Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
keletkezes
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:18 am 

severzhavnost wrote:
Hi keletkezes :D Happy to see someone else likes that melodic Russian style of power-ish heavy metal! Легион, Holy Dragons, Ария, all that good stuff.
Awesome! People are always shocked it's metal :lol: I do need to expand my horizons though, even just with the Russian stuff! When I've got time to put the right amount of effort into this sort of thing, I'll post over in the Recommendations thread: right now I'm behind on my Masters work, changing jobs and in the middle of term start at Uni (PSoc got busy) so I'm a bit otherwsie engaged.

Twitter: @keletkezes
Facebook: keletkezes
ВКонтакте: Dawn Hazle

Secret Glory
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:11 pm 

I've been a long-time lurker of the Metal-Archives and I suppose its finally time to make an account.

A very short list of my favorite metal bands would have to look something like this: King Diamond, Mercyful Fate, Pagan Altar, Manilla Road, Blind Guardian, Lost Horizon, Galneryus, (early) Slayer, Morbid Saint, Morbid Angel, Autopsy, Incantation, Demilich, The Chasm, Order From Chaos, Axis of Advance, Revenge, Angelcorpse, Bathory, Master's Hammer, Grand Belial's Key, Nokturnal Mortum, and Summoning.

Non-metal music that I like consists of hard rock, progressive rock, traditional folk and neofolk, american primitivism, dungeon synth, and of course classical (I'm mostly interested in romanticism).

Outside of music my hobbies are art history, reading, and hiking. I am a very big fan of "weird" fiction and horror.

Infernal Torment
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:38 am 

Used this site for awhile just decided to make an account and check out the forums for this first time

Poopman25
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:21 pm 

Metal Archives!!

Im Kevin and I reside in the Midwest region of the almighty United States, lol? Ive been a frequent browser of Metal Archives, I find myself looking up bands, reading reviews and the forums all the time. I finally decided to make an account!

I play guitar and I love all subgrenres of Heavy Metal. Heavy Metal is my calling and it speaks to my soul. Im glad to be apart of the greatest community on the web. Thrash is my favorite.

Megadeth, Vio-lence, Exodus, Testament, Heathen, Dark Angel, Death Angel, Annihilator, Iced Earth, Metal Church, Sanctuary, Morbid Angel, Death, Possessed, Exciter, Queensryche, Sabotage, Crimson Glory, Fates Warning, Heathen, Evildead, Nuclear Assault, At The Gates, Carcass, Psycroptic, Ouroboros, Beyond Creation, The Zenith Passage! Metal baby, yeah!

miskatonic79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:18 am 

Hi guys and girls.Been using the archives forever and have has several accounts in the past, so I can say that I'm back!!

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:15 pm 

miskatonic79 wrote:
Hi guys and girls.Been using the archives forever and have has several accounts in the past, so I can say that I'm back!!

So why create a new account...?

Padan_Fain
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:23 am 

Been lurking for an eternity, and since I don't really have anyone to talk about music with anymore, I decided I may as well post a bit here and find some like minded folks. I started getting into metal in the early 80s (I'm 43) and got into progressively heavier stuff as I discovered it, eventually gravitating to Death Metal as my favorite though there are bands from most genres that I enjoy. I live in rural West Virginia and at times this caused me to discover some bands somewhat later than most folks due to availability here until I discovered tape trading around 1990 and a new world opened up to me.

I started on drums in '91 and was in a band the day I bought my kit. I still play, but after a couple of hip surgeries I can't achieve the consistency anymore to play in a band. Some days it works and some days it just won't. I'm currently working on making songs on my own, though saying that I'm a dreadful guitarist would be an insult to the word dreadful. I also do some album reviews for an old band-mate's website. I still mainly love the old style DM, though some of the modern stuff is good and I'm always open to being surprised. I'm just not really into the stuff where the drumming seems to be a contest to see who can cram the most notes into a measure. Anyways, I look forward to posting a bit more and hopefully discovering some new bands. Cheers.

miskatonic79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:31 pm 

HellBlazer wrote:
miskatonic79 wrote:

So why create a new account...?

Moved, forgot my old username and password. It's been five years!

stainedclass2112
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:59 pm 

Is that username a reference to The Miskatonic Scale? As in by Buckethead?

DoomGuild
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:46 pm 

Long time lurker and now a first time poster.
Currently live in the southern United states. When i'm not playing my banjo you can usually find me listening to some grind and or black metal. I have a pretty wide taste in tunes. Just moved out here from the Sacramento, California area where I was able to see at least a show once a week. Constantly on my motorcycle taking little trips to see shows and festivals.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:10 am 

stainedclass2112 wrote:

Miskatonic U, Class of '79.

