Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Kalis_Wrath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:29 am 

You asked for it!
I FUCKING HATE WITH A PASSION THAT BURNS HOTTER THAN HELL IT’S SELF NSBM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate bands who seem to always have to have any female member pictured in white, and the guys in black. Get a hint lady, your tits do a fine job at alerting men you own a vagina!
I hate it when a band treats their fans like shit. Fine examples of this would be Metallica, and Danzig.
I hate when a band blantly rips off another band, and tries to play it off like they are the ones who came up with the sound.
I hate when a band like Hatebreed is born, and tortures the metal kingdom with their shitty music, and whiny attitude.
I hate when a band tries to be metal, but have a hippy, or emo attitude.
I hate when a band won’t let cell phones at their gigs. I feel this is popmas, and presumptuous.
I loathe it when a band cancels a gig over small stupid things like their pinky toe is sore. GROW SOME NUTS, MAN! If I can work with cramps so bad I can barely breath, you can certainly get your ass on stage to play!
I have a ton more not coming to me now, but this will be my vent thread when I need it.

Callum_Carcass
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:01 am 

I hate Bleed From Within. Just in general, I hate them. Can't stand them.
And I especially hate anyone who class themselves as a genre they clearly don't belong to, or when people do that to bands.
I also hate people with irrational hatred to people in bands, thus making them hate the music. That is quite confusing thus annoying. People do this about Dave Mustaine and megadeth, Schmeir and Destruction and Abbath and Immortal...etc.

Callum_Carcass
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:06 am 

Kalis_Wrath wrote:
You asked for it!
I FUCKING HATE WITH A PASSION THAT BURNS HOTTER THAN HELL IT’S SELF NSBM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate bands who seem to always have to have any female member pictured in white, and the guys in black. Get a hint lady, your tits do a fine job at alerting men you own a vagina!
I hate it when a band treats their fans like shit. Fine examples of this would be Metallica, and Danzig.
I hate when a band blantly rips off another band, and tries to play it off like they are the ones who came up with the sound.
I hate when a band like Hatebreed is born, and tortures the metal kingdom with their shitty music, and whiny attitude.
I hate when a band tries to be metal, but have a hippy, or emo attitude.
I hate when a band won’t let cell phones at their gigs. I feel this is popmas, and presumptuous.
I loathe it when a band cancels a gig over small stupid things like their pinky toe is sore. GROW SOME NUTS, MAN! If I can work with cramps so bad I can barely breath, you can certainly get your ass on stage to play!
I have a ton more not coming to me now, but this will be my vent thread when I need it.

That's because phone signals fuck around with PA and amps. They make really horrible squeking noises, dunno why. But if I had to stand through that a whole gig, I'd rather I had just turned my phone off.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:32 pm 

Occasionally, it bothers me when a band's guitar melodies and vocals follow each other too rigidly. I feel this was sometimes a problem with My Dying Bride's music, especially when Aaron started to sing clean more often. If you don't know what to do with clean vocals yet, best not use them.

I dislike very obvious and weak-sounding drum machines. I'm well aware that one can programme percussion to make it sound quite varied, dynamic and, if so desired, like more "organic" drum sets, but it seems that many bands and artists are too lazy for that. I do like some older bands that were among the first to use drum machines, like Kraftwerk, though, but in their case I don't really separate individual sounds from the whole package, which is just inventive and fun as hell. I also like a little bit of new-wavey stuff every now and then, and some of that has pretty rigid and artificial-seemingg percussion. Depeche Mode's "Violator"" is one of the few pop albums I really like, but I always sort of delete the horrible synthetic drum noises in my head whenever I listen to it.
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

pseudodraconis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:11 pm 

Callum_Carcass wrote:
That's because phone signals fuck around with PA and amps. They make really horrible squeking noises, dunno why. But if I had to stand through that a whole gig, I'd rather I had just turned my phone off.
That and, really...do you need your cell phone there if you are seeing a band? Do they still make the strange noises when they are turned off? Leave the thing in the car or something if you need it afterwards or to make calls between sets, but, even having only attended a few shows, it's pretty irritating going to a show and seeing more than half the crowd texting or talking on cell phones or some shit. It doesn't make sense to me, and is extremely disrespectful to the bands playing.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:59 pm 

