Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Fortifiv3
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:33 pm 

Well I was setting traps out in a field at my cabin and a few hours later I returned and found that they were successful and caught a rabbit.
This was at midnight and it is 3 miles away from the cabin.
But then I started to hear coyotes howling and there was lots of them...

I made it home safely but boy it was a long and eerie walk back or shall I say run.

DeadXManiac
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:06 pm 

Me and my friend were outside my old house which was in the country in a forest, and after about 5 minutes we hear a dog barking (nothing new) well then it starts barking franticly and even worse what do we hear? howling! then silence. So I think it's safe to say R.I.P dog. So all in all pretty effing creepy and we booked it back home pretty fast.

Last.fm

ebulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:35 pm 

This didn't happen to me but my sister woke up one morning saying that she had seen aman in her room saying that our grandad was dead and that things would be alright.

So my mum calls up my grandma and lo and behold he had died during the night, now i'm not one to beleive in ghosts or anything because i'm a scientists but my sister then went over to my grandmas and pointed at a picture and said who's that, and apparently it was my grandads brother who had died over the north sea in world war II, and she said thats who visted her.

krampus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:39 pm 

Nightwish's tour manager offered to pay me for "adult services" once. That was creepy.

I had a really vivid nightmare once where I heard this loud popping explosion sound and all of a sudden it was nearing apocalypse.

Two weeks later, I heard that exact popping sound and the bus I was on caught fire.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:54 pm 

At Fort Knox we were set loose in the woods as six-man teams for land navigation course. I knew how to read a map and a compass, but the team designated me "pace counter" since they figured they could do the job better.

Turns out that we got lost for a whole night because these guys were dumbasses. We found the first location with a little trouble and the second wasn't so staggering, but still took a half hour longer than expected. After that, everything went to hell since everyone started arguing, people lagged behind, and others were being dickheads by just not wanting to walk anymore.

Soon, it got dark and recall that this was in the dead of July 2008, so the heat was unbearable, we were carrying rifles with all our gear, and we were all privates with limited water - anything could happen. Basically night started to creep in and people began becoming delusional. We couldn't see shit out there so we busted out the lights.

One person saw another 6-man team's red lights and started running after it, so we had to chase the asshole down. We caught up to him and found nothing, even though I swore I saw something, too. I heard howls in the distance and creeping all over the place. Remember as well that this was place was all forested terrain: hilly, unpredictable, unforgiving, and a host to all sorts of creatures. Spiders were crawling in my clothing, I put on my helmet after a break and felt a rat crawling on my head :ugh:

It doesn't compare to a lot of the deployed guys, but it was just creepy trekking through the wilderness overnight - lost, with limited water and food, and stuck with a bunch of dumbasses. That whole time I kept hearing things jitter in the bushes, things lurking over my shoulder, running ahead of the squad. Lastly, there was an incident where we heard someone screaming, likely a fellow private, so we ran towards it but found only a rifle and canteen.

Two days after we got back, they had us in formation and told us that the only soldier who didn't make it back was still considered missing. That's the last time I remember them ever mentioning him.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Evil_Johnny_666
Reigning king of the night

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:01 pm 

Shit, that's one story.

I don't remember much experience that creepied me out, maybe except after the last show at the MDF, I already have permanent tinnitus, but it got so worse, it was damn loud, particularly on my right hear, and I could hear two tones at the same time, one high pitched and the other... "low". It was like an endless convoy of trucks passing by close to you, I was literally sweating and trembling in my bed unable to sleep. With all the bad thoughts of being stuck with that through my whole life. I really thought I was going to. I never been creeped like that.

Gravemarker
The Bloody Heartland

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:20 pm 

A couple years ago, my family and I were driving home from West Virginia where we spent about a week or so on vacation. We stopped at some hotel for the night, and as soon as we entered our room, I got in one of the beds and tried to get to sleep. I felt a couple tickles on my leg, but I was very tired, so I ignored them and tried to sleep again. A couple minutes later, my mom called my name and told me to get out of the bed. I opened my eyes... to see a cockroach right in front of my face. I jumped out of the bed, and as I did so, I threw the sheets off to the side. I looked at the bed once more to see the entire bed was teeming with cockroaches. Awestruck, I quickly brushed off the few that were still on me, and we got the hell out of there.

