Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
VictimsOfDeception
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:12 pm 

DrFunkenstein wrote:
It always baffles me how incredibly homosexual it is, and yet the type of guys who like it are generally alpha-male guys who use words like "gay" and "faggot" as insults.

Seriously, who, other than gay men, would want to watch a couple of sweaty dudes with no shirts on 69 each other?

You should try fighting an MMA fighter. I bet you'd get destroyed in seconds.

Avaddons_blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:46 pm 

DrFunkenstein wrote:
HERP DERP, HOW CAN ANYONE LIKE MMA?!@!

Maybe because it's the most brutal sport that's legal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PoBG6X3cM0

Excuse the soundtrack.

Gungnir88
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:20 am 

ThrashingMad wrote:
Anyone watch WEC 47 last night? I forgot to. Are there videos of it anywhere?
mmascraps.com or mmatko.com

RadiationSickness
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:30 pm 

MMA is badass because it's not just limited to one type of martial arts. Such as muay thai, taekwondo, or jiu-jitsu. I've been training in muay thai and taekwondo recently because an mma club might be created here at my school.

Gungnir88
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:29 am 

Bones Jones and JDS very impressive tonight. Would like to see JDS vs Cain and Jones vs Thiago Silva. Now I'm just waiting to watch Dream 13 in a few hours.

~Guest 126069
Skanky

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:13 pm 

Gungnir88 wrote:
Bones Jones and JDS very impressive tonight. Would like to see JDS vs Cain and Jones vs Thiago Silva. Now I'm just waiting to watch Dream 13 in a few hours.

Hey, quit stealing my future match-up picks :p.

Dos Santos definitely looks impressive, but his ground-game is still more or less a mystery at this point. Though, he did have that nice scramble last night, but still, that lasted all of two seconds.

Not entirely sure about Jones though. Vera has looked pretty weak for a while now (then again, I thought he won against Couture, but whatever), so I don't know how much this really proves. But, yeah, T. Silva is a good fight for him; good stand-up, has the ability to possibly control Jones on the ground if he gets reckless.

In other news, Kongo is a goddamn joke.

kronos116
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:09 am 

I was very, very disappointed to see James Irvin get knocked out by Sakara. I thought Irving had some realpotential in the past

SymposiumOfSickness
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:11 pm 

So who's watching UFC 112 tomorrow? I think Silva's got this one easy. Damien Maia has great ground skills but he just can't compete with the Spider's standup. Pretty much the same thing goes for Penn vs. Edgar too. In other mma news, Overeem is finally making his first title defense in May against Brett Rogers. That one should be interesting. I think it's been awhile since Overeem fought here in the States.

mehoff_of_jackness
Nationalist Juggalo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:51 pm 

I've done martial arts since I was a kid. I started with basic Karate and moved on to Hapkido which I've stuck with ever since. I like defensive fighting styles and I like getting people who think that "thay are teh baddest mudderfucka" in joint locks. These days it's something I only practice if I get into a fight, which is maybe twice a year. It's something that's very good to know so you can avoid getting injured by billy badass or charlie chalupa or whatever.

~Guest 126069
Skanky

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:01 pm 

I'm excited for 112 simply for seeing two of the best fighters who have ever competed in MMA, even I kind of know that neither fight is going to be very competitive. I could barely care less about Renzo vs Hughes or any of the other old man fights that the UFC has been putting together lately. Munoz has an okay streak going, so I'm interested to see if he can't get a win over Grove. Otherwise, I'm not exactly interested in the card. UFC 113-115 on the other hand, will be beastly.

Overeem v Rogers will be interesting but only really for what comes afterward. It will be great to see where Rogers is skill-wise, if he can survive the clinch and not get destroyed on the ground. And of course, the Fedor/Overeem fight which will inevitably happen after this fight will be excellent.

Also, anyone pumped for Bellator?

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot, if anyone feels the need to post 112 results (as it actually started at one) please be kind and put a spoiler warning.

SymposiumOfSickness
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:10 am 

Holy shit @ UFC 112. Just...wow. Easily the worst main event fight I've seen in a while.

Avaddons_blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:27 am 

SymposiumOfSickness wrote:
Holy shit @ UFC 112. Just...wow. Easily the worst main event fight I've seen in a while.

It was entertaining for the first few rounds. I have no fucking clue what was going through Silva's mind for the rest of the fight.

The BJ match was strange too. I don't know what BJ was doing that fight. I guess he just didn't care that much about winning.

SymposiumOfSickness
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:50 am 

I don't know, even Silva's theatrics in the first couple rounds kinda annoyed me. He always had a tendency to showboat a little but this was just ridiculous. If he really wants to show everyone how badass he is, why didn't he just destroy Maia in the first two minutes like everyone knew he could? Maia was clearly outclassed on the standup anyway. I found the whole thing pretty embarrassing.

