Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:35 pm 

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/03 ... condition/

Finally, all that wasted talent put to use (if condition is met)

Expedience
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:57 pm 

Quote:
Says Chris Avellone, “Wasteland is one of my favorite RPGs of all time, and when Brian asked if I wanted to work on the sequel, I jumped at the chance. While I’ve worked on Fallout 2 and Fallout: New Vegas, getting the chance to work on the spiritual successor to the Fallout franchise is a honor.”

Does Chris Avellone know what a spiritual successor is?

Shutdown
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:01 pm 

Expedience wrote:
Quote:
Says Chris Avellone, “Wasteland is one of my favorite RPGs of all time, and when Brian asked if I wanted to work on the sequel, I jumped at the chance. While I’ve worked on Fallout 2 and Fallout: New Vegas, getting the chance to work on the spiritual successor to the Fallout franchise is a honor.”

Well, you could call Wasteland 2 a spiritual successor to Fallout 2 I guess. I mean, that's what the game will turn into anyway.

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:35 pm 

Expedience wrote:
Quote:

Uh... apparently Rock Paper Shotgun can't copy-paste correctly, because the original quote in the Kickstarter update does say spiritual predecessor.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:27 pm 

RPS's articles have been pretty sloppy lately.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:34 pm 

HellBlazer wrote:
Expedience wrote:

Uh... apparently Rock Paper Shotgun can't copy-paste correctly, because the original quote in the Kickstarter update does say spiritual predecessor.

Pretty sure the article was edited, since I'm almost positive when I first read it it did indeed say "successor."
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

BlindTortureKill
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:32 am 

Adriankat wrote:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/03/30/obisidian-to-co-develop-wasteland-2-on-one-condition/

Finally, all that wasted talent put to use (if condition is met)

Holy crap, fine, I'm selling one of every paired organ in my body.

garthmargengi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:16 am 

Any Civilization V players here? I'm looking for someone that's kind of a starter (like me) to play against online, the ones I found on steam were way too pro for me, I could barely keep up.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:58 pm 

garthmargengi wrote:
Any Civilization V players here? I'm looking for someone that's kind of a starter (like me) to play against online, the ones I found on steam were way too pro for me, I could barely keep up.

My sister has been playing it endlessly. It is on this computer I'm using, I'll try playing it.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

garthmargengi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:26 pm 

Well, if at any point you feel like playing online, my steam id is floresypraderas

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:53 pm 

Legend of Grimrock coming DRM-free to GOG for $12 in less than 2 weeks! :hyper:
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:08 pm 

That looks really cool.

Folkemon_
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:11 pm 

garthmargengi wrote:

Well im not new but i suck at it, i can barely find any games online, theres usuall 0-5 crappy games

garthmargengi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:32 pm 

Best way to find games is joining one of the steam groups and see who's playing at the time.

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:23 am 

All this Kickstarter stuff makes me wonder if there will be an attempt to revive real arena shooters like Quake.

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:05 am 

Has anyone played HoMM VI yet? How does it compare to HoMM V?

Ravenlord266
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:38 am 

I just beat Dark Souls :) Wasn't able to play for a big while but I finally reached the end. Gwyn was a pussy :beer:

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
Some cultures radiate "I peaked in high school" energy, metal culture radiates "I peaked when somebody else peaked in high school" energy.

satanic_neumann
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:08 am 

kingnuuuur wrote:
Has anyone played HoMM VI yet? How does it compare to HoMM V?

I've finished the game few months ago, personally i liked it more than HoMM V. There are some big changes to the classic HoMM formula like unit tiers system, hero leveling and economy. I'm not sure if some annoying bugs has been patched yet but they aren't anything totally gameplay breaking. Graphicly its really good and beatiful to look at. So yeah, it has mixed opinions among fans (but which new game hasn't?), i'd say if you can play games unprejudiced, give it a try.

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:13 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
If Heavy Rain is the only PS3 game you'd be interested in, you have shit taste in gaming. :P

Ouch. Only slightly uncalled for, I guess.

PeachPit
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:11 pm 

Adriankat wrote:
All this Kickstarter stuff makes me wonder if there will be an attempt to revive real arena shooters like Quake.

This implies that Quake is dead ;) I recently posted about OpenArena, you should check it out!!

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:09 pm 

I love those Arena shooters so much. OpenArena looks cool.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:40 pm 

PeachPit wrote:
Adriankat wrote:

This implies that Quake is dead ;) I recently posted about OpenArena, you should check it out!!

When the competitive scene has no up-and-comers, it's dead. It's literally just Rapha, Cooller, Cypher, and so on in every grand finals. Gone are the old days of awesome pugs and clan wars.

BlindTortureKill
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:29 pm 

It's not axactly a Quake style arena shooter, but have you guys tried Tribes: Ascend?

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:20 pm 

Adriankat wrote:
When the competitive scene has no up-and-comers, it's dead. It's literally just Rapha, Cooller, Cypher, and so on in every grand finals. Gone are the old days of awesome pugs and clan wars.

How's the UT community? lol. I always think about maybe getting into it. Would probably just get annihilated though at this point.

PeachPit
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:40 pm 

Adriankat wrote:

Haha, well I never played any games except for a small one called Soldat competitively, I mainly meant in reference to the LAN scene. My university has frequent Quake tournies, among other games.

Xeogred wrote:
How's the UT community? lol. I always think about maybe getting into it. Would probably just get annihilated though at this point.

