* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Turner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:15 pm 

more Bloodborne goss:

Spoiler: show
Did any of you guys find The One Reborn super-easy? I beat it on my first go without any real effort or strategy. Being my first time on a boss I really only wanted to scope it out, see what its attacks were, then go back and farm for blood vials before taking it on again, but I took it down almost instantly. The only real danger was from the guys shooting fireballs from the balcony above - I dodged them (though not that carefully), healed as needed, and spent the rest of the time just wailing on the boss' limbs and head. He pawed at me a bit from time to time with his arms and legs, but it all seemed really ineffectual. I wouldn't be surprised if the game just glitched somehow and he didn't get to use half his attacks. Anyone else have this?

Even the next boss, Micolash, seems pretty easy. I died the first time but only because I made a mistake - wasn't even fighting him when it happened. I got him to 50% but then he ran off and kept disappearing into mirrors. I ended up disoriented and ran straight off a balcony, haha. I can't imagine this will take many attempts either.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:25 pm 

Yeah I told you the Yahar'gul boss was easier than the level. :P

Edit: though that's honestly the case for 90% of Soulsborne bosses, IMO...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

The Red Snifit
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:27 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
The Red Snifit wrote:
FNaF4's out. Fuck y'all, just bought it. I need another example of why I repressed all those childhood memories of Chuck E. Cheese.

There's a fourth game out already? Didn't the first one come out like a year ago or so? o_O

Gotta make them while the fire's still hot. If I were Scott, I'd have the stories for five more games written out.

I think the best thing about the new one is that the key mechanic is listening. As in, not talking. Probably made for the express purpose of pissing off Youtube facecammers.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:48 am 

HellBlazer wrote:
That's the first Devil May Cry.

You're the first Devil May Cry. Boom. Pow.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:58 am 

Man the hunter in the Grand Cathedral... such a badass motherfucker. Probably the hardest fight in Bloodborne outside of maybe the last two Defiled Chalice bosses. Took me 35 minutes to beat him just now, retried so many times (sometimes I'd just die in seconds, 1 hit from bloodtinged Chikage followed by his Evelyn shot and bam, dead).

But I had to defeat him, even if I only had a +6 weapon and crappy gems. A hunter must hunt.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Turner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:50 am 

Morrigan wrote:
Man the hunter in the Grand Cathedral... such a badass motherfucker. Probably the hardest fight in Bloodborne outside of maybe the last two Defiled Chalice bosses. Took me 35 minutes to beat him just now, retried so many times (sometimes I'd just die in seconds, 1 hit from bloodtinged Chikage followed by his Evelyn shot and bam, dead).

But I had to defeat him, even if I only had a +6 weapon and crappy gems. A hunter must hunt.

Haha, this makes me so glad I messed that bit up and had to fight Eileen the Crow instead there.

Biggie
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:01 am 

I found the hunters in Yahar'gul a bit more difficult, actually, if only because there were 3 of them eager to gang bang me all at once.

captain_che
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:24 am 

Morrigan wrote:

This is one of the things I love about Bloodborne and the Souls games: one player's Everest is another's molehill. I was pretty anxious going into that fight because I'd heard so much about it being tough but I got him first try without much effort and a decent weapon (+6 or 7 saw spear). But I bet some other boss or hunter that gave me tremendous grief was probably just a cruise for you. So weird.

A hoonter must hoont.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:53 pm 

First try? In NG? The chikage hunter?

I call bullshit, sorry. Unless you were massively overlevelled.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

captain_che
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:54 pm 

Morrigan wrote:

Well that's just mean. But, no, it's not bullshit, and I wasn't over-leveled. I just stayed the hell away from him as much as possible to bait the dash attack then used a pistol to bring him to his knees. Sidestepped non-stop and occasionally ran in big circles around him just to put some distance between us.

Ebrietas is where I nearly broke the controller; I spent at least an hour, maybe two on that fight. That damn flying attack :grr:

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:35 pm 

captain_che wrote:
Morrigan wrote:

Well that's just mean. But, no, it's not bullshit, and I wasn't over-leveled. I just stayed the hell away from him as much as possible to bait the dash attack then used a pistol to bring him to his knees. Sidestepped non-stop and occasionally ran in big circles around him just to put some distance between us.

