Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
marktheviktor
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:41 am
Posts: 6902
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:48 am 
 

John Madden retired. Too bad he couldn't have done one more year but I think Cris Collinsworth is a terrific color guy to go with Al Michaels.

I am still smarting over the Steelers winning over my Cardinals. That still just hurts. Big Ben, I hate you!

Top
 Profile  
KC_Slaanesh
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:51 pm
Posts: 1188
Location: Lenexa, Kansas
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:45 pm 
 

John Madden was a windbag who excelled at stating the retardedly obvious, and Collinsworth is the most obnoxiously cheesy cheesedick to cheese himself on national t.v. Shoulda went with Chris Berman.

Top
 Profile  
marktheviktor
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:41 am
Posts: 6902
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:19 am 
 

I guess you don't actually watch much football on television. Chris Berman does do football games but he is not a color commentator, he is a play-by-play announcer.

Top
 Profile  
KC_Slaanesh
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:51 pm
Posts: 1188
Location: Lenexa, Kansas
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:28 am 
 

Chris Berman has great color, him and Al Michaels would actually be my dream duo for football announcing. If Chris Berman is play by play then have 2 of those motherfuckers, you feel me? He is way more insightful and amusing than Madden or Collinsworth any day of the week.

P.S. who decided we need a full time color guy to tell us worthless info about players for the whole broadcast? "Oh, I sat down with (insert qb name) this week and he sounded really committed to the fucking idea of making the playoffs and winning a super bowl." No shit! "Oh this player has gone through (insert emotional storyline) this past week. I'm sure we can all agree that he is a human being and we feel x amount of empathy for his life situation." I'd rather have two play by play guys, thank you very much.

Top
 Profile  
marktheviktor
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:41 am
Posts: 6902
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:42 am 
 

KC_Slaanesh wrote:
Chris Berman has great color, him and Al Michaels would actually be my dream duo for football announcing. If Chris Berman is play by play then have 2 of those motherfuckers, you feel me? He is way more insightful and amusing than Madden or Collinsworth any day of the week.

P.S. who decided we need a full time color guy to tell us worthless info about players for the whole broadcast? "Oh, I sat down with (insert qb name) this week and he sounded really committed to the fucking idea of making the playoffs and winning a super bowl." No shit! "Oh this player has gone through (insert emotional storyline) this past week. I'm sure we can all agree that he is a human being and we feel x amount of empathy for his life situation." I'd rather have two play by play guys, thank you very much.


There would be no need to have two play-by-play guys however animated and experienced they are. I don't think Al and Chris Berman would co-exist very well. There would be no chemistry as Chris' flamboyant Berman-isms would clash with Al's no nonsense "appeal to the football guy" style of calling. I actually like Cris Collinsworth as my favorite color guy. He is extremely insightful and knowledgeable and tells it like it is. Troy Aikman would be my second choice to fill the vacated spot as he is similar.

Top
 Profile  
KC_Slaanesh
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:51 pm
Posts: 1188
Location: Lenexa, Kansas
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:10 am 
 

O.k. I'll give you Troy Aikman but after seeing Collinsworth at the Olympics with Michael Phelps' mom and their gay ass interview with Chris just cheesedicking his way through it I just can not take him seriously anymore. Whatever i said about Madden though, i will miss him too. Especially if Cheesedickfucker McCollinsworth is on MNF every week.... well maybe I'll just get used to him.

Top
 Profile  
marktheviktor
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:41 am
Posts: 6902
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:04 am 
 

I was also one of those who didn't mind Dennis Miller when he was in the booth as a comic foil for a couple of seasons.

Top
 Profile  
immortalshadow666
Transilvanian sandwich, mould! MOULD!

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:58 pm
Posts: 2184
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:17 am 
 

The Geelong Football Club is unstoppable!!!
_________________
OlioTheSmall wrote:
AIDS... AIDS... AND MORE AIDS!!!!!!!!!


fetalfeast wrote:
I'm glad not all Australians are assholes like you.

Top
 Profile  
marktheviktor
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:41 am
Posts: 6902
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:46 am 
 

immortalshadow666 wrote:
The Geelong Football Club


What the hell is that?

Top
 Profile  
MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:16 am
Posts: 10757
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:12 pm 
 

immortalshadow666 wrote:
The Geelong Football Club is unstoppable!!!

