Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Solanacea
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:24 pm 

Hello there!

I've been listening to various kinds of metal (mostly melodic stuff) since I was a teenager (back in the 00s). I have been using this site regularly since then and I've occasionally lurked here on the forums as well but never cared to register, so here I am now because why not.

JCP524
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:10 pm 

Hi. Used to lurk at the old metal rules board like 20 years ago.

I like Metallica Absu Led Zeppelin Judas Priest Morbid Angel and Stormwitch

Saw that some of the old users (if they are the same people-like Morrigan and PeteGas) are here. In fact, I think Morrigan was one of the founders of metal archives so it might be the same person.

Anybody else used to look at metal rules in the early to mid 2000s?

~Guest 1452000
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:51 am 

What's up everyone! Been a guitarist / metal enthusiast for nearly 20 years - ever since I heard Black Sabbath for the first time. I was a noob then and sad to say I'm still a noob which is why I'm here; the discovery of new bands and even genres is something I've recently taken an interest in. So I plan to browse the forums and maybe contribute a bit here and there, for what it's worth. The Metal Archives has always been a great source of reviews for me, but having discovered the forums I have now taken the plunge as well. Take care and up the irons!!!! (or whatever you're into!)

Kwooly
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:04 am 

Hello all, im K, i have worked in band management and tour management for over 35 years. I have worked for most of the 'large' metal labels, dealt with some wonderful people and put up with 100000's of tantrums.

Im now semi retired and can hopefully share a few pearls of wisdom with you all, thats if you dont mind a old woman bumbling around your forum? :)

~Guest 1455291
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:10 pm 

Oh shit I'm only finding this thread now haha. I knew it must be somewhere.

I grew up with many different kinds of music - from classical to rock, blues, 80's pop and world music. But it was metal that stole my heart at age 14. It just fit, it was everything I'd ever wanted from music. As I started to dig into gothic and industrial metal, quickly progressing on to black and death metal, I found it became more than just music for me. It helped me shape my aesthetic, worldview and discover new hobbies during a difficult time of life (what else do you expect from the teenage years lol). So yeah, I can't imagine my life without this music now.

Also metal inspired me to make the switch from boring flute to electric guitar. Best choice of my life :)

Metal-archives has been my go-to site since the start for finding more band info and new bands to listen to. A few times I thought about signing up but never took the plunge until now. I look forward to talking to like-minded folks on here!

ArmoredSaint_77
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:12 am 

Hi to everyone !

I’m Massimo from Italy.

I’m an old fart (..is 45 old ?!? ahahah !) and I’m a lawyer.

I listen to Heavy Metal since I was 12, so (I guess) it’s quite a long time.

I love, above all, the classic HM from the 80’s (and early 90’s) and all the sub-genres and related styles, such as US Metal, Power Metal (no fucking “flower metal”, please!), Epic, Speed and Bay Area/Techno Thrash.

I also like Old School Death Metal and a bit of Black Metal (classics albums from Darkthrone, Mayhem, Marduck ecc..).

Of course, being Italian, i love some classic bands from my Country such as Strana Officina, Death SS, Sabotage, Stteel Crown, Crying Steel, Bulldozer, Vanadium etc..

Ok, for now, that’s all folks !

~Guest 1495047
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:03 pm 

Hey everybody, first post here. My name is Antonio, I'm Italian and I'm 35. Been listening to rock and metal since I was 10, when my parents bought me "...And Justice For All" on cassette. Not sure they made the right choice but here I am.

My favorite genres are thrash metal and prog metal, though I'm looking to branch out and get into melodic death metal. Can't say I know that many bands but that will hopefully change.

See ya!

nikkytheyo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:28 am 

hi everyone, just joined few days ago...
in the last 30 years (30?? whaaat??) I've gone through periods of love for different genres, and I'm currently on second-wave black metal, stoner and classic swedish- death... can't tell what the future holds :)

Teleboy1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:50 pm 

Just joined. Have had EM bookmarked for years though. Very informative. I dig a lot of different jams, genres, and types of metal.

