* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:10 pm 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
Xlxlx wrote:
Weirdo teaser for something called "Scorn".

Doesn't really show any gameplay, although if the game itself ends up being just as creepy and atmospheric as this trailer, then I'll definitely be interested. Plus, Giger visuals = instant cool.

Scuse me for dragging this out of the dark, but I'm well keen on keeping an eye on this game. It's PC only at the moment of it's release, but I'm hoping for a PS4 version if it does, and plays well. Looks really fucking awesome visually.

I'm not even much of a gamer apart from a couple of Nintendo titles and this is driving me crazy with excitement. Made by a Serbian studio of only 10 people. Damn.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:12 pm 

Also it's worth noting that the visual inspiration seems to take after Beksinski much more than any other single artist, although you can see the Giger bio-mechanics quite apparent as well.

Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:15 pm 

rexxz wrote:
Also it's worth noting that the visual inspiration seems to take after Beksinski much more than any other single artist, although you can see the Giger bio-mechanics quite apparent as well.

Yeah damn. The thumbnail bears a striking resemblance to this one by him in particular.

Spoiler: show

IanThrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:42 am 

Anyone knows about a good Sega Genesis/MegaDrive emulator and where to download it? Since almost every emulator is freeware I guess there's no problem with some info about it :D thanks in advance

Dude: If you tour, will you bring out other musicians? Use tapes? Clone yourselves?

Fenriz: I am up for cloning, but with less tinnitus and more chest hair, please.

Film reviews and rants for all ye' spanish speaking basterds

why
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:30 pm 

IanThrash wrote:
Anyone knows about a good Sega Genesis/MegaDrive emulator and where to download it? Since almost every emulator is freeware I guess there's no problem with some info about it :D thanks in advance

http://segaretro.org/Kega_Fusion

why
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:14 pm 

So the new Doom is clearly game of the year so far right?

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:33 pm 

I haven't played any games released in 2016 because I'm a poor asshole with a crappy graphics card, so I couldn't tell ya. :V

bludpuddn
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:52 pm 

Been playing Quake 2 on the n64. I suck but its fun.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:49 pm 

why wrote:

Modern gamers seem to have the attention span of a gnat. Hype dies down and people forget about it a month later.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:00 am 

Haven't touched the console (I know you're tempted) in months, anything to break this 'mental gaming block'.

Also I'm thinking about switching to PC. Any recommendations/suggestions for a console lifer?

why
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
why wrote:

Modern gamers seem to have the attention span of a gnat. Hype dies down and people forget about it a month later.

I've been playing through it again and again since it came out. People cry about anything that has to do with modernization, but I think this game gets the doom spirit 100% right while incorporating anything that was good about the development of shooters in the last 20 years in a very satisfying way. Yeah, you CAN handle weapon upgrades wrong. But Doom excells at it by making every single upgrade you get not just affect stats or some shit, but always the weapon's handling. That way everything is so palpable and the progression feels awesome. The weopons themselves are ALL punchy and useful and better balanced than in the original doom where the pistol was useless. Here you can switch to it in later levels also to kill some of the smaller bugs annoying you.
The battle system where you have to take risks in order to get health back is unique, fluid and super satisfying as well. Most of the battles take place in well thought out arenas with an amazing, thoroughly designed flow to them. There is verticality, there is hit zones. These are some of the positive Elements of more recent shooters I meant and I don't want to miss them.

I think this game could surpass the original if they improve multiplayer, snapmap and add proper mod support some time in the future.
Oh and the source code would be nice, because this game is a miracle I sure would like to get into.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:45 pm 

DooM 2016 is amazing and I absolutely love just about everything it has to offer. Can't praise it enough!

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:59 pm 

Easily one of the best shooters in a long time.

Due for a replay on PC once I get a PC that doesn't suck.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:15 pm 

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is a pretty great game. It took me awhile to adjust to the controls but once I did, it felt pretty good.

BloodMoonRising
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:16 pm 

Don't know if anyone noticed, but Little Nightmares looks cool as hell.