pseudodraconis wrote:
Callum_Carcass wrote:
That and, really...do you need your cell phone there if you are seeing a band? Do they still make the strange noises when they are turned off? Leave the thing in the car or something if you need it afterwards or to make calls between sets, but, even having only attended a few shows, it's pretty irritating going to a show and seeing more than half the crowd texting or talking on cell phones or some shit. It doesn't make sense to me, and is extremely disrespectful to the bands playing.

There used to be some lame folk/powermetal band around here, and one night they did a show at which their female "lead" spent what seemed like the entire set texting on her mobile phone. It was laughable and sad ... I believe theyy got rid of her quickly after that.

HumanWaste5150
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:03 pm 

Abominatrix wrote:
There used to be some lame folk/powermetal band around here, and one night they did a show at which their female "lead" spent what seemed like the entire set texting on her mobile phone. It was laughable and sad ... I believe theyy got rid of her quickly after that.

Before the set? Or while playing :lol:?
We fought to the last breath
Wonder if we will shake hands
Beyond the gates of death

Sagebear
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:05 pm 

Abominatrix wrote:

I sure hope so...

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:09 pm 

HumanWaste5150 wrote:
Abominatrix wrote:

Before the set? Or while playing :lol:?

While playing! Such obvious disinterest is an insult to everyone.

pseudodraconis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:28 pm 

That's pretty fucking awful. I don't understand how a person gets to be so self-centred and unaware.

Kalis_Wrath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:04 am 

Abominatrix wrote:
pseudodraconis wrote:
Callum_Carcass wrote:

I kind of did not make myself more clear with what upsets me about that. I took my black metal god to his first concert, it was The Blackest of the black tour, and Danzig (due to the fact that he has been recorded getting his ass handed to him by a fan I am sure) ordered no cell phones. My black metal god, Sven is a military police officer, and recruiter. He needs his cell on in the event that he is needed for whatever reason that ARMY might need him for. If the ARMY had called him, and he was not able to answer due to Danzig's orders he could be in a lot of trouble. Furthermore, I am the daughter of a test engineering manager for InTel that can vouch for the fact that cell phones do little to nothing to speakers. If your speakers are acting up, I am going to say that it is safe to say it is not the cell phone.

pseudodraconis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:27 am 

Kalis_Wrath wrote:
If your speakers are acting up, I am going to say that it is safe to say it is not the cell phone.
Cell phones cause speakers to emit static. It happens all of the time and is fairly common knowledge(I thought??)

[/derail]

Kalis_Wrath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:32 am 

pseudodraconis wrote:
Kalis_Wrath wrote:
If your speakers are acting up, I am going to say that it is safe to say it is not the cell phone.
Cell phones cause speakers to emit static. It happens all of the time and is fairly common knowledge(I thought??)

[/derail]

My father has done the math, and the static (even radiation) emited from a cell phone is dirsticly less than even a microwave. Your microwave is more likely to cause your speakers to fuck up than your little cell phone. Even my father debunks the scare that air plane companies make about cell phone signals being a danger.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:45 am 

Abominatrix wrote:
Occasionally, it bothers me when a band's guitar melodies and vocals follow each other too rigidly.

Ah, I like when bands do that - can be interesting, when written well. Like Dark at Dawn's third album.

Callum_Carcass
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:39 am 

Kalis_Wrath wrote:
pseudodraconis wrote:
Kalis_Wrath wrote:

[/derail]

My father has done the math, and the static (even radiation) emited from a cell phone is dirsticly less than even a microwave. Your microwave is more likely to cause your speakers to fuck up than your little cell phone. Even my father debunks the scare that air plane companies make about cell phone signals being a danger.

Yeah you're right about phone signals not causing any harm, but most phones now are equipped with bluetooth, which do use microwaves that cause static in speaker boards.

