Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:21 pm 

Xeogred wrote:
Does it have difficulty selection like the others?

Pretty sure, yeah. Definitely play on the easiest - the last level in the prison actually gets quite frustratingly hard.

Smoking_Gnu wrote:
Okay, wait a minute. Playing Dishonored and so far:

-You escape from an oppressive regime through the sewers
-You travel to the ramshackle rebel coalition via boat
-You meet an enigmatic, possibly supernatural man who speaks weirdly at you in a landscape of floating islands and distorted time.

Is this Half-Life 2

Unfortunately not. Dishonored is a pretty cool game with a cool presentation, but MAN is the story predictable. The twist toward the end was so fucking obvious and lame, there should have been a choice to reject it, but instead you get railroaded by a cutscene. Fucking weak.

Foulchrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:47 pm 

I recall getting serious HL2 vibes from the visual style immediately when I first played Dishonored. Had no idea it was the same artist.

Anyone ever beaten Cadash for Megadrive/Genesis? I keep giving it a bash then losing interest because the combat can be a bit clunky and frustrating at times. Shame, because it's an appealing game otherwise. Simple sidescrolling adventure/hack 'n' slash with a leveling system. Nice graphics and atmosphere to boot. If only the gameplay felt a bit more polished.

hots_towel wrote:
here's a fun little challenge. How long can you listen to this before you even smirk? I made it less than 10 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YHgHO8im2s&t=77s

Kahalachan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:53 pm 

VoidOfEternity wrote:

Yep. Before I knew they had announced an upgrade to it, I saw the article announcing Xenoblade Chronicles exclusive to the "new 3DS". I literally went, "Oh, Xenoblade Chronicles on 3DS, that's c-- wait, new, what?"

I'm pretty amped though. I love the 3DS but it's been a little bit dry for releases lately. Maybe this upgrade will give it a kick in the ass and get it going again.

Yeah that's true. I haven't noticed cause I've been playing PS1 games on my PSP. But there aren't any 3DS games outside of Monster Hunter 4 that I'm looking forward to.

I just don't like that my XL is now probably going to feel obsolete. I got it this year.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:22 pm 

I forget my roommate owns Homecoming and Downpour. Started up Homecoming... not sure what to think so far. lol, something about the sound design doesn't seem as good, or the music is just much quieter so it's weird.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:21 pm 

These... fucking controls in Homecoming are KILLING ME! :lol: :grr: :grr: :grr:

I'm past the police department so they're going to bug the living shit out me for the whole thing probably. I also knew going in that you CANNOT INVERT THE Y-AXIS at all which already gives me a major handicap. How terrible can you be to not patch shit like that.

Overall it's not bad though. But I seriously think it looks worse than SH2-4, maybe even compared to Origins. Unfortunately, it's 2008 when early 360/PS3 gen stuff looked like diarrhea. The colors and lighting just don't seem to be nearly as good as the previous games. The entire game has been gray so far. Typically I wouldn't complain about that in a horror game, but it's just all too apparent next to the other games and even Fatal Frame.

The monsters are cool... when the controls aren't boiling my piss.

Spoiler: show
But... why is Pyramid Head in this? Hopefully just a nod and that's the only time I see it.

Necroghast
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:43 pm 

failsafeman wrote:
Unfortunately not. Dishonored is a pretty cool game with a cool presentation, but MAN is the story predictable. The twist toward the end was so fucking obvious and lame, there should have been a choice to reject it, but instead you get railroaded by a cutscene. Fucking weak.

Story line is weak but I find the gameplay really fun. I'm playing through it again right now trying to never be detected and to never kill anyone. Still enjoyable.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:15 pm 

Makes me wanna ask... did anyone bother with the new Thief? I played a good chunk of it but kind of just stopped. It seemed completely okay, but really forgettable too. Even though I know it's where some of Dishonored's roots come from, in the end I'd definitely say it's a better game than the new Thief.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:16 pm 

Someone recently asked on GAF if Thief was worth the sale price of $13 on Steam. The answer was pretty much unanimously "no". Ouch.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:33 pm 

failsafeman wrote:

That sounds like pretty much every Arkane Studios title ever. Ever played Dark Messiah of Might and Magic? Possibly the best first person melee combat ever created, but the story, dialog and characters are atrocious. Still an amazing game, though, and I'd recommend it to any and everyone.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

BlindTortureKill
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:50 pm 

Xeogred wrote:
Makes me wanna ask... did anyone bother with the new Thief? I played a good chunk of it but kind of just stopped. It seemed completely okay, but really forgettable too. Even though I know it's where some of Dishonored's roots come from, in the end I'd definitely say it's a better game than the new Thief.

