Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:34 pm 

Game of Thrones Season 5 hadn't impressed me much... until the last half of episode 8 :bow: Episode 7 also wins for featuring probably the best set of boobs in the entire series.

ChineseDownhill
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:19 pm 

You mean the short haired Sand Snake? I'm just shocked that apparently that actress is only a little older than the one playing Arya.

I sort of agree about season 5; sometimes this year I'll let myself fall behind a few episodes and say "Whatever, I'll just catch up On Demand." Which I never did for earlier seasons.

OTOH, I'm not as harsh on the show-runners as some people are. It was always going to be difficult when they got to books 4 and 5, where GRRM split up the characters. Some of the discarded or changed storylines don't bother me that much.

ObservationSlave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:46 pm 

I agree that GoT started off pretty slow this season and stayed that way for a while. That being said, at the end of the most recent episode I found myself literally on the edge of my chair with my head about 2 feet away from my TV screen. I hadn't been that into an episode since season 4 episode 9.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:19 am 

Wow, that was intense. Damn. Just wish this season and the last didn't trail on as long as they did to really hit you with something that gripping (ep 9 in season 4). The Wall/Beyond the Wall setting is just so inherently fucking cool that it's hard for the rest of the story to ever measure up ;). I've enjoyed this season overall despite its relatively modest pace but this episode just took things up three or four notches. Crazy stuff. Also curious where Arya's story will eventually lead. She's definitely got one of the more intriguing threads going. And man, do I wanna see what seems to be
Spoiler: show
the inevitable clash between Stannis and the Boltons.

volutetheswarth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:11 pm 

ChineseDownhill wrote:
I sort of agree about season 5; sometimes this year I'll let myself fall behind a few episodes and say "Whatever, I'll just catch up On Demand." Which I never did for earlier seasons.
I kind of gave up on season 5 after falling back on episodes. I liked the Game of Thrones page on facebook awhile back and as a result they've essentially spoiled 4 episodes in a row. Showing 'automatically playing clips' with key scenes in my news feed. Not to mention a few friends posting spoiler filled status updates and even an Australian news site I view shows spoilers. From every spoiler however it seems like I've missed very little, it's kind of a halfway/nothing season overall.

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:57 pm 

It's funny how my opinion of certain characters in GoT have changed over the seasons. I used to really like the Starks (Ned/Robb in particular), but after re-watching earlier episodes I find many of them to be stuck-up, holier than thou assholes, although not without their endearing qualities. I used to hate Jaime, but have become more fond of him in the last few seasons, despite his glaring flaws. Favorite character is still Sandor Clegane, though.

Exkretor wrote:
The new Sadus sounds like fucking wrestling music.

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:34 pm 

About Game of Thrones.
I would complain about Jaime retaining his incestuous tendencies, but if his sister-fucking dick hadn't motivated him to go on that mission to Dorne we would have never seen THOSE boobs so it's all good :lol: Robb and Ned are both classic examples of failure to think outside the box, which is why Jon Snow is smarter than both of them combined.

Metantoine
Prince of the Black Sun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:43 pm 

chaossphere wrote:
About Game of Thrones.
I would complain about Jaime retaining his incestuous tendencies, but if his sister-fucking dick hadn't motivated him to go on that mission to Dorne we would have never seen THOSE boobs so it's all good :lol: Robb and Ned are both classic examples of failure to think outside the box, which is why Jon Snow is smarter than both of them combined.

It's not that Ned was stupid, he was a bit too naive and honorable to compete against the likes of Cercei and Littlefinger. He's been the warden of the North for decades and this probably made him soft. Robb, well, he was young and inexperienced. I wouldn't say that Jon is smarter than both of them judging by what's in the last book...

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:42 am 

Metantoine wrote:
It's not that Ned was stupid, he was a bit too naive and honorable to compete against the likes of Cercei and Littlefinger. He's been the warden of the North for decades and this probably made him soft. Robb, well, he was young and inexperienced. I wouldn't say that Jon is smarter than both of them judging by what's in the last book...