I agree that BJ didn't really seem himself. He seemed a little tentative on his feet when I thought he would get the better of the striking. He also didn't listen to his corner when they told him to take Edgar to the ground. His (left?) leg was wrapped up so maybe he had an injury. He definitely didn't fight the way he fought Diego Sanchez.

Last edited by SymposiumOfSickness on Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leify
A Whisper of Death

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:45 pm 

I don't think BJ has good enough takedowns to have put Edgar on his back, I mean he's never really displayed any.

He was probably afraid of gassing from going for takedowns when he already looked to be having trouble with the pace in the later half of the fight.

~Guest 126069
Skanky

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:47 pm 

Silva's performance wasn't all too surprising, but BJ losing really threw me through a loop. Not only that but the Renzo/Hughes was one of the worst I've ever seen.

SymposiumOfSickness
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:27 pm 

Yeah, I guess his performance wasn't shocking considering his Thales Leites fight, but I figured he would've learned his lesson from that disaster. And ditto on Hughes/Gracie even though I didn't really give a crap about that match anyway.

Avaddons_blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:13 pm 

Is the next Strikeforce going to be on CBS? I want to see Jake Shields get destroyed by Henderson.

Avaddons_blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:56 pm 

Oh yeah, just going to post this to:

http://www.fightmetric.com/fights/Edgar-Penn.html

SymposiumOfSickness
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:02 pm 

Yeah, it's this Saturday I think. Mousasi and Aoki are on the card as well. Should be great.

~Guest 126069
Skanky

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:33 pm 

Strikeforce has been looking really good lately. Hell that Melendez/Aoki fight may be the best lightweight match-up all year. Their Heavy Artillery card looks great as well. Can't wait to see more of Roger fighting MMA.

Avaddons_blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:04 pm 

Mousasi and Aoki are on the card as well. Should be great.

Oh I haven't forgot about Mousasi, he is one of my favorite fighters. I just wish he fought better fighters.

SymposiumOfSickness
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:07 pm 

I agree, their next two events look better than UFC's next event that's for sure. If you ask me, I think the UFC 113 card looks weak as shit aside from Machida vs. Shogun. Kimbo vs. Matt Mitrione on the main card? Really? The fact that they're advertising the fight on the commercials like it's an actual selling point really perplexes me.

Avaddons_blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:14 pm 

Kimbo vs. Matt Mitrione on the main card? Really? The fact that they're advertising the fight on the commercials like it's an actual selling point really perplexes me.

It's amazing considering Kimbo's last fight was a complete snorefest. But he still has that name and internet power.

~Guest 126069
Skanky

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:41 pm 

Avaddons_blood wrote:

Oh I haven't forgot about Mousasi, he is one of my favorite fighters. I just wish he fought better fighters.

Problem is, he's kinda cleaned out the LHW division at this point. I want to see him go down to Middleweight and fight Hendo. Now is that a superfight or what?

~Guest 193166
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:00 pm 

Did anyone get a chance to see the A. Silva - Maia fight? I watched it all the way through. Personally I liked it, although I would have liked to see more action from Silva. He's good enough to put on a superb show with exclusively defense though, which says a lot. For most of the fight he was basically just 'toying' with him. He (Silva) probably at least shunned 9-10 of his takedowns also, I should note.

Musick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:56 pm 

ksevile wrote:
Did anyone get a chance to see the A. Silva - Maia fight? I watched it all the way through. Personally I liked it, although I would have liked to see more action from Silva. He's good enough to put on a superb show with exclusively defense though, which says a lot. For most of the fight he was basically just 'toying' with him. He (Silva) probably at least shunned 9-10 of his takedowns also, I should note.

I lost all respect for him and dont care to watch him fight again. Disgusting performance. He showboats then cant finish fights. I hope Dana denies that clown a chance to fight GSP.

Dana gets mad respect from me tho:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qb5x...layer_embedded

I have had successful trades/sales with:
vegnsanity, DMR, TooHuman, turboeye, minionofkyuss and teuti

Alocer7138r
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:13 am 

that vids gone

Avaddons_blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:30 am 

ThrashingMad wrote:
Avaddons_blood wrote:

Problem is, he's kinda cleaned out the LHW division at this point. I want to see him go down to Middleweight and fight Hendo. Now is that a superfight or what?

I would like that fight, but it seems Mousasi is more interested in going HW.

Scorpio
Healthy Dose of Reality

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:41 am 

Eurnonymous wrote:
my brother does mma, here are a few videos of his fights and training. he's the one with the last name Johnson.

gray trunks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsjgmVsI ... 2D&index=0

camo/tan trunks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRP2_fdA ... 2D&index=1

training with Nogueira; black shirt/shorts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1PKhp1- ... 2D&index=2

i'm not sure how far he's planning to take his fighting career, because he would have to give up everything else in life just to train enough to be as good as he would want to be. but he has been teaching classes lately, and even flies around the country teaching airline pilots how to defend themselves in the case of hijackings. he got into MMA after he returned from the Marines, but he's been into many martial arts and self defense styles as far back as i can remember. couldn't tell you his overall record, but i've seen him win both times i watched him fight.

