Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Slaytalllica
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:39 pm 

This band doesn't have a page here, and they aren't listed as a Similar Artist for Pentagram or Sabbath, how can we fix this???

Youtube: show

toake
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:55 pm 

One of the best new bands out there, very surprised they aren't listed as well.

Oxenkiller
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:48 pm 

It's definitely decent. Not mindblowing; for one thing, there are already a lot of bands out there who do this sort of retro-Sabbath rock n'roll thing, so these guys aren't exactly original- but still, I kind of like it. I wouldn't mind seeing them on this site, although maybe the hang-up is they lean too much toward rock (vs totally metal) or something, I dunno.

Twisted_Psychology
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:27 pm 

As someone who more or less lives for this style of music, I could go either way on a band like this being on the Archives. There are plenty of dark Sabbath and Pentagram moments but there's even more Blue Cheer and Dust among other things. Either way, I don't think I've really heard a band nail the 70s production style this well so I guess I have a new favorite thing now. Thanks for that.

Slaytalllica
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:18 am 

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
As someone who more or less lives for this style of music, I could go either way on a band like this being on the Archives. There are plenty of dark Sabbath and Pentagram moments but there's even more Blue Cheer and Dust among other things. Either way, I don't think I've really heard a band nail the 70s production style this well so I guess I have a new favorite thing now. Thanks for that.

This is my favorite style as well. Dust is another of my favorites too, though I wouldn't consider them heavy enough for the Archives, they are more in the vein of Zeppelin, but Dunbarrow is definitely heavy enough if Sabbath, Nigh Sun, Buffalo, and Pentagram, among others, are.

Btw, if you have any other recommendations for this style let me know, I always love to find some more.

Slaytalllica
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:28 am 

Oxenkiller wrote:
It's definitely decent. Not mindblowing; for one thing, there are already a lot of bands out there who do this sort of retro-Sabbath rock n'roll thing, so these guys aren't exactly original- but still, I kind of like it. I wouldn't mind seeing them on this site, although maybe the hang-up is they lean too much toward rock (vs totally metal) or something, I dunno.

I'd love to see the list of bands that have the Sabbath rock n roll thing if you don't mind sharing some. I try really hard to find bands like that, it's my favorite genre and the kind I'm most into playing myself.

These guys are one of the few that actually sound out of the 70s, I hear absolutely no modern influences with them, especially true about the singer too, there's nothing modern at all about them at all.

The only other band I've found like this is Orchid.

That's why I was hoping they were listed here so I could see a list of related artists that were on their page

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:13 am 

Instead of wondering why a band isn't listed you could just submit them, you know? It does sound 100% like archetypal heavy metal, so there shouldn't even be any doubt, question or discussion.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:55 am 

they been blacklisted, hobo :)

Metantoine
bébé ours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:15 am 

droneriot wrote:
Instead of wondering why a band isn't listed you could just submit them, you know? It does sound 100% like archetypal heavy metal, so there shouldn't even be any doubt, question or discussion.

Not it doesn't sound like "archetypal heavy metal" at all. They're in the same vein as Graveyard, Kadavar or a rockier early Witchcraft. They play a form of proto doomy heavy metal but with a much stronger rock approach. Azmodes and I agreed that they lacked the necessary heaviness and metal riffs to be on MA. Legit band though.
It's only my ass that's injured!

Dead1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:52 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Azmodes and I agreed that they lacked the necessary heaviness and metal riffs to be on MA.

Isn't that most of power metal? :P

I do think the retro movement has confused metal and hard rock. Even Thin Lizzy is getting confused for metal these days.

Reply to topic