* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:26 am 

Late again on this Bloodborne stuff:

Spoiler: show
Taking the elevator down to the area where the Brain of Mensis falls, approaching it's remains, and hacking it to death was one of the creepiest gaming experiences I've had in the past however many years...just watching it's eyes as you slowly kill it, and that scream it lets out when it dies... :o

bodomlord
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:18 am 

So Dark Souls 3 is gonna be at E3. Can't wait

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:32 am 

bodomlord wrote:

What. There's gonna be a third one?! I thought they were just gonna keep working on new IPs! YES!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:39 pm 

bodomlord wrote:

Eh... sounds kinda dubious. Miyazaki just released Bloodborne (and is presumably working on the DLC?), how could his next game already be in a state that can be shown? Was the guy directing two games at once? Seems unlikely, but I suppose it could be just a very early tiny teaser...

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:13 pm 

Yeah the rumours seem bogus. At best it'll be a very very early teaser. Dark Souls 3 will happen eventually, but I'm not expecting it 'til at least 2017.

Dragunov wrote:

Taking the elevator down to the area where the Brain of Mensis falls, approaching it's remains, and hacking it to death was one of the creepiest gaming experiences I've had in the past however many years...just watching it's eyes as you slowly kill it, and that scream it lets out when it dies... :o

But. Did you make contact first? :o

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:29 pm 

Huh, I was also under the impression they were done with the Dark Souls IP too. Should be interesting whenever it comes out if Miyazaki's back at the helm.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:47 pm 

Smoking_Gnu wrote:
Huh, I was also under the impression they were done with the Dark Souls IP too. Should be interesting whenever it comes out if Miyazaki's back at the helm.

It's one of Namco's best selling IP, why would they abandon it? Well, unless they want to follow in Konami's footsteps...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:58 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
Dragunov wrote:

But. Did you make contact first? :o

FUCK, I did not. I've been neglecting using my strategy guide until after my first playthrough...and I totally should have. I should be able to get that rune in NG+, correct?

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:03 pm 

Yeah.
You don't need a guide either. There were tons of messages around telling me what to do, lol.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:58 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
Yeah.
You don't need a guide either. There were tons of messages around telling me what to do, lol.

See, that's another thing, I think the last time I read a message was the messenger in Old Yharnam near the BSB arena that told you you could summon an NPC to help you fight. I'll figure these things out eventually. :lol:

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:37 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
Smoking_Gnu wrote:

It's one of Namco's best selling IP, why would they abandon it? Well, unless they want to follow in Konami's footsteps...

I doubt they would abandon it per se. I was just thinking that they would go on making spiritual successors such as Bloodborne, rather than keep using the Dark Souls name. They aren't getting away from their formula any time soon though, that much is true.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:11 pm 

Armored Core
Armored Core: Project Phantasma
Armored Core: Master of Arena
Armored Core 2
Armored Core 2: Another Age
Armored Core 3
Silent Line: Armored Core
Armored Core: Nexus
Armored Core: Formula Front
Armored Core: Nine Breaker
Armored Core: Last Raven
Armored Core 4
Armored Core: For Answer
Armored Core V
Armored Core: Verdict Day

You really thought From were stopping at Dark Souls 2? :P

Anyways, I'm excited and predicted this would happen and they'll keep Dark Souls going, because it's a multi platform IP. I'd love for them to keep two lines going, Dark Souls, and the Sony exclusive line. Dark Souls 1 will always be special, but this is a formula I could play forever. And Bloodborne being "short" was still a good 30 hours at least for veterans doing a first run probably... so I can't see anything bad about this myself! Bring it on, I want more.

I would like to see them do something in first person though, bring back or reboot King's Field or Shadow Tower (which has weird neo-gothic sci-fi elements I believe, I'd love to see that weirdness).

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:14 pm 

I still wanna see them try out survival horror in some form or another. They definitely have the chops for it.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:22 pm 

No joke, Bloodborne was more legit horror than 90% of what the market claims horror is thesedays.

Anyways, the thought of a current gen-only Dark Souls is making my pants melt, more than Fallout 4. As much as I love Bloodborne, I still like Dark Souls a lot more (2 even as well in ways), namely because of the more varied environments, PRAISING THE SUN, the epic sprawling castles and such. I'm so stoked. Even if it's not officially going to be announced tomorrow or whatever, we can only speculate another game is coming at some point.

Expedience
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:39 pm 

Finishing up on Radiant Historia. I had my doubts for the first ten hours or so, considering this was something praised as one of the best handheld RPGs, but it turned out to be pretty enjoyable. If anyone else has some recommendations for DS JRPGs I'd appreciate them. I know about Bravely Default but that will have to wait until I get a 3DS.

