Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
BlackAndRed
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:27 pm 

Hi, I'm 23 and I also wish to get a metal related tattoo. The thing is I want something at least tasteful. I don't want some sick bastard cannibal corpse album cover, or some satanic babies with octopus tentacles and shit coming out of them. Or baphomet goats. I want something that says "metal" to me without being a disgusting monstrosity that will scare my grandchildren lol.

I think the typical thing would be like, a skeleton playing guitar, or something playing guitar. But that seems to common sense to me. I have been looking for something but have yet to find it.

I do very much want to get a dragon tattoo. I've thought of using one from a magic the gathering card game. I have played the game since it came out when I was in like 5th grade maybe. Also, I love the idea of an alien from the Alien movie series. But I want my frist tattoo to be something metal.

I figure I'll post here some guidelines that I want and maybe I can get some responses. And no I'm not asking for you to tell me what is cool, so that I may blindly go into what you guys think is awesome. When I see something I like I will like it because I fucking like it. Not because you do. So don't assume I'm just some idiot trying to see what is coolest to you all and get that.

1. Like I said in the first paragraph I want something tasteful. Sick gore fucked up shit is not what I want.

2. I don't really want something obvious like a guitar or drums. It seems kinda cliche to me. Another reason is I don't play an instrument so it seems silly for me to get one tattooed.

3. I won't do a band name, unless is something like Black Sabbath, which I have thought about.

Also I wish to ask people who have gotten tattoos, what they think about before they get one. I figure, I'm passionate about metal, I should do a metal tattoo. Why would I go get a tattoo of a tiger unless I was like, a fucking tiger rehabilitationist or something? I don't want a tattoo that is completely meaningless to me.

Do you try for a tattoo you have history with? Like maybe the album covers to bands that started you on your metal loving career? I thought of maybe something that I have shared with others but unfortunately that wont apply to much to me cause I was a loner most of my life. The only thing i shared is what my mom brought me up on, which is black sabbath and skid row lol.

I've searched for other tattoos that people have gotten but the results are slim. I think I have to find a picture, maybe an album cover, or some other art, that hasn't been put in tattoo form yet, that I would like to use.

Well any help or tips would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

bangoskank
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:22 am 

the Opeth "O" on each inner wrist.
my tat goal for sure.
*Fap fap fap fap fap*

Creepiest post I've read here so far. Well done.

Snowgrave
Under The Plaintive Sky

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:28 am 

bangoskank wrote:
my tat goal for sure.

I know a girl who has that around her navel. :p

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:33 am 

Snowgrave wrote:
bangoskank wrote:
my tat goal for sure.

I know a girl who has that around her navel. :p

Better than the one I saw with Death's Leprosy.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

FragKrag
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:38 am 

nothing screams metal more than "Fe"

thejuiceisloose
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:46 am 

Inverted cross!

Every time a Christian dies they are sent straight to the Dachau of the underworld for the sin of Jesus worship!

spoonhead
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:12 am 

A skeleton riding a chopper wielding an axe in one hand, pint of ale in the other and a hot bikini clad chick draped over him.

edit; by pint i mean viking drinking horn

Mezentus
Blood on my hands

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:16 am 

The Dissection 666 Inverted Cross [or is it the trident? I forget which] would be fucking awesome.

elf48687789
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:09 am 

Take a look through some cool archeology books.

ROBL250
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:34 am 

Triryche Guitar Tattoo? Thats one nice looking Guitar and a hell of a lot nicer looking than some Pentagram Tatt that 100,000 people already have.

WebOfPiss
Myopic Void

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:37 am 

Pretty sad that you can't find something of significance on your own. What's the point in getting a tattoo? Before you even say it, yes I get the fact that you want our opinions and ideas and you just want a myriad of things to ponder, but that's just the problem...

Nyaricus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:28 pm 

WebOfPiss wrote:
Pretty sad that you can't find something of significance on your own. What's the point in getting a tattoo? Before you even say it, yes I get the fact that you want our opinions and ideas and you just want a myriad of things to ponder, but that's just the problem...

I really dislike these sorts of posts (no offense to the above poster, of course). Ever walk into a CD store, knowing that you want to buy something, but don't know what yet? It's similar to this; obviously the OP has plenty of time to figure out exactly what he wants, and is being cautious (otherwise he wouldn't be asking this question in the first place). He's simply trying to get the other P.O.V.'s to see if anything strikes him as being exactly what he's looking for; that's how human culture and ideas and concepts get transferred.

As to the OP, what immediately sprang to mind was the cover of Amon Amarth's newest TotTG, so maybe some epic battle with a warrior fighting a dragon? Or two dragons battling? That could be a cool arm sleeve or bacl piece, depending on how you set it up.

On a personal note, since I am a fairly skilled artist, I plan on designing all of my own tattoos, and I would encourage you to do the same so long as you possess that talent - otherwise make sure your tattooist is talented or at least has a style you love.

----------------
Now playing: Keep of Kalessin - The Mark of Power

DopeThrone666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:35 am 

Get Eddie from the cover of Killers tattoed on your back.