Yeah, they're going great, but I was more impressed to see that St. Kilda kept Fremantle to just four goals for the entire game. They look like the team to beat.
_________________
On cocaine, ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
I never did it and you did. I'm automatically better and a better judge of intelligence.
My collection

Top
 Profile  
immortalshadow666
Transilvanian sandwich, mould! MOULD!

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:58 pm
Posts: 2184
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:37 am 
 

What an incredible display this morning, 4-4 at Anfield. I thought we were down and out after Arshavin got his fourth, but the way we hit back with only a couple of minutes of stoppage time, my heart was in my throat. We've lost the title race surely, but we're closer than ever. Next year! :D

marktheviktor wrote:
immortalshadow666 wrote:
The Geelong Football Club


What the hell is that?


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geelong_Cats

Mikey, I'm a bit worried that Cameron Ling is out with an Achilles heel now. It'll be hard without 3 of our starting 18, including Ottens who is still a few weeks away, but at least Darren Milburn is back in the side, so we should be right to at least grind out some tough wins until we get our best back.

Absolutely no doubt St. Kilda have been dominant so far (200% after four rounds!!!), but they've come up against some quite easy opposition so far and they seem to be flat track bullies at the moment, it'll be interesting to see how their season pans out against tougher opposition - teams like Geelong, the Bulldogs, and I daresay even the Crows - I think they're on their way back up.. Though with that said, they belted the Eagles by 97 points who then, to everyone's surprise, knocked off the Doggies the very next week.

Also, not taking anything away from the Saints - keeping any fellow AFL team to 4 goals for the game is a massive defensive effort. I thought that was going to happen a few years back when I went to Geelong in the wet and we kept Brisbane to 4 behinds for the entire first half!! But not to be....
_________________
OlioTheSmall wrote:
AIDS... AIDS... AND MORE AIDS!!!!!!!!!


fetalfeast wrote:
I'm glad not all Australians are assholes like you.

Top
 Profile  
Perplexed_Sjel
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:33 pm
Posts: 2182
Location: Afghanistan
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:49 am 
 

immortalshadow666 wrote:
What an incredible display this morning, 4-4 at Anfield. I thought we were down and out after Arshavin got his fourth, but the way we hit back with only a couple of minutes of stoppage time, my heart was in my throat. We've lost the title race surely, but we're closer than ever. Next year! :D


Yeah, I think we're out of the race now. Still, like you say, we're closer than ever and that makes me happy/is all I wanted from this season. We've done ourselves proud and maybe, just maybe, we can win it next season.

My nerves were shot to shit during that game. I can't take many more 4-4 draws. Our defense was all over the place. In fact, they scored 3 of their goals due to defensive mistakes.

Top
 Profile  
fiercetroll
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:44 am
Posts: 460
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:03 am 
 

Anyone following the goddamn NBA playoffs? I'm liking the Bulls chances to take the series against Celtics with Powe and Garnett down, boy that would be awesome
_________________
MegaHassan wrote:
Heavy Metal is a dull and boring genre; Normal heavy metal is boring as fuck;Icons of Evil is one of the best death metal albums ever, period.

Top
 Profile  
Shutdown
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:20 pm
Posts: 2083
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:41 am 
 

You people are clueless. The only reason you guys are doing well in the league this year is because you've sacrificed all other competitions. Why do you think Liverpool were shit in the league while strong in the cups and Europe in previous seasons? You don't have a decent enough squad to rotate players properly and rely way too heavily on a certain two players to bring you through the season. Saying that you are closer this year is bollocks purely because you're further away in other competitions. All you've done is focused on something different, the league. I hope you win fuck all.

Top
 Profile  
I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:11 pm
Posts: 1652
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:54 am 
 

immortalshadow666 wrote:
The Geelong Football Club is unstoppable!!!


The only thing worse than Geelong are their fans seriously :P , i love seeing those cunts lose (the team). I cant really talk though being a supporter of the Dons.

Top
 Profile  
Perplexed_Sjel
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:33 pm
Posts: 2182
Location: Afghanistan
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:13 am 
 

Shutdown wrote:
You people are clueless. The only reason you guys are doing well in the league this year is because you've sacrificed all other competitions. Why do you think Liverpool were shit in the league while strong in the cups and Europe in previous seasons? You don't have a decent enough squad to rotate players properly and rely way too heavily on a certain two players to bring you through the season. Saying that you are closer this year is bollocks purely because you're further away in other competitions. All you've done is focused on something different, the league. I hope you win fuck all.