It isn't really much compared to OzzyApu's story, but to this day I still shudder at the fact that I spent a few minutes in a roach infested bed with the buggers crawling all over my legs and arms. Certainly not an experience I'm looking to repeat.

UnserHeiligeTod
Lagompräst

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:34 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
Lastly, there was an incident where we heard someone screaming, likely a fellow private, so we ran towards it but found only a rifle and canteen.

What the shit? Are you making that up?

Hellrisen
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:37 pm 

Anytime I've been out walking with my friends when it was 1/2/3/4 AM. Don't get me wrong, I think it can be pretty fun too, but when you're out that late at night things just get a little creepy. Especially when you're walking down streets without lights. Creepiest thing that ever happened to me like this was when me and two of my friends were walking down a road and out of nowhere these drunken frat boy pieces of shit just drive up out of nowhere, blasting this fucking rap music at like 2 AM. They started blaring their car horn at us and threatening us. Luckily they drove away after we didn't respond to anything they were saying. I was almost shitting myself after that.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:37 pm 

UnserHeiligeTod wrote:
OzzyApu wrote:
Lastly, there was an incident where we heard someone screaming, likely a fellow private, so we ran towards it but found only a rifle and canteen.

No I'm not I have a picture of the guy his name was PV2 Mendes. He was with third platoon and I always heard people from that platoon complaining about him. My guess is that he just went AWOL, hell if I know.

Both the rifle and canteen have numbers on them and that's how they matched up who it was that went missing. My guess is that they found him later on, recycled / discharged him, and never bothered to tell us the rest of the story.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:49 pm 

Over a dozen years or so ago, I was in Oceanside, Calif. That place is a beautiful and sunny beach town during the day but once that sun sets down, all sorts of certain beings come crawling out from beneath a rock creeping up on you. I was waiting at the bus stop for a very long time. The streets were pretty empty that night when I noticed a car just sitting at the stop sign from the street adjacent to where I was sitting. I didn't think much of it at first but then I got that sneaking suspicion as there was no traffic or nothing for him to not make a right turn. You ever get that feeling of ever being watched? There you go. So that car is waiting there just stopped for like ten whole minutes. And then a jeep comes heading in my direction. He pulls over and asks me if I need a lift. I kindly decline but he gives me some sob story about his father just having passed away and him needing to talk to someone. He's falling all over his words with some banal attempt to disguise desperation with distraught. I was quite aware of his intent and got up to leave. I crossed the street to leave and when I was walking on the sidewalk of the other side that other vehicle that was sitting at that sign rushed up and that driver was haggling for me to let him give me a lift to my destination. And then the other man in the jeep was right along side him jockeying for position vying for the same "opportunity." I was walking to the main station not too far away trying to fend them both off. I told one of them I didn't want to ride in their car because I knew he was "a fucking homo." To which he replied: "Homo? Like what, homo sapian? Whatever." In his last dire attempt he couldn't resist with his lewd proposition. There were more people just waiting at the bus station so that's where I went. The guy in the jeep finally got out and tried to casually talk with me but it was clear I was not interested nor interested in his persuasion. So that was a pretty creepy experience for me in my youth.

PureNegativism
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:59 pm 

Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:
Shit, that's one story.

I don't remember much experience that creepied me out, maybe except after the last show at the MDF, I already have permanent tinnitus, but it got so worse, it was damn loud, particularly on my right hear, and I could hear two tones at the same time, one high pitched and the other... "low". It was like an endless convoy of trucks passing by close to you, I was literally sweating and trembling in my bed unable to sleep. With all the bad thoughts of being stuck with that through my whole life. I really thought I was going to. I never been creeped like that.

Off topic but interesting - The high noise is the sound of your nervous system and the low is that of your circulatory system(if I recall correctly)

I think when in a circumstance absolutely devoid of sonic stimulation those tones become very pronounced. We will never be able to hear absolute silence as long as we are alive.