BlackAndRed
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:59 am 

spoonhead wrote:
A skeleton riding a chopper wielding an axe in one hand, pint of ale in the other and a hot bikini clad chick draped over him.

edit; by pint i mean viking drinking horn

Ha! that sounds pretty awesome lol.

Edit:

So I was sitting on the can, and I thought of something. I've always wanted a dragon tattoo, and I want an alien from the movie series Alien. Soooo, I was thinking an alien, playing guitar. Or maybe an alien on a microphone with his little extra mouth out, as if hes screaming into it, and a dragon playing guitar. The only thing is a dragon doing anything other than breathing fire and ripping apart bodies seems kind of corny to me. But the picture of an alien in my mind playing guitar looks soo fucking badass.

I would have to draw it up and see if i can find a tattoo artist who could make it look better than I could. Maybe Ill just start with the alien and the guitar, I want a dragon, and I'd probably want him to fit into some sort of band with the alien, but how I'm not sure yet.

the_empyreal_lexicon
Captured in Eternity's Eye

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:10 pm 

Mezentus wrote:
The Dissection 666 Inverted Cross [or is it the trident? I forget which] would be fucking awesome.
I had this tattooed to my leg a few years ago.ill post a pic later.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:54 pm 

Come to think of it, the aliens from the Alien movies would make pretty good black metal vocalists.

Noktorn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:27 pm 

A shark jumping out of the water, but the shark has a dick for the top fin, which is inside a huge tittied naked girl riding on top of him who's in ecstasy. The shark is fucking ripped, totally buff, and he's wailing on guitar while he fin-fucks the girl. That's your tattoo.

Member #1 of Zarach 'Baal' Tharagh Crew - Fuck off the musical black metal!

aChapo
Token Jew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:40 pm 

Get the letters Me (for the element of METAL!) with a +666 superscript. The metallest cation EVER!

FragKrag
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:11 pm 

Noktorn wrote:
A shark jumping out of the water, but the shark has a dick for the top fin, which is inside a huge tittied naked girl riding on top of him who's in ecstasy. The shark is fucking ripped, totally buff, and he's wailing on guitar while he fin-fucks the girl. That's your tattoo.

hawt

Slagathjoor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:21 pm 

Noktorn wrote:

Pure... Genius...

I want a tattoo also, but I don't want anything Cheesy and dumb. Look for albums that have really plain, but powerful images. Decapitated's The Negation would be an awesome tattoo on your shoulder or upper arm or chest. I might get Brutal Truth's Evolution Through Revolution tattoo'd, that would look sweet.

BlackAndRed
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:04 am 

Noktorn wrote:

Good god man, you are a fucking genius! Do they pay you for your superior intelligence? I wonder, the midsection of the girl would have to be like, seethrough, so that you know its a huge penis fin inside of her lol.

Anyways, heres a badass tattoo rght here

http://jimsmash.blogspot.com/2007/04/al ... f-day.html

That's fucking awesome! I would seriously consider doing something like that. It may not be directly metal, but cmon, aliens are fuckin metal! ^_^

Samapico
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:28 am 

FragKrag wrote:
nothing screams metal more than "Fe"
:lol:

I feel geeky for getting it...

KC_Slaanesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:44 pm 

Hey man I was 23 last year and I got the Bal-Sagoth logo on the back of my skull, with the Cthonic chronicles icon below it on my neck. ALL HAIL THE IMMORTAL MAJESTY OF BAL-SAGOTH!!!!!!

Magnus_Robot_Fighter
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:04 pm 

You could get a tattoo of bikers riding motorcycles in space.

The_Boss
Set Abominae

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:44 pm 

KC_Slaanesh wrote:
Hey man I was 23 last year and I got the Bal-Sagoth logo on the back of my skull, with the Cthonic chronicles icon below it on my neck. ALL HAIL THE IMMORTAL MAJESTY OF BAL-SAGOTH!!!!!!

I seriously need to see a picture of this now...

TheUglySoldier
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:03 am 

The symbol for lead - one of the heaviest of metals.

Absolute Power: heavy metal and pop culture news, analysis and commentary

ScratchMyBack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:51 am 

The knight in the album cover of Holy Diver.

KC_Slaanesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:58 pm 

The_Boss wrote:
KC_Slaanesh wrote:

I seriously need to see a picture of this now...

Well here you go I made it my profile picture.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/phot ... =818473813

I'd love to see any of you guys' metal ink!

ScratchMyBack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:22 am 

Shoot, I don't have a facebook account, can you upload the pic here?

KC_Slaanesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:49 am 

Come on just mnake an account its free i am a compurter retard, help me out!

ScratchMyBack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:11 am 

KC_Slaanesh wrote:
Come on just mnake an account its free i am a compurter retard, help me out!

:lol: Okay2 looks like I have to fall into the arms of mighty facebook. I was getting sick of facebook becuase everyone's talking about it. Now i'm going to sign up. :lol:

SludgeMetalHead983
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:49 pm 

get the black sabbath demon logo. it represents black sabbath which is the basis for nearly all metal and its not a band name.

Quote:
Tin foil hats on!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.