Ebrietas is where I nearly broke the controller; I spent at least an hour, maybe two on that fight. That damn flying attack :grr:

I hope you're not talking about the campaign encounter with Ebrietas.

Try the chalice dungeon with it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQkWIrSM1ws#t=1m00s

Glad I got that recorded, it's freaking hilarious how close things miss me. Was probably the toughest boss fight in the game to me for the platinum.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:21 am 

Back into DeS: Got kinda frustrated/bored with the second phase of Stonefang Tunnel after slogging at it for a while longer. I'm digging the level design but the enemies are dull and super thick-skinned...something tells me I'm not supposed to be here right now ;). Slow going, just don't feel like I'm properly leveled/equipped to do this well yet. So I decided to check out a new area instead – the much-noted Tower of Latria :). Really nice so far, though I've kinda hit another bit of a wall here with figuring out how to make progress past
the impressive, towering bolt thrower. Not sure if the warden's hall is beyond that or if perhaps I missed something along the way. Can't currently access Floor 2. Also unsure if I'm even able to take down that godawful flailing ball of bodies on the lowest dungeon floor. So many dumb deaths, so few answers. Damn you pitfalls!!! :fuck:

Kahalachan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:39 am 

captain_che wrote:

To me, staying the hell away = intentionally letting his HP drain.

I was experimenting to see if that was possible and it seems it is a way to trivialize this fight.

Using my cannon on my Str build I was also able to do massive damage instead of a pistol. Add in some kirkhammer attacks and I got him on my 2nd try.

But just from seeing him in action, you can tell this would be a very hard fight if you took him head on.

Turner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:41 pm 

I haven't beaten Ebrietas yet, but she doesn't *look* too hard. I've only given it 2-3 attempts (in the campaign), and each time I've gotten her down to at least 50% before she wipes me out. Seems like most of the beast-bosses in Bloodborne (haven't played the Souls games) can be beaten if you stick close to their main mass and hack away.

Also I'd just like to say man I fucking hate those brain-sucking things. For 3000 echoes per kill they're great, but the amount of times I've lost like 40,000 echoes in Upper Cathedral Zone now through what seems like pure bad luck... most of the time I can charge up and R1 the hell out of them and they die in 7 hits, other times I get about 3 hits in and regardless of how "on top" I am they'll grab me and start sucking... only for the camera angle to go to shit as I get back up and they get me again and it's all over.... aaaaaagh!

captain_che
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:10 pm 

Xeogred wrote:
I hope you're not talking about the campaign encounter with Ebrietas.

Yep, chalice Ebrietas. Actually, the only bosses I really struggled with were in the chalice dungeons. Great Isz Ebrietas, Defiled Watchdog of the Old Lords, and Great Pthumeru Ihyll Headless Bloodletting Beast. The first two I had to be pretty much perfect against even to stand a chance, the third I found a pretty safe way just to hack him to death lol

Jasper92
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:12 pm 

captain_che wrote:
Just got platinum for The Witcher 3. Total play time = 148 hours and change. Don't think I'll touch a video game for a couple weeks :lol:

Definitely one of the best RPGs I've ever played. Enjoyed every minute.

Nice! I don't think I will reach platinum. I looks like a lot of those trophy's are a pain in the ass to get. But I'm really getting into the game now. I think the first few hours took me quite some days. But after 10 hours or so, the game really sucked me in haha. To a point where I'm dreaming about the game at night..... A few days ago I suddenly woke up in the morning and remembered I had to do something in the game. Don't know anymore what. Fucking hyperfocusses.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:09 am 

Wow, the second section of the Tower of Latria in Demon's Souls is just :love: Once again I'm completely blown away by the amazing environmental design the Souls games boast. It's so impressive how From's design team is able again and again to manage to take level concepts this fantastical and bizarre and execute them so convincingly.

I'm enjoying the crescent axe. It's very no-nonsense but quite effective and fun to use. Love the hammering impacts it dishes out. This is the first heavy weapon I've used in a Souls game, so it's refreshing. Wish the move set were a little more diverse, but I guess that's what alternate weapons are for. Might upgrade my flamberge, but then I'm curious to see what other, possibly more interesting options I'll come across.

captain_che
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:26 am 

Jasper92 wrote:
captain_che wrote:
Just got platinum for The Witcher 3. Total play time = 148 hours and change. Don't think I'll touch a video game for a couple weeks :lol:

Definitely one of the best RPGs I've ever played. Enjoyed every minute.