The new Thief is a Thief game in name only, made by the b-team of a studio that had nothing to with the original. If anything Dishonored is a better successor.

Ugh, I get so fucking bummed whenever Thief is mentioned, the originals are possibly my favourite games, yet in 16 years nothing has even come close.

DCCLXXVII
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:23 pm 

I've been playing this game called Crypt of the NecroDancer. It's a rhythm roguelike and it's absolutely fantastic.
In the light of Christ

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:59 pm 

BlindTortureKill wrote:
Xeogred wrote:

The new Thief is a Thief game in name only, made by the b-team of a studio that had nothing to with the original. If anything Dishonored is a better successor.

Ugh, I get so fucking bummed whenever Thief is mentioned, the originals are possibly my favourite games, yet in 16 years nothing has even come close.

Yeah. I'm generally not the stealthy type, though in Deus Ex styled games I like staying behind the scenes (hacking/lockpicking and winning everyone over with charisma is my style). But the Thief games were truly something else and one of the few exceptions where I completely loved the stealth elements and being in the shadows. Nothing quite like its world either. I have a hard time wondering if I like Thief more than System Shock 2 or not. SS2 for the story, but Thief for the setting/atmosphere and awesome gameplay...

It's just a shame the new Thief turned out to be pretty whatever since I think most of us can agree Eidos Montreal did a great job with Deus Ex. But I think from what I've heard it was largely a different team working on Thief and the game had been scrapped numerous times, so it probably should have just never happened.

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:48 pm 

Kahalachan wrote:
VoidOfEternity wrote:

Yep. Before I knew they had announced an upgrade to it, I saw the article announcing Xenoblade Chronicles exclusive to the "new 3DS". I literally went, "Oh, Xenoblade Chronicles on 3DS, that's c-- wait, new, what?"
I'm pretty amped though. I love the 3DS but it's been a little bit dry for releases lately. Maybe this upgrade will give it a kick in the ass and get it going again.
Yeah that's true. I haven't noticed cause I've been playing PS1 games on my PSP. But there aren't any 3DS games outside of Monster Hunter 4 that I'm looking forward to. I just don't like that my XL is now probably going to feel obsolete. I got it this year.
Is it really a worthy upgrade though? Apparently the CPU is faster yet I've never noticed slowdown and if anything the Nintendo server just needs to be faster, it's on their end. How about release more good games for the eShop, because 2 games a year isn't worth considering at all. The extra buttons don't seem necessary and the placement is poorly thought out, I couldn't care less about a better looking 3D camera or changing the outer cover.

The upgrade is so very minimal, one solitary game isn't going to sway my decision.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:17 pm 

Xeogred wrote:
Overall it's not bad though. But I seriously think it looks worse than SH2-4, maybe even compared to Origins. Unfortunately, it's 2008 when early 360/PS3 gen stuff looked like diarrhea. The colors and lighting just don't seem to be nearly as good as the previous games. The entire game has been gray so far. Typically I wouldn't complain about that in a horror game, but it's just all too apparent next to the other games and even Fatal Frame.

I played it on PC, so the controls were fine and the game looked good to me. Regular Silent Hill intentionally looks very gray; when you get to the Otherworld, you'll see the difference. I liked the look of it pretty well, especially once you get to the Otherworld version of your house. Some of it does end up looking pretty bland, though.

Xeogred wrote:
But... why is Pyramid Head in this? Hopefully just a nod and that's the only time I see it.

It's sort of a nod/fanservice that becomes more than that later on. They make some decent use of him, but mostly it's another case of them totally not getting the lore.

darkeningday wrote:
That sounds like pretty much every Arkane Studios title ever. Ever played Dark Messiah of Might and Magic? Possibly the best first person melee combat ever created, but the story, dialog and characters are atrocious. Still an amazing game, though, and I'd recommend it to any and everyone.

