Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
beeneNOLAdoobie
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:25 am
Posts: 149
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:28 am 
 

You know what really grinds my gears? The war on drugs. Which is more like a war on the poor and minorities. This has got to be the biggest waste of time/money/resources that i can fathom. How have we not gotten past the fact that this country will never be drug free? It's time to legalize marijuana for anyone 18 (or 21) and up. Come on, something like 4 billion a year spent on marijuana enforcement, court costs, ect. All for something that is so harmless its lunacy! For christs sake, you can drink too much water and die, you can eat too many raw potatoes and die. You can pretty much do anything to the excess and kill yourself... except smoking weed. Not only that but we ruin peoples lifes for their involvement. Jail time, felonies that keep you from getting a job, even losing a child because its in your possession. Now seriously, taking away a child from their parents and taking away the chance to have a decent job is far more sinister. Myself for example. Im a recreational user of maryjane. Use in the privacy of my own home when only my wife and i are awake (outside in the garage), never get in my car afterwards, but for some reason if i get randomly tested at work i lose my job. Also have the possibilty of the law becoming involved and really fucking my life up. like losing my license for work( i work at a hospital), or even having cps involved because i have a child!

Not only do we need to legalize this, we need to decriminalize the personal possession of all drugs. Crack, heroin, you name it. As long as you arent harming anyone but yourself (like not behind the wheel, not caring for your children, ect.) it should be legal. You should be offered treatment options if anything... not jailtime!!

Also... privatized prisons??? are you fucking kidding me? You mean there are companies that are profiting from people going to jail? Fuck this country for the idiocracy. pharmaceutical lobbyists are behind a large portion of our drug laws. They stand to lose tons of money if certain drugs became legal. And here I am at work pushing all types of lethal things. Soma, Percocet, Valium, Morphine, Dilaudid, Oxycontin... I mean for fucks sake, I could give someone too much IV fluid and kill them. Give them too much potassium and they croak! Its hypocrisy to say these drugs are acceptable... but those (street drugs) arent. Again this country is brainwashed for the most part about drugs. There is a fucking CVS or Walgreens in every neighborhood where I live. They push harder drugs than Ive ever seen on the street.


Jesus i needed to rant. thanks for listening. But seriously... fuck the war on drugs.

some good websites to keep you up to date with all this are:

drugwarrant.com
norml.org
mpp.org
stopthedrugwar.com
justsaynow.com


Last edited by beeneNOLAdoobie on Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
John_Sunlight
President Satan

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:41 am
Posts: 4641
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:31 am 
 

The drug war is American as the drug war.
_________________
Deep Dark Luciferian Art

Top
 Profile  
Expedience
Veteran

Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:22 am
Posts: 3612
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:17 am 
 

beeneNOLAdoobie wrote:
And here I am at work pushing all types of lethal things. Soma, Percocet, Valium, Morphine, Dilaudid, Oxycontin...


Are you a pharmacist or advertiser?

Top
 Profile  
Rild
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:38 pm
Posts: 623
Location: Vancouver
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:19 am 
 

I laugh when people say 'grinds my gears' without any trace of irony. Why are you using the rhetoric of Peter Griffin to make a serious point? Does it add a layer of cynical cartoon credibility to your argument?

But anyway yea I agree with most of your rant. Pot prohibition is completely retarded, it doesn't do anything but mess around with innocent people and create criminals.
_________________
What! Dost thou stand there to fuck Time?

Top
 Profile  
BloodSacrificeShaman
Leopold Herman Stotch

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 3:20 am
Posts: 1704
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:20 am 
 

Aye, the "war on drugs" is a waste of time, resources and money, the latter of which could be put towards much more important things. I find it amazing (not in a good way) that marijuana users can be put in the same prisons as murderers and rapists.
_________________
"Satan, laughing, spreads his wings... OH LORD YEAH!!!"

Top
 Profile  
beeneNOLAdoobie
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:25 am
Posts: 149
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:17 am 
 

Expedience wrote:
beeneNOLAdoobie wrote:
And here I am at work pushing all types of lethal things. Soma, Percocet, Valium, Morphine, Dilaudid, Oxycontin...


Are you a pharmacist or advertiser?


Nurse

just giving names of dangerous yet legal drugs I hand out on a daily basis.