Nice! I don't think I will reach platinum. I looks like a lot of those trophy's are a pain in the ass to get. But I'm really getting into the game now. I think the first few hours took me quite some days. But after 10 hours or so, the game really sucked me in haha. To a point where I'm dreaming about the game at night..... A few days ago I suddenly woke up in the morning and remembered I had to do something in the game. Don't know anymore what. Fucking hyperfocusses.

None of them are really that painful but like 10 or 11 of them can be missed, which means you need to pay pretty close attention to what you're doing while you play. Completing one mission might auto-fail another, skipping a mission might lock you out of a mission later in the game, certain choices might foreclose certain other choices, letting NPCs die prevents certain kinds of game progression, etc.

The only non-story related trophy that was tedious was shooting 50 people in the head with the crossbow since the crossbow's hit-boxes are all sorts of fucked up.

The Red Snifit
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:40 am 

Just got through Dead Money. It's not my favorite Fallout DLC, but I doubt I'll ever have to worry about caps ever again.

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:14 am 

Replaying the No One Lives Forever games. On first one right now. God, I love this series. The first game is ingrained into my mind, I played it so much in my youth. Wish it would get a third game.

Well, I’m glad to see you for who you really are.

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:10 pm 

So, any of the God of War games actually worth playing? Watched Caddicarus' review of GoW3 Remastered and it looked good, but are there any games in the series at least worth playing?

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:28 pm 

Eh, GoW1 was an above average action game at the time it came out, but I really wouldn't recommend any of them today. Also Kratos is the most insufferable protagonist ever.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:32 pm 

If you like your violence stupid and over-the-top, then play the first one and the first one only. Back when Kratos wasn't a parody of himself. Even then, if you want mindless hack and slash, you could do so much better, I say. Full disclosure, I haven't played the non-numbered games, and never finished the 3rd because it became such a chore.
You'd not take the splendor instilled
And I just couldn’t ask for more"

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:33 pm 

The Red Snifit wrote:
Just got through Dead Money. It's not my favorite Fallout DLC, but I doubt I'll ever have to worry about caps ever again.

I like the concept, and it definitely feels the most "complete" of all the DLCs, but honestly it's just kind of annoying to play a lot of the time. The atmosphere and story rule pretty hard, though. I dunno, the problem with the New Vegas DLC is that there just isn't a very good time to play it - it scales to a certain extent, but the Old World Blues DLC for example will completely overpower your character, the Dead Money DLC will completely drown you in caps, etc. But if you play later on in the vanilla campaign, they're trivially easy, except for the insta-death in Dead Money.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:31 pm 

Under_Starmere wrote:
Wow, the second section of the Tower of Latria in Demon's Souls is just :love: Once again I'm completely blown away by the amazing environmental design the Souls games boast. It's so impressive how From's design team is able again and again to manage to take level concepts this fantastical and bizarre and execute them so convincingly.

I'm enjoying the crescent axe. It's very no-nonsense but quite effective and fun to use. Love the hammering impacts it dishes out. This is the first heavy weapon I've used in a Souls game, so it's refreshing. Wish the move set were a little more diverse, but I guess that's what alternate weapons are for. Might upgrade my flamberge, but then I'm curious to see what other, possibly more interesting options I'll come across.

Greatest level in the history of Souls/Borne. I fucking love Tower of Latria. :-D

If you haven't, you should check out the Claymore just to see how hilariously big it is. That's the monster I used for my NG+++(?) platinum run. The Dark Souls Claymore's are like knives in comparison.

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:41 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
Eh, GoW1 was an above average action game at the time it came out, but I really wouldn't recommend any of them today. Also Kratos is the most insufferable protagonist ever.

This. GoW1 is neat if you've never played any of the games, but the sequels are crappy, the mythology surrounding the series is unendurable, and Kratos is annoying as fuck. Calling him the most insufferable protagonist ever is spot-on.

