Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:04 am 

The poison gas must be in MGS1, then, the electrified floor is in MGS2, it leads to president Sears.

I really, really don't get your Fortune/Raven comparison to be honest. I think your memory's playing tricks on you.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

KingAlastor
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:06 am 

If I still had MGS1, I'd dust it off and play it again. Anyone know if it's available on PSN?

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:28 am 

KingAlastor wrote:
If I still had MGS1, I'd dust it off and play it again. Anyone know if it's available on PSN?

Yep. I think it's $9.99.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:00 am 

Still the best one by far.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SR5CJkbg7I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4s1xgQFJfs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYC-Qf5cR5k

Chills.

Would have been fine stand alone, that said I love the series all around. Can't believe how excited I am for Rising too actually since the demo was nuts, hope Platinum doesn't fail me...

Also yeah, I've probably beaten the first two myself like 100 times too, topped off with hours upon hours on the VR missions. But have only beaten MGS3 once despite loving it. Guess I'm not alone though.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:08 am 

So I just wasted 40 minutes of some Indian guy named Shobhit from EA's Origin customer service. I couldn't log into Origin all day today and he tried every bit of the EA checklist to solve the problem. He basically gave up and ended up spamming to just call in to the specialized team. 5 minutes later I remembered that I disabled my computer from connecting to Origin so as to not have problems with my Fifa 12 copy. Whoops! :lol:
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Ravenlord266
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:28 am 

Poor guy :lol: but take it from me as an ex-service desk employee; sometimes being in a call with a single person who's at least kind and patient and you trying your best to help them is much MUCH better than getting like ten 5-minute calls from a bunch of assholes in a row.

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
Some cultures radiate "I peaked in high school" energy, metal culture radiates "I peaked when somebody else peaked in high school" energy.

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:29 am 

HellBlazer wrote:
Nahsil wrote:
Lost another hardcore Path of Exile character. Level 35 shadow. Fuckkkkk thisssss shiiiiiiiiiit.

Jesus man, how much time do you have to waste?

As much as anyone who does a lot of gaming?

You don't permanently lose characters in PoE, they just move to softcore.

I just got my BA degree so I'm currently studying for the GRE, looking for a job and waiting to apply for grad school. :P

Also, lost a 27 shadow today. :lol:
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:08 pm 

How is that Path of Exile game? Better sequel to Diablo 2 than D3 was?

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:11 pm 

I've been trying to spread the word. YES, it's the proper sequel to D2. It is utterly fucking fantastic. The fact that it's also free is just mind-boggling.

Folkemon_
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:12 pm 

I played it for like 30 mins, need to play it again sometime

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:35 pm 

Folkemon_ wrote:

How many hardcore characters did you lose in that 30 minutes? Nahsil lost three.

Folkemon_
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:42 pm 

Didnt try hardcore

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:42 pm 

I may as well peep up, I haven't sat down and enjoyed a video game in years, but something in the vein of Diablo sounds really good right about now. I'm going to check that out, thanks for sharing!

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:42 pm 

failsafeman wrote:
Folkemon_ wrote:

How many hardcore characters did you lose in that 30 minutes? Nahsil lost three.

:lol:

my account is a goddamn graveyard. Three shadows, one templar, two or three witches. I should give in and play softcore since I have all these characters and all their items, but NO. I can't, dammit. I need to make it to level 60 at least.

There are independent stashes for soft/hardcore as well, and my hardcore stash has all the goodies. Although, you can easily transfer items from hardcore to softcore by putting everything in the inventory of a HC character and then dying.

Tip for anyone who wants to play hardcore: life nodes as quickly as possible, and elemental resists, and also armor/evasion/energy shield, depending on what class you are. Serious investment into offense can wait until you're at least level 40 or so and have a good basis for not dying. Items and gems do a good job of allowing you to kill stuff in the meantime.

Folkemon_
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:49 pm 

Playing system shock 2 now for the first proper time, i dont know about you guys but the game freaks me out, its just got that atmosphere of dread and not knowing whats coming next.

And the enemies are some of the most twisted looking ive seen in a game.

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:45 am 

Path of Exile's passive skill tree is absolute genius. As you're going down you're chosen path in the skill tree, there are notable and keystone passives to look forward to. When you finally get those big passives, you feel such a massive spike in power that's just so satisfying.

Certainly beats the stat system in any other ARPG in which you only feel slightly stronger with each level up and the only thing to look forward to is meeting a unique item's stat requirements (if you happen to find a unique that actually goes with your character build).

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:08 am 

yep, the skill tree is amazing. I wasn't sure at first, but once you get used to it it's just addictive planning your path and going for certain nodes.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:48 pm 

I need to get Chivalry. It seems like a lot of fun.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:22 pm 

Revengeance looks insane.

Revenge-eance.

Re-vengeance.

yentass
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:04 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
I need to get Chivalry. It seems like a lot of fun.

Then I'm "happy" to inform you that you've missed a $10 deal on it by a mere few days.
I know nothing of hair care, so bare with me.

Metal dudes, assemble in the shower!

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:46 pm 

On Steam? Then it's €10 here, which is a bit more. I don't spend 10 bucks lightly on some game that might be fun but is multiplayer by design. I rarely spend that kind of money on any game. Exceptions are games that I wanted badly like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP, but usually I only buy games under, like, €7,50. That means I don't get to play a lot of new games, which is completely fine with me.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

yentass
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:16 am 

No, on a different site offering Steam keys. Also there was a free weekend on Steam for this game not so long as well.