SlevinKelevra
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:45 pm 

Not that anybody cares, but I lurked here off and on since basically the site started: remember the running out of monthly throughput/bandwidth quotas, etc. Just made an account recently, not really sure why. Mostly not into recent release stuff, especially djent/post-black/post-metal/core stuff. Long live the 90s and early 00s! \m/

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:16 pm 

The early 00s are recent release stuff...

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Aooga
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:43 am 

13 years lurking. Thought I'd break silence today. No particular reason - just unusually slow day at work. Truth be told, I also miss forums. Was a regular over at MR before that died The Death of a Thousand Bots.

Anyways, hi and....as you were.

clip
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:11 pm 

Decade or so of lurking on the boards, webpage, and such. Went ahead and decided it was about time to register.

I play and record my own stuff. On a Pt and Oz BM kick with some funeral doom sprinkled throughout recently.

Cheers.

Black Diamond
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:33 am 

Just like many people on this page alone, I had been using and/or lurking on this site for years, and now I'm not.

SlevinKelevra
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:44 pm 

droneriot wrote:
The early 00s are recent release stuff...

guess it depends on who you ask. A lot of posters here seem to have started listening about 2 years ago.

stainedclass2112
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:27 pm 

Grave_Wyrm wrote:
stainedclass2112 wrote:

Miskatonic U, Class of '79.

Oh hahaha

My ignorance has no bounds :evil:

Screaming Moon
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:45 pm 

Hello,

I am Douglas, a 32 year old who is newly Canadian. I moved here from the USA. Lurked this board for a decade or so. I'm into all types of actual metal. I am not open minded and have no friends.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:23 am 

That's a hell of an introduction.

Tanuki
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:18 pm 

Yeah, there's no way I'm topping that

I'm Ezekiel, also a newbie who's been lurking M-A for a while. Pretty excited about the virgin review challenge coming up, I'm hoping to participate

Nice to meet everyone!

~Guest 189339
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:56 pm 

Alex, from Greece/UK, 36.

My favorite genres are HC/Punk, 77 Punk, UK82, Garage Punk revival. From 70's till today, with favorite period the 1980's. Favorite bands: Wipers, Discharge, Descendents, Varukers, early Agnostic Front, GBH, early Cro-Mags.

Not a Heavy Metal fan by any means, I do like though some bands (Voivod, Nuclear Assault, Possessed). Also like many Crossover bands, but their more Hardcore output e.g. DRI's- Dealing with it or Attitude Adjustment-American Paranoia.

Also, a record collector, and a..Punk Academic :)

FrysPest
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:35 pm 

Hi. I'm Mikael from Sweden, 35 years old. Been hooked black metal since 97-98. I'll take some detours to other (mostly metal) genres too. I have been using this excellent database for a long time and thought it was time to register.

Some of my favourite bands are:
Forteresse
Svartsyn
Immortal
Domgård
Emperor
Akhlys
Grá

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:19 am 

Welcome!

Tanuki wrote:
Yeah, there's no way I'm topping that

I'm Ezekiel, also a newbie who's been lurking M-A for a while. Pretty excited about the virgin review challenge coming up, I'm hoping to participate

Nice to meet everyone!

You're doing a stellar job. :)

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

Tanuki
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:48 pm 

Derigin wrote:
You're doing a stellar job. :)

Thanks, that's great to hear! I've had a lot of fun taking part

Weyland
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:37 am 

Hi everyone,

I registered here because this forum is propably last really fucking alive forum where I can talk to others about metal music. I prefer classic sounds of heavy and thrash.

If my English sucks, kick my ass, it's not my native language, but I'm working on it.

\o

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:55 pm 

Weyland wrote:
If my English sucks, kick my ass

Well... I mean, if you really want me to....
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Weyland
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:04 pm 

Fortunately, there is a long distance from Illinois to Poland ;)

Airon13
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:43 am 

Hi all! I'm new here, so my name is Airon, i'm 18 years old and i'm from Spain. I play drums and love thrash metal. heavy metal and death metal. Too many bands to mention :-D

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:16 pm 

Airon13 wrote:
Hi all! I'm new here, so my name is Airon, i'm 18 years old and i'm from Spain. I play drums and love thrash metal. heavy metal and death metal. Too many bands to mention :-D

Welcome to MA! Always a pleasure to find a metalhead who can appreciate both melodic & extreme metal.