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:19 am 

Bloodstained delayed until 2018
FF15 delayed until November
Shantae delayed until November
South Park delayed until 3/31/17
3DS Dragon Quest 8 delayed until early 2017 (even though I never heard of it prior to last night)

God fucking dammit why this

wrathchild_88
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:05 am 

You should send death threats to the journalists that covered those stories as well as the developers, it's really the only logical option.

But seriously every game gets delayed these days. Can anyone name a recent game (a big game with hyped release dates, anyway) that didn't get delayed? I'm guessing the original release date is usually just picked out of a hat by the publisher or someone who isn't actually involved in making the game. Or there's a bunch of stuff that the developer is asked to tack on at the end (see the DLC and Breach mode in DE:MD).

why
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:34 pm 

wrathchild_88 wrote:
You should send death threats to the journalists that covered those stories as well as the developers, it's really the only logical option.

But seriously every game gets delayed these days. Can anyone name a recent game (a big game with hyped release dates, anyway) that didn't get delayed? I'm guessing the original release date is usually just picked out of a hat by the publisher or someone who isn't actually involved in making the game. Or there's a bunch of stuff that the developer is asked to tack on at the end (see the DLC and Breach mode in DE:MD).

No Man's Sky didn't get delayed in the sense that it was released waaaaay before they should have released it.

why
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:35 pm 

MorbidEngel wrote:
Bloodstained delayed until 2018
FF15 delayed until November
Shantae delayed until November
South Park delayed until 3/31/17
3DS Dragon Quest 8 delayed until early 2017 (even though I never heard of it prior to last night)

God fucking dammit why this

Well, there's still 150 games in your steam library that you haven't touched so get on with that.

Talented Juli
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:30 pm 

I played some Path of Exile lately. It's basically Diablo 2.5. It worked out well as a game to turn my brain off to and have something to do while listening to new music. I made the mistake of not investing any skillpoints into health nodes, and got owned in Act 4, though. This is extra embarrassing to me, because in Dark Souls games I always poop on people for not having enough Vitality/Vigor in their builds, or thinking they're gonna be a "glass cannon".

I also participated in the beta tests for Battlerite. It's a great little game. It's a top-down team based PvP arena game based around skill shots. It's kind of like LoL or DotA, but with no lanes, no leveling, no minions, just a straight team deathmatch. Everything in it, including basic attacks, has to be aimed. It has 2v2 and 3v3 modes. The NDA was lifted near the end of the beta, so you can probably find some stream VODs and gameplay videos and whatnot.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:11 am 

darkeningday wrote:
Ahaha, this video is old as hell but I've just now run across it. Apologies if it's already been posted.

Such a terrible combat system, my god.

TFW: you realize that a video you posted over a year ago was of a guy you went to highschool with for 4 years, was in your class of fewer than 200 people, academically and socially was below you in every way, yet is now making more money than you do, simply by playing video games over the internet.

:'/
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:14 am 

Yes, but does he know as much about films as you

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:38 am 

rexxz, no one knows as much about film as I do. *especially* people who know more about film than I do.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:46 am 

that made me lol IRL. you win one internets.

Foulchrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:52 am 

Hopefully someone here can help me. What is the game shown at 4:09 in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AEKbBF3URE

Shown again at 7:15. That guy's channel is really good, by the way.

EDIT: Derp, there's a list of games shown in the description. The game is Hyper Light Drifter. I'll leave this post in case people haven't seen his videos before.

hots_towel wrote:
here's a fun little challenge. How long can you listen to this before you even smirk? I made it less than 10 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YHgHO8im2s&t=77s

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:00 pm 

Hyper Light Drifter is a game I had 0 interest in based on their Kickstarter, something about the art style (overly pixellated and the weird colour scheme) put me off.

But then I tried it at the EMP Museum's indie game booth in Seattle, and... it looked kinda cool when actually playing it? I can't really explain it, but it may just have grown on me somehow. I'll probably get it at some point.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:03 pm 

I know the devs of HLD! Cool people :)

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:10 pm 

Whoa, Viking Squad is out... today? I had been eyeing this project for a while but there was no hint of a release date, then suddenly, bam it's out on Steam and PSN.