Kalis_Wrath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:17 pm 

Callum_Carcass wrote:
Kalis_Wrath wrote:
pseudodraconis wrote:
Kalis_Wrath wrote:

[/derail]

Yeah you're right about phone signals not causing any harm, but most phones now are equipped with bluetooth, which do use microwaves that cause static in speaker boards.

Not unless you are EXTREAMLY close, and have many phones that is near the speaker with their bluetooth head sets enabled. My phone has bluetooth on it, but I kinda refuse to use it. Not too keen on things inside my ear's. Watching me use q-tip's is probably entertaining to say the least. *LOL*

Pet peeve of the day: Bands that say they will get you their press release to write up a review, and never do. UGH!

neonchipmunk
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:07 am 

Music related pet peeve. Blogs, MySpace pages, websites, etc. that automatically play music when you visit them. If I'm surfing on the computer 9.5/10 times I'M ALREADY LISTENING TO MUSIC SO SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY.

Sagebear
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:12 am 

neonchipmunk wrote:
Music related pet peeve. Blogs, MySpace pages, websites, etc. that automatically play music when you visit them. If I'm surfing on the computer 9.5/10 times I'M ALREADY LISTENING TO MUSIC SO SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY.

It annoys me as well.

Callum_Carcass
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:26 am 

Morbid Angel's Myspace has been attacked by emo faggery. WHAT THE FUCK? I want to listen to Morbid Angel, not 30 second to shite!

Kalis_Wrath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:33 pm 

Callum_Carcass wrote:
Morbid Angel's Myspace has been attacked by emo faggery. WHAT THE FUCK? I want to listen to Morbid Angel, not 30 second to shite!

Here is a pic that will cheer you up... http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... D=23273450 Its a bit small, but the small print reads "Its like goth only for pussies"

Noktorn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:41 pm 

Kalis_Wrath wrote:

pffft

Member #1 of Zarach 'Baal' Tharagh Crew - Fuck off the musical black metal!

Callum_Carcass
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:42 pm 

Kalis_Wrath wrote:
Callum_Carcass wrote:

Here is a pic that will cheer you up... http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... D=23273450 Its a bit small, but the small print reads "Its like goth only for pussies"

Haha! I've got one better though. :P http://www.tovx.com/Motivational%20Posters/emo/emo.jpg

Gravemarker
The Bloody Heartland

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:22 pm 

Noktorn wrote:
Kalis_Wrath wrote:

pffft

Pffft indeed. They write lyrics about white supremacy. Get over it.

Endemoniada
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:33 pm 

neonchipmunk wrote:
Reminds me of another pet peeve. Albums that are otherwise awesome with that one unlistenable track. Changes on Volume 4 for example. Can't really consider it one of the great albums of all time if I have to skip a song.

I hate that too. Especially when magazines etc say that such and such an album is the greatest, when their are noticable fillers on it, or weaker songs. Some albums do really deserve a 10. Here's just a small example:

Rush - Permanent Waves
Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse
Tiamat - Wildhoney
Agalloch - The Mantle
Immortal - Pure Holocast
Dimmu Borgir - Enthrone Darkness Triumphant
Fields of The Nephilim - Elizium
Katatonia - Dance of December Souls & Brave Murder Day
Dissection - Storm of The Lights Bane
In The Woods - Omnio
Cradle of Filth - Dusk And Her Embrace
Opeth - Blackwater Park
Darkthrone - A Blaze in The Northern Sky
Type O Negative - October Rust
Sisters of Mercy - First And Last And Always

It really irks me that some people would\will rate an album very highly just because it has two or three incredible songs on it, and the rest is weak\filler. The way I rate albums is the amount of standout songs highlights that it has, the musicianship, memorability and song arrangments. I also don'nt rate albums on how many singles it has, or how many well known songs it has either.

KC_Slaanesh wrote:
Well here's some things that piss me off:

Bands ending songs with screeching feedback for more than 5 seconds at maximum volume. Why do they do this to me?

I hate that most of my favorite metal from the 80's sounds quieter on my stereo than all the shit now with good production.

I hate that more bands don't have money to remaster their 80's material.