EldritchAbomination
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:55 pm 

Hi everyone, just signed up a few days ago. Currently living in Wyoming, originally from Central Florida, spent a few years in Alaska. Got into extreme/ underground metal in the early 90s. Currently jamming on some 1914. Im not very good at introduction posts so im gonna go fuck off now.

HerzeleidMeister
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 7:14 pm 

Hello! Obviously I'm new here. Long time metal head from Little Rock, Arkansas. Been listening to metal for about 40 years starting with Maiden & Priest. Hope my time here is great. :)

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 10:24 pm 

HerzeleidMeister wrote:
Been listening to metal for about 40 years ...

Hey, me too!

HerzeleidMeister
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 9:33 pm 

Opus wrote:
HerzeleidMeister wrote:
Been listening to metal for about 40 years ...

Hey, me too!

Hey awesome! Always good to see die hard metal heads from the same time! :)

ceasethebridge
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 4:33 pm 

Hey, I go by ceasethebridge, madison or madishonn. Got into metal last year and it's become kind of a special interest (I have autism) so I'm here to learn more, learn about bands and shows, and generally just vibe! I also love forums in general (I'm sad they're slowly becoming less popular or used) so this is kind of great for me. My go-to kinds of metal are black metal, death metal and doom/funeral doom.

Manyon
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 8:44 pm 

My bad. Already posted in the NHL thread before saying hello. I am now ready to say it.... HELLO!

Interesting place here. I found it while searching a band called Harder Faster out of Portland back in the late 80's.

fishcheesecake
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:34 pm 

Hello, I've been a metalhead for 8 years, ever since I got into Gojira when I was 18. My favorite genres are black and progressive extreme metal (Opeth especially), followed by death and doom. I've been listening to a lot of Blut Aus Nord and Alcest lately.

Krist4Lyne
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:18 am 

Hello !
Name is Samuel but everyone calls me « Krista » or « that jerk ».
I am a nineteen years old little guy hailing from France.
Baguette, baguette, voilà, Chateaubriand, frrromage.
Kinda a newbie in metal for I discovered it about two years ago although I instantaneously fell in love with it ; now I listen almost exclusively to it.
As I really have too much free time, I have decided to join you guys.

I ain't fluent so, please, be lenient.

God wishes you a good day.

JomsVIking_2022
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:16 am 

Hello all!

My name is Nicholas, aka Jomsviking.

Been looking for a still active forum to discuss anything Metal related + read all other discussions related to this topic.
So here we are :)
Favourite bands : a lot of variety going from Judas Priest to Darkthrone and from Obituary to Napalm Death...

Any questions, feel free to ask ;)

Cheers!

Yodas_Hefeweizen
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:19 pm 

Yoda here. Born in PR, raised in NY and Miami. USMC Veteran. Spent the last 10 years in Cali. I currently reside in New Mexico. Fav metal genres are Death, Black, Doom, and Grindcore. Def wanted to listen to more of the grind subgenres.

Yashin Xudosi
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:46 pm 

Hello there!
I'm completely new here, and to be honest the main reason I registered was because I know someone from another website, who is active here. So if someone could enable me to send private messages, or explain what I need to do in order to unlock them, that would be great. I mean, it currently says "you may need to participate more", but I'm sure it wouldn't be in anyone's interest if I started flooding forums with posts that aren't made out of genuine interest, but only because I want to unlock this feature.

suppernaut
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:55 pm 

Hello, i'm Suppernaut, i'm 29 and i'm just... another Metalhead around here i guess. My all time favorite band is Iron Maiden, that's where it all started for me, followed by Slayer, oldschool Sepultura, Judas Priest, Motörhead and Death. I like to think of my metal spectrum as being between traditional Heavy Metal and Grindcore, being Heavy Metal my favorite style. I've seen this forum since... forever?! It has been years and years and just now i've decided to join it. Don't know why maybe boredom, but it seems fun. So yeah that's about it fellas.

