Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:20 pm 

NaCl wrote:
Sucks that I need to get a PS4 though, but whatever I guess.

PS4 has some great games available for download. Helldivers, Dead Star, and Rocket League have taken up most of my free time for the last year or so.

darkeningday wrote:
I haven't saw any of the Seen movies.

Dandelo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:12 am 

Rocket League is a cracking wee game. Have that on PC. Thoroughly recommended.

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:32 pm 

There is some nasty connectivity issues on my end with rocket league on xbox one that makes it unplayable a lot of the time. Which sucks, because I used to have a lot of fun with that game.

Polynometal
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:43 pm 

Runescape isn't my cup of tea, and never was, but the new card game for it is astoundingly unique and just generally good fun. I'd encourage as many people as I can to check it out, especially the "dungeoneering" format. Coming from hearthstone, it's a refreshing take on digital card games. A person to play it with would be nice, and I'd be more than happy to help others figure out the (rather complex) game.

Caboose666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:14 am 

oh man, what i'd like to see the next of would be like a squeal of Brutal Legend, i actually loved it from its variety of like Metal songs and open world feel,
and cast of characters referenced in the game itself which was inspiring to play even more, but it seemed like a half game when i finished the main story.

The customization in the game though was pretty rad, but hearing Jack Black in this game as the protagonist was alright.
But a squeal of the game would be interesting in my eyes through, but i doubt there would be a game studio looking into it in any future ahead.

yentass
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:58 pm 

So for those of you who've opted to sit out the Steam Summer Sale's 40% off on DOOM - here's a matching deal, with a coupon (JULY20) that stacks on top of it for a cumulative 52% discount (that'd be a bit shy of $29).
I know nothing of hair care, so bare with me.

Metal dudes, assemble in the shower!

~Guest 171512
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:33 pm 

Doom 3 is still freaky as hell.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:37 pm 

I posted about Rocket League awhile back just as a casual like "Oh hey this is fun!" but I was really bad then. I've gotten a lot better since then (not great mind you, still working on some things) but I am COMPLETELY possessed by this game. To the point that I end up watching a lot of the best teams in the world play. The stuff that teams like We Dem Girlz and Flipside Tactics pull off absolutely destroys my brain. It's inspiring.

I'm on playstation playing as "Yogthsothoth" if anyone is interested. I primarily play ranked Doubles but I love doing duels just for the fun/practice of it. I'm not very high ranked, tier V of the "circle with a star" rank, whatever the fuck that is called. I'm down to play if you're not a huge turd and don't mind that I have no microphone.

wrathchild_88
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:11 pm 

I have barely played Rocket League this year. I was tired of trolls/quitters/morons and also the friends I'd played with weren't on very much. I sunk 300 hours into the alpha and now I kinda want those days back, when the community was awesome. Sure the game is a bit better now, but in the alpha it seemed like every match was a good match, or at least the people made it fun. Maybe it's better now, but I haven't got the inclination at the moment.

I think I posted here asking if people wanted steam keys for the alpha a couple of years ago. You guys could have got an awful hat and some rims!

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:46 pm 

I was really into Rocket League for a while earlier this year, but I never got into the super-competitive varieties - just fun to do a few casual 3v3 matches when I'm drunk or stoned.

NaCl
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:42 pm 

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana is coming out in Japan 21st of July. Shame it's going to be on PS4 and Vita only though.

Can't wait to listen to the soundtrack!

EDIT: Also I am Setsuna coming out in, like, two days I think?

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:16 pm 

I pity the fools who don't have a Vita. I'll be enjoying this new Ys game. 8)

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:11 pm 

I ranked up from "dragonball" to "jew square" in Doubles on Rocket League!

NaCl
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:26 pm 

Seems like the new Ys game will have some frame drops because of the hardware though.

Still intrigued though, and will probably get a PS4 when I have the money.

Odovacar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:28 pm 

Caboose666 wrote:
oh man, what i'd like to see the next of would be like a squeal of Brutal Legend, i actually loved it from its variety of like Metal songs and open world feel,
and cast of characters referenced in the game itself which was inspiring to play even more, but it seemed like a half game when i finished the main story.

The customization in the game though was pretty rad, but hearing Jack Black in this game as the protagonist was alright.
But a squeal of the game would be interesting in my eyes through, but i doubt there would be a game studio looking into it in any future ahead.

Tim Schaffer definitely has ideas for Brutal Legend 2 but it probably won't happen since it'll cost quite a bit of money to develop and the wrangling of rights to get metal songs into the game won't be easy. Maybe if Psychonauts 2 does really well, then maybe? That's if the Fig platform can get past all the SEC red tape.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:24 pm 

Anyone playing I am Setsuna? Best jrpg I've played in forever, basically chrono trigger gameplay with 2016-ish graphics, beautiful world and soundtrack. Pretty good story so far that actually MAKES SENSE (I'm looking at you last 5 Final Fantasy games :roll: ) Highly recommend, only available as a DL for Vita and PS4 I think? Possibly PC.