That annoys me no end too. I love when songs end with an unforgettable part, such as an awesome solo etc. Most albums from the 80s where unfortunately recorded using AAD, which means that mostly analogue equipment was used, and the D meaning Digital.

Kalis_Wrath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:01 pm 

Gravemarker wrote:
Noktorn wrote:
Kalis_Wrath wrote:

pffft

Pffft indeed. They write lyrics about white supremacy. Get over it.

I had planed on writing you both all the reasons that I hate NSBM, but alas arguing the point would get neither party anywhere unless you both are up for a mature debate.

Callum_Carcass, I frikin love your anti-emo poster better! I am stealing it for my page. If you have a myspace you can send me a friend invite (or you may link me to yours) and I will give you credit for it.

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:05 pm 

Kalis_Wrath wrote:

Kalis_Wrath wrote:
I had planed on writing you both all the reasons that I hate NSBM, but alas arguing the point would get neither party anywhere unless you both are up for a mature debate.

Callum_Carcass, I frikin love your anti-emo poster better! I am stealing it for my page. If you have a myspace you can send me a friend invite (or you may link me to yours) and I will give you credit for it.

Go away. Please.
Hehe, foreskins.

Kalis_Wrath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:17 pm 

Crick wrote:
Kalis_Wrath wrote:

Kalis_Wrath wrote:

Go away. Please.

Your point is...?

Gravemarker
The Bloody Heartland

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:22 pm 

Kalis_Wrath wrote:
Crick wrote:
Kalis_Wrath wrote:

Kalis_Wrath wrote:

Go away. Please.

Your point is...?

His point is that you're an annoying prick and that you need to leave the hall post-haste.

Crick

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:23 pm 

Kalis_Wrath wrote:
Your point is...?

I'm derailing the thread, so this'll be my last post in response to this.

How can ANYONE possibly ask for a mature debate after posting their "angry thoughts" in all caps and punctuating it with massive amounts of exclamation points, followed by being amused by one of the least intelligent things to grace the internet (motivational posters) making fun of one of the easiest targets ever (emo kids)? If you're going to claim other people aren't mature enough to handle a discussion about your "HATE HOTTER THAN HELL IT'S SELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", then don't bother arguing.
Hehe, foreskins.

Kalis_Wrath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:39 pm 

Crick wrote:
Kalis_Wrath wrote:
Your point is...?

I'm derailing the thread, so this'll be my last post in response to this.

How can ANYONE possibly ask for a mature debate after posting their "angry thoughts" in all caps and punctuating it with massive amounts of exclamation points, followed by being amused by one of the least intelligent things to grace the internet (motivational posters) making fun of one of the easiest targets ever (emo kids)? If you're going to claim other people aren't mature enough to handle a discussion about your "HATE HOTTER THAN HELL IT'S SELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", then don't bother arguing.

You must have mis-spelled your name when you joined. It should have been "Prick". I suppose you are the type of extremely uptight ass wads that can't get any pussy due to your attitude? One can be funny, and have a mature debate about something like NSBM. My point of posting that emo poster was to hopefuly make someone have a laugh. My point with wanting a mature debate was due to the fact that I do not have time for people who are just going to do nothing but bicker and say that I should support something that I am deeply against. I hate NSBM is due to the fact that I am gypsy. Those Nazi shits killed my people. I also truly hate that NSBM stands for the utmost of stupidity in humanity. There is a difference between being proud of one’s heritage, and just hating someone due to their race. I suppose that in this day in age it is too much to ask of people to join us in 2009.

Crick

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:48 pm 

EDIT: Sorry guys, I forgot about the derailment. To stay on topic, I mentioned this in the FFA. I hate when the opening track is the best thing on the album, and the rest of the album just descends in terms of memorability or power as it goes on. It works completely against the concept of buildup and climax. :(

Kalis_Wrath wrote:
You must have mis-spelled your name when you joined. It should have been "Prick". I suppose you are the type of extremely uptight ass wads that can't get any pussy due to your attitude? One can be funny, and have a mature debate about something like NSBM. My point of posting that emo poster was to hopefuly make someone have a laugh. My point with wanting a mature debate was due to the fact that I do not have time for people who are just going to do nothing but bicker and say that I should support something that I am deeply against. I hate NSBM is due to the fact that I am gypsy. Those Nazi shits killed my people. I also truly hate that NSBM stands for the utmost of stupidity in humanity. There is a difference between being proud of one’s heritage, and just hating someone due to their race. I suppose that in this day in age it is too much to ask of people to join us in 2009.