TOP 3 Heavy Metal Albums:
Somewhere in Time - Iron Maiden
Sreaming for Vengeace - Judas Priest
Vol. 4 - Black Sabbath

TOP 3 Thrash Metal Albums:
Ride the Lightning - Metallica
South of Heaven - Slayer
Beneath the Remains - Sepultura

TOP 3 Death Metal Albums:
Deicide - Deicide
Death - Human
Tomb of the Mutilated - Cannibal Corpse

TOP 3 Black Metal Albums:
Bathory - Blood Fire Death
Darkthrone - Panzefaust
Exercises in Futility - Mgła

I've been listening to a lot of Bathory recently and Blood Incantation. Cheers!

thehawksfuckingdead
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:03 pm 

Hello, I'm not exactly new since I joined MA a couple of years ago but I just wanna drop a post here. I'm Para and I'm from Morocco (and I'm wondering if there's any other moroccan around?) and metal literally changed my life. I mainly listen to black metal but I also love death, heavy and doom metal.

Amlux
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:17 pm 

Hi everyone. I'm 28 years old and have listened to metal ever since I saw the film Gummo by Harmony Korine around the age of 14 and fell in love with its soundtrack. I had been a big fan of Boris before that (and still am) but that film encouraged me to listen to stuff that was really out there.

I love all kinds of genres of music, but metal is the one that I have the most experience with. I love black metal, drone metal, and doom metal the most but I adore everything from oldschool heavy metal to grindcore to slamming brutal death metal to even a lot of metalcore/deathcore.

Kilpatrick
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:10 pm 

Hello,

I've been a user of this website since I was 13 years old. I'm 31 and have listened to Metal since I was in middle school. I enjoy a wide variety of music genres, not just Metal music. I love history, antiquity, literature, languages and food.

I also have a music project. If you'd like to check it out, please do so here: https://anthemsofgomorrah.bandcamp.com/

Thank you.

nakzox
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:50 am 

Hello all,

Just joined up today, kinda randomly lol. I need something else to read during work I guess.

Metal was the first genre I really liked when I was younger. I got into it with Metallica of course when I was in sixth grade or so. I moved away from it as I got older but got back into it in 2020 or so with bands such as Slayer and Pantera leading the way for me. I was fortunate enough to have a great friend who made me a Spotify playlist to help get me into it some more. Found a lot of the usual suspect bands from there and have gotten into some more stuff on my own through the help of this site of course. Death metal and its other subgenres are my preference, but I love a bunch of other stuff too.

Favorite bands: Aborted, Benighted, Misery Index, Woods of Ypres, Gojira, Behemoth. and Cattle Decapitation, among others.

CELESTIALQUEEN
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:57 am 

Howdy~

Got my serotonin today by joining this site and getting a kick out of lurking on the discussion boards. Im 26, have always loved metal in all forms. Im big on going to shows in my area and chatting with people who love the genre as much as I do. Im really in a sludgy doom kick so if that's what your jamming to as of late throw me some recommendations.

-C.Queen

Axegrinder90
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:50 am 

I've been on this site for a minute now. I just wasn't really active until recently since I got let go from GC and now have nothing better to do than lurk. SO I might as well lurk actively. Hi everyone!

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:37 am 

Hello to all the newbies. Hope you all have a great time here. :D

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Footless
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:50 pm 

thePowermetalLynx wrote:
Ah... so this thread exists? I’m generally reading the discussion and reviewing forum
Hailing from wuhan China. My name is Shirley (what my foreign friends all know me as anyways), as my username would suggest. Technically speaking I created my profile when I was about half year into metal, so I’d a bit of what the Chinese metal community would entitled as “poser phase” and was really interesting in hailing Satan and shits like that, hence the suffix “666”. But one brother had introduced me to power metal and it has been my favorite genre ever since. These days I’m just digging deep into the said genre tho I like heavy metal and speed metal well enough. In brief, I prefer traditional shits.

Melodeath and Tech death I can take from time to time for a bit of change. Black or thrash doesn’t really appeal to me. And my understanding of other genre is limited. I hope to change that someday far in the future.

And yes, I’m aware I’m probably one of the youngest users on the Archive...

Any good power scene in Wuhan? Also, sounds like you have a killer brother!