I haven't, but it's been on my radar for a while. I'll throw it on my Steam wishlist.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:18 pm 

EDIT: Oh, I beat it FSM. Bombs incoming.

Lazy Sunday, so I just marathoned Saw Hill Homecoming and beat it. That ending... was truly... an absolute nightmare of putrid molten diarrhea. The fuck?

Overall thoughts: http://i.imgur.com/7LwoUGe.gif

It definitely lives up to the hype, it was terrible. I could maybe even hate it more if it were completely stand alone, even though it just shits all over the Silent Hill name, I don't know. I think the best part was the cameo with Travis dropping off the main character at the beginning. The last boss had me laughing out loud pretty good, damn it looked hilariously stupid.

I'd probably give a 5/10.

Thoughts and spoilers:
- The ending I got was him waking up strapped down and being tortured. Oh...kay.
- Watching the other endings, they don't make sense or seem anymore rewarding. lmfao, what the fuck is the official ending? His dad killed him? He saves Josh and he's alive? What the hell.
- Pyramid Head. No, just no. If they absolutely had to throw in a nod to Pyramid Head, how about just tossing in his weapon dragging sound effect somewhere so fans could wonder "what if"? Instead of blatantly giving us a cutscene. Hated it.
- Shephard's Glen... who gives a shit about Shephard's Glen? I'm here to play and be in Silent Hill thank you. Oh... The Order just decided to move? lmao... oh.
- I think like FSM was saying, it was just way too much like the movie. I really enjoy the otherworld design and looks in SH1 and SH3, even Origins got it down. But this? Something about it was just different and really boring. It lacked the upside down bodies and demonic stuff, I don't know. It was just boring. Along with the game basically being black and white.
- Going along with that, the violence just felt too forced and over the top. Like they thought Silent Hill is about shock value. Um, anything but that fellas. The violence here was just cracking me up for all the wrong reasons. The dad being split in half, lol.
- Too many characters and too forced. The Wheeler stuff just really threw me off and didn't feel right. The way the characters were integrated previously was just far more subtle which is how it should be in these weird lonely isolated journeys.
- I already complained enough about the combat/controls. Awful.
- Then... they did it. They put human enemies in Silent Hill. You have got to me joking. FUUUUUCK. I didn't care about this in Dead Space 3, and it was passable in Resident Evil 5... but this? What a joke. Not to mention the entire final level was just complete crap. Man, I HATED this so much about this one. What were two of the scariest moments in SH1 and SH2 to me? When I had to kill human characters, with my own two human hands. You had to end the few remnants of humanity around you. There was so much weight behind those encounters, up to those points you were just fending off "things" with no guilt whatsoever, but when you are forced to fight Cybil/Billie... man that was frightening stuff to me. Maybe it's just me? But hey here we go in Homecoming, humans are just meat and potatoes. Beat them up, because you HAVE to and there's a lot! Like it or not! I wanted to tap out at the boat kidnapping scene. Seriously, the game was already nosediving into turds and this just piledrived it in there.
- The SH4 ghost noises in the last level. Now I'm being picky, but fuck that it pissed me off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lzZ5xzVWS0

Eh, maybe a 4/10. Definitely one I'll never be playing again. RE6 actually ends up beating this one for me.

Well, if Downpour has good story/atmosphere that might win me over, since I'm all over SH4's nuts because it's so damn good in those departments, despite it's flaws. But nothing had me yelling at loud or almost wanting to toss the controller as the gameplay in Homecoming did. By the end of it, yeah I was loaded with items/ammo, but still. It was fucking annoying, please don't have dodging mechanics in survival horror. Jeezus.

FSM, on the PS3 you use L2 to lock on and then circle for dodging, square/x for the hits. I don't know, coming out of Dark Souls and just about any other 3rd person game ever, these controls really boiled my piss. I kept wanting to hit the shoulder buttons which sent you into the menus, but then R2 was used to shoot guns (while holding L2 for this as well). The hell? Also apparently the invert option works... when you aim with guns. So when you're aiming with a gun the controls correctly reflect your option selection, otherwise no it's forced to non-inverted. This did not help a damn bit. Clusterfuck bad controls.