You and Adriankat should both also check out Urban Terror, it's a mod that used to be based off Q3A, and has a fairly active community, that is currently getting a graphical overhaul. Not everyone in that game is a hardcore keyboard warrior, so you won't get smoked out 0-20 like I do in Counter-Strike :lol:

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:20 pm 

Just watched some videos, that definitely doesn't look bad at all. The levels look a lot more fun than CS.

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:32 pm 

CS or death! Why settle for a lesser punishment?
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:33 pm 

CS is supreme.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

PeachPit
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:35 pm 

Nahsil wrote:
CS or death! Why settle for a lesser punishment?

Only masochism is real!

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:08 am 

Masochism for the first year or two and then you get the hang of it and start to dish out the masochism, turns into sadism. Well, I played competitively and you learn really fast in that scenario. Public servers are always too easy, even years after I played with any seriousness. Referring to 1.6 btw.

Anybody play Path of Exile? It's basically the game Diablo 3 should be, and it's FREE. Ridiculous. Tons of fun, great presentation etc. It's in closed beta right now, but they just had a public weekend. Can't wait til it comes out.

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:23 am 

BlindTortureKill wrote:
It's not axactly a Quake style arena shooter, but have you guys tried Tribes: Ascend?

One of my main shooters right now. I mostly play light/medium offense but flag grabbing gets my adrenaline pumping so hard. I think my fastest successful grab was 230 KM/h on Temple Ruins.

Xeogred wrote:

Haven't paid attention to it but I heard there's an IRC channel out there with people in it that still play it. According to Gametracker there's still plenty of servers with 5+ people.

PeachPit wrote:
You and Adriankat should both also check out Urban Terror, it's a mod that used to be based off Q3A, and has a fairly active community, that is currently getting a graphical overhaul. Not everyone in that game is a hardcore keyboard warrior, so you won't get smoked out 0-20 like I do in Counter-Strike :lol:

I've tried it out and I liked it. It reminded me of an old mod called Action Quake 2. I love it when games are semi-realistic in the sense that you have to bandage wounds and headshots can one hit kill you, but at the same time you can do crazy movement like sliding on ramps. :d

As for CS, I got into the beta for CS:GO last Sunday and I already have 12 hours on it. It's not quite 1.6 (yet) but it's a lot better than Source already. When the beta first came out, a lot of people were expressing disappointment but the hivemind is slowly changing their opinion with each update. The last one fixed accuracy and recoil, which was much needed after people were having issues with the AK47's first bullet accuracy.

PeachPit
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:24 am 

Nahsil wrote:
Anybody play Path of Exile? It's basically the game Diablo 3 should be, and it's FREE. Ridiculous. Tons of fun, great presentation etc. It's in closed beta right now, but they just had a public weekend. Can't wait til it comes out.

I first got really excited about this when I put my name on the beta list because of the seemingly mammoth, jaw dropping, expansive skill tree. But then i realized it wasn't a skill tree, it was a "+3 to intelligence/other insignificant attribute" tree, and the changes that you make to it don't have gigantic effect on actual gameplay. I enjoyed the 'skill crystal' aspect to the game, but the more I played the more i realized that it was an under polished Diablo 2. I am well aware that it's in beta still, but the game unfortunately didn't hold my interest past ~10 hours. Also, it didn't run too well on my poor, aging computer :P

On the other hand, there are some truly fun monsters to beat up, and the difficult curve is spot on (ie, it was always a little tough). I enjoyed the varied enviroments, but the lack of tutorial would've hurt my play experience if my buddy hadn't shown me the ropes. The best improvement the game has over D2 is the potion system, which kicked utter ass. Kill more dudes, fill your potion bottle. They even have enchanted bottles! Very cool.

I have a closed beta key if you want to play some more, Nahsil, if you are interested shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up.

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:21 pm 

The only thing I thought could use some polish was the story presentation/lack of voice acting and stuff. The passive skill tree is massive and yeah a lot of it is just seemingly inconsequential stuff, but I love that it gives you so many options for how to build your character. I was ultra busy this past weekend and only got to play for 2-3 hours, but I'm really looking forward to digging into it.

BaloroftheEvilEye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:45 pm 

I'm really looking forward to PoE. It does seem to be lacking in areas, but ultimately, it looks like what Diablo 3 should have been, ie, not a cartoon.

mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:16 pm 

failsafeman wrote:

If you want reinvention of the series, play Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. It's got good points and bad points as well, but I definitely liked it better than Homecoming.

Is Homecoming really that bad? I just ordered it as SH HD is reported to be full of bugs and suffers artifacts.

Really want a decent Silent Hill game to immerse myself in, been waiting a couple of years for a 360 version.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:25 pm 

Homecoming is pretty bad, but it's better than Downpour, which was a piece of shit. If you don't mind a more combat oriented game, check it out.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:31 pm 

Downpour is definitely better than Homecoming. Homecoming has better combat and graphics, sure, but Downpour is actually a Silent Hill game.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:33 pm 

I'm playing Runescape. Add me: Poopingman
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:43 pm 

I'd refuse to add someone with such a screen name on principle...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:45 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
I'd refuse to add someone with such a screen name on principle...

In my defense, I was 13 when I created the account...okay that isn't really something to brag about either.

Last.fm

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 405, 406, 407, 408, 409, 410, 411 ... 940  Next