The Red Snifit
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:41 pm 

So I borrowed my friend's copy of Advanced Warfare, and I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised. The campaign is more fun than it has any right to be, and the visuals are exceedingly impressive for a 60fps console game.

In other news, I replayed F.E.A.R. again. The environment variety is terrible, but the combat is god-tier and the AI is great. And it has the best shotgun in any game.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:10 am 

Hmm the Dark Souls rumour might be more legit than I thought, apparently an insider on GAF has been dropping hints about it. But I'm unclear at how reliable he is. Guess we'll see in two weeks or so...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:42 am 

Is Advanced Warfare using a new engine or are they still on Quake 1 code?

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:13 am 

Hah, I just played through F.E.A.R. and the expansions somewhat recently but watching those gifs makes me want to play again. Goddamn was that gunplay absolutely perfect, especially the shotgun.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:40 am 

Don't forget the obligatory Half Life 3 rumors!

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:44 am 

F.E.A.R is super underrated as a mechanical experience. The movement is really fluid and the gunplay is, as others have said, fantastic. Plus, there's like an actual weight to your bullets, you can feel them impacting, unlike CoD or Doom 3.

Also, I totally forgot FROM did Armored Core!!! Armored Core 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. The customization is godly. Also, anyone remember Shadow of Destiny? I am currently playing through it again and it's a charming game, even like ten years later.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstat ... of-destiny

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

MonumentalBlackArt
Magic Mike Jr.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:24 pm 

Fallout 4 trailer! *hyperventilates*

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:42 pm 

The Red Snifit wrote:
And it has the best shotgun in any game.

Wrong
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Kahalachan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:37 pm 

MonumentalBlackArt wrote:
Fallout 4 trailer! *hyperventilates*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE2BkLqMef4

One of the best franchises gets its sequel! :hyper:

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:02 pm 

Why release this now instead of E3? That's so weird.

Cool trailer, for one that doesn't have gameplay, I guess. (I really hate this trend.) No Obsidian, alas.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:29 pm 

Could be raising hype for E3. If that's the case, it's a good strategy; there will be people now obsessing over the potential to see the game in action at E3.

The other reason is more esoteric. Perhaps this is just the first announcement among several, and they didn't want their E3 conference to be overshadowed by it? Guess we'll just have to wait and see. :)

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:37 pm 

Well, at least it apparently shows ingame graphics and ingame locations, so it's not completely devoid of interesting information about the actual game. It's devoid of booty though.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:45 pm 

Ah perhaps the lack of booty is why it wasn't shown at E3 ;)

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:51 pm 

Bethesda sucks, Fallout 3 sucked, this will most likely suck. Yawn.
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:05 pm 

Fallout 3 made me jump to the last gen, now Fallout 4 will make me jump to the current one. As soon as the GotY version is released, of course.
You'd not take the splendor instilled
And I just couldn’t ask for more"

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:12 pm 

Nahsil wrote:
Bethesda sucks, Fallout 3 sucked, this will most likely suck. Yawn.

I digress a little, I do think their writing is pretty bad compared to just about anyone else... but Fallout is 20x more interesting than Elder Scrolls in general, so hopefully it doesn't become more fun when you skip the dialogue like in Skyrim for me. :P

But yeah, it is somewhat of a big fear honestly. But I do think Fallout 3 had a decent main plot and some okay subplots.

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:00 pm 

I need to make an account at RPG codex :P
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

DeathspellDelta
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:13 pm 

Nahsil wrote:
I need to make an account at RPG codex :P

You got a negative attitude man!
I myself am not terribly excited by the new Fallout trailer. Dark Souls 3 sounds ridiculous too, so I hope it's gonna be a spiritual successor. Not trying to rekindle the flame for the third time for nothing.

Kahalachan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:32 am 

Morrigan wrote:

Cool trailer, for one that doesn't have gameplay, I guess. (I really hate this trend.) No Obsidian, alas.

My guess is gameplay will be showcased at E3. So hype us with visuals then show how the game plays at E3.

Based on the trailer, I really hope they have good NPC AI. It seems like the dog helps search and scavenge for you. If so, that would be a wonderful and well needed leap for this generation. It would help streamline the overall game if you could teach your dog could pick up supplies the way you can train your pawns to do in Dragon's Dogma.