I guess it can be put down to Ned and Robb always doing what they thought was right while Jon does what he knows is right. That said, he's still probably alive at the end of ADWD which is more than can be said for most of his family :lol:

MetalPeas
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:27 am 

stickyshooZ wrote:
It's funny how my opinion of certain characters in GoT have changed over the seasons. I used to really like the Starks (Ned/Robb in particular), but after re-watching earlier episodes I find many of them to be stuck-up, holier than thou assholes, although not without their endearing qualities. I used to hate Jaime, but have become more fond of him in the last few seasons, despite his glaring flaws. Favorite character is still Sandor Clegane, though.

Well, one constant of the show is that no character is wholly good, they all have flaws.

Erotetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:06 am 

MetalPeas wrote:
stickyshooZ wrote:

Well, one constant of the show is that no character is wholly good, they all have flaws.

yet to see anything dickish about the many-faced god. that'll be a sad day.

I want him and Arya to get their own spin-off procedural :D

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:08 pm 

I swear, if I have to edit one more post with spoiler tags, I'm nuking this thread and banning everyone. :P
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Erotetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:24 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
I swear, if I have to edit one more post with spoiler tags, I'm nuking this thread and banning everyone. :P

WTF.
how is it a spoiler to say what HASN'T HAPPENED?
or what wacky spin-off show is never going to be made?

John Snow does not have sex with Theon in the latest ep or any previous episode

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:02 pm 

About GoT:
If Jon Snow and Theon had sex would it be considered trans/lesbian sex?

Last edited by Metantoine on Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This is the Metal Archives, not HBO so calm your teenage fanfiction.

Derigin
Arbiter of the Covenant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:16 pm 

Looking forward to the episode tonight. The next two episodes should be great, if what is being speculated may actually happen:
Tonight, we will probably see Drogon again... perhaps he threatens Dany and Jorah steps in and gets killed instead? It makes sense because he's being pushed in urgency to redeem himself in her eyes, and that could be a way to do that. An honorable death? I guess we'll have to wait and see. There's also the lead-up to the Ides of Olly, which should be good. I'm still holding out that LSH will show up by the end of this season, but if that doesn't happen, that's OK. I'm gonna be sad once Shireen is killed, though. :(

Other than that, this season has hinted at some potential end scenarios for certain characters... and it's pretty exciting:
With how much Cersei keeps talking about how she would "burn King's Landing to the ground" if Tommen/Myrcella are killed, and how much she despises all sections of King's Landing society (the nobles, the faith, the peasants)... I don't doubt that one of her final acts will be to go all Mad King Aerys and use the remaining wildfire stashes around the city to burn the city down. My theory is that if this is the case, Jaime will find out, step in, and kill her... then probably kill himself just after... though it may be too late to save the city by then. This at least fits with the burned-out, snow/ash-covered image of the Iron Throne that we get from Dany's dream in season 2.

It's also pretty clear that by the time whoever "wins" the Throne actually "wins" it, that the whole continent will be devastated. Devastated by long-lasting war, by economic uncertainty, by unrest, and finally by the coming winter. It probably wont be a throne anyone would want and it might be too late to change anything by that point. I wouldn't hold it past GRRM if the "end" of the series is a bleak one.

I know I may be a minority here, but I do feel that the series - while it overly simplifies, streamlines and alters storylines - ultimately follows the trajectory of where the books will end up and what happens with the characters. It would make little sense for the producers of the series to involve and reach out to the author unless there was an intention to seek some form of adherence to book integrity. Being a TV medium it skimps on details, but the basics of the plot might still be there. This season has been very telling with that so far.

Derigin
Arbiter of the Covenant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:30 pm 

Oh almost completely forgot about this:
Looks like Mastodon were extras in the last episode.

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:29 pm 

Derigin wrote:
Oh almost completely forgot about this:
Looks like Mastodon were extras in the last episode.

Yeah initially I confused Brett Hinds for Tormund Giantsbane :lol: Hopefully they release White Walker on something other than the Season 5 mixtape in the future.

Derigin
Arbiter of the Covenant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:23 pm 

FUCK STANNIS. That is all.

Earthcubed
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:50 pm 

Yeah I just started watching the show this season and it seems like every episode strives to make you hate one character more than you hated the last character, that person being the latest. It's okay though, what happened in the gladiator stadium made everything okay again.