NaCl
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:20 am 

Sick6Six wrote:
Anyone playing I am Setsuna? Best jrpg I've played in forever, basically chrono trigger gameplay with 2016-ish graphics, beautiful world and soundtrack. Pretty good story so far that actually MAKES SENSE (I'm looking at you last 5 Final Fantasy games :roll: ) Highly recommend, only available as a DL for Vita and PS4 I think? Possibly PC.

I would but at the moment, the 40€ price tag is just a bit of a stretch for me. I haven't even played Chrono Trigger yet (on hold for some reason, I'll get back to it soon) and I payed so much for moving to live on my own in my new apartment. No job yet, either :/

Moving on...

THIS GAME RIGHT HERE. HYPE.

Not only is the setting interesting, the soundtrack alone is enough to get hyped. I want to buy this shit already!!

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:54 pm 

That Yomawari game looks like a mix of Studio Ghibli and Fuan no Tane. Nice.

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:39 pm 

I've heard a lot of criticism about Setsuna...is it actually good? I'd be down to play a modern CT style game if it's good.
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:28 pm 

Thiestru wrote:
Doom 3 is still freaky as hell.

I agree. While it may not live up to the original, I do think it is a decent game. The way that the game keeps rooms very dark and will have enemies appear out of nowhere really does keep you on your toes. You actually get the feeling of being invaded and having your base taken over by a foreign entity.

Exkretor wrote:
The new Sadus sounds like fucking wrestling music.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:51 pm 

It doesn't even really make sense to compare Doom 3 to original Doom. It clearly wanted to be System Shock 2, what with the horror atmosphere, audiologs, constantly scrounging in lockers for ammo, trying to figure out what went wrong in a fucked-up isolated space setting, etc.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:15 pm 

It is always strange to me when people say "Doom 3 is a good game but it's not a good DOOM game," implying there was some established formula for a series when in truth it was just DooM and DooM: Double-Barrel Shotgun Edition. I suppose people had for so long conflated DooM clones and the DooM modding community with id that they'd already built up in their mind what they expected from the Doom brand.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Ancient_Mariner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:24 pm 

With Doom I expect fast and furious game play which was not what Doom 3 was about. No cover or hiding, just dodging and moving and killing fast with lots of enemies on screen at once. l liked D3 but it wasn't as memorable as Doom or Doom 2 for me. Then again those were some of the first games I played when I moved to the 486 from a C-64. Doom the reboot is better in that regard but I've only played the demo.

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:58 pm 

Obviously there is a lot of nostalgia factor in rating Doom and Doom 2 so highly in comparison to Doom 3. But like Ancient Mariner said, a lot of it has to do with the feel of the game. Doom 1 and 2 weren't about trying to be scary or freaking the player out. You were just given guns and your objective was to run around and kill, kill, kill. You were the hunter, not the hunted.

Exkretor wrote:
The new Sadus sounds like fucking wrestling music.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:00 pm 

Inside is a ripper of a game.

only playing that and CS:GO

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Ancient_Mariner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:11 pm 

stickyshooZ wrote:
Obviously there is a lot of nostalgia factor in rating Doom and Doom 2 so highly in comparison to Doom 3. But like Ancient Mariner said, a lot of it has to do with the feel of the game. Doom 1 and 2 weren't about trying to be scary or freaking the player out. You were just given guns and your objective was to run around and kill, kill, kill. You were the hunter, not the hunted.

Well it was both to me, and there were moments when you were like "O SHIT!" when you would hear one of the big demons right off screen and knew it was about to hit the fan. But yeah, most of the time I was not trying to avoid anything but trying to make things dance the chain gun cha-cha.

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:23 pm 

Grim Dawn is a fun hacknslash. Up there with Path of Exile for best post-Diablo 2 hacksnash arpgs I'd say.
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:13 pm 

Nahsil wrote:
Grim Dawn is a fun hacknslash. Up there with Path of Exile for best post-Diablo 2 hacksnash arpgs I'd say.

Yeah and there's quite a bit of choice and consequence, a first (I think at least) for this type of aRPG.

So I finished The Witcher 3: Blood & Wine finally. Meh. Midway through there was a 17+ minute cutscene. I timed it. You literally have to surrender control of your character (aside from simple dialog options) for more than 17 minutes straight. That's just a little shorter than an episode of The Simpsons. Is this really the future of GAME OF THE YEAR gaming? Really? As a $20 DLC though, it was pretty good all things considered.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:06 am 

As a Metal Gear Solid fan, aw.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:38 am 

Only 17 minutes? Bizzitch, please.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:49 am 

Yeah that's not that bad especially for an epic game like the witcher. I was okay with it.