Edit - this is probably not true :lol:

Last edited by PureNegativism on Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
UnserHeiligeTod
Lagompräst

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:01 am 

OzzyApu wrote:
UnserHeiligeTod wrote:
OzzyApu wrote:

No I'm not I have a picture of the guy his name was PV2 Mendes. He was with third platoon and I always heard people from that platoon complaining about him. My guess is that he just went AWOL, hell if I know.

Both the rifle and canteen have numbers on them and that's how they matched up who it was that went missing. My guess is that they found him later on, recycled / discharged him, and never bothered to tell us the rest of the story.

Huh, I see. I thought he had been mauled and taken away by a bear or something :lol:

~Guest 183305
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:19 am 

When I was little my family rented a home on Long Island. It was a hot summer night. We had a closed in porch with windows all around it. Since it was cooler there, I asked my Mother if I could sleep on the couch out there. She told me I could, and I slept there. Sometime in the middle of the night, I awoke to a very bright light in my face. There a big tree near one of the windows, and someone or something was in the tree was shining a very bright light on me. I ran upstairs, and told my Mother what had happened. She told me I was having a bad dream, and to go to sleep. I asked if I could sleep with her, and she let me. As I lay down, I saw shadows outside the window of some sort of figures, which looked like people. It was on the second floor, and there was just a small angled roof outside those windows. If was a person, they were doing one hell of a job walking out there. I didn't say anything else, as not to bother my Mother, and hid under the blanket until I fell asleep. I am almost certain someone was outside playing a cruel joke on me. The only reason I have a tiny doubt, is many strange things happened to me, when I lived in that house. It was a very fucked up thing to happen to me, and still disturbs me to this day.

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:21 am 

UnserHeiligeTod wrote:
Huh, I see. I thought he had been mauled and taken away by a bear or something :lol:

There probably would have been more stuff dropped if he'd been attacked by a bear. Like his helmet and such.

krampus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:26 am 

I used to work in a 200 year old music library in a castle like building when I was in college.

I watched "The Silence of the Lambs" for the first time that year and had to work the late shift. To this day, that movie is the scariest one I've ever seen.

There was a really dingy old dumbwaiter-style elevator there and I used it to get to the top floor when all of a sudden the thing stopped and I heard banging sounds.

Remember when Hannibal bursts through the elevator roof in the movie? Imagination got the best of me. Pure terror.

I almost died from the shock, wonder if anyone heard me screaming.

AcidBiker
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:32 am 

One time, just after graduating high school, I was up late every night. The rest of my family worked early in the morning, so I know for sure they were all in bed. In the living room, I saw someone laying across the sofa. There's no way either my parents or my brother could have opened their bedroom doors without me hearing.

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:43 am 

AcidBiker wrote:
One time, just after graduating high school, I was up late every night. The rest of my family worked early in the morning, so I know for sure they were all in bed. In the living room, I saw someone laying across the sofa. There's no way either my parents or my brother could have opened their bedroom doors without me hearing.

You didn't think it might be interesting to investigate?

MaDTransilvanian
Caravan Beyond Redemption

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:49 am 

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
AcidBiker wrote:

Good point. This story doesn't seem to have much of a conclusion.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:49 am 

AcidBiker wrote:

This shit happened to me two months ago, though it's more WTF than creepy to me. I enter the house after work, it's 1am, everyone is sleeping and has their doors open. I noticed someone was sleeping on the couch in the living room next to the door, so I keep quiet and head up stairs.

This wasn't out of the ordinary since my mom likes to stay up late and my dad sleeps somewhere else in the house all the time. I see my mom in her room, sister and her husband in theirs, and I turn on the light in my room and find that my dad is sleeping in my bed...

I dropped all my shit, grabbed my rifle and loaded the bitch with a full mag, and rushed downstairs, only to find that the door was wide open and there was somebody running down the street.

Bad juju, right there. Called the cops and they were on "alert" for a few weeks.

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:02 am 

Oh fuck, that's fuckin' scary!