Image Image

Image Image

It's a 2D brawler in the vein of Guardian Heroes (lane-based), Dragon's Crown (looting and RPG elements) and was also compared to Castle Crashers. It looks good, so far impressions that I've seen have been positive. 3-player coop, local and online. I'll probably pick this up soon.

http://vikingsquad.slickentertainment.com/

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:58 pm 

Started playing Divinity: OS with my gf online, co-op mode is super fun! I didn't love the game single-player although I wanted to/I've enjoyed all of Larian's games (I also never really gave it a chance). Excited to see what happens when we really get going.
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:16 am 

It's excellent, best RPG we've had in years, although I don't think it quite beats out Dragonfall for me. Although Original Sin had some of the best puzzles and quest design I've ever seen in an RPG.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 looks to be even better! Not sure how well Chris Avellone will fit into their writing team but it should be interesting whatever the result.

Haddock666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:46 am 

At the moment been playing mostly amnesia, dawn of war games, diablo 2 and some indie games.

Pedophile SS. Improvised noisecore
http://pedophiless.bandcamp.com/

Catholic Bastards. Hardcore/crust punk
http://catholicbastards.bandcamp.com/

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:27 pm 

An arcade mode was just released for Doom and it's fucking awesome. Already got myself at #5 on the leaderboards for Foundry but I doubt it'll last haha.

Hope they give us some new single player maps soon.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:06 am 

SWITCH HYPE:

This single video has basically entirely restored my faith in Nintendo as a console manufacturer. THIS is the kind of gimmick that people should be excited about. Basically every single little gimmicky feature of this new console is legitimately awesome. I'm really curious about details. How much will this cost? It was kind of hard to be sure from the video, but are there different sizes of screens available?

I want a PS4 still, but as long as Nintendo can bring it software-wise, this thing looks like something I might consider purchasing soon after launch, which isn't something I have said about a new console in a long, long time.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:41 am 

Yeah that looks cool, but the one thing I'm concerned about is how difficult it might be to develop games for it. Wouldn't the graphics have to change on the fly as you disconnect/reconnect it from the docking station? Like obviously it's gonna have cool Nintendo titles, but 3rd party devs might just say "fuck it" en masse and stick to developing for easier consoles.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:51 am 

Nah they shouldn't have to change on the fly. Phones right now already can display in 1080p, so I reckon it's just a matter of making the connector on that dock thingy basically just make your TV work like sticking an HDMI cable from your laptop to a TV or monitor and having the display pop up on there with very little fiddling, which is already pretty simple to do.

Edit: one thing I can think of that would be something of a pain in the ass for many developers to bother with is the split-screen functionality. I'm personally very happy about that but can see how many third party devs especially might not bother with splitscreen mode for their Switch ports.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:27 pm 

Pretty excited by this new Switch. I think the concept is pretty cool and handy. It will probably be worth it for the new Zelda and Mario games alone too and the other studios being interested to develop games for it make the console sexy.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Erdrickgr
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:04 pm 

Reports I saw said [rumored] $300 and $400 versions. Regarding 3rd party devs, from what I've read they don't seem to be able to get on the same page, going back at least to the N64 and Gamecube days. They throw stuff at people and then assume that since dev teams have smart people they'll be able to figure out how to work with it, without giving much in the way of documentation or guidance.

EDIT--added the 'rumor' part

Last edited by Erdrickgr on Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:12 pm 

Welcome back Nintendo! I'll be picking up the Switch day 1 for Zelda alone but it looks like a much stronger/cooler system than the Wii U, which, unlike everyone else, I really like. It's fine by me that all the rumours surrounding it turned out to be mostly true. Super stoked to see a full launch line up. Looks like we'll have a new Mario game along with Zelda, and hopefully Mario Kart and third party games I care about.

Iwata smiles warmly down from the clouds.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:15 pm 

Apparently these are the specs:

http://pastebin.com/UD1Vx9rf

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:19 pm 

It seems to be really marketed towards adults based on the promo vid. Will those apparent specs be enough to impress? Not sure but I really like the controller options but knowing Nintendo, they'll make you pay extra to get everything. Hopefully the battery price of the movable screen will be good.

Spoiler: show

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 772, 773, 774, 775, 776, 777, 778 ... 940  Next