Obligatory Last FM Link

The Red Snifit
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:44 pm 

failsafeman wrote:
The Red Snifit wrote:

I like the concept, and it definitely feels the most "complete" of all the DLCs, but honestly it's just kind of annoying to play a lot of the time. The atmosphere and story rule pretty hard, though. I dunno, the problem with the New Vegas DLC is that there just isn't a very good time to play it - it scales to a certain extent, but the Old World Blues DLC for example will completely overpower your character, the Dead Money DLC will completely drown you in caps, etc. But if you play later on in the vanilla campaign, they're trivially easy, except for the insta-death in Dead Money.

I actually liked Old World Blues a lot - I disagree with it being trivially easy, though. In fact, probably the most frustrating part about it was that enemies scale up to your level and you can't sneak around them, so whatever build you went in with is rather trivial since you'll be slogging it out with absurdly powerful Roboscorpions no matter what.

Dead Money was pretty uninteresting for the first half. The atmosphere is top-notch and the Ghost People are creepy as hell, but it's absurdly hard to navigate, the framerate is awful, and it's essentially a really long escort mission. It definitely gets more interesting when you get into the hotel itself, but the encounters with your team are incredibly anti-climactic. What I really did like was at the end when you can become incredibly reach by stealing the gold bars, but they slow you down so you can't escape with them. Of course, I figured out how to escape with them anyways, but it was a nice touch/

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:43 am 

Old World Blues was neat, sure, and some of the writing was really excellent, I didn't hate it or anything. But it just doesn't fit well at all into the main game. Also, the character I played it on was heavily energy weapons-centric, and the LAER is ridiculously powerful. Maybe a small guns- or explosives- or melee-oriented character wouldn't do so well.

The_Orphanizer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:54 am 

GuntherTheUndying wrote:
Morrigan wrote:

This. GoW1 is neat if you've never played any of the games, but the sequels are crappy, the mythology surrounding the series is unendurable, and Kratos is annoying as fuck. Calling him the most insufferable protagonist ever is spot-on.

That being said, if you really enjoy the first game and you enjoy these kinds of games, it's worth looking into the numbered sequels. I played them all back-to-back and for the first/only time a few years ago, and I had progressively more fun with each entry. The third game was incredibly over-the-top and insane, but that's what I loved about it; it's the only entry I will replay.

Kratos is completely one-dimensional and stupid, though.

If you have a PS3 and PS+, GoW: Ascension will be free via PSN come Tuesday, so it's probably worth waiting until then to find out if these games are for you.

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:25 pm 

Turner wrote:
Bought the new Need for Speed yesterday... bit of a disappointment. It's very pretty, and the driving is actually pretty fun, but there's too much fast and the furious culture crap going on. It doesn't have that feel those first few NfS games had back on my old pentium, haha. Seems it's all about racing for "respect points" that you can spend on getting mad decals and paint jobs. Boy racer-fodder.

Rivals? I'm actually enjoying it. Just bought it last night, but have only started it today. I also bought The Run and Most Wanted 2. The former I played and beat last night in 4 hours, so I went ahead and requested a refund. The latter I played last night for an hour and had zero fun with, and it seemed way too simplified compared to the first MW game, even seeming more like Burnout than NFS—so I requested a refund for that, too. Rivals is feeling more like Hot Pursuit 3 meets Most Wanted, which is exactly what I've been wanting.

Well, I’m glad to see you for who you really are.

Biggie
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:05 pm 

On Bloodborne: Ramming my head against all Chalice Dungeons in NG has not been a smart move, but it sure makes the final bosses easy as. I heard [final boss spoilers]
Gehrman
was quite hard, yet he was a cakewalk compared to bullshit like the bloodletting beasts, the defiled chalices & what not. I'm actually having fun again :lol:

Quote:
Don't fucking post end-game spoilers untagged, jesus. How many times must I say this?

Sorry. Thought it was common knowledge by now. :oh shit:

Last edited by Biggie on Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:49 pm 

Don't fucking post end-game spoilers untagged, jesus. How many times must I say this?

