birthday Party, Lubricated Goat, Raybeats, Silverfish, Live Skull, Swans, Cocteau Twins, Cows, Butthole Surfers, Siege, Unsane, Doom.

As for my metal preferences, I've always loved Immolation's albums until Unholy Cult (used to like that a lot too, but time had its word), Sigh's works up to Hangman's Hymn, Fleurety, Slayer's 80's stuff, and certain albums from bands like Black Sabbath, Cathedral, Sacramentum, Blut Aus Nord, Osculum Infame, Hirilorn, Destruction, Darkthrone (A Blaze... has remained my all-time black metal favorite), Graveland, Root, Kreator, Sodom, Mutiilation, Chasm, Belketre (still love Ambre Zuerkl Vuordrevardtre), Vio-Lence, Boris, Melvins, Vulcano, Hellhammer, Celtic Frost, Lugubrum, Cephalic Carnage, Circle Of Dead Children, Brutal Truth, Cryptopsy, Psychotic Waltz, Razor, Manilla Road, Virgin Steele, Svest, Moonblood, Defeated Sanity, Carcass, Amebix, Katharsis, Morbid Angel, !T.O.O.H.!, Obituary, Autopsy, Mortum, Abaddon Incarnate, Belenos etc.

My hobbies include collecting comics (60's and 70's underground comics are my great love, but it's true that I often prefer Fantagraphics' great reprints of classic authors, and I'm not really into superhero shiznit unless it's got graphics from the past time greats), swimming and reading various stuff - I'm usually quite reticent to contemporary literature.

That's it, hope I didn't stretch out too bad, just wanted to be as open as possible. :p (Missed this forum a lot)

Mutterficker
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:39 am 

Hello, I'm Mutterficker. I hail from Hamburg, Germany and my introduction to metal began with Electric Wizard in 2002. I stick mostly with doom metal, though if not that I'm probably listening to some freaky avant-garde genre or anarchocommie punk. I have been known on occasion to harass people by blaring black metal however.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 156  Next