Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:22 am 

Oh yeah I know she does that, but she wasn't in the Hunter's Dream at all. Next time it happens, I'll try to remember to record it. Another glitch maybe?

Kahalachan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:13 am 

I played the demo PT and it was scary as all hell. Konami is stupid for not continuing with the next Silent Hill. PT fully realized into a game could be one of the biggest pants shitting experiences you would ever have.

Get it now cause it'll be gone soon from the PSN Store.

Oh and I'm playing Dragon Age Inquisition and my god this game is huge with lots to do.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:52 pm 

"Golden Week" Sale on PSN:
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/ ... NWEEKMIXED

The theme is Japanese (and Japanese-inspired) games. Not sure I'll get anything myself (I have most of the better stuff already ;)) but there are some decent deals. Notable deals (standard prices first, followed by PS+ prices):

Demon's Souls - $6.80 / $5 (to buy or not to buy for the convenience of not inserting the disc...? hmmmmmmmmm :P)
Dragon's Crown - $13.60 / $10 [edit: oops, it's the Vita version only... oh well]
Catherine - $6.80 / $5
Remember Me - $16 / ? (won't show PS+ price for me for some reason)
Dust: An Elysian Tail - $8 / $7.50
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - $20 / $16
Suikoden 2 - $5 / $4
Pier Solar and the Great Architects: $7.50 / $6

+ a whole bunch of weeaboo / Vita waifu sim games if anyone wants them... :P

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:05 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
"Golden Week" Sale on PSN:

Demon's Souls - $6.80 / $5
Dust: An Elysian Tail - $8 / $7.50
Suikoden 2 - $5 / $4

These I'm going to go ahead and snag (Suikoden 2 will be a face-full of nostalgia for sure), though I'm not familiar with the other ones you named. I'll have to check them out!

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:09 pm 

Pretty tempting on some of those. I need a new HDD though...

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:49 pm 

Kahalachan wrote:
Oh and I'm playing Dragon Age Inquisition and my god this game is huge with lots to do.

Yep, the game is phenomenal. For the first time in years, I agree with the general consensus that it was the most outstanding game of 2014. Although I personally think I liked Divinity: OS maybe just a tiny bit more.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Foulchrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:14 pm 

Recently beat Legacy of Kain - Blood Omen.

Thoughts:

What a fucking cool game. Awesome voice work and writing, great atmosphere and just makes you feel like a badass walking around feasting on the blood of feeble humans and slaying everything which dares to get in your path. Almost every sentence that came from Kain's mouth made me grin, and I formed a habit of talking to myself in Kain's voice every now and then while playing like the goofball I am. :D

But the one huge drawback this game had was the unbearably frequent loading screens. Every single door you walk through, every single time you want to change weapon, every fucking time. The screen only lasts around five seconds, but say, for example, I need to switch from my flame sword to get out the axes to cut down a tree that's in my path, I have to hit start - [loading] - select axes and return to game - [loading] - cut down that one tree and then hit start again - [loading] - select flame sword and return to game - [loading] - and oh, time to enter a new area - [loading] - and oh, it's a village where I'm going to compulsively check every single house in case there's an item or bit of storyline, and that's a loading screen per entry and exit. AHHHHHH!

I often felt I was ignoring the right weapon or item for the job simply because I was growing impatient of having to go into the menu to select it, but it was never a problem because health items were so abundant and as long as your health doesn't hit zero mid battle you can always find some poor fool's blood to feed from. I think the game gives you too many items in general, and I rarely even used them. I had maxed my health and magic gauges quite some time before the end of the game, and can't imagine anyone ever getting the game over screen during a normal playthrough. I actually used up all my hearts of darkness and let myself be killed just because I was curious to see what it's like to get a game over.

As for the clunky combat, I found it to be quite forgiveable for the most part. It still felt satisfying, perhaps thanks to the over top gore and general feeling that you are the wolf, they are merely sheep. It did that right, made you feel like a vampire. Exploration was never too confusing, I usually knew exactly where I was supposed to go, even during the labyrinth of caves which I suppose was meant to be the "where the fuck do I go?" part of the game.

Towards the end of the game, I will admit, I was starting to find it a bit tedious and wanted it to be over soon. The ending actually sprung up on me, I was expecting there to be some more work to be done, but all of a sudden it was over. Final form of the last boss was the easiest enemy in the whole game. :-/

Gripes aside, this game had lots of atmosphere and great story, writing and like I said, the voice work (for Kain's character anyway, some of the other characters were awful and not in a so bad it's good sort of way) was phenominal.