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:03 pm 

Anyone here played Watch Dogs? I just finished the main campaign with a mod that unlocked the majority of the E3 2012 graphical features. Story/writing? Meh. Song selection? Absolute garbage except for like one Lazerhawk track. "Hacking?" Roughly as realistic as Hackers and nowhere near as fun. But when it all comes down to it, I enjoyed it a helluva lot more than GTA 5. Why? Mainly, it has the hands-down best third-person shooting mechanics I've ever seen in an open world, with a snap to cover and cover-to-cover movement system that just destroys any other open-world game I can think of. This combined with a "Realistic" difficulty setting where you're dead in 2-3 hits and a bullet-time mechanic that's both fun to use (unlike GTA 5's) and isn't OP until you've invested a healthy number of skill points into it makes it fan-fucking-tastically rewarding. On top of that, unlike GTA 5 the majority of the mini-games and side-activities, while no less pointless to do, are actually fun to play, redolent more of a Saints Row than a GTA. No goddamn yoga in this game.

So while I'm not willing to say Watch Dogs creates a more believable city, provides a stronger story or even that it's the better open-world game compared to GTAV, I am willing to say the combat is heads and shoulders better, gives far more challenge and overall I had a lot more fun playing it.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:19 pm 

Wow, darkeningday likes both AssCreed and Watch_Doge. Who knew he was an Ubisoft Game fan?

Also, this is hilarious:
Poor Alien: R, getting trashed for having what became completely standard dual stick controls too early... :lol:

The best part? Oh, wait for it:
The review closes by mentioning you're best waiting for Aliens: Colonial Marines, slated to come out for PS2 some time soon.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:52 pm 

Honestly, you might like AssCreed: Unity too. Nice setting and graphics and music and writing and well made co-op missions, and while the combat ain't exactly Souls it's not the cakewalk all its predecessors were, with enemies that don't scale to your level and who are region-contained (unlike TW3, btw) but are still visitable and defeatable from the very beginning if you've got the chops. The only other AssCreed game I ever liked was the 2nd, and even still, Unity is leaps and bounds better in every conceivable way. The attention to detail is just staggering given the size and I thought it was pretty ballsy to put almost all of the dialog except anything directly involving your character in French without subtitles. It's also nice that they removed almost all of the "glitch" shit failsafeman was complaining about. IDK, worth it if it's on sale imho. You could do a lot worse, for example: Shadow of Mordor.

That said, the one that's coming out at the end of this year looks fucking heinous.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:21 pm 

darkeningday wrote:
Honestly, you might like AssCreed: Unity too.

no

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Dandelo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:47 pm 

darkeningday wrote:
Anyone here played Watch Dogs?

I beat this game a few days ago. The first hour or two was kinda boring, it gets a lot better though. I thought the combat was very fun as well. Some of the story missions have great combat sequences in them, the standout for me being the one where you have to save the protagonist's nephew at the seaside restaurant.

I'd give it a 7/10. I look forward to playing the obvious sequel.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:36 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
darkeningday wrote:
Honestly, you might like AssCreed: Unity too.

no

y?
Dandelo wrote:
darkeningday wrote:
Anyone here played Watch Dogs?

I beat this game a few days ago. The first hour or two was kinda boring, it gets a lot better though. I thought the combat was very fun as well. Some of the story missions have great combat sequences in them, the standout for me being the one where you have to save the protagonist's nephew at the seaside restaurant.

I'd give it a 7/10. I look forward to playing the obvious sequel.

Agreed on all counts. I actually enjoyed the arcadey car handling too but yeah, the combat was the clear standout for the game.

Kahalachan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:56 pm 

Ryu's theme music for Street Fighter V sounds awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDVVQIFPOnw

What Street Fighter shares in common with a game like Dark Souls is its minimalist story telling that is done through the game itself. While arcade mode might tell a short, and often silly story, you get to understand the full story through win quotes, endings, special moves, rival fights, etc.

Anyways, for anyone interested, I comprised a top 10 list of the most powerful Street Fighter characters according to lore. I'm copying and pasting here for anyone interested in catching up on the 20+ years of Street Fighter story.

Top 10 Most Powerful Street Fighter Characters:
(according to lore, not gameplay)

With Evo 2015 finished and Street Fighter V along the way it seems a fun time to assess the entire series and see who is the strongest. This is only taking the games into account, because if you include all other forms of media, it becomes contradictory and non-canon. Win quotes and individual storylines help give a vague overview. Casual players might not understand that Street Fighter III is currently the latest game in the official timeline and Street Fighter IV actually takes place between II and III so keep that in mind.