Talented Juli
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:09 am 

I played lately the game Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight. It's a very good game I recommend it to anybody who doesn't hate 2D metroidvanias. It has great atmosphere. If you like Dark Souls, it has a similar feel to exploring its world. In hard mode at least, I found it to be actually hard, which lends exploration a tenseness that you don't get in many games. It has a similar thing going on to Dark Souls's "I really hope I find a bonfire soon" feeling. Also travelling from one region of the game to another can be a challenge unto itself because there's no fast travel. You might have different experience if you're better at metroidvania combat than I am, though.

The game nails the atmosphere. NPC dialog, area design, music, etc. all come together really well. The game is pretty dark, but it isn't non-stop bleakness. Some of the areas are rather pleasant, and a few of the enemies are even cute. Your character fights using a Maple leaf. It has just enough off-beat stuff going on that everything stands out for the contrast it creates.

Bosses are a low point. They manage to be fairly challenging in hard mode simply because you have to execute them nearly perfectly due to them killing your in 1 or 2 hits, but their patterns are really simple. They can feel like a bit of a slog at times as a result, dying over and over to a boss you "know" how to beat, but keep messing up your positioning or timing by a little bit. Some of the boss music is nice, though.

Overall I love the game, though. Can't really recommend it enough.

Also it graphically looks like Cave Story, so it has that going for it.

~Guest 171512
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:40 pm 

I just got to Hell in Doom 3 last night for the first time. I never beat the game; this is the farthest I've ever made it. I'm not sure if it's as creepy as the Delta Labs were, honestly. Maybe because it's Hell, I just expect things to be horrific, but in the station you really got a feeling of wrongness. This isn't a criticism of the game, just an observation. Not having a flashlight is cramping my style.

As to the question of whether or not Doom 3 is a good Doom game: I don't know or care. I'm really an outsider to the series; I was aware of and had seen the original game(s), but never really played them. I started with Doom 3, and I love it for what it is. I've played the old games since, but they don't do much for me; I'm not usually a FPS fan. The atmosphere of Doom 3 is what caught me.

Foulchrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:08 pm 

What with all the Pokemon Go hype lately, I decided to play Pokemon Red for the first time since it came out. Can anyone tell me what the effect of evolving a pokemon is? Other than making it look cooler and adding to the list of owned pokemon. I'm aware that delaying its evolution speeds up the rate at which it learns new moves. I'm guessing there are moves exclusive to the evolved pokemon?

hots_towel wrote:
here's a fun little challenge. How long can you listen to this before you even smirk? I made it less than 10 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YHgHO8im2s&t=77s

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:12 pm 

Foulchrist wrote:
What with all the Pokemon Go hype lately, I decided to play Pokemon Red for the first time since it came out. Can anyone tell me what the effect of evolving a pokemon is? Other than making it look cooler and adding to the list of owned pokemon. I'm aware that delaying its evolution speeds up the rate at which it learns new moves. I'm guessing there are moves exclusive to the evolved pokemon?

Pretty significant stats boosts. Obviously then the tradeoff becomes keeping a weaker mon around to get a good move early and then evolving it, or evolving it sooner to get the buffs. Also, (in gen1 at least) most mons that evolve with stones have the evolved form barely learning any new moves whatsoever (though this isn't exclusively so, IE the eeveelutions all have new movesets after you evolve them, obviously.)

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:14 pm 

Foulchrist wrote:

Evolved Pokemon occasionally learn different moves, gain additional or different types, and, most importantly, typically get a huge boost in stats (e.g. Vulpix's base Special Attack stat is 50, while Ninetales' is 81).

iDead
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:21 pm 

No Mans Sky. Cant wait to to get into that. Already prepared my own soundtrack consisting of Dargaard, Burzum, Midnight Odyssey, my own dark ambient/noise project

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:26 am 

So apparently Slain! got a massive update, more like a re-launch really, where they fixed all the major problems that people complained about, and it's supposedly pretty good now? I wonder... I wanted that game to be good, but the early reviews were brutal. Hopefully it's decent now.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:53 am 

I had a chance to do music for Slain but the guy went with someone else :( I would have killed it!

Kahalachan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:18 am 

Been learning Juri from Street Fighter V, which is holding me off until I get No Man's Sky. :)

Here's my Juri.

Morrigan wrote:
ATTN BastardHead, Zelkiro, stickyshooZ, and other FF(6) fans... this is for you (warning: contains supreme nerdness)

:D

Spoiler: show
Yes, I actually made this. I am playing Sabin, and Edgar is played by Kahalachan.

:lol: That was great!

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 767, 768, 769, 770, 771, 772, 773 ... 940  Next