Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
dreamsofeschaton
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:06 am 

Hey guys. I love Manilla Road as you can tell by my username. But my absolute favorite band is Type O Negative. I'm kind of a junkie when it comes to traditional/power metal in general. And I love doom and tons of black metal too.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:34 pm 

dreamsofeschaton, you'll fit right in mate.

Greetings and welcome, Patrick!
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Jewel Throne
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:28 pm 

Hi Metalheads , A big hello from France .
I' m a fan of Black Sabbath , Hellhammer/Celtic Frost/Triptykon , Mercyful Fate and King Diamond , Candlemass , Venom but also Rainbow ,Van Halen , Motörhead , Judas Priest , Rammstein , Nightwish , Iron Maiden ...
see you soon through these threads !

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:26 pm 

Hail Jewel and welcome. Cool choice of bands to like. Hope you find many more bands to like here. :metal:

Like your reviews?

ratedgdr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:23 pm 

Hello from Northeast Wisconsin. It took me long enough but I finally stopped procrastinating and registered to join the site.

I listen to a lot of everything, so my tastes may be too diverse to list without leaving something out.

Hopefully by joining the forum, I can discover more great metal to enjoy.

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:46 pm 

Welcome aboard! There are plenty of people here with knowledge of all genres for you to learn from. Enjoy! :metal:

Like your reviews?

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:42 pm 

DeadDaisy wrote:
Hihi, I'm Daisy. I'm a junior in college in Portland, OR where everybody listens to quiet and whiny indie music. I mostly like black metal but not Burzum because Varg annoys the crap out of me. Venom is my favorite band at the moment.

Why does Varg annoy you? Also, Portland has a great music scene?

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:15 am 

Howdy ratedgdr! Feel free to message me if you need help with anything, and welcome!

BonziBaddy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:42 pm 

Hello all, I've been using this site for years now but I haven't really gotten around to making an account until today. I grew up listening to Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, and things of that nature, thanks to my parents. I began to get further into metal in about fifth grade, and now I pretty much listen to anything. Some of my favorites include Iron Maiden (of course), In Flames, Immortal, Blind Guardian, Bathory, Slayer, Summoning, Amon Amarth, Kataklysm, Dark Tranquility, and Enslaved. When I'm not listening to metal, I'm listening to EDM, preferably trance. However, I'm usually listening to metal! I usually listen to a few albums a day, usually while I play video games (Preferably on PC, I use Steam). I look forward to finally being a part of this community, despite the fact that I'm probably not going to do much. I may review a few albums as they come out, but that's it. I have a huge list of new albums to listen to, constantly growing, so I'm probably not going to run out for a while. When I do, I have three Pandora channels completely filled with songs; one for bands I know I like, one for Black/Power metal I want to try out, and one for Tech Death/Thrash/NWOBHM bands I've wanted to listen to.

JediSpam
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:28 am 

Long time lurker. Started listening to "Nu Metal" in junior high with bands like Slipknot, Disturbed Etc. Stumbled upon Decapitated's Spheres of Madness on Earache Record's website back in 2002 and the rest is history. Appreciate all the work people have put in this website and how incredible it is. I plan on doing reviews soon for albums!

Sinfulsot
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:46 pm 

This is a gratuitous post count post.

TheRagingChaos
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:20 pm 

Hey guys!

Really long time lurker here! Hell, even my account was created 1 years ago and never posted anything... So, a big hello from Montreal, Canada.

I mostly like black and death metal. Power is definitly not for me :P Besides that, I'm into video games, hot sauces and astrophotography! Looking forward to hang online with you!

Cheers,
Phil

Lord Atramentous
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:02 am 

Hails from the Philippines to all my metal brethren! Long time lurker but decided to create an account to put a page for my bands. Mostly I'm into black, death, doom, and thrash but really as long as it's metal and it's good, I like it.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:20 am 

Welcome longtime lurkers Lord Atramentous and JediSpam!

Greetings Sinfulsot, beware of gratuitous post-whoring, lest we change your user title into something more appropriate!

Hail to BonziBaddy. A fine starting taste you have there, now let's expand and broaden your metal horizons!

Spoiler: show
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Odin AllFather
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:02 am 

Hi, I'm new here.

I love this website and I am learning more about metal on a daily basis.

I read it at the office and frequently have to switch back to white pages when I am pretending to work.

The black background fucks my eyes up.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:26 pm 

Odin AllFather wrote:
The black background fucks my eyes up.