And yes, I am aware of how bad and cliche it is to pick up a popular show without starting from the beginning. After the next episode I think I'll start watching the show from the start on Netflix or something. However, I'm hesitant to start reading the books. I find the concept behind them intriguing---political intrigue, spies, and personal themes in a fantasy setting---but I'm leery of starting it when it remains unfinished with Martin this old and not looking so healthy. The Robert Jordan dilemma.
On Friday I passed an important milestone in my teaching career: a student shat himself

Bishop_Drugsalot
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:59 am 

Wow. Just wow. The rape of my favourite character is complete.

Derigin
Arbiter of the Covenant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:25 pm 

Bishop_Drugsalot wrote:

Sadly that scene was specifically requested and written by GRRM. It doesn't bode well for the books, either. :(

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:55 pm 

Goddamnit.

Last.fm | Discogs | musik-sammler.de

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:11 pm 

Derigin wrote:
Bishop_Drugsalot wrote:

Sadly that scene was specifically requested and written by GRRM. It doesn't bode well for the books, either. :(

I'm fine with what actually happened but it's more about what lead up to it
Huge unreleased Book spoilers/S5E09
Stannis fucking held it down at Storm's End to near starvation during Robert's Rebellion, but a few tents get set on fire and that's when he decides to off the only legitimate Baratheon heir? Fuck outta here with that shit.

Bishop_Drugsalot
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:33 pm 

Adriankat wrote:
Derigin wrote:

I'm fine with what actually happened but it's more about what lead up to it
Huge unreleased Book spoilers/S5E09
Stannis fucking held it down at Storm's End to near starvation during Robert's Rebellion, but a few tents get set on fire and that's when he decides to off the only legitimate Baratheon heir? Fuck outta here with that shit.

This and also:
Just because GRRM told Dumb & Dumber Shireen gets burned, they did not specify the circumstances. I think and hope that Stannis is not behind the burning in the book. We have seen Melisandre systematically go behind his back to do all kinds of shit, hopefully it's the case this time as well.

Derigin
Arbiter of the Covenant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:06 pm 

About GoT:
I've heard that justification being given, but nobody knows the true extent to what GRRM told D&D about Shireen's death. It's very plausible that he did say "Shireen gets burned and Stannis approves it" and left it up to D&D to determine how. In the book this could translate to Stannis sending word of approval at some point in some manner. That hasn't been ruled out, and I wouldn't rule it out; Stannis has shown through both the book and television series that he will take whatever steps are necessary to get power... even if he is initially reluctant about the means. That's made even more clear since he knows that Melisandre's magic works. I think the part that makes this especially heartbreaking is how, at least in the show, Shireen admits that she would do anything to help her father. For him this may be all the justification he needed. I guess I also don't buy the fact that she's his heir to be a legitimate reason not to do it; he's totally capable of having more children and - suffice it to say - he knows that a daughter with greyscale would never be on the throne (no matter how much he has told his men otherwise). I do feel that despite these reasons, watching that unravel was one of the worst things about the show.

Metantoine
Prince of the Black Sun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:41 pm 

The season is almost over, let's discuss the show!

I created this thread and I picked most of the recent comments from the TV thread, there's probably some I missed though.

Here's what I said about the show in the other thread, can't move the post since half of it was about other stuff.

I decided to catch up on Game of Thrones so I've watched the 8 episodes of s05. I like it so far, I tried to stop being a "IT'S NOT IN THE BOOKS" person and I try to enjoy it for what it is.

I liked:
-Tyrion and Jorah hangin' out on a boat in Valyria! This pic is awesome!
-All the scenes at the Wall, including the outstanding episode 8 with Jon Snow being a badass.
-Arya's story is well done.
-I do like Ramsay + Reek + Sansa so far. Alfie Allen is a very good actor and so is Iwan Rheon.
- #TeamStannis
-Jonathan Pryce as the High Sparrow is pretty damn great.
-Cercei eating da poo poo.

I didn't mind
-Jaime in Dorne, not bad at all, better than I thought, at least they're using Bronn who's a fun character.
-I want more Julian Bashir as Prince Doran!