But anyway, I'm tempted to call you out as a cheapskate, but I'd rather commend you for a healthy approach to these things.
I know nothing of hair care, so bare with me.

Metal dudes, assemble in the shower!

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:18 am 

Folkemon_ wrote:
Playing system shock 2 now for the first proper time, i dont know about you guys but the game freaks me out, its just got that atmosphere of dread and not knowing whats coming next.

And the enemies are some of the most twisted looking ive seen in a game.

It is freaky. Best part is the enemies tend to respawn and wander around from time to time, and it's often simply best to run to spare ammo. Trapped, in a claustrophobic ship, you never know what's behind you...

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:25 am 

PS4 is looking pretty snazzy so far. Good RAM, good GPU, and x86 architecture (which means there's almost no reason a PS4 game ported to PC would be bad). Has some pretty cool features too, like remote play with Vita, a dedicated capture card, and letting your friends play your game for you over the internet.

Last edited by Adriankat on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
sortalikeadream
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:16 am 

My new PC is sitting on my table, built, laughing at me and whispering "mmm I'm so sexy but you have no keyboard to plug into me":(. It's in the mail though.

Quick question: My power supply only has one 6-pin cable, is it OK to use that with one of the (2)4-pin peripheral-> (1)6-pin plugs that came with the videocard? Or should I use both of them, and leave the psu's native 6-pin unplugged?

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:51 pm 

More Mass Effect! I got to Ilos and

Spoiler: show
I was not expecting that to be the start of the endgame quests...Short main quest much? Decided to load an earlier save and go back to mop up all the side quests. And don't get me wrong, I really loved the main quest, but hell, Oblivion and Skyrim had longer main quests than this. Felt a bit let down, but apparently ME2's is quite a bit longer.

Bobby_Typhoon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:17 pm 

You bastards broke me down and I am now disappointingly playing (read: happily enjoying) Paths of Exile. I am going with the duelist class and so far find it pretty damn good, a far better experience than D3.

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:26 am 

Yeah, I'm playing Path Of Exile too. Templar. It's amazing how they nailed the spirit of D2 better than Blizzard did with D3.

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:10 am 

So a friend of mine found a physical copy of the original XCOM game (which belonged to his older brother) and gave it to me for free because he's "not into that accounting crap". I'm shaking in anticipation and there is no way in hell I'm telling him what this fetches on eBay. If he does find out, I'll tell him the disc was scratched.

sortalikeadream
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:37 am 

Haha, nice one Nochielo. I was totally expecting you to get pissed off that he didn't like it, glad to have been wrong about that.

How much does one of those disks fetch on ebay?

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:11 pm 

So I only have time for one absolute timesink before mid-March, and I'm torn between Warriors Orochi 3 or Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires (which comes out Tuesday for NA). Any of the other dorks that are addicted to that fucking series have an opinion on which to get?
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:54 pm 

Many sources indicate that Warriors Orochi is the superior game :thumbsup:

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:54 pm 

Many sources indicate that Warriors Orochi is the superior game :thumbsup:

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:02 pm 

Dyansty Warriors has become increasingly boring since the fifth installment. WO is like the exact same game, but it's more over the top and replayable.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:10 pm 

Recently beat Clive Barker's Jericho. Woaholy shit, awesome game! I dug the story littered with archaeology references, magik, and lots of gruesome sacrifices. Gameplay felt like a spiritual successor to Undying, on steroids. Playing it a second time, on hard, so I can get all those cool Intel pieces that fill in more story.

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:03 pm 

Got to level 40 for the first time in hardcore PoE. Woo! My freezing pulse shadow is pretty hardy, good life and resists. Gonna start working on actual offense soon. Also gonna try to find better armor/evasion gear. I don't wanna fucking die.

In shitty and completely unrelated to this thread news, my parakeet of four years flew away. :(

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:51 pm 

sortalikeadream wrote:
Haha, nice one Nochielo. I was totally expecting you to get pissed off that he didn't like it, glad to have been wrong about that.

How much does one of those disks fetch on ebay?

Last time I checked, it was over $100, some going near $150, but that was like 2-3 years ago when I had given up hope of finding it. You cannot begin to imagine my excitement when he brought it to me.

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:56 pm 

Nahsil wrote:
Got to level 40 for the first time in hardcore PoE. Woo! My freezing pulse shadow is pretty hardy, good life and resists. Gonna start working on actual offense soon. Also gonna try to find better armor/evasion gear. I don't wanna fucking die.

In shitty and completely unrelated to this thread news, my parakeet of four years flew away. :(

Dude... Sucks about your bird. Hopefully he comes back, or, he finds a spot he can thrive.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:20 pm 

Been playing an absurd amount of Borderlands lately, should have it beat relatively soon. Has anyone played Borderlands 2? How does it compare with the first one?

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:26 pm 

I didn't like the second very much, never beat it. It ends up pretty imbalanced near the end when you pretty much have no choice but to use corrosive weapons for the last major chunk of the game. It's still good, but I got about a quarter way through and lost interest for several different reasons.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 475, 476, 477, 478, 479, 480, 481 ... 940  Next