10. Ryu

Most people who are unfamiliar with the entire series might assume Ryu to be the strongest since he's the main character. Ryu is never depicted as the strongest, but it is often implied that he has the highest ceiling and greatest potential. I don't think Ryu will ever be depicted as the most powerful because the story will always be that Ryu has greater challenges to overcome. Nonetheless, as it stands now, Ryu is an extremely powerful fighter. The 5th most powerful character says that Ryu gave him a good fight in Street Fighter IV and by the end of Street Fighter III, Ryu has learned techniques unique to the 2nd most powerful fighter.

9. Urien

Seen only in Street Fighter III, Urien is 4th place's younger brother and has many of his abilities and strives to be as powerful but falls significant short. However, compared to the other characters, he is quite high on the roster as he underwent much of the same training and genetic modifications as the 4th place character.

8. Vega/M. Bison/Dictator

Due to translation errors, I'll refer to this guy as Dictator, which Americans and Japanese agree to be a common ground method of acknowledging this character. He's the main bad guy in Street Fighter II and the Zero/Alpha series. With his vicious use of psycho power he's held the title of strongest bad guy for quite some time. By the end of Street Fighter II, he is greatly outclassed by number 3 on the list.

7. Gen

In Street Fighter Zero 2, Gen was able to challenge number 3 on the list and give a good fight but because Gen was terminally ill, the match was forfeited due to it being an unfair fight. Gen was able to survive number 3's deathblow, making him extremely powerful even while ill. In Street Fighter IV he is still depicted as extremely powerful but more or less serves as a witness to the events in Street Fighter IV and doesn't strive to be at the top.

In his prime Gen may be one of the most powerful characters in Street Fighter. He knew Chun Li's father and may have also trained her with his quick hands move being similar to Chun Li's hyakuretsukyaku move. Yun and Yang share Gen's moves and since Gen is friends with Lee, who is related to Yun and Yang, it's possible he trained them as well. Gen has helped train 3 highly formidable fighters, making him a true master.

6. Guy

As the current grandmaster of Bushinryu ninjitsu with unfathomable skill, Guy is near the top. In the events of Final Fight, Guy helps Cody and Mike Haggar defeat one of the most ruthless gangs ever. Many of these gang members are seen in Street Fighter rosters, meaning that Guy is capable of taking on several characters at once and still come out on top.

Ridding an entire ciy of nearly all crime isn't good enough. Guy has also taken out Dictator in Street Fighter Zero and rescues Rose from him in Street Fighter IV. Guy also acts as a sparring partner for Ryu, testing his skill.

5. Cody

While Guy helped save an entire city purely for the sake of doing good, Cody developed a bloodlust and desire to fight. At the end of Final Fight, Cody just walks away from his girlfriend looking for another fight and Guy punches him to wake some sense into him, telling him to spend time with his girlfriend. This bloodlust gets Cody in trouble and arrested, although Cody presumably willingly lets himself get arrested so he can fight in prison.

Cody is depicted as being able to easily punch through a brick wall and during the events of Street Fighter, he breaks out of prison several times to find better opponents. Cody willingly leaves the handcuffs on so his opponents can give him a greater challenge. Some of the wiser and most powerful Street Fighter characters can sense that Cody is intentionally holding back in the fight. Cody mentions the other opponents are "boring the crap out of me" in battle.

Cody is an anti-hero and his love of fighting in any location makes him a street fighter personified.

4. Gill

The main antagonist of Street Fighter III did lose to our 3rd place character in battle, but due to his unique and almost immortal resurrection ability, he survived the battle. He has angelic and demi-god like abilities and displays them in battle. Due to his immense power he has a cult who worships him as their messiah.

3. Gouki/Akuma

I'll refer to this character by his Japanese translation. In his absolute prime, Gouki is nearly an unstoppable force. He outclasses all other final bosses throughout the series. His American name is Akuma, which means Devil.

He openly acknowledges very few characters as being suitable opponents. Number 2 and 1 on the list, Cody, and Gen. He sees great potential in Ryu and believes Ryu to be the only candidate who can eventually surpass him. Because of this he wants Ryu to succumb to the same evil force (Satsui no Hado) as him and has a vested interest in Ryu.