Top
 Profile  
beeneNOLAdoobie
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:25 am
Posts: 149
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:19 am 
 

Rild wrote:
I laugh when people say 'grinds my gears' without any trace of irony. Why are you using the rhetoric of Peter Griffin to make a serious point? Does it add a layer of cynical cartoon credibility to your argument?


finally! thanks for noticing

Top
 Profile  
BasqueStorm
Metalhead

Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 1877
Location: Turks and Caicos Islands
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:13 am 
 

beeneNOLAdoobie wrote:
Also... privatized prisons??? are you fucking kidding me? You mean there are companies that are profiting from people going to jail? Fuck this country for the idiocracy. pharmaceutical lobbyists are behind a large portion of our drug laws. They stand to lose tons of money if certain drugs became legal. And here I am at work pushing all types of lethal things. Soma, Percocet, Valium, Morphine, Dilaudid, Oxycontin... I mean for fucks sake, I could give someone too much IV fluid and kill them. Give them too much potassium and they croak! Its hypocrisy to say these drugs are acceptable... but those (street drugs) arent. Again this country is brainwashed for the most part about drugs. There is a fucking CVS or Walgreens in every neighborhood where I live. They push harder drugs than Ive ever seen on the street.
Jesus i needed to rant. thanks for listening. But seriously... fuck the war on drugs.

I completely agree with you.
I was not aware of the privatized prisons till I saw Sicko by Michael Moore:
http://www.filmaffinity.com/en/film484735.html
Do you think it's an accurate view of reality in the US?

Top
 Profile  
droneriot
RETIRED

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 5237
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:21 am 
 

BasqueStorm wrote:
I was not aware of the privatized prisons till I saw Sicko by Michael Moore:

The bit about privatized prisons is from Capitalism: A Love Story.
_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/droneriot
Join my death/doom group on Last.fm!!
My blog: http://droneriot.blogspot.de/
Alpha Drone at Bandcamp: http://alphadrone.bandcamp.com

Top
 Profile  
BasqueStorm
Metalhead

Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 1877
Location: Turks and Caicos Islands
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:23 am 
 

droneriot wrote:
BasqueStorm wrote:
I was not aware of the privatized prisons till I saw Sicko by Michael Moore:

The bit about privatized prisons is from Capitalism: A Love Story.

Ups... really?!?
Thanks!

Top
 Profile  
beeneNOLAdoobie
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:25 am
Posts: 149
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:26 am 
 

droneriot wrote:
BasqueStorm wrote:
I was not aware of the privatized prisons till I saw Sicko by Michael Moore:

The bit about privatized prisons is from Capitalism: A Love Story.


both are pretty eye opening.

Especially the judge taking kickbacks to send juveniles away. I read recently that he is serving a 28 year sentence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kids_for_cash_scandal

Top
 Profile  
droneriot
RETIRED

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 5237
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:36 am 
 

There was a thread about that on this forum: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=82870
_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/droneriot
Join my death/doom group on Last.fm!!
My blog: http://droneriot.blogspot.de/
Alpha Drone at Bandcamp: http://alphadrone.bandcamp.com

Top
 Profile  
Terri23
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:53 am
Posts: 2085
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:39 am 
 

The fact is there isn't yet enough conclusive evidence on the damage marijuana causes. It definitely causes mental issues, such as psychosis. It also causes the mind to gradually rot away, heavy long term users of marijuana definitely become mentally slower as time goes on. A fact of marijuana is that it is difficult to distinguish the physical side effects it has alongside tobacco, as an overwhelming majority of marijuana users have either previously or currently smoke tobacco.
_________________
metaldiscussor666 wrote:
American isn't a nationality

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

Top
 Profile  
sortalikeadream
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:34 am
Posts: 1555
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:07 pm 
 

Terri23 wrote:
The fact is there isn't yet enough conclusive evidence on the damage marijuana causes. It definitely causes mental issues, such as psychosis. It also causes the mind to gradually rot away, heavy long term users of marijuana definitely become mentally slower as time goes on. A fact of marijuana is that it is difficult to distinguish the physical side effects it has alongside tobacco, as an overwhelming majority of marijuana users have either previously or currently smoke tobacco.


This is irrelevant. We already know how detrimental alcohol and tobacco can be, yet they are still legal.
_________________
John_Sunlight wrote:
Also to the guy who won't check out something amateurish: how are you into metal??