National Socialism /= Racism. Your argument is nullified.
Hehe, foreskins.

Gravemarker
The Bloody Heartland

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:55 pm 

Kalis_Wrath wrote:
You must have mis-spelled your name when you joined. It should have been "Prick". I suppose you are the type of extremely uptight ass wads that can't get any pussy due to your attitude?

I didn't know "mature debate" involved personal attacks against your opponent, much less personal attacks with no basis in fact.

Crick

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:56 pm 

Gravemarker wrote:
Kalis_Wrath wrote:
You must have mis-spelled your name when you joined. It should have been "Prick". I suppose you are the type of extremely uptight ass wads that can't get any pussy due to your attitude?

I didn't know "mature debate" involved personal attacks against your opponent, much less personal attacks with no basis in fact.

Just let it go. I'm fairly sure she's a troll. If not, she'll probably be banned if this keeps up. Try to stay on topic.
Hehe, foreskins.

ForNaught
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:05 pm 

Crick wrote:
EDIT: Sorry guys, I forgot about the derailment. To stay on topic, I mentioned this in the FFA. I hate when the opening track is the best thing on the album, and the rest of the album just descends in terms of memorability or power as it goes on. It works completely against the concept of buildup and climax. :(

I find that annoying too. More broadly, I find it quite disappointing when a band doesn't really consider the pacing of an album. A strong start that peters out is irritating, but not, I think, as bad as those albums that keep some stunners for the end. You know, the ones with the fantastic last track-- but about three very mediocre songs in front, or a set of songs that completely destroy an momentum the album may have built up. As someone who (almost) exclusively listens to albums in full it's essential that blunders of this type not be made. Little ambient interludes can have that effect too, if they are misused. Note, however, that I am not automatically ill-disposed towards ambient bits. It's just very easy, and common, to hurt an album's flow with misapplication.

Kalis_Wrath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:07 pm 

Crick wrote:
Gravemarker wrote:
Kalis_Wrath wrote:

Just let it go. I'm fairly sure she's a troll. If not, she'll probably be banned if this keeps up. Try to stay on topic.

A troll? No. If I was a troll then all my posts would be attacks. I did mean that it seems like Crick is up tight, however the other was said out of anger. I am not delutional, and not afraid to admit when I am wrong. I am finding it funny how you guys still won't tell me why NSBM does the metal kingdom any good. So, I shall mellow out, and let you tell me why it is that I should not hate NSBM...

Noktorn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:25 pm 

Kalis_Wrath wrote:
I hate NSBM is due to the fact that I am gypsy. Those Nazi shits killed my people.

How many gypsys does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Three, one to throw a baby at you while another picks your pocket as the third screws it in.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:29 pm 

Noktorn wrote:
Kalis_Wrath wrote:
I hate NSBM is due to the fact that I am gypsy. Those Nazi shits killed my people.

Three, one to throw a baby at you while another picks your pocket as the third screws it in.

No worries, I'm Polish, Bohemian, and German. Perhaps this explains explains why I can never make up my mind.

Kalis_Wrath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:30 pm 

Smoking_Gnu wrote:
Noktorn wrote:
Kalis_Wrath wrote:

No worries, I'm Polish, Bohemian, and German. Perhaps this explains explains why I can never make up my mind.

*LMAO* Try being Spanish Basque, and Swedish, man!

Noktorn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:31 pm 

Let's have a mature debate about the subject, then. What exactly did the Nazis do which was SO bad?

Kalis_Wrath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:34 pm 

Noktorn wrote:
Let's have a mature debate about the subject, then. What exactly did the Nazis do which was SO bad?

You are kidding about tha question, right?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next