Gouki is a morally ambiguous character with a very strict fighting code. He spares Gen in a death match and does not attempt to kill weaker characters, but is quite open and willing to use killing moves on opponents he finds worthy. He is the most fearsome character in Street Fighter.

2. Gouken

Ryu and Ken's master is no doubt near the top. Before Street Fighter IV, Gouken lost to Gouki in battle. Although Gouki performed his fatal Shun Goku Satsu move on him, Gouken enters a calm meditative state and lived. Gouken joins Gen and Gill as one of the few survivors of this technique. Ryu and Ken believe Gouken to be dead but eventually find out he is alive and are told to move on with their lives and that they no longer need a master.

The Kanji on Gouken's gi says "Mu" which translates to "oblivion" or "nothingness." Gouken completely embraces this as he fights with an absolutely clear mind that transcends ordinary consciousness.

At the end of Street Fighter IV, Gouken faces off against Gouki once more with Ryu's future at stake. Gouki wants to force Ryu to give into his evil potential and fight as his equal, while Gouken plans to seal this evil for good and allow Ryu to continue on his own enlightened path. Gouken emerges victorious since Ryu is seen adopting some of Gouken's moves in Street Fighter III, proving Gouken to be the superior fighter.

1. Oro

Like Cody who purposely fights with handcuffs on, Oro also handicaps himself by tying one arm back and fighting one handed. Even with this handicap, Oro defeats the most powerful characters in Street Fighter.

Oro is a hermit who is estimated to be well over 100 years old, although his exact birthday is unknown. Very little is known about him other than the fact he has obtained absolute mastery over his body to be able to live so long and be so powerful. He also possesses a healthy libido at his age and finds Ibuki to be cute.

Aside from his complete mastery over his body, his mind is razor sharp as he possesses telekinetic ability and is able to withstand inhuman environmental pressures with his mental discipline. This allows him to live in and survive in any location on the planet. Oro's stage is in Brazil so he is likely currently residing there.

Because Oro merely tests Gouki by fighting with one hand and we can assume Gouken fights to the best of his ability against Gouki to emerge victorious, it can be safely inferred that Oro is more powerful than Gouken. Oro is the single most powerful character to ever grace the Street Fighter roster.

Notable characters......

Ken - Ken is depicted as Ryu's rival and it is possible he was stronger than Ryu in Street Fighter II since his ending has him getting married and in Street Fighter III he is married with a kid. He now appears less dedicated than Ryu and more settled down in his family life. He is still an extremely skilled fighter.

Sagat - He is the 2nd to last boss in Street Fighter II and eventually leaves Dictator's evil organization to further his own fighting prowess. He is usually seen as barely losing to Ryu in all their matches.

Nash - He taught Guile his greatest techniques. He is able to use just one hand to throw out Sonic Booms, while Guile needs to use both. He is presumed dead at the hands of Dictator but he appears to be a character in Street Fighter V and Abel also seems aware that he is still alive in Street Fighter IV. Surviving Dictator's murderous intent and being superior to Guile puts Nash at a fairly high tier.

Juri - She is able to take on both Chun Li and Cammy at the same time and toy with them. Chun Li boasts being the strongest woman in the world during Street Fighter II, but in Street Fighter IV Juri is definitely far beyond Chun Li and has the audacity to challenge Dictator to lead his criminal organization.

Rose and Dhalsim - Although never shown to be incredible fighters, both characters are highly spiritual and have immense supernatural ability and wisdom far beyond most other characters.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:02 am 

I really enjoy what I'm seeing out of Street Fighter V. Mechanically, it seems far more offensive, fast, and the reliability on dizzy states look to be a super important part of the gameplay. My concern mostly comes from the characters. Ryu looks great, always the most even character. Ken looks wild and Cammy looks totally awesome. I really hate what they did to Charlie. I'm totally on board with reinvention, but Charlie is a charge character. Period. I'm also not sold on Birdie's gimmicky style, but I guess with them announcing Vega and eventually Blanka, I guess Capcom likes their fair share of gimmicky, sly characters. Hopefully a few more Alpha characters make it in, and I know everybody is jonesing for Alex. I'm just waiting for the announcement that my boy, Guile, is in. Put a bow on it and wrap that motherfucker up.

Last edited by ~Guest 98976 on Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 710, 711, 712, 713, 714, 715, 716 ... 940  Next