For whatever reason, I like that the other games showcase Silent Hill during a cloudy forecast. There's something eerie about those outside moments being your moment of "light" and the fog was more intimidating and claustrophobic. This game having the outside parts being at night, I don't know, you'd maybe think otherwise but I thought it made it less creepy.

The doll boss was awesome.

Last edited by Xeogred on Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:30 pm 

Xeogred wrote:
I kept wanting to hit the shoulder buttons which sent you into the menus

:lol:

Come clean, you played this on Easy, didn't you?

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:35 pm 

Under_Starmere wrote:
Xeogred wrote:
I kept wanting to hit the shoulder buttons which sent you into the menus

:lol:

Come clean, you played this on Easy, didn't you?

Of course, I don't give a crap about that with survival horror sometimes haha. This just had two selections (Normal/Hard) so I went with Normal, but I went with Easy for SH4 and Origins heh.

The combat pretty much "sucks" in all of them. But hey, least it's not forced down your damn throat like it was in this one. Hell, I even think in a big way just running past enemies in the other games keeps the tension higher. "Is that thing still alive? Why is there? Where is it going? Will it still be there when I go back?"... here it's just the usual OH enemy gotta kill it so I can move on kill kill kill. Yeah baby I play Silent Hill to kill stuff with hilarious combat mechanics.

lol

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:14 am 

Sony's conference brought good news on the PS4 front.
- Bloodborne confirmed to be released on February 5th in Japan. I'm expecting a near-simultaneous release for the west, since both Dark Souls games came out at the same time as in Japan too. [Edit: I was wrong, Dark Souls came out a few days in Japan first, but Dark Souls II came out in NA two days before Japan... go figure]
- A new Ys game was announced! Cool beans. Sadly it's also a Vita game :nono: so it won't be a fully "new gen" game, but it's cool nonetheless.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:00 am 

Morrigan wrote:
- A new Ys game was announced! Cool beans. Sadly it's also a Vita game :nono: so it won't be a fully "new gen" game, but it's cool nonetheless.

Neato. Memories of Celceta was a terrific comeback after the somewhat-lackluster Ys 7, so I'll be looking forward to this.

VoidOfEternity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:05 am 

Zelkiiro wrote:
Morrigan wrote:

Neato. Memories of Celceta was a terrific comeback after the somewhat-lackluster Ys 7, so I'll be looking forward to this.

The trailer looks pretty good and certainly non-Vita.

http://kotaku.com/a-new-3d-ys-game-will ... 1629198346

I get excited over every Ys game, so I'm especially excited over this.

There was also a new Dragon Quest announced that looks a lot like a Dynasty Warriors game, which could be pretty cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YebkU-6ILLE

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:09 am 

It seems like it took fifteen years for DW clones to really start showing up, but god dammit I'm so glad they finally did. And well, it's by Omega Force so maybe it can't really be called a clone, but still this makes me a happy human.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

VoidOfEternity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:21 am 

BastardHead wrote:
It seems like it took fifteen years for DW clones to really start showing up, but god dammit I'm so glad they finally did. And well, it's by Omega Force so maybe it can't really be called a clone, but still this makes me a happy human.

Well, you had the first two Drakengard games on PS2 and the Sengoku Basara series on PS2 / PS3, both of which were pretty Dynasty Warriors-like.. the latter moreso.

In any case, I'm with you all the same. I love Dynasty Warriors, despite the repetitive nature of the series, and like to see other takes on the formula.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:29 am 

I actually had no idea Drakengard was a Warriors-type game. If I'm thinking of the right game, I remember seeing a trailer where you're some girl flying around on a dragon and scorching peons, but I recall it having pretty mediocre to bad reviews and ending up a bargain bin game.

But yeah, I've been hooked since DW3 and find myself buying each new installment regardless of how little they change. DW8 is the best one since 5 (my Guan Yinping will fuck you up) so I have high hopes for whatever else the studio can crank out. I've never played the Gundam spinoffs, are those any good?
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:30 am 

Xeogred wrote:
*huge Homecoming rant*

Yeah that's pretty much how I felt about the game. I was initially really excited but my expectations just kept getting disappointed over and over again, until the ending had me yelling at the screen. I got the basic "he lives, leaves, and everything's OK" ending. Super boring. At least the ending where he turns into Pyramid Head is kinda cool (although sort of nonsensical, given PH's minimal involvement in the story).