Incidentally, your dad reminds me of Sarah Winchester, who built a confusing, nonsensically designed house and slept it a different place every night so the ghosts of all the people her husband's gun had killed wouldn't be able to find her.

MaDTransilvanian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:05 am 

Incidentally, your dad reminds me of Sarah Winchester, who built a confusing, nonsensically designed house and slept it a different place every night so the ghosts of all the people her husband's gun had killed wouldn't be able to find her.

Didn't she run out of different places to sleep in at one point? Or was she just alternating between a select number?

Some of the stories in this thread are very interesting. Probably the most fun tavern thread in a long while.

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:09 am 

She probably alternated between them at random. She had the place on constant, round-the-clock construction so that she would have more places to sleep and a more bizarre layout to confuse the ghosts.

MaDTransilvanian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:14 am 

She probably alternated between them at random. She had the place on constant, round-the-clock construction so that she would have more places to sleep and a more bizarre layout to confuse the ghosts.

I looked up what she did online... that was one insane woman. I'd personally be much more frightened of living in the most fucked-up house ever built than of any possible ghosts who'd hate me.

rehab2021
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:27 am 

MaDTransilvanian wrote:
Some of the stories in this thread are very interesting. Probably the most fun tavern thread in a long while.

Indeed; let's try like hell to not let this thread die, though I myself have nothing to contribute, unfortunately.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:36 am 

One time, I drove down to my girlfriend's house. After hanging out for a bit, we both decided we needed to, uh, meet our needs. She suggested this old nearby farm road that would, she assured me, have no traffic on it whatsoever that late at night. We proceeded to start making out, then moved to the back seat when things heated up a bit more. We were pulled off to the side of the road a bit. Right about the time the clothes were finished coming off, this ancient looking pickup truck comes rumbling down the dirt road. We freaked out and ducked down when it drove past but right as it passed, it slammed on the brakes and came to a halt. The driver then slammed it into reverse and pulled back so the headlights were aimed directly into my car. It just fucking sat there with those lights pointed at us. It was a real slasher flick kind of moment. We both freaked out and put our clothes on as fast as possible (minus underwear and with most of the clothes on backwards or inside out) and climbed into the front seat. Fucking terrifying. Eventually the truck just drove off but I'll never forget those headlights with the dust drifting up through the beams of light. Also, that's probably the quickest I've managed to lose an erection, ever.

Another time, after we had done some drinking at my apartment at college, we both went to sleep. My bed was lofted so was literally directly against the windowsill and I was sleeping closer to the window. Some time in the middle of the night, the window, not six inches from where I was laying, just exploded. I was dead asleep when it happened but I must have jumped about two feet in the air off of the bed. In my mind, I could have sworn I heard an explosion (gunshot?) before hearing the window break so I was convinced I was being shot at. I ducked back down just in case another shot was fired. My girlfriend sleeps like the dead, especially when drunk, so it took quite a bit of effort to get her awake. I couldn't believe she slept through it at all, actually. When I did finally manage to get her awake I was whispering as loud as I dared, "Wake up! Someone's fucking shooting at us! The window fucking exploded just now! How did you not hear that?" She was still drunk and half asleep, so her response, over and over, was just, "no, you're dumb, just give me a kiss and go back to sleep." I must've laid there awake for at least another hour but I was too paralyzed with fear to move. Eventually I fell back asleep. In the morning I found the window completely shattered and learned that some asshole had just gone around campus breaking windows for no reason. Still scared me shitless, though.

Last edited by iamntbatman on Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:03 am 

The truck driver was clearly just flashing his lights to congratulate you on your excellent form.

Musick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:33 am 

I dont know if this qualifies as creepy, but it was certainly freaky. Excuse the length of the post.

I managed a fast food restaurant many years ago, which was in an area I considered "questionable" after dark. Not only that, but I regularly carried large sums of cash to a nearby bank. I requested and received permission from the owner to carry concealed while on duty. Always w/ 1 in the chamber. So I get a call one night and was asked by the owner, as a personal favor, to close another resturant he owned a few miles away. Told me the closer in the other store (which I have never worked in before) called in sick and he was in a bind, and needed someone to close. I asked my assistant mgr. if she was willing to work some OT and close up "my" store so I could close the other store. She agreed, so I hit the bathroom, to unload, case and lock my Glock (none of my employees knew I carried, and I wanted to keep it that way...its no ones business but my own and the business owner) and I drove off to this other store.