You're free of the carbonite. Your eyesight will return in time.

luismilanese
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:57 pm 

Hello folks,

I have been a M.A. visitor for over ten years, I used to have an account which I submitted some bands but I forgot its password.
Anyways, name's Luis, I'm from São Paulo/Brazil. I mostly listen to Thrash, Heavy and Death Metal, besides some classic rock bands such as KISS, Rush and etc.

Mr_TagoMago
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:08 pm 

Hello folks! I used to be a big metal head but pretty much have ignored the genre and lately explored genres like avant garde, industrial, and electronic. I decided to join here in an attempt to rekindle my interest in the metal genre as I'm feeling quite nostalgic.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:29 pm 

Mr_TagoMago wrote:
Hello folks! I used to be a big metal head but pretty much have ignored the genre and lately explored genres like avant garde, industrial, and electronic. I decided to join here in an attempt to rekindle my interest in the metal genre as I'm feeling quite nostalgic.

Welcome, and stop making crappy threads! Use the search function when in doubt.

Last.fm

Mr_TagoMago
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:08 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
Mr_TagoMago wrote:

Welcome, and stop making crappy threads! Use the search function when in doubt.

?

Brainded Binky
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:39 pm 

Hey what's up? I've been listening to metal ever since I was in high school. I've also been into classic rock bands like Styx and Boston. I used to dabble in the "80's hair bands" before discovering Metallica and Judas Priest. Ever since then, I've been listening to practically everything from Blue Oyster Cult to Bathory.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:06 am 

Welcome, and belated greetings!

TheSorrowfulNorth
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:38 pm 

Hello,
I'm Jesse. A long time user of this site, since my high school years, but never created an account. I created an account now in order to do reviews for albums. I grew up on black metal but these days I mainly listen to traditional death metal. Most of the time you'll find me playing Bloodborne or Diablo 3 and listening to riffs whilst I slaughter.

BloodMoonRising
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:59 pm 

Hello, everyone. I'm totally not that psycho killer/raving lunatic Serbian guy that pestered people here about a month ago... Anyway, I definitely overstepped some boundaries back then (sorry about that) but I think I'm finally done with snapping, so here's to new beginnings (I hope).

Cheers.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:27 pm 

BloodMoonRising wrote:
Hello, everyone. I'm totally not that psycho killer/raving lunatic Serbian guy that pestered people here about a month ago... Anyway, I definitely overstepped some boundaries back then (sorry about that) but I think I'm finally done with snapping, so here's to new beginnings (I hope).

Cheers.

Welcome back, hope you're doing alright.

~Guest 359103
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:41 am 

Hello ppl of Metallum. I've known about this site for quite a while now, I think I remember the first band I looked up here was Melvins wich I still love to this day. I practically use this site erryday, looking up tons of bands, their lyrics and their reviews which I love to read. So I finally decided to register and join the community 'cause I simply love this place so freakin' much. I'll be making reviews too since it's one of the things I love most about this site.

Anyway so I'm mainly into black metal, post-metal, sludge, funeral doom, death doom, post-rock, screamo, powerviolence and crust.

BloodMoonRising
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:41 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Welcome back, hope you're doing alright.

Thanks, man, never been better.

It's good to be back.

Rosenthorn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:00 am 

Hi.

I'm here because I use this site a lot to look up bands, but I'm just now dipping my toes into the waters of what this site has to offer.

Hope to see everyone around, and apologies in advance if I inadvertently misinterpret some rule or something of that nature.

Oh, I also like metal. I guess that's kinda a given.

Obey the dolphin!

BloodMoonRising
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 2:14 pm 

Oh, and I forgot to add:

I like pleasure spiked with pain.

VikingWolf
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:20 pm 

Hello - I'm VikingWolf. I'm 17, I live in NY, I play bass, and I do death/black metal vocals. I don't know what else to write, so there you go.

Nerul
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 3:26 am 

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum (but not new to the site). Usually I come here to dig into some band but since the community is quite large I'm looking to be a part of it. Sorry if my English is not perfect, I'm Italian (sadly...).
Usually I listen to any variation of Black/Death/Doom, but my favourite is Black/Atmospheric Black metal and similar. I like music the evokes something in my mind. I'm a drum player and a singer (currently playing drum for two bands).
I also like movies, mostly horror, oriental and I've a passionate love for B movies. I read a lot of comics and books of any kind. The rest of the time I play videogames, like, a lot of videogames.
Well, that's all, see you around.

thementalpatient
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:44 pm 

Hello all,

I've been a long time lurker of the site and forum. I use it all the time to discover new bands. It's been a long time since I have used an internet forum so I apologize if I do something incorrectly.