Top
 Profile  
Byrain
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:45 pm
Posts: 1224
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:38 pm 
 

beeneNOLAdoobie wrote:
beeneNOLAdoobie wrote:
And here I am at work pushing all types of lethal things. Soma, Percocet, Valium, Morphine, Dilaudid, Oxycontin...
Nurse

just giving names of dangerous yet legal drugs I hand out on a daily basis.


None of those drugs are dangerous if used properly. Misuse isn't the fault of the drug.

Terri23 wrote:
The fact is there isn't yet enough conclusive evidence on the damage marijuana causes. It definitely causes mental issues, such as psychosis. It also causes the mind to gradually rot away, heavy long term users of marijuana definitely become mentally slower as time goes on. A fact of marijuana is that it is difficult to distinguish the physical side effects it has alongside tobacco, as an overwhelming majority of marijuana users have either previously or currently smoke tobacco.


You're talking out of your ass, not from any real experience or knowledge, so please, just shut up.

Top
 Profile  
Napero
GedankenPanzer

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:16 pm
Posts: 8421
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:14 pm 
 

Byrain wrote:
Terri23 wrote:
The fact is there isn't yet enough conclusive evidence on the damage marijuana causes. It definitely causes mental issues, such as psychosis. It also causes the mind to gradually rot away, heavy long term users of marijuana definitely become mentally slower as time goes on...


You're talking out of your ass, not from any real experience or knowledge, so please, just shut up.

Yes, once again, there are no adverse effects, and MJ is like Vitamin C. And that is worth an insult or two, because the other side has not tried it, and obviously lacks the life experience, and The Man is just spewing lies to obscure the fact that Jesus made marijuana to make life in Eden tolerable, and it has been used by the Apache to cure syphilis and fear of elevators already 17000 years ago, and that the Aryans fed it to their newborn babies to protect them from gout and scurvy which must be true since there are NO fossils of Aryan babies with gout or scurvy, and that people who do not smoke it don't, like, know what they are talking about, and the stories about the psychosis were about cases likely caused by cops meddling in people's lives, DEFINITELY not marijuana, and any statistics mutilated until they look like there's some truth to it have been distorted by the people getting grants from the government to hide the truth; fucking magnets how do they work don't need no statistician to explain it to me, and smoke a bit of weed and eat a Boletus Satanas or a simple fly agaric and then someone drinks your pee and sees the Dark Side of the Moon in FUCKING ULTRAVIOLET while the Ponies of Tindalos frolic in the corners of time, and I simply NEED weed to help with my anxiety or I can't go to get groceries and have been unable since I got pubic hair and smoked for a week, and you can eat a ton of MORPHINE, and it will not help these pains I think I got from the cancer that I just might probably have or get in the future because my diet lacks THC and hemp fibers and I can't sleep unless I get legal marijuana, which, incidentally, improves my driving and should not have any restrictions placed on its use, and maybe if everybody could pay, like, a dollar of tax for every 12-pack of joints, it would pay for the fixing of Bad Stuff, like the deficit caused by the drug money going to criminals instead of the government, and the Prison System makes money on innocent people by penalizing stuff they have every right to have for their personal use and the cops are absolute PIGS for enforcing the laws made by Obama van Hitler and not in the we the people process written down in the Constitution by the Smoking Fathers on actual hemp pergament, and their slaves were given marijuana to liberate them, and Hitler, while it can be pretty much be said that the mammoths are extinct and they never ate marijuana and that there's no absolute proof of causality here but looks like there was a connection, and unless you smoke it for two years every day you DON'T have the EXPERIENCE and you opinion does not count, because if you vote you support the system and all politicians are corrupt and the pigs serve them and confiscated my pot last week GODDAMMIT FUCK, and the heavy users should get to make the laws and everybody would be mellow and fart butterflies, and there would be no crime, maaaan, and did I mention I don't take no shit from anyone who has not smokes at least seven pounds because their opinions do not belong in any discussion on the possible effects MJ might have on the society because they don't know SHIT and their opinion do not thus count, and statistics were invented by Hermann Göring who wanted to ban its use from everybody else so that he'd have more to himself because of the trade embargo the Congoleans placed on Belgium prevented everybody from getting enough and it can be pretty convincing if you really think about a Germany completely stoned off its collective ass NOT attacking the Spainards in 1941 because they's be, like, so peaceful and not in any pain...

We've seen this plenty enough times already, and we all know where this will go if left to grow.
_________________
Chest wounds suck (when properly inflicted).
-Butch-

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group