This location had a nightclub across the street, almost within eye shot of the counter. Basically 2 of the 4 walls were glass, so it was easy to see when a customer was walking around the shop. I had a few drunks in throught the night, but nothing out of the ordinary.

It was about 20 minutes until closing time. I saw a lone guy walking towards the entrance. He opens the door, I greet him with a, "Welcome to (resturant name)", and noticed from at least 15+ feet away his eyes...his pupils were the size of dinner plates, no white, just pupil. I felt uneasy straight away and slowly started backing up towards the back of the store. This guy is mumbling/ranting, all I really remember was him saying, "Blood,life,....spills,red..." as he was just walking towards me (there is a large counter in front of us, but he is walking towards the swinging door that would lead him to behind the counter). He said other words as well, but I dont recall what they were...too mumbled. I didnt even have the time/clarity to say anything to him. Too busy feeling the hair on my arms and the back of my neck standing up I guess. As they say, the eyes are the window to the soul, and I didnt like what I saw.

I continued to back up and this guy leaps across the counter. Didnt even go through the unsecured swinging door, but leaped over a 3 or 4 foot tall counter. Hes still about 15 feet away from me when his feet hit the ground, nothing to seperate us now but air. He now has his right hand behind his back, and still mumbling incoherently. I continue to back up and bump into a wall. Not the complete back of the store mind you, but it might have well as been as far as I was concerned. To this day, I still cannot forget those eyes, those pupils. Things are running in slow motion now. Every step he took, every thought in my head...slow motion. I instinctively reach to the small of my back w/ my right hand and remove my firearm. At the time, it seemed painfully slow, my hand not moving at full speed. My left hand seemed to fumble to lift up my untucked shirt. The draw, again, something I will never forget, was smooth, my left hand mirrored my right as I leveled the front sight to center of mass, my finger drawn to the trigger. At this time his right arm has starting to move away from his back and forward towards me, although his hand is still out of my site. I started to depress the trigger somewhat...it was just SO surreal, I cant say for sure. I remember feeling my finger pulling back on that trigger for what seemed like 3 feet!!

The guy freezes....stops moving forward. He looks at me and says, in a completely coherent, clear and logical tone, "Dude...Im just tripping on 'cid.". He turns around, puts his (now I can see empty) hand on the swinging door and gently pushes it open, and cooly exits the premises. Im still a bit in shock, thinking what almost was, but I walk to the door, lock it up, finish my closing duties (still dont know for sure why, maybe for the routine, the "reality" I was trying to get a grasp on) and got the f out of dodge.

I put in my 2 week notice the next day.

I have had successful trades/sales with:
vegnsanity, DMR, TooHuman, turboeye, minionofkyuss and teuti

Last edited by Musick on Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
krampus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:33 am 

iamntbatman, WOAH! That's so creepy.

Something like that happened to me once too, I was 15 or so watching "Interview With The Vampire" with a friend at her house in suburbia. It was that scene where Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt are having a really quiet intense conversation...all of a sudden the big living room window EXPLODES, glass breaking everywhere, and I hear a car driving off. I panicked and hid behind the couch, sure I was being shot at.

SO SCARY.

probert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:46 am 

i used to have a recurring dream where i was trapped somewhere in the dark and couldnt find a light switch or a lamp (or one that worked) and it would devolve into me being in a huge state of panic. woke up in a sweat one night, reached to turn on my lamp and the lightbulb flashed for a split second and burnt out. more of a coincidence than anything but it was pretty weird.

Bobby_Typhoon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:51 am 

Earlier this year while I was deployed to Iraq, it was relatively quiet. The base wasn't being attacked anywhere near as bad as my first time, so we became very relaxed and not as on guard for mortar/rocket attacks. My roommate and I had just gotten off shift and after I showered I laid down to sleep.