I didn't like:
-The whole Loras homosexuality fanfiction. This wasn't necessary at all.
-No Quentyn Martell
-Barristan Selmy's death :(
-Grey Worm and Missandei, who the hell cares?
-Mance Rayder's lame death
-Where the fuck are the Greyjoys?

Metantoine
Prince of the Black Sun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:22 pm 

Trailer for the season finale:
https://youtu.be/1EWFpo37qAU

Read that somewhere:
Quote:
Stannis marches. Dany is surrounded by strangers. Cersei (Lena Headey) seeks forgiveness. Jon is challenged.

"challenged"

Derigin
Arbiter of the Covenant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:34 pm 

The Ides of Olly, it's coming! Maybe he should have taken Aemon's advice and killed the boy.

Metantoine
Prince of the Black Sun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:47 pm 

Derigin wrote:
The Ides of Olly, it's coming! Maybe he should have taken Aemon's advice and killed the boy.

:-P
Youtube: show

Man, HBO really likes to kill Ciaran Hinds.

I think they'll kill Jon for sure but they'll show him warg into Ghost before the end of the episode or something or might just keep it as a cliffhanger.

Messiah_X
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:54 pm 

I was dreading this season because in my opinion, the best part of the books is past and AFFC/ADWD were a lot weaker by comparison. I wasn't looking forward to a bunch of Cersei and Daenerys filler or Tyrion and Brienne travelogues. I'm happy with the way they've narrowed it down, mostly.
I really hope the Greyjoys and The Citadel come into play next season.

I have only had one major disappointment this season, and that is the incompetence of the Unsullied. Seriously? The best and most disciplined soldiers in the world getting their asses handed to them by a bunch of disenfranchised nobles and former slave owners? They don't even try to form up. And on that same note, even outnumbered, the Harpies shouldn't have been able to take down Barristan.

Metantoine
Prince of the Black Sun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:59 pm 

They've been doing casting calls for the Grejoys apparently, it definitely makes sense to have them in season 6. Sam will surely gtfo of the Wall at the end of the season and sail towards the Citadel.

I'm pretty pissed about Barristan, yeah, the fight wasn't even quite epic.

Derigin
Arbiter of the Covenant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:27 pm 

There's been casting calls for characters that match Sam's father and brother, so we'll see what that's all about, too.

TripeOverload
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:52 am 

Must say it: Tyene is lovely! Not necessarily/solely from a mammary standpoint, but those eyes, they reach deep within one's heart. Plus, Doran Martell had flawless lines.
Weirdly enough, unlike many other viewers, I have become unable to hate Ramsay. The guy is so ridiculously evil, calculated, unbeatable that he even ceased to be a real human being to my eyes- he is more of a friggin' living breathing symbol. Stannis' spirits got crushed pretty fast after Ramsay's really hard blow. Maybe somehow, though a rather vague way, Borgia Jr. IS responsible for Shireen's death => Stannis being aided by the Fire God to fuck Roose's shit up. Maybe Stannis, stricken with grief and completely lonely, will become some sort of Mad King 2.0...?
Seen somewhere that Daenerys "finally found the strength necessary to become the Dragon Queen". Screw that. What will she do with the two brovaz locked in the darkness? If she doesn't act as needed, maybe those Sons of the Bitch find a way to nail them while she is soaring high. Varys got left behind, the Greyjoys are sitting around... most of the events in this season have been darn grim. Everything got tenser and tenser, Tyrion and Varys' hope for Westeros is not capable to adapt. Because of her ambition, or because of the natives who always hold her for a stranger, or both. The Black Brothers are also devoid of understanding and every living thing can go to shit as long as they hold their grudges against the Wildlings. Maybe Bran will show up to somehow save anyone'sday, if not the day?

nasum
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:58 pm 

This season is bollocks. It's mostly filler, and I guess E10 will be overtly shocking, brutal and else to "break the Internet" and compensate for boring season.

I hate how they ruined Stannis character, people expected Shireen might get burned, but by Melissandre acting on her own, since Shireen and Selyse were left behind at the Wall, they're not with Stannis marching on the Winterfell. I guess this means Stannis is done in Winds of Winter, he's now most hated character on the show, I guess.