Sacrificed? And apparently, we're clueless. I assumed you didn't see the Champions League QUARTER-FINALS? We did NOT sacrifice that. Nor did we sacrifice the FA Cup. We lost to a good Everton side in a closely fought battle. You and your ignorance are a good match for each other. Stats say we were the best team towards the end of last season and we've been consistently challenging this season. THUS THE REASON WE'RE TOP, AT THE MOMENT! For you to say we're not challenging for the LEAGUE because we haven't won a CUP COMPETITION is inane, delusional and downright stupid.

See, people make those comments, "You rely heavily on two players." Excuse me, but who doesn't rely on their best players to produce the goods? Should we drop Gerrard and Torres because the lesser players deserve a chance? No, don't be foolish. In actual fact, we've spent half the season without both players! Torres has been consistently injured and Gerrard has had a number of injuries too. If we didn't have a good enough squad, we wouldn't be where we are. FACT. May you and your blinkered views have a nice life stuck in that bubble of yours. Walk on, chump.

Top
 Profile  
Shutdown
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:20 pm
Posts: 2083
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:33 am 
 

The same old scouse excuses. You haven't spent half the season without the two players, you've spent half the season without both players playing at the same time. What you don't seem to understand is that your squad is about as deep as a puddle. Take away your first 11 and you are left with a relegation battling team. It's not really a problem when you're in 1 competition, but don't you think that it's been a problem while drawing all of those games to shitty bottom half teams in the league and getting knocked out early in the FA cup and the league cup? The reason I mention that you rely on two players is that they are forced to play in every game they aren't injured for as you have little alternative. Don't you think that this has contributed to Torres' injury problems? If your manager stopped fucking up in the transfer market (Robbie Keane) then maybe you would have a decent enough replacement for Torres so that he could get enough rest periodically. But no, you can't trust the likes of Dirk Kuyt and Ryan Babel to score in his absence. You can only rely on Gerrard who pretty much IS Liverpool.

Maybe once your manager stops being a laughing stock and starts buying wisely you'll have a decent enough squad to challenge in all competitions like Chelsea and Manchester United can.

Top
 Profile  
Perplexed_Sjel
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:33 pm
Posts: 2182
Location: Afghanistan
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:49 am 
 

Yes, you're right. We're definitely relegation candidates. With only a few games to go, and being some 40 points above the zone, we're definitely fighting to stay up. Its looking pretty bleak, to be honest. :( Going to Old Trafford and spanking Manure 4-1 was definitely our lowest point. We struggled so badly.

I don't suppose you've followed Liverpool's games as closely as I have. Its not like we struggled to draw against the lesser teams. We didn't scrape them, we were simply unfortunate not to win. Here's a good example - the game against Fulham ... We hit the woodwork on FOUR separate occasions and made numerous other chances. We've been unlucky. The stats confirm that (just like last nights game - over 15 shots to Arsenal's 5 or so). A few mistakes does not make a bad team.

Also, there have been numerous suggestions that Keane wasn't Benitez's signing, which again shows your ignorance. Why do you think there were so many contract negotiations? Its because Benitez wanted more control over signings (like bringing in a certain Fernando Torres) and the running of the club. Its suggested that Keane was a Parry buy, which is why Parry is off at the end of the season - because Benitez has won control.

I don't suppose you know anything about our academy either? Benitez has put in place a fantastic academy system. Before him, we didn't have one! Our reserves were made up of poor first team players and now we have a lot of young, and potentially brilliant kids. Pacheco, Lauri Dalla Valle, Darby, Kelly, Hammill, Spearing, Pepper, Nemeth etc etc ... Thus the reason we've dominated the youth system.