It seemed like I had been asleep for quite some time when the pressure in the room seemed to increase suddenly. I felt like I was being crushed. I couldn't breathe and almost couldn't move. I started trying to scream, though it sounded like nothing was coming out of my mouth. The next thing I know my roommate is shaking me, throwing water on my face and the lights were on.

I asked him what the hell happened and he did the same to me. I asked him about the pressure in the room and not being able to breathe and he looked at me like I was crazy. About 5 minutes later the base came under heavy mortar fire. We both threw on our helmet and vest and laid on the floor. After wards we checked in with work for accountability, went back to our room and said absolutely nothing to one another.

Scariest shit so far while being deployed.

Thor_Evlor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:04 am 

Good thread indeed.

About six years ago I was down in Charleston, IL (Eastern University) partying for the weekend, a shitload of our friends were down there for a weekend rager. I had a 97 Ford Escort Wagon, instead of fighting for a sleeping spot I'd just fold down the backseats and sprawl out - comfy and quiet, and no need to worry about getting Sharpied or teabagged.

Wake up that first morning/afternoon after sleeping like a rock, roll over onto my right side to grab my smokes and roll down the window - that's when I get the feeling that someone's lying next to me, I can feel their body heat just millimeters from my skin.

"Did I get lucky??" I think as I roll over, and there's no one there.

"That's odd..." I think when I feel this sudden pressure on my lower stomach like someone's hopped on, straddling me; I start to sit up when I feel my shoulders being pushed back down, so I push back and get pushed back even harder, this time with my wrists pinned down - like someones kneeling on my chest and holding me down. I bellow out a half roar/half girly squeal and push with all my might, after a few seconds I "break free" and sit upright, wondering just what the fuck happened. Couldn't (and still can't) explain it - I wasn't dreaming, hadn't gotten stoned yet, my doors were locked and the sun was shining bright.

I've had a lot of weird and creepy shit happen over the years...and that's not counting events including psychedelics (that'll have to be another post).

Thor_Evlor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:10 am 

Bobby_Typhoon wrote:
It seemed like I had been asleep for quite some time when the pressure in the room seemed to increase suddenly. I felt like I was being crushed. I couldn't breathe and almost couldn't move. I started trying to scream, though it sounded like nothing was coming out of my mouth.

That happened to me quite a few times in my early 20s; I'd wake up feeling this pressure on me, but I couldn't open my eyes, couldn't breathe, couldn't scream, and couldn't move. I'd just be laying there in a panic, after a few seconds I'd "break free" and open my eyes and try to catch my breathe. Never figured that out either...

Possum Vomit
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:22 am 

I've had a lot of creepy stuff in relation to sleeping happen. I remember distinctly as I was dreaming at about 5 am while sleeping at a mate's house hearing a huge bang (almost like a cap gun sound) and waking up to see that my friend had not even budged or anyone else in the house. The next day I walked down the street only to find a burnt out shell of a car with no one else to be found. One would expect firies to be around.

chrislyles15
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:25 am 

Thor_Evlor wrote:
Good thread indeed.

About six years ago I was down in Charleston, IL (Eastern University) partying for the weekend, a shitload of our friends were down there for a weekend rager. I had a 97 Ford Escort Wagon, instead of fighting for a sleeping spot I'd just fold down the backseats and sprawl out - comfy and quiet, and no need to worry about getting Sharpied or teabagged.

Wake up that first morning/afternoon after sleeping like a rock, roll over onto my right side to grab my smokes and roll down the window - that's when I get the feeling that someone's lying next to me, I can feel their body heat just millimeters from my skin.

"Did I get lucky??" I think as I roll over, and there's no one there.

"That's odd..." I think when I feel this sudden pressure on my lower stomach like someone's hopped on, straddling me; I start to sit up when I feel my shoulders being pushed back down, so I push back and get pushed back even harder, this time with my wrists pinned down - like someones kneeling on my chest and holding me down. I bellow out a half roar/half girly squeal and push with all my might, after a few seconds I "break free" and sit upright, wondering just what the fuck happened. Couldn't (and still can't) explain it - I wasn't dreaming, hadn't gotten stoned yet, my doors were locked and the sun was shining bright.

