Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:34 pm 

I am introverted, antisocial and I bore or freak out most people due to my personality. Around people I know, I'm pretty normal, and I have my fun and stuff. I don't dress metal very often (band shirt and jeans), but I often wear black. I use metal as an outlet for my emotions, just like videogames. If I wasn't listening to metal, I would go on a killing spree. My point is: metal is a good reflection of who I am.

~Guest 193166
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:12 pm 

My music doesn't really reflect my personality at all. My favorite genres are Thrash and Death but I'm not a "bad" person or a mean person at all. I listen to bands with angry lyrics (Cannibal Corpse) but it doesn't really reflect my personality at all. To be honest, the only person I ever hit in my life was my brother. :lol:

I'm a really nice person although at times I can be a little anti-social or however you describe it but other than that I'm just a regular person. My personality/me and my music taste are basically completely opposites. Metal isn't a reflection of who I am at all, but I love it. :headbang:

krampus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:17 pm 

Nochielo wrote:
If I wasn't listening to metal, I would go on a killing spree. My point is: metal is a good reflection of who I am.

Oh my...

So then that's a big "EFF YOU" to all the pundits who claim metal and video games turn the youth of the world into antisocial violent people. based on a few posts I've seen here, it's keeping y'all sane! :D

Burzukur
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:18 pm 

I like a wide variety of metal, especially the 70's 80's era Motorhead and good old early thrash. When I have some free time I sport my metal regalia with pride (ripped denim vest, torn up jeans all marked up with band logos etc.) I also love black and deaht metal, but I'm not walking around with corpse paint because I would still like to be taken seriosuly. The more extreme genres sort of pop up in the way I talk and joke with people, from morbid humor to satanic graffiti that I leave sometimes. Ironically, everyone at work thinks I'm a sweet christian boy (not that there's anything wrong with being a christian) whilst I whittle phrases like "hail satan" into the bathroom stalls at the local wal mart.

Burzukur
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:22 pm 

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
I have yet to feel a great desire to worship Satan, murder children or fight a dragon on horseback.

I would fight a dragon on horseback. Hail Satan.

krampus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:31 pm 

Screw that, I want to fight a horse while on Satan's back using a dragon as a weapon, throwing in some nude children's corpses while I'm at it to cover all the basics

yogibear
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:04 pm 

How accurately does your taste in music reflect your personality/lifestyle? Do you look a certain way that aligns with your personal music preferences?

I'm into lots of music metal is a fave but so is progressive rock and rock jazz fusion amongst many others. I don't think the music reflects my lifestyle or age since im over 50 and still listen to lots of new metal and new music as well the old classics.I don't look a certain way , i look like an old average dude with lots of weird and strange musics to listen to.

Blacklinkz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:06 pm 

krampus wrote:
Screw that, I want to fight a horse while on Satan's back using a dragon as a weapon, throwing in some nude children's corpses while I'm at it to cover all the basics

While singing: "All horses shall LEAVE THE HALL!!!"

Really, this is pure win

http://intothepandemoniumes.blogspot.com Blog with reviews, articles and other nerdy stuff. Spanish only :/

Defacedcreation
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:38 pm 

I listen to pretty much every type of metal, although thrash, death, heavy and power metal more than any others. I also listen to a good deal of alternative, punk, and hip-hop.

I fall somewhere between a hipster, a jock, and a european fashionista (not so much) when it comes to my style of dress. I wear metal shirts sometimes, but they're definitely not as commonly seen on me as they were about 2-3 years ago.

I'm pretty light-hearted and optimistic, and I really love being around people.

Anthraxinsoup
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:47 pm 

I listen to all stuff expect the new wave of American shit(a7x,korn all that emo core shit)mainly thrash though.

I dress like this ever day,White shirt and some jeans.Just that kid that doesn't care bought any fashion.

I'm a jerk(been told),anti social,violent out bursts,REALLY REALLY ANTI EMO(I scream at emos).It's been that way for years.If your a friend then you know I can have fun,joke,and be nice.

krampus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:53 pm 

Screaming at emos huh?