Xeogred wrote:
- Shephard's Glen... who gives a shit about Shephard's Glen? I'm here to play and be in Silent Hill thank you. Oh... The Order just decided to move? lmao... oh.

Yeah the backstory was just so fuckin stupid. So these people decided to escape The Order by....moving across the fuckin' lake? Within sight of the fuckin' place they were fleeing? And since when were The Order (prior to the events of SH1) this all-powerful religion who could force a whole town to sacrifice its children for generations? In the previous Silent Hill games, you get the impression that they were basically just another cult with a fair bit of political power in the town, like Mormons in Utah or something, but not black magic wielding warlocks. It wasn't until Alessa came along and basically turned all that on its head that all the supernatural shit really came to the fore.

And yeah the violence ended up getting really stupidly over the top toward the end, everything got really shlocky, like the power drill QTE with the fucking old lady judge. Are you kidding me?

I actually liked the final boss design, just because it was so incredibly bizarre. I mean, it was a pregnant woman with mechanical spider legs and an accordion face. What the fuck?

At least it was interesting, unlike most of the rest of the game.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:40 pm 

The power drill made me think of Dead Space. I shouldn't be thinking about Dead Space when I'm playing Silent Hill haha.

Man, you're telling me the final boss' alien face didn't crack you up? I lost it when it did that. Looked like a goofy toy. The mechanical limbs didn't seem that cool either. I dunno.

I just read the game didn't even get a release in Japan. They claim it was because of the violence... but we all know why they really didn't want it...

VoidOfEternity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:40 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
I actually had no idea Drakengard was a Warriors-type game. If I'm thinking of the right game, I remember seeing a trailer where you're some girl flying around on a dragon and scorching peons, but I recall it having pretty mediocre to bad reviews and ending up a bargain bin game.

But yeah, I've been hooked since DW3 and find myself buying each new installment regardless of how little they change. DW8 is the best one since 5 (my Guan Yinping will fuck you up) so I have high hopes for whatever else the studio can crank out. I've never played the Gundam spinoffs, are those any good?

Yeah, the first Drakengard in particular has the Dynasty Warriors style "run around a big map and kill hundreds of dudes" thing going on, with the ability to jump on the back of a dragon and do some damage that way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7eA_BgI-i4

It's true though, they aren't really great games.. some people have a lot of love for them, and I do enjoy them, but I wouldn't put them in my top PS2 games by a long shot.

I have actually played all of the Gundam spin offs (and the first One Piece spin off, and the Fist of the North Star spin offs, and a bunch of the other ones), and I really like them. I've been playing the most recent one, Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn a lot, and I feel it might be the best in the series (but other people will say the first or the second). A big part of what makes it different, for me, is that your mobile suits can dash mid-combo, so you can do long combo chains and some pretty intense musou attacks. The first one, as I recall, didn't have a limit on the dashing (later games implemented a thrust gauge), so you could basically chain combos forever with some mobile suits.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:43 pm 

Have you people heard of this "swatting" thing? It's when a gamer makes false claims about someone else playing online, usually something to do with criminal activities of some kind, which ends up with the police sending a team to raid the poor bastard's house. A guy recently got sent to jail because of it:

http://www.nymeta.co/15-year-old-swatte ... swattingef

25 years seems a bit much for a 15 year old, but yeah, fuck him.

EDIT: Also, :lol: at calling the guy "evil" and "a menace to society". More like a little douchebag who wasn't aware of the gravity of his actions.

Last edited by ~Guest 282118 on Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:55 pm 

He got ban-hammered from society.
You'd not take the splendor instilled
And I just couldn’t ask for more"

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:05 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
Have you people heard of this "swatting" thing? It's when a gamer makes false claims about someone else playing online, usually something to do with criminal activities of some kind, which ends up with the police sending a team to raid the poor bastard's house. A guy recently got sent to jail because of it:

http://www.nymeta.co/15-year-old-swatte ... swattingef

25 years seems a bit much for a 15 year old, but yeah, fuck him.

EDIT: Also, :lol: at calling the guy "evil" and "a menace to society". More like a little douchebag who wasn't aware of the gravity of his actions.