I've had a lot of weird and creepy shit happen over the years...and that's not counting events including psychedelics (that'll have to be another post).

Maybe you had a ghostly encounter.

Airflla
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:00 am 

Thor_Evlor wrote:
Bobby_Typhoon wrote:
It seemed like I had been asleep for quite some time when the pressure in the room seemed to increase suddenly. I felt like I was being crushed. I couldn't breathe and almost couldn't move. I started trying to scream, though it sounded like nothing was coming out of my mouth.

That happened to me quite a few times in my early 20s; I'd wake up feeling this pressure on me, but I couldn't open my eyes, couldn't breathe, couldn't scream, and couldn't move. I'd just be laying there in a panic, after a few seconds I'd "break free" and open my eyes and try to catch my breathe. Never figured that out either...

Could be sleep paralysis

Ozenrol
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:08 am 

This didn't happen to me, but it's a very creepy story.

My dad was in the marines, and at the time he was sharing a room with a very religious guy. One night my dad wakes up, and he hears laughing. He looks towards the door and he sees two soldiers there dressed in officers uniforms. My dad invites them in, but they just stand there laughing. Obviously that pisses off my dad, and he jumps out of bed and rushes towards the door making like he's going to fight them in order to scare them off.
When he got to the doorway nobody was there, nor was there anyone in the outside hall. At the time he didn't think much of it and went back to sleep.

The next morning his roommate takes him aside and says "Did you see what I saw last night?" and my dad says yeah and wonders what the officers problem was. The roommate shakes his head and says that he saw my dad chase off two men with the heads of lions.

When my dad told me that I thought it was bullshit, but I looked it up about a year ago and found this:

Sabnack (SABNACKE or SALMAC) - fallen angel who appears as a soldier with lion's head... He can change a man’s shape and disposition. (taken from two different sources).

Shat bricks.

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:24 am 

Ozenrol wrote:
This didn't happen to me, but it's a very creepy story.

My dad was in the marines, and at the time he was sharing a room with a very religious guy. One night my dad wakes up, and he hears laughing. He looks towards the door and he sees two soldiers there dressed in officers uniforms. My dad invites them in, but they just stand there laughing. Obviously that pisses off my dad, and he jumps out of bed and rushes towards the door making like he's going to fight them in order to scare them off.
When he got to the doorway nobody was there, nor was there anyone in the outside hall. At the time he didn't think much of it and went back to sleep.

The next morning his roommate takes him aside and says "Did you see what I saw last night?" and my dad says yeah and wonders what the officers problem was. The roommate shakes his head and says that he saw my dad chase off two men with the heads of lions.

When my dad told me that I thought it was bullshit, but I looked it up about a year ago and found this:

Sabnack (SABNACKE or SALMAC) - fallen angel who appears as a soldier with lion's head... He can change a man’s shape and disposition. (taken from two different sources).

Shat bricks.

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=12687
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

Tornado
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:36 am 

In the mid 80's I made this little monster out of plasticine, which had a big purple oval head, bug eyes and a wide toothy mouth. My mate used to make jokes about it every time he came over.

We were watching a horror video many months later, I think it may have been called Creepers, and in the film this monster shows up, and it has a big purple oval head, bug eyes and a wide toothy mouth.

What was worse was that the identical monster which I had made several months earlier was sat on the mantlepiece, looking at us, not 3 feet from the television. Me and my mate looked at each other and screamed out, and then I ran over and smashed the plasticine monster to a pulp. We really freaked out.

The next morning I found the monster fully restored with a smile on its face. Ok, that last part's not true, but just imagine if it was?

ebulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:55 am 

Oh yeah, I forgot the time when me and my friend were in the first year of high school got had just gotten an ice cream from the dairy, finished it started to move off on our bikes when a car goes flying through the fence right where we were staqnding less than 10seconds ago. That freaked me out something terrible

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next