I expect spoilers for Winds of Winter in last episode, I guess we'll find out if Jon is alive or not in the books (will he warg or not, maybe even if R+L=J is true).

It's probably his idea of metal. That Black Sabbath and Trouble stuff doesn't have enough gangsta giving the finger.

Erotetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:22 pm 

nasum wrote:
he's now most hated character on the show, I guess.

why? he's
kinda an Abrahamic hero figure.
isn't it lovely how much he believes in the fire god guy in this world of evil ice monsters?

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:33 pm 

Erotetic wrote:
why? he's
kinda an Abrahamic hero figure.
isn't it lovely how much he believes in the fire god guy in this world of evil ice monsters?

I don't think anyone likes Abraham or considers him a heroic figure either.

Derigin
Arbiter of the Covenant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:20 pm 

Believes in the fire god? No, not really. Stannis believes in power, duty, and majesty. He sees it as his job and his right to impose his will on others, break the backs of rebellions, and lead the world as - essentially - its benevolent dictator. He respects people who do his bidding, do not question his authority, and who can be useful to him. Melisandre and Davos are useful for him. She has a (proven?) track of using magic successfully. Davos has the means to do things unquestionably as a result of his fierce loyalty to Stannis.

Personally, Stannis is probably the worst "candidate" among all of the pretenders for actually being a "King." Unlike Dany, he really doesn't take advice well; it's his way or the highway. Unlike Jon, his entitlement over the title and prestige of majesty totally blind him when it comes to any sense of humility. Unlike others he doesn't really seem to understand the use of "carrots," only the "stick." In many ways he's very short-sighted by trying to be long-sighted and it shows in many of his decisions. If he was actually a King at King's Landing, you would expect to see someone who expects everyone to bow to him and pay him homage, while neglecting the day-to-day business of running the kingdom in favor of constant war and harsh edicts to "maintain order." Fuck that. He may not be a sadist, but he's far from being a benevolent, empathetic guy.

Don't get me wrong, Stannis is a great military general, and a born leader, but a good King... no.

Meditari
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:48 am 

I must be one of the very few people who has enjoyed this season since the first episode...

The one thing that I'm uncertain about is where Jaime's character arc is headed. My first thought was that Doran would find out about Cercei's imprisonment and use it to make some kind of deal with Jaime to help him, while agreeing to show mercy on the sand snakes and Bronn on the condition that they help Jaime achieve his side of the deal, but I suppose that's not happening. Doran definitely has something planned, though. And I still don't trust Ellaria.

I think Stannis (fuck Stannis by the way) has a good shot at winning the upcoming battle, or at least dealing a severe blow to the Boltons, but this is GoT and nothing is that simple (unless your Ramsey). Even if he DOES win, there's still the fact that Brienne, who has vowed to kill Stannis, is also at Winterfell, and his men might not be extremely inclined to follow him for much longer after his little bonfire last episode. I can only imagine how Davos is going to take this. Likewise, does anyone else think there might be a 3rd army that will be involved? The "the north remembers..." moment for Sansa might culminate in that way (if any), and we already know that Littlefinger plans to take Winterfell from whoever wins, so it's possible that we'll get a surprise 3rd army in the upcoming battle.

I think that Theon is going to come back just enough to help Sansa, or at least I hope so. Maybe Theon will light the candle in the broken tower during the chaos of the attack.

Jon Snow is not having a good time right now. Something I'm very anxious to see is if Davos will get caught up in whatever will happen to Jon, since he's headed back to Castle Black. I guess it's also possible that Davos never left in the first place, though...

And lastly, I hope we see zombie-Gregor in the finale!

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:48 am 

Meditari wrote:

And lastly, I hope we see zombie-Gregor in the finale!

That's looking likely, it was made pretty much inevitable earlier in the season when he stirred on Qyburn's table.

Meditari
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:09 am 

Sooo...I guess I'll give my thoughts here on the finale.