I love all metal, especially doom metal and black metal, and love discovering new sounds. I do some art in my free time of all kinds of subjects and mediums, mostly traditional mediums. I had recently started a unofficial blog based around metal bands in my home state (http://puremichiganmetal.tumblr.com/), hoping that it will take off and will be useful in some way. I also not-so-recently started some personal music projects that I hope to continue for years to come.

That is all folks, happy to finally join the site after using it for years.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:49 pm 

Greetings to all the new blood! If you guys have any questions, feel free to shoot me a message.

You guys should check out the help threads we have and discuss metal!
Doom: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38296
Black: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=66086
And more!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

GanoesParan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 1:30 am 

Hey everyone, a little late to posting this, but better late than never.

I have been a long time lurker to this site and recently decided that I should probably get around to making an account. I just turned 23 and have been listening to metal for quite a while now. I'm into a lot of different genres of metal. The genres I really enjoy include Black, Death, Viking, Power, Folk, and any combination of them.

I look forward to talking with you guys.

Paliakoudis
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 1:51 pm 

Hello, I'm Angelos, almost 17 years old from Saloniki, Greece.

I'm listening to metal for about one year. I learned Linkin Park by accident, and then Metallica, Iron Maiden etc. The sequel is known and the same for everybody. :)
I like all genres of heavy music, classic heavy, epic, power, thrash, progressive, folk and a little bit less the extreme genres(black, death).

Until now I've been at only 2 concerts(Sabaton, Blind Guardian) and I'm looking forward for more. I'm almost listening to music from archived and sorted mp3, but I'm also trying to build a CD collection almost from ads.

I'm looking forward into beautiful and interesting conversations with you guys. :)

And of course Metal Archives is the Bible of metalheads. :D

Jmallias
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:12 am 

Hi, my name is John and I'm 17 years old. I come from Crete and have been lurking in this site for quite some time before deciding to join. I've been listening to metal for some years now, my tastes constantly becoming more extreme. I started off with Dio and Iron Maiden thanks to my father and now I'm into bands like Atheist, Death, Spawn of Possession and !TOOH!. Besides metal, I also enjoy blues and classical music.
Here's to many wonderful memories.

Emptiness Cycle
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:24 am 

Edit : redundancy.

Last edited by Emptiness Cycle on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Siphonoglyph
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 8:32 am 

Hello.

I'm Siphonoglyph, but you may call me Siphonoglyph if it makes things easier. I'm 40 and married with three kids. I play guitar, bass, drums, piano (keyboards), and sing. I love most types of music but I prefer metal (almost doesn't matter the genre as long as it's "good", which obviously for me, is subject to my opinion).

I'm originally from California. Moved to Australia in 1999 and then moved back to the States to Tennessee in 2009. My website will basically say the rest.

Cool site. Looking forward to making some new friends.

- Siphonoglyph

Midnight Rambler
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 6:41 pm 

Hi! I'm Midnight Rambler, named after a Rolling Stones song because the Stones are krieg as fvck. I'm Dutch, 22, and currently studying Electrical Engineering in university. I think I'm no longer a complete metal noob, but I'm nowhere near knowledgeable yet. Especially death, black and doom metal are largely unexplored ground for me, although I've picked up a handful of albums I enjoy (The Laws of Scourge, fuck yeah). This is my main reason for creating an account; I hope to learn from the experienced metalheads here! I might also write a review every now and then.

A quick overview of the subgenres I'm (slightly) more familiar with and my favourite bands in each:

- Heavy/traditional (Priest, Priest and more Priest)

- Speed (Motörhead, Metal Church)

- Thrash (Slayer, Sodom, Kreator, Sepultura)

- Power (Helloween, Gamma Ray, Running Wild, Sabaton)

- Industrial (Rammstein, Knorkator)

- Folk (Ensiferum, Finntroll)

I'm looking forward to interesting conversations with all of you! :)

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:43 pm 

Hi all

I've been lurking on this site for years and years, finally got around to joining to post a few reviews and chat music.

Currently on my playlist are Empyrium, Enslaved, Alcest, Helevorn, Gamma Ray, Rhapsody (pre-of FIRE), Xandria, and Within Temptation.

My first live show was Iron Maiden, my latest has been Alcest, upcoming is Download (Sunday for the Crue, KISS), Bloodstock, and Solstafir.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141 ... 156  Next