Top
 Profile  
Mors_Gloria
See? Marge was right!! ^

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:07 am
Posts: 1053
Location: Greece
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:11 pm 
 

Perplexed_Sjel wrote:
We hit the woodwork on FOUR separate occasions


When talking about woodworks... -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce5jdi9bmc0

(5 woodworks in the same game, the 3 of them from the same player, Katsouranis).
_________________
Panopticon at Flag Burner, Torch Bearer wrote:
Tonight all flags must burn in place of steeples. Autonomy must return to the hands of the people!


http://www.metalfighters.com/

Top
 Profile  
Shutdown
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:20 pm
Posts: 2083
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:00 pm 
 

Perplexed_Sjel wrote:
Yes, you're right. We're definitely relegation candidates. With only a few games to go, and being some 40 points above the zone, we're definitely fighting to stay up. Its looking pretty bleak, to be honest. :( Going to Old Trafford and spanking Manure 4-1 was definitely our lowest point. We struggled so badly.

I don't suppose you've followed Liverpool's games as closely as I have. Its not like we struggled to draw against the lesser teams. We didn't scrape them, we were simply unfortunate not to win. Here's a good example - the game against Fulham ... We hit the woodwork on FOUR separate occasions and made numerous other chances. We've been unlucky. The stats confirm that (just like last nights game - over 15 shots to Arsenal's 5 or so). A few mistakes does not make a bad team.

Also, there have been numerous suggestions that Keane wasn't Benitez's signing, which again shows your ignorance. Why do you think there were so many contract negotiations? Its because Benitez wanted more control over signings (like bringing in a certain Fernando Torres) and the running of the club. Its suggested that Keane was a Parry buy, which is why Parry is off at the end of the season - because Benitez has won control.

I don't suppose you know anything about our academy either? Benitez has put in place a fantastic academy system. Before him, we didn't have one! Our reserves were made up of poor first team players and now we have a lot of young, and potentially brilliant kids. Pacheco, Lauri Dalla Valle, Darby, Kelly, Hammill, Spearing, Pepper, Nemeth etc etc ... Thus the reason we've dominated the youth system.


1) I didn't say you were relegation material. But as you are being so fucking retarded and choosing to intepret what I say in a completely incorrect way, I guess you might as well be.

2) I do follow Liverpool matches. I've probably only missed a couple of their non-league games this season.

3) Parry was also a laughing stock.

4) Regardless of who made the decision to sign Keane, if you've seen that list floating around comparing the price of players coming in and out of Liverpool with other top clubs, you'll notice that Benitez (along with Parry, if you want to be like that) are poor in the transfer market.

5) Going on about how you hammered United while drawing to all those crap teams shows that Liverpool, while up for the big matches, fail to turn up for the easier ones.

6) Yes you have some promising youngsters. But you do know that less than half of the ones you've named will actually come good? It's always been that way.

Top
 Profile  
DeathForBlitzkrieg
A Dead Man's Robe

Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:23 pm
Posts: 2136
Location: Austria
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:04 pm 
 

Damn, Real Madrid's Pepe is an asshole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCfPYO-xVyQ

Watch closely or wait for slow-motion. :nono:
_________________
And now... it might satisfy to dream eternally.

Top
 Profile  
KC_Slaanesh
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:51 pm
Posts: 1188
Location: Lenexa, Kansas
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:11 pm 
 

fiercetroll wrote:
Anyone following the goddamn NBA playoffs? I'm liking the Bulls chances to take the series against Celtics with Powe and Garnett down, boy that would be awesome


Yeah the Bulls are in good position, but I would take Philly or Orlando over them in the 2nd round. I'm actually thinking Orlando could win the title, unless they have to play the Lakers in the finals.

Top
 Profile  
Snowgrave
Under The Plaintive Sky

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:31 pm
Posts: 2641
Location: U.S.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:16 pm 
 

KC_Slaanesh wrote:
fiercetroll wrote:
Anyone following the goddamn NBA playoffs? I'm liking the Bulls chances to take the series against Celtics with Powe and Garnett down, boy that would be awesome


Yeah the Bulls are in good position, but I would take Philly or Orlando over them in the 2nd round. I'm actually thinking Orlando could win the title, unless they have to play the Lakers in the finals.

You're both wrong. Celtics are taking their second straight title, despite the injuries. ;)
_________________
In pale light I wander on

Top
 Profile  
Perplexed_Sjel
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:33 pm
Posts: 2182
Location: Afghanistan
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:25 pm 
 

Shutdown wrote:
1) I didn't say you were relegation material. But as you are being so fucking retarded and choosing to intepret what I say in a completely incorrect way, I guess you might as well be.

2) I do follow Liverpool matches. I've probably only missed a couple of their non-league games this season.

3) Parry was also a laughing stock.