I don't think I've seen a character fall from grace as fast as Stannis did, holy shit. Five minutes and the guy loses everything. His most trusted friend, his daughter, his wife, his witch, and half of his men (I saw that one coming at least). The look on his face as he finds out about all of this was pretty brutal, but this all could've been prevented if he just listened to Davos and retreated back to Castle Black! Yes the battle would have been on hold for awhile, and they'd probably have to leave from there as well eventually, but his family would be alive, his already shitty reputation wouldn't be even worse, and his war would still be on. Oh, and he'd still be alive, assuming Brienne finished him (she probably didn't). People keep saying that he's one of the few who recognizes the real threat of the White Walkers, but it wasn't enough. He still made the same mistake that everyone else is making, and like everyone else is paying/has payed the price. Except the Boltons. Stannis was so adamant about taking his family with him to be safe but now look! They're all DEAD! And now he's reduced to Sandor-levels of ambiguous survival (both involving Brienne, interestingly enough). I only say that because I highly doubt they'd off-screen his death the way they did. Anyway, fucking hell what a massacre. I really wish we could have seen more of the battle at Winterfell, but then I started thinking about: "Why didn't they show us a good fight? Oh, well, because it was never going to be a good fight, it was going to be a slaughter." Also budget reasons probably.

The Boltons! Why are they still alive?! How are they winning EVERYTHING so easily?! I mean, I get it, Stannis lost half of his men, lost morale, and was preparing for a siege and taken a bit off guard when they instead just get rammed by the Boltons. It kind of makes sense from that point of view, but FUCK. George and/or D&D better have some bad shit in store for them. And I mean BEFORE the White Walkers attack. I guess at least Reekon and Sansa seems to have escaped, but where the fuck can they go now?! Maybe to the wall? Ramsay DID reveal to her that Jon was the Lord Commander now so...yeah...about that...

Fuck, D&D. Benjen Stark in the "previously" portion of the beginning, the uplifting music that played when Olly came into Jon's office and told him that Benjen is still alive, "traitor"...just, fuck. That was worst than Ned's death for me. But, I guess there's SOME hope, right? I mean Melisandre is at the wall now, and I doubt they would show us that people can be revived with her kind of magic for it to amount to nothing. If it will amount to anything, it will be with Jon. But if it does, he'd probably be dead awhile before it happens, so who knows just how much of Jon will be there. I guess it's kind of like what Aemon said, "Kill the boy, so that the man can be born", or something like that.

What the hell happened to Arya?! Also, holy shit Arya is vicious! Can't say Trant didn't deserve it, of course. I guess it means that Arya is still Arya for now, but seriously why the fuck is she blind now? And was anyone else thinking that she'd see Syrio or the Hound when she was pulling the faces off of sort of-Jaqen H'ghar? Seemed like a good opportunity for something like that. So, is the Many-Faced God a real thing? So far it seems that, unless magic is independent of a deity, the Fire God, whoever the white walkers worship (if anything), and the Many-Faced God are good candidates for actually existing deities. If that's so, I guess they'd all be the Many-Faced God...

I knew not to trust Ellaria! Her attitude switch was too strange. But still, wouldn't Doran hear about this? I'm guessing the SS of Dorne are going to go into exile/hiding now, but that'd be too smart for them. I mean, I know the Lannisters had it coming, but, of course, one of the few innocent Lannisters is the one to die. Poor Jaime and Myrcella...I don't expect good things to be in store for Jaime when he returns, especially after all of the shit hitting his family lately. Kings Landing is completely fucked.

Speaking of which, Cercei's walk was pretty damn brutal, and I actually felt pretty bad for her...but we got Zombie-Gregor! Holy shit is Cercei is going to wreck some havoc soon.

I don't have much to say about Meereen and Dany other than it was the only sort of "light" moment that we got this episode until the Dothraki appeared. That's not going to end well. I thought the dialogue all around was pretty entertaining, and Tyrion, Grey Worm, Missy, and now Varys ruling Meereen is a little exciting. Also, poor Drogon...

So. This was by far the most depressing season of this show. "Bad" guys winning left and right with no effort, characters whose progression we've been following for seasons being brutally reduced to so little in just a few minutes, fucking hell. Winter is here. It was a tough season, but here's to hoping the next season will lighten the fuck up on our characters a little, otherwise I hope the White Walkers just destroy everything.

Last edited by Meditari on Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next