I've always been of the "live and let live" mindset though I admit when I was 14 I had Ye Olde Mallgoth Hatred of Preps (what the fuck are "preps" anyway really). I used to go out of my way to be abrasive but realized it pushed people away, so now I am just pretty abrasive instead of VERY abrasive. I can honestly say it's part of my personality for better or for worse.

I care a lot about fashion and put lots of effort into crafting perfect outfits.

Anthraxinsoup
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:57 pm 

krampus wrote:
Screaming at emos huh?

I've always been of the "live and let live" mindset though I admit when I was 14 I had Ye Olde Mallgoth Hatred of Preps (what the fuck are "preps" anyway really). I used to go out of my way to be abrasive but realized it pushed people away, so now I am just pretty abrasive instead of VERY abrasive. I can honestly say it's part of my personality for better or for worse.

I care a lot about fashion and put lots of effort into crafting perfect outfits.
I don't care bought fashion.I will dress in my thrash gear for when I'm out at a show,bought it.I hate emos,Men are gay and women are whores.I've been told I'm like keith moon(look like him kinnda too)when you get to know me,if you don't know me I'm a jerk like dave mustaine.

As anti-flag sang

i've been told emo songs are deep,
which translates into really weak!!!!!
all they ever do is cry,
did something get caught in their eyes?
i just can't understand it all,
even i don't always bawl..

boohoohoo.. my girlfriend dumped me and i'm really really hurt...

indie sux, hard-line sux, emo sux, you suck!
indie sux, hard-line sux, emo sux, you suck!

I believe emos should grow some balls,they're life is no where near as bad as mine and I even think mine could be worst.

krampus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:01 pm 

Are you a troll?

You realize Dave Mustaine is a born again Christian who refused to play a festival because Rotting Christ was on the bill?

Is English your first language?

I don't feel one way or the other about emos. In fact I thought they had all graduated to "scene kids" but I'm an old hag so I know nothing of the ways of the young

Anthraxinsoup
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:06 pm 

krampus wrote:
Are you a troll?
No not at all,came her for metal.If I wanted to troll I'd do it on 4chan

Quote:
You realize Dave Mustaine is a born again Christian who refused to play a festival because Rotting Christ was on the bill?
I'm talking the old mustaine before he became a crazy man.

Quote:
Is English your first language?
No just horrible punctuation.

Quote:
I don't feel one way or the other about emos. In fact I thought they had all graduated to "scene kids" but I'm an old hag so I know nothing of the ways of the young
What ever they are need to stop whining and contribute is my point.I have way worse of a life and I don't ever complain in fact I'm happy I least have a house now.They fail in school and won't do anything making the economy worst.

Deucalion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:08 pm 

Do you know any real emo people? Do you even know what emo is?

krampus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:08 pm 

*suppressed giggle*

Q: "Is English your first language?"
A: "No just horrible punctuation"

Emos as you call them can contribute a bit to the world of "creative use of eyeliner." And I maintain with a solid sense of nostalgia that Cursive, despite riding the line between emo and Omaha-indie, is one of the best musical acts ever.

Anthraxinsoup
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:18 pm 

Deucalion wrote:
Do you know any real emo people? Do you even know what emo is?
I know quite a few,They all are annoying don't want to hear them cry.Choices in my opinion.
1.Talk to some one that cares.
2.keep it bottled up/forget bought it/become emotionally void(me).
3.do it.

Sorry krampus,I meant to put yes.Had to take some Vike's(I have to take them for a broken back,waiting for the doctor in 3 more days).Little tired.

Not trying to come off mean,just said I was anti emo.

Deucalion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:20 pm 

Do these people actually listen to emo?

Anthraxinsoup
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:26 pm 

Deucalion wrote:
Do these people actually listen to emo?
No,I just said that.I'm sure a emo wonders in here from time to time.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2