Hank Scorpio
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:14 pm 

Hello and good evening guys and girls (if there is such a thing as girls on the internet),

my name is Hank Scorpio, I'm in my 30s and I've been using the Archives for like 12 or 13 years now and been lurking these boards for an eternity, too, so I pulled myself together and finally registered. January 1st is a good date to register, isn't it? What I like about these boards and the Archives in general is the strict definition on metalness by the moderators on the one hand and the open-mindedness by the users on the other hand. Both sides are very well educated when it comes to metal and unlike some other anglophone communities I've been hanging around lately you won't try to recommend me Disturbed or Slipknot as the best and hardest metal stuff there is.

I got into metal about 20 years ago thanks to my mom, who was listening to bands like Deep Purple, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Uriah Heep, Black Sabbath, ya know, the usual, and since I at first enjoyed the old Metallica albums the most, I got into Slayer, from Slayer to other thrash metal, and from then on I discovered a whole new world of heavy riffs, fast drums and harsh vocals. Nowadays I mostly enjoy black metal, all kinds of doom with a slight focus on funeral doom, a little bit of death, some sludge and lots of non-metal of all kinds which I learned to appreciate only after my tr00 "only metalz is real" phase. You know, when you're young and dumb :D I can't pinpoint many favourite metal bands to list, but I'd say may favourite band in general is Swans. If you really feel the need to take a look at my music taste, there's a link of my collection in my signature.

In case my English sucks, please be lenient, neither my native country nor my present-day home country Germany speak particularly well English. Well, that shall be my introduction, if you want to know more, just ask me. Now I'm gonna take a look around.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:12 pm 

Hank Scorpio, have you gotten back to Homer about the hammock situation? I think that has never been resolved. :D

Welcome to the forum. Your English is pin-point perfect so you've got nothing to worry about. :thumbsup:

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Hank Scorpio
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:36 am 

MikeyC wrote:
Hank Scorpio, have you gotten back to Homer about the hammock situation? I think that has never been resolved. :D

That hammock situation has been forgotten after I've finally bought the Dallas Cowboys ;)

manson the unikorn
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:58 pm 

Question. Is Disturbed (as in the 2000s band) count as metal enough to qualify for an entry in Encyclopedia Metallum? Nu Metal is not popular here at all for obvious reasons and Disturbed's first album is Nu Metal. HOWEVER, their second album was much more metal and I think after those two they got pretty metal. They definitely have riffs and aren't the kind of band that just says "I'm so sad". They don't have an entry here and I really like their music, but as a new "mallcore kid", I do NOT want to get on anyone's bad side by my first action being to try and submit an entry that isn't metal enough.

Heimir
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:36 am 

Hi, I'm JackOfAllBlades and my username sounded cool in the moment and now makes me want to kill myself.

I like Darkthrone and Tomhet and At the Gates.

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:17 am 

JackOfAllBlades wrote:
Hi, I'm JackOfAllBlades and my username sounded cool in the moment and now makes me want to kill myself.

:lol: Oh come on it's not that bad!

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:07 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
In case my English sucks, please be lenient, neither my native country nor my present-day home country Germany speak particularly well English.

What's your native country?

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

CannibalCorpse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:00 pm 

Hello (again). It's my first posting since....I don't know, 2009 or something? At least that's when my last review was published. That new Metallica album brought me back here (which is crazy, since I've never been a fan) and back to writing reviews. I'm working on a review for Metal Church's "XI" as well and damn, I'm enjoying writing again, thanks to Lars Ulrich and company...what a weird world ^^

I doubt many people remember be, but who cares, let's start anew :)

Adder's Fork - These Mountains Cast Great Shadows - NEW!
Adder's Fork + Dea Artio/In Dornen/Winter's Breath - A Gathering of Four - Split - NEW!
Adder's Fork - Website
Reviewer for Antichrist Magazine

Hank Scorpio
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:48 am 

droneriot wrote:
What's your native country?

I'm from Bulgaria, but I've been living in Germany for a bit more than 20 years now, so I feel very Deutsch. You know, wearing Lederhosen and socks with sandals, putting a towel on the deckchair to indicate it's mine, mocking the Dutch when they've lost again in football or craving for the good old times of the Kaiserreich :wink:

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:57 am 

CannibalCorpse wrote:
Hello (again). It's my first posting since....I don't know, 2009 or something? At least that's when my last review was published. That new Metallica album brought me back here (which is crazy, since I've never been a fan) and back to writing reviews. I'm working on a review for Metal Church's "XI" as well and damn, I'm enjoying writing again, thanks to Lars Ulrich and company...what a weird world ^^

I doubt many people remember be, but who cares, let's start anew :)

Welcome back! I enjoyed that Adder's Fork CD.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148 ... 156  Next