If it's of any consolation, I am 15 years old, and am the youngest user I have seen on this site so far. Don't worry, you're not the biggest noob here!

GuitarGuyNack
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:59 am 

I'm not really new here, but I haven't logged on in 7 or 8 years now, so i thought I'd stop and say hi.

nedlahlistenstometal
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:47 pm 

Long time site user that has finally made an account.

Footless
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:04 pm 

GuitarGuyNack wrote:
I'm not really new here, but I haven't logged on in 7 or 8 years now, so i thought I'd stop and say hi.

Welcome back, friend!

thePowermetalLynx
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:57 am 

Footless wrote:
Any good power scene in Wuhan?

Nope. We have punk and thrash metal though, not that I care.

Footless wrote:
Also, sounds like you have a killer brother!

If it's of any consolation, I am 15 years old, and am the youngest user I have seen on this site so far. Don't worry, you're not the biggest noob here!

Ah, I said “brother” as in “metal brother”, so yeah, was being a noob there :lol:

Good to know that I’m not the youngest, though I would sooner see more new young power metal fans ;)

Old School is the only School

Consistency is a Virtue
Repetition is a Sin

Call me Shirley or Lynxie

Defenestrated
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:06 pm 

Hello there. Long-time lurker (re)joining to occasionally take part in the interesting conversations here. (I deleted my old account, but kept coming back to lurk, so... I'll try to be less of a schmuck this time around, haha.)

I live in Indiana, and have been into metal since my 'teens (am now 37), mostly of the extreme variety. My passion for exploring and collecting isn't what it once was, but many of the classics still have a special place in my heart.

I wanted to go with the name "Defenestration" (after the Cryptopsy song), but sadly it was taken. It's a cool enough song, but I mainly just get a kick out of the word itself. It refers to an oddly specific act - not merely throwing, but throwing out a window. Yup. As future posts should amply indicate, I'm a bit of a nerd.

Abstract_Ootism
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:11 am 

I won't give up much information other than I've been a metalhead since 2012, and am still very much my old HS self when it comes to listening to extreme metal. I was once on the site a loooooonnnggg time (close to a decade) ago, and acted like an idiot because I was a teenager, and had an ego to prove something on the internet. I've since then taken a new leaf per se, and am just trying to make new friends on the internet that have similar musical tastes as me.

I guess some things that might be interesting about me are that I collect Nepenthes, or southeast Asian tropical pitcher plants, and I'm slowly getting into orchids and Utricularia as my collection, and interest in botany, expands. I'm also getting into baking as a side hobby, mainly to prevent me from becoming too bored with music or my plants.

Hope to talk to y'all soon.

KohnDre88
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:52 am 

Glad to be part of the community. I just want to thank CMG for updating my Dad's bio and the kind words. Means a lot thank you

Footless
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:56 am 

thePowermetalLynx wrote:
We have punk and thrash metal though, not that I care.

Doesn't like thrash metal... I didn't realize that was possible. Seems like one of the universal staples of metal music.

EsEhKa
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:04 am 

Hi there,

I am new to this forum. It is about ten years ago I last posted something on an internet forum in general. Last time was probably on German Metal Hammer...
... or on mikrocontroller.net... If it was the latter, it might be about seven years ago...

thePowermetalLynx
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:21 am 

Footless wrote:
Doesn't like thrash metal... I didn't realize that was possible. Seems like one of the universal staples of metal music.

There are many subgenres that I feel indifferent about. I mean, if you give me a thrash song I can try to appreciate it, but I probably won’t go looking for thrash metal voluntarily lol.

Old School is the only School

Consistency is a Virtue
Repetition is a Sin

Call me Shirley or Lynxie

MrBlack2408
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:30 am 

Hi, I'm here too now. I made this account a while ago, haven't been very active on here though. And still very confused about how this forum works, I'm too young to remember every community having a forum and the forums being a big thing. I'm German, currently living in China. I listen to a lot of different stuff, but in the last few months it's mostly been Death Metal and some Prog. Also, can someone tell me why I can't send a message to give my vote for the AOTY thing?

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156  Next