4) Regardless of who made the decision to sign Keane, if you've seen that list floating around comparing the price of players coming in and out of Liverpool with other top clubs, you'll notice that Benitez (along with Parry, if you want to be like that) are poor in the transfer market.

5) Going on about how you hammered United while drawing to all those crap teams shows that Liverpool, while up for the big matches, fail to turn up for the easier ones.

6) Yes you have some promising youngsters. But you do know that less than half of the ones you've named will actually come good? It's always been that way.


Its called sarcasm and hyperbole, dear. You're stuck in your views and that's fine, just don't expect me to respect your narrow minded ways. :) You have some sort of vendetta against Liverpool and that's your prerogative. We've challenged and we're still challenging. We've won 20, drawn 11 and lost 2. If you think we're doing badly, that's your opinion. Saying we'd be relegation material without our first 11 is nonsensical since that isn't reality. United without their first 11 wouldn't win the league, nor would Chelsea, or Arsenal. The point is that Rafa has set up a sustainable youth system and since we're supposedly looking into bringing Dalglish back to help, things look positive. All managers buy good and bad players. You never know until you try ... Mascherano, Alonso, Torres, Reina, Agger, Skrtle, Riera etc etc have all been positive buys.

Top
 Profile  
marktheviktor
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:41 am
Posts: 6902
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:37 pm 
 

The National Football League is considering London to host an upcoming Super Bowl. Oh, brother. That's like New York or Los Angeles hosting a Euro Cup or a British Football Championship Cup(or whatever that event would be called for them).

Top
 Profile  
KC_Slaanesh
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:51 pm
Posts: 1188
Location: Lenexa, Kansas
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:14 pm 
 

Yeah except the Super Bowl would sell out if they played it in fucking Palestine. Since it is so expensive to go, I will be watching on t.v. anyways, so I don't care where they play as long as it's prime time here. The international market for American football is extremely limited, but I think the Super Bowl would be a big shot in the arm for London just as it is for an American host city.

On a tangent, what do you guys think about the new commissioner? I think he's a stupid prick. Expanding the regular season when players can't stay healthy now, kicking people out of the league for alleged crimes before their court date, shipping games overseas, and he will probably fuck up the bargaining agreement too. Get this motherfucker outta here! Anyone agree with me?

Top
 Profile  
MEGANICK89
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:15 pm
Posts: 94
Location: Cleveland, OH
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:39 am 
 

Snowgrave wrote:
KC_Slaanesh wrote:
fiercetroll wrote:
Anyone following the goddamn NBA playoffs? I'm liking the Bulls chances to take the series against Celtics with Powe and Garnett down, boy that would be awesome


Yeah the Bulls are in good position, but I would take Philly or Orlando over them in the 2nd round. I'm actually thinking Orlando could win the title, unless they have to play the Lakers in the finals.

You're both wrong. Celtics are taking their second straight title, despite the injuries. ;)


Not a chance, this is the Cavs year. Lebron is on a mission. Cavs 09' NBA Champs. Book it

Top
 Profile  
Perplexed_Sjel
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:33 pm
Posts: 2182
Location: Afghanistan
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:35 am 
 

4 days until I'm sitting in Anfield, watching Liverpool whip Newcastle live, in person. :) So excited! Hope I'm not hungover for the game itself, though its very possible I will be. Tickets arrived the other day at £37 each.

Top
 Profile  
Mezentus
Blood on my hands

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:23 pm
Posts: 1246
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:46 am 
 

Pittsburgh won the series over Philadelphia with 4-2.
:/

Heres to hoping Carolina fucks over the Devils tonight!! :beer:

And heres to hoping the Ducks fuck up everybody else, and kills Detroit. I know Detroit is gonna go pretty strong, I'm looking at the Ducks for this one. :beer:

Ducks and Hurricanes, eh? I think it would be good.

Top
 Profile  
marktheviktor
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:41 am
Posts: 6902
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:44 pm 
 

Mezentus wrote:
Pittsburgh won the series over Philadelphia with 4-2.
:/

Heres to hoping Carolina fucks over the Devils tonight!! :beer:

And heres to hoping the Ducks fuck up everybody else, and kills Detroit. I know Detroit is gonna go pretty strong, I'm looking at the Ducks for this one. :beer:

Ducks and Hurricanes, eh? I think it would be good