Also according to the trailer, it might have a lot of pre-war gameplay. If so, then that will be a great change too. I'm just speculating and hoping, but if pre-war gameplay is the tutorial and beginning of the game to show you mechanics, that would really be a really cool way to develop a story as well as help you learn the game mechanics in a safe environment. I wonder if you could play both stories simultaneously and alternate between the two? Drive in an open world 50s pre-war car and then play Fallout as we know it and the two stories converge somehow? Or what if what you do in the pre-war story affects the apocalyptic story and environment itself? :eek: :)

Another thing to notice in the trailer is they are going with brighter colors and the game will look less drab. I wonder if they were influenced by Borderlands, and if that's the case, hopefully they got some gameplay and humor influence from Borderlands too. Bethesda games typically have stiff controls so for the game to feel more fluid and fun when it comes to shooting, that would be amazing!

Stuff I don't want to see:

-Multiplayer. Fallout is desolate. Don't tack on some useless multiplayer.
-Reskinned Fallout 3.

One of the best things about Skyrim was knowing one day that tech would be in a Fallout game.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:38 am 

I don't know a whole lot about Fallout, but I want to say something regarding multiplayer; what would you guys think if it included a sort of "drop in, drop out" approach to it? Like, you could occasionally just stumble across other players, unsure as to whether they're potential allies or immediate threats?

That sounds like it would fit the setting, I believe.

GrtUnclean
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:00 am 

for a next gen only game it sure has a lot of early to mid ps3 textures which is concerning but if it is a sacrifice to reduce pop in and run at a constant 60 fps I think it will be ok

for those why want to know why they didnt wait till e3 the reason is likely due to that the game is supposedly the next game informer cover which would leak before e3 starts

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:16 am 

Kahalachan wrote:
Morrigan wrote:

My guess is gameplay will be showcased at E3. So hype us with visuals then show how the game plays at E3.

Based on the trailer, I really hope they have good NPC AI. It seems like the dog helps search and scavenge for you. If so, that would be a wonderful and well needed leap for this generation. It would help streamline the overall game if you could teach your dog could pick up supplies the way you can train your pawns to do in Dragon's Dogma.

Also according to the trailer, it might have a lot of pre-war gameplay. If so, then that will be a great change too. I'm just speculating and hoping, but if pre-war gameplay is the tutorial and beginning of the game to show you mechanics, that would really be a really cool way to develop a story as well as help you learn the game mechanics in a safe environment. I wonder if you could play both stories simultaneously and alternate between the two? Drive in an open world 50s pre-war car and then play Fallout as we know it and the two stories converge somehow? Or what if what you do in the pre-war story affects the apocalyptic story and environment itself? :eek: :)

Another thing to notice in the trailer is they are going with brighter colors and the game will look less drab. I wonder if they were influenced by Borderlands, and if that's the case, hopefully they got some gameplay and humor influence from Borderlands too. Bethesda games typically have stiff controls so for the game to feel more fluid and fun when it comes to shooting, that would be amazing!

Stuff I don't want to see:

-Multiplayer. Fallout is desolate. Don't tack on some useless multiplayer.
-Reskinned Fallout 3.

One of the best things about Skyrim was knowing one day that tech would be in a Fallout game.

The original two Fallout games, particularly the second, were quite heavy on humor and pop-culture references - so much so you could probably argue that Fallout 2 was probably an influence on Borderlands 2 in that aspect. It's only the modern Fallout games that have dialed the humor/weirdness back a bit, though I greatly appreciate that New Vegas started going back to that direction.

I agree that the bright colors look interesting. My friend noted that there were a few shots of mountains in the trailer, so maybe we'll be able to hike the Appalachians or something.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:30 am 

We all knew it was coming, but eh... Uncharted trilogy remastered collection announced, October 9th 2015:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1057067
Buying it allows access to the Uncharted 4 multiplayer beta.

It's apparently being handled by Bluepoint, who did the Ico/SotC and Metal Gear Solid collection HD ports. So, uh, that's that.

GrtUnclean wrote:
for a next gen only game it sure has a lot of early to mid ps3 textures which is concerning but if it is a sacrifice to reduce pop in and run at a constant 60 fps I think it will be ok

Hahahahahahahahaha

You expect a stable, 60 FPS of a Bethesda-developed RPG?

That's adorable. ;)

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:48 am 

Morrigan wrote:
It's apparently being handled by Bluepoint, who did the Ico/SotC and Metal Gear Solid collection HD ports. So, uh, that's that.

I have the MGS HD Collection on my PSVita and it's pretty goddamn legit, so that sounds like a plus.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:57 am 

Yeah. On a big minus, though, is that there's no multiplayer. Shame, the coop modes in Uncharted 2 was a lot of fun. I'll probably pass on this. Maybe for Christmas if there's nothing else...

Also, this is a thing :lol: some people have too much free time, but I chuckled:

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 698, 699, 700, 701, 702, 703, 704 ... 940  Next