I have a few comments on the first fight when he does the ankle lock. First, he should finish on his side instead of on his back. It gives you better range of motion to crank. Second, his forearm is too high on his opponent's leg. You want to place it where his achilles is. The other fighter didn't have to tap there. He was in no risk of being injured because the pressure was being applied to his calf.

Here is a vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y90yXhrurw

Notice that your brother has both of his opponent's legs in between his. I've never seen anyone do an ankle lock from that position. It seemed like the guy could have reached under your bro's right leg and lifted it off, then there's nothing. IMO, if you get that position the best move is to triangle your legs at his knees, then heel hook.

Congratulations to him anyway. He won, which is what matters most.

Scorpio
Healthy Dose of Reality

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:49 am 

ksevile wrote:

In the 4th and 5th, he ran away and refused to engage. It wasn't as if he stood in the pocket the whole time and slipped punches. He fought like Kalib Starnes and the ref warned him he was going to take a point away if he kept it up.

Silva acted like an asshole. He showed no respect for people who paid to watch him fight. He did as close to nothing as possible after the 3rd round. Additionally, he was obnoxious to Maia, which was uncalled for. He does that BS when he bows and pretends he's a samurai, but he's an arrogant phony. UFC should teach him a lesson by scheduling him to fight Brock Lesnar.

Scorpio
Healthy Dose of Reality

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:03 am 

ThrashingMad wrote:

Hendo has fought at LHW. He can move up for Mousasi. I'm sure he wants to hold the MW and LHW belts simultaneously. He had both the 185 and 205 titles when Pride FC folded.

~Guest 126069
Skanky

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:21 pm 

Scorpio wrote:
ThrashingMad wrote:

Hendo has fought at LHW. He can move up for Mousasi. I'm sure he wants to hold the MW and LHW belts simultaneously. He had both the 185 and 205 titles when Pride FC folded.

Yeah, I suppose it depends on who's more interested in holding two belts, but either way it works fine.

Avaddons_blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:49 pm 

Man this has been garbage..

SymposiumOfSickness
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:07 pm 

Seriously, dude. I had high hopes for this card (much like UFC 112) and once again I was disappointed. I'm starting to notice a trend of champions completely half-assing it in their fights. First Penn and Silva, now Mousasi and Aoki. And what the fuck was that at the end? A 5-on-1 gang beating. :nono:

~Guest 126069
Skanky

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:50 am 

You don't fuck with Team Cesar Gracie.

Avaddons_blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:10 am 

ThrashingMad wrote:

Because they will gang up on you 5 to one 1 and kick you while your down... I don't think asking "where's my rematch buddy?" constitutes "fucking with." Got bunch of faggots who never graduated high-school disgracing MMA.

CORRO666iVE
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:09 pm 

DrFunkenstein wrote:
It always baffles me how incredibly homosexual it is, and yet the type of guys who like it are generally alpha-male guys who use words like "gay" and "faggot" as insults.

Seriously, who, other than gay men, would want to watch a couple of sweaty dudes with no shirts on 69 each other?

I agree that some moments may look quite gay but still, the argument is retarded. That's like saying that you're gay cause you watch porn in which naked males appear alongside females, and you wack off to their cocks. Or that those male porn actors are gay cause they sometimes have threesomes with other guys. Or that they're gay cause they have a male crew filming them naked with a boner. Or that the crew is very gay for doing that. You get the idea...

yentass
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:35 pm 

Scorpio wrote:
UFC should teach him a lesson by scheduling him to fight Brock Lesnar.

What's the point? Silva will win.
I know nothing of hair care, so bare with me.

Metal dudes, assemble in the shower!

LiveForDoom
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:47 pm 

Avaddons_blood wrote:
ThrashingMad wrote:

Because they will gang up on you 5 to one 1 and kick you while your down... I don't think asking "where's my rematch buddy?" constitutes "fucking with." Got bunch of faggots who never graduated high-school disgracing MMA.

Well then your parents should've raised you better. Miller deserved every kick and punch thrown at him for being a disrespectful fucking idiot. I agree, "You don't fuck with Team Cesar Gracie".

Avaddons_blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:47 pm 

LiveForDoom wrote:
Well then your parents should've raised you better. Miller deserved every kick and punch thrown at him for being a disrespectful fucking idiot. I agree, "You don't fuck with Team Cesar Gracie".

So Miller is the disrespectful because he came out in attempt to hype a rematch and some fucking idiots start a brawl on live TV and basically further soiling the whole organizations chances of getting another deal with CBS? It's like the fucking WWF or something. Team Cesar Gracie is the laughing stock of MMA. First you the Diaz brothers, two mildly retarded assholes who try to keep it "street." They are so fucking pathetic. Then you got Shields who has absolutely no power in his hands. Seriously, I have there is no other MMA fighter who has suck an utter lack of power. Now supposedly they are getting Shinya Aoki who was the biggest douche in Japan, so naturally he will fit right in.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next