That didn't actually happen. The article the info was based on was entirely fake.

http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/swatted.asp

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:12 pm 

Oh? Well, damn. I still wouldn't be entirely surprised if something like that happened, though.

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:29 pm 

I still play DW4 empires on my PS2 regularly. The newest one was actually really cool (never touched 6 and 7) and stayed remarkably close to actual events in the books, which I've had enough spare time to actually read all 4 volumes. The one thing I think would really make another re-hashing of the late-Han civil war cooler would be an "M" rated title, the addition of blood and intense violence. All the beheadings and clan-wide extermination that was so common in the books would make for an interesting rendition of the same old story.
Also started playing Morrowind again now that I realized my 360 can actually play it. The biggest thing that made me love that game was the sheer volume of different groups you could join and all the politics involved in the different great houses. The main quest was pretty bland and the combat system is essentially broken until you reach level 15 or 20 but the landscape was so much more Narnia-like than Cyrodil or even Skyrim.

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:32 pm 

Well, the phenomenon is real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz8yLIOb2pU

Not surprising it would happen in CSGO, talk about a horrible community.
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:44 pm 

That new Dragon Quest trailer was really cool! I love the idea behind a DW-esque Dragon Quest. DW is definitely the shit.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:55 pm 

That's one crossover I don't get. Are there even any iconic or interesting DQ characters? A musou with FF characters seems to make more sense. It'd be kinda cool actually, playing Sephiroth and Cloud and Cyan with their big-ass swords, or Sabin and Tifa punching everyone, or Edgar drilling and auto-crossbowing mobs, or Kain jumping really high and doing nasty plunging attacks with AOE on the mobs. I'd play that. :nods:

...Ah, who am I kidding, if they ever made an FF musou it'll just be Lightning, Lightning, and Lightning, each with 25 available outfits and skins. :nono:

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:57 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
...Ah, who am I kidding, if they ever made an FF musou it'll just be Lightning, Lightning, and Lightning, each with 25 available outfits and skins. :nono:

Judging by how they're handling DW8XL on Steam, all the non-default skins and outfits would be DLCs that add up to 3 times more than the cost of the game itself.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:03 pm 

Or maybe it'll be FTP, and you must pay to unlock each character. And every time you pay, you don't know who you're getting. Maybe you'll get Sabin or Kain or Sephiroth, or you'll get generic FF5 white mage or some FF2j character no one cares about. Also, each character plays exactly the same and all you gotta do is mash square without thinking.

:(

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:32 pm 

If there was ever a Final Fantasy themed Dynasty Warriors game I would get a second job just so I could send all of my spare money to the developers as an offering of sacrifice. Then I'd quit both jobs and play it for 24 hours a day until my electricity was cut off, then I'd just squat somewhere and keep playing. Seriously, those are two of my biggest, droolingly spergalicious obsessions and I will love it even if it sucks. I'd be like Exigence with Judas Priest.

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:00 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
That's one crossover I don't get. Are there even any iconic or interesting DQ characters? A musou with FF characters seems to make more sense. It'd be kinda cool actually, playing Sephiroth and Cloud and Cyan with their big-ass swords, or Sabin and Tifa punching everyone, or Edgar drilling and auto-crossbowing mobs, or Kain jumping really high and doing nasty plunging attacks with AOE on the mobs. I'd play that. :nods:

LOL@ that last part.

I'm actually not too well versed in a lot of DQ/DW games (I played partway through a fan translation of one of the SNES games games a while back and it was actually super awesome, if not really basic) so I couldn't really speak to the memorability of the characters (the main player character at least). I just really love the art and character/monster design of Dragon Quest, so a Dynasty Warriors game set in a world with that Toriyama flavour seems really appealing to me.

A Final Fantasy Dynasty Warriors would be cool as shit, though, as long as they didn't pull too much of that DLC costume crap. Or if they put in a pay method, at least allow us to unlock the same materials through grinding. Play more or pay more, I'd say that's fair(ish).

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:36 pm 

Nuts to regular Dragon Quest, I want an English release of the DQ Monsters 1 + 2 remakes. :fuck:

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:22 pm 

I still think a Fire Emblem DW would have been cooler and made a lot more sense than Zelda.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 597, 598, 599, 600, 601, 602, 603 ... 940  Next