Certainly feel motivated to go back and play Soul Reaver. I bought it when it came out and loved the combat and general theme, but back then I was far too impatient for the enviroment puzzles/navigation side of the game. Would have been the same with Blood Omen, the clunky combat and slow pace of the game wouldn't have held my attention for long. I'm sure it will be different playing Soul Reaver now, and especially having already made a dent in the lore of Nosgoth I will invest more in the story too. The intro cutscene still gets me pumped. Cast him in!

hots_towel wrote:
here's a fun little challenge. How long can you listen to this before you even smirk? I made it less than 10 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YHgHO8im2s&t=77s

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:49 pm 

:hyper:
The post above me is 100% Morri-approved. Agreed on just about every word. And Soul Reaver is very different both in terms of tone and gameplay, but somehow they've managed to not only make a great game regardless but stay respectful of the characters and lore (unlike the abomination that is BO2).

The part about grinning every time Kain talks is just so true. Some people have their waifus? Well then Kain is my husbando! :lol:

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:12 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
Some people have their waifus? Well then Kain is my husbando! :lol:

Are you tsundere for him? Or yandere? ;3

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:25 pm 

... I have no idea what that means, and I'm sure I don't want to know.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:36 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
... I have no idea what that means, and I'm sure I don't want to know.

They're bullshit terms for boring character archetypes. One of the many things that pisses me off about Japanese media of the past 5-7 years is that you get these really boring characters (usually women) whose only identifiable character trait is "tsundere." What the hell does this mean? Well, as mentioned, it's a character trait, and it boils down to this: STUPID-ASS BULLSHIT. Naw, I'm just kiddin', it boils down to: PISS. Naw I'm just kiddin', it boils down to:

Tsundere - Bratty-ass bitch who treats the person she loves (usually the main character, because of course) like garbage and acts all embarrassed about the fact she loves him and thus the cycle continues.
Yandere - The bitch who will fucking kill you because she loves you.
Kuudere - That boring-ass bitch who you could easily confuse for a cardboard box. And she loves you.
Deredere - The bubbly airhead. No surprises here. She also loves you. Once again, no surprises here.

And those are the basics. This shit gets bizarre.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:03 pm 

Oi, on the topic of Legacy of Kain, isn't Blood Omen 2 not canon? Or something?

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:39 pm 

anyone getting Wolfenstein The Old Blood? i recently started play The New Order again and its a fucking amazing game, everything i really like about First person shooters

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:41 pm 

SatanicPotato wrote:
anyone getting Wolfenstein The Old Blood? i recently started play The New Order again and its a fucking amazing game, everything i really like about First person shooters

There's a new one coming out already? I still haven't gotten The New Order... ;A;

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:50 pm 

Downloaded and played a bit of Dust: Elysian Tail, girlfriend walks in and says, "are you playing a fucking My Little Pony game?!" :lol:

Fun game so far, though!

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:58 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
SatanicPotato wrote:

There's a new one coming out already? I still haven't gotten The New Order... ;A;

its a standalone prequel, kinda like an add on but you dont need The New Order to play it, i read it ends a few hours before The New Order starts, also i think its about $20 in the US($40 in australia)

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:03 am 

*Starts reading Zelkiro's post, then her eyes glaze over real fast* Nope, nope. I'm out. Ignorance is bliss.

Xlxlx wrote:
Oi, on the topic of Legacy of Kain, isn't Blood Omen 2 not canon? Or something?

Many fans don't consider it canon. It was developed by a different team and they pretty much shat all over the lore and plot and characters. They even brought back a dead character with zero explanation (and in-game the characters don't even react to the fact that he's somehow not dead). Afterwards, the original team tried their very best to retcon the nonsense the BO2 team introduced and more or less managed to make something coherent out of the whole thing (kudos to Amy Hennig, she's quite talented for having managed that :lol:), but yeah, it's best ignored altogether. Especially since the gameplay isn't even really good.

SatanicPotato wrote:

Which is what, exactly? Scripted cinematic sequences, simplistic and linear maps, tacked on stealth, and collectibles? :P
I kid, I kid. TNO wasn't bad. It was fully QTE-free, which is appreciated, the cinematic sequences were not too obnoxious and mercifully few, and it was surprisingly decent for a modern AAA game. It's an entertaining little romp and I was surprised to enjoy the NPCs as much as I did (that crazy math lady really cracked me up), but "fucking amazing" is probably not a phrase I'd use to describe it.

Dragunov wrote:
Downloaded and played a bit of Dust: Elysian Tail, girlfriend walks in and says, "are you playing a fucking My Little Pony game?!" :lol:

Fun game so far, though!

:lol: That's harsh, Dust isn't that saccharine, fortunately. Are you playing on Hard? If not, you should. Normal = easy and Hard = Normal in this game.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

The Red Snifit
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:46 am 

SatanicPotato wrote:

Hell yes. There's apparently going to be around 10 hours of gameplay, which is a lot of shootbang for $20.

Morrigan wrote:
Which is what, exactly? Scripted cinematic sequences, simplistic and linear maps, tacked on stealth, and collectibles? :P
I kid, I kid. TNO wasn't bad. It was fully QTE-free, which is appreciated, the cinematic sequences were not too obnoxious and mercifully few, and it was surprisingly decent for a modern AAA game. It's an entertaining little romp and I was surprised to enjoy the NPCs as much as I did (that crazy math lady really cracked me up), but "fucking amazing" is probably not a phrase I'd use to describe it.

This criticism is misplaced. Wolfenstein has had "simplistic and linear maps" (TNO probably has the most complex maps of any of them) with collectables since Wolf3D; it isn't like Doom or Bioshock where modern entries share almost nothing in common with their predecessors (Bioshock being the "sequel" to System Shock).

TNO takes the classic formula, improves it with radically superior gameplay, and accomplishes the rare feat of humanizing THE gaming meathead protagonist and surrounding him with a strong cast of likeable and hateable characters who all come across naturally, even the smaller roles. All while balancing a super B-movie, pulpy "Nazis win WWII" sci-fi, grindhouse foundation, and touching on deathly serious topics (race, prison camps) without falling flat on its face.

Modern FPSs have become boring corridor shooters, but it isn't up to Wolfenstein to become something it never was in order to "fix" the genre.

Last edited by The Red Snifit on Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:16 am 

The Red Snifit wrote:
SatanicPotato wrote:

Hell yes. There's apparently going to be around 10 hours of gameplay, which is a lot of shootbang for $20.

Morrigan wrote:

This criticism is misplaced. Wolfenstein has had "simplistic and linear maps" with collectables since Wolf3D; it isn't like Doom or Bioshock where modern entries share almost nothing in common with their predecessors (Bioshock being the "sequel" to System Shock).

TNO takes the classic formula, improves it with radically superior gameplay, and accomplishes the rare feat of humanizing THE gaming meathead protagonist and surrounding him with a strong cast of likeable and hateable characters who all come across naturally, even the smaller roles. All while balancing a super B-movie, pulpy "Nazis win WWII" sci-fi, grindhouse foundation, and touching on deathly serious topics (race, prison camps) without falling flat on its face.

Modern FPSs have become boring corridor shooters, but it isn't up to Wolfenstein to become something it never was in order to "fix" the genre.

lol maybe i over sold it but to me i love the shooting, it just feels very good, i would love to see fallout 4 with that shooting because its a lot of fun to me, i honestly never played any of the previous Wolfenstein games so i cant compare, i just find the shooting really addictive, i do enjoy collectables too but yes maybe fucking amazing was too much :P i never played a game where shooting is so much fun though i dont know why i enjoy it so much, the characters tend to be pretty good too, i was expecting really meathead characters like gears of war but what i got was much better(to be fair that is not difficult)

and $40 for 10 hours is still very good, much better than $100 for 2 hours of entertainment which i would have got if i bought evolve

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:46 am 

Keep in mind I didn't bash the game, I enjoyed it, but it IS a simplistic cinematic AAA shooter and the stealth, though 100% optional, really felt tacked on. It's just particularly competently made, but I rolled my eyes at it many times. Especially when it arbitrarily locks doors behind me for no reason or takes away my carefully looted guns and ammo in the next chapter again for no reason.

But yes, as far as cinematic AAA shooters go, it's definitely above average. It's quite entertaining and doesn't tend to insult my intelligence, which is appreciated.
The Red Snifit wrote:
TNO probably has the most complex maps of any of them

Yikes. Well then.

-----

In other news, I just replayed P.T. (and this time successfully completed it! I'm not even sure how it/what worked...) and it's still creepy as fuck. Brrrrr.

Spoiler: show
Seeing the "Kojima Productions" and "Guillermo del Toro" in the credits, to the theme song of Silent Hill 1 that softly fades away.... that's just soul-crushing, man. What a waste.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:02 am 

Morrigan wrote:
TNO wasn't bad. It was fully QTE-free, which is appreciated, the cinematic sequences were not too obnoxious and mercifully few, and it was surprisingly decent for a modern AAA game. It's an entertaining little romp and I was surprised to enjoy the NPCs as much as I did (that crazy math lady really cracked me up), but "fucking amazing" is probably not a phrase I'd use to describe it.

Holy wow, we agree.

Overrated but not nearly as overrated as most "acclaimed" AAA games of today.

Morrigan wrote:
Are you playing on Hard? If not, you should. Normal = easy and Hard = Normal in this game.

That's really the case with most games these days. Pillars of Eternity actually goes to great lengths to warn that the "Normal" setting in their game is not what usually constitutes Normal difficulty in games of today. The reason for the shift? Well the obvious one is that as the market for gaming grows, they have to appeal to an ever-widening audience and a lot of people (particularly men) are almost offended if they have to play a game on anything below normal/medium difficulty to complete it. The other reason is a bit harder to articulate; basically, the bottom line on the majority of medium to large profile games after the early 2000's was to try to make the player "think" she or he is smart while actually presenting very simple and easy-to-follow ways of achieving this. The most obvious example of this is the Mass Effect series where you literally get classically conditioned into clicking either the northeast or southeast "morality" option and BAM, your character says something cool and you get credit for it. Never-mind that a rat could've done just as well.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:05 am 

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 season pass available for pre-order!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/366843
Only $50... for a season pass for a game that's not out for another six months.

I ain't even mad. This is self-parody, totally hilarious.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:19 am 

That's fucking stupid but I will say you kinda know what you're getting when you buy a CoD game these days. Love 'em or hate 'em for it, they have a long and storied tradition of releasing the exact same game year after year with only a paint swap and a few extra bells and whistles. If you know you already like the games and your friends do too, why not shell out early for a discount?

Also, I love how in the Steam description for the season pass they write out the exact words "Game sold separately." :lol: I guess video games really are the new toys.

The Red Snifit
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:23 am 

Morrigan wrote:
Yikes. Well then.

I think it was a pretty accurate statement. Wolf3D has a few stand-out levels, but 99% of the game is pretty straightforward, without any of the "sprawl" that characterized that era of shooters; the maps tend to look big because they're full of those archaic "secrets" that can only be found through tedious wall-hugging, which is something I'm fine without. Maybe saying "it's the most complex Wolfenstein" was an exaggeration, but it's not far off.

DeathspellDelta
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:28 am 

There is a new game out called Exanima, which is supposed to be a prequel to a game called Sui Generis. I think people who enjoyed Dark Souls might be interested. I would be playing it if I didn't mind slouching in front of a computer so much. Here's a link to the gameplay:

wrathchild_88
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:46 am 

Morrigan wrote:
The Red Snifit wrote:
TNO probably has the most complex maps of any of them

Yikes. Well then.

Maybe, it's a toss up between TNO and RTCW. I never finished 'Wolfestein' because my saves got corrupted twice in the same place in the same way: I couldn't equip a weapon any more. And Wolf 3D was one of the first FPS games, so it can probably be forgiven somewhat in terms of simplicity of map design.

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:45 am 

Since I live about 8 years in the past, I played through Shadow of the Colossus this week. I loved it at first, super, retardedly easy, but I don't play games for challenge, I play them for fun experiences and it excelled there. Drags sorta hard through the middle to late game, and then picks up for the end. Got really, really friggen annoyed with all the unavoidable reclimb moves through the mid stretch, since there is no chance of dying fighting most of these things, so once you've solved the puzzle of how to do it there really isn't any need to be forced to do it two to four times, it's not an endurance test of skill when you can't lose. Also didn't like how it only ever tinkered with how to get on the monsters for variation, despite the fact that every one had a unique technique, while actually climbing and killing them stayed the same, the last two bosses added a little bit on that front, but that's too little too late. But hey, climbing big things and stabbing them in the head, who can't like that, wasted potential but an alright use of $20. Also enjoyed the complete lack of story, just boss boss boss, nice way of presenting it. Bit of a wasted opportunity, 7.5/10.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:28 am 

Morrigan wrote:
:lol: That's harsh, Dust isn't that saccharine, fortunately. Are you playing on Hard? If not, you should. Normal = easy and Hard = Normal in this game.

I was playing on Normal, but yeah, it's way too easy. Gonna switch over to Hard next time I boot it up. The animation in this game is absolutely gorgeous. Reminds me of Legend of Mana in some aspects.

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:00 pm 

The Red Snifit wrote:
Wolfenstein has had "simplistic and linear maps" (TNO probably has the most complex maps of any of them) with collectables since Wolf3D

What? That's insane. Wolf 3D still has more complex levels than 99% of the games in the genre it spawned - a bit of a sad fact really. Its maps certainly can't be called linear. Hell, even the very first level, though relatively small, has multiple paths and you must search around for the exit.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:53 pm 

Yeah, taking into account that the levels can only be 2D (no Y axis), they're actually quite complex. There are frequent instances of secrets-within-secrets, too.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:31 pm 

Yeah that's what I thought. I never played the game myself but I watched HB play it enough times to know that seemed completely wrong...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:37 pm 

Couldn't get into Wolf3D, was too spoiled with Doom which destroys everything.

The New Order was amazing though, I'm stoked for the expansion.

Biggie
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:37 pm 

What I liked most about Wolf TNO was the world-building. It didn't overwhelming me with excessive, textbooks-worth of lore, yet there was enough of it to keep the world credible & interesting. That, & I also like that the parody Beatles' song:

Brings up a shit-eater smile to my mug every time I listen to it :D

The Red Snifit
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 2:47 am 

HellBlazer wrote:
The Red Snifit wrote:
Wolfenstein has had "simplistic and linear maps" (TNO probably has the most complex maps of any of them) with collectables since Wolf3D

What? That's insane. Wolf 3D still has more complex levels than 99% of the games in the genre it spawned - a bit of a sad fact really. Its maps certainly can't be called linear. Hell, even the very first level, though relatively small, has multiple paths and you must search around for the exit.

The maps look deceptively complex because of how they're laid out. Example:

From Episode 4 iirc. It looks pretty big, but pay attention to how you'd progress: It's basically one really long hallway with a few side rooms full of collectables (if anything). TNO maps may be physically smaller, but almost every map has multiple ways to reach the ending and can be tackled in a variety of ways.

Compare the Wolf3D map I posted to some of its contemporaries:

Both of those examples give you multiple ways of finishing the level, instead of just ushering you down a linear path with some side rooms.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:58 am 

I'm replaying Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga as a holdover for a certain landmark aRPG that comes out in 2/3rds of a month, and because I recommended it to someone and wanted to make sure it held up.

But it's actually goddamn excellent, even better than I'd remembered it. At least as far as quest design, writing (of which there is an immense amount in both dialog and lore, all of it good), character building and textures are concerned. But unfortunately, the combat doesn't hold up nearly as well. While there are a ton of options and it's all very well balanced, the trade off for this is that despite the combat being entirely real-time, there's no collision detection. None what-so-ever. This means that combat has no real weight to it and it's all very unsatisfying. Which is a shame because otherwise the game just knocks it the hell out of the park.

Anyone else played this?

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:32 am 

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:44 am 

That's probably the best visualization you could make of modern game content :lol: :ugh:

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:48 am 

So the weekly Humble Bundle this week....is pretty good actually. I kept a whole 4 games from it; Race the Sun, Fenix Rage, Wrack (though TBH, as one of the guys that admins Zandronum, formerly Skulltag, I was on a team that kinda had a falling out with that game's dev), and Freedom Planet.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 2:42 pm 

The Red Snifit wrote:
The maps look deceptively complex because of how they're laid out. Example:

From Episode 4 iirc. It looks pretty big, but pay attention to how you'd progress: It's basically one really long hallway with a few side rooms full of collectables (if anything). TNO maps may be physically smaller, but almost every map has multiple ways to reach the ending and can be tackled in a variety of ways.

What? That's just not true. There are a few early maps with sometimes a branching path (which usually just loops around), but the more you play, the more linear it becomes. And that Wolf3D map, even if it's "deceptively complex", is still bigger and more complex than just about any map in TNO. Come on.

I mean TNO is not the worst offender or anything, but its map design is nothing to write home about either.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 2:59 pm 

Xeogred wrote:

love this picture, sadly that is how its going, i really appreciate how CD Projekt RED deal with DLC, pretty much its all free, unless its a major DLC piece which i totally agree with, the way evolve dealt with DLC was complete garbage

sadly for Australia our only AAA company has gone out of business(2K Australia)

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 688, 689, 690, 691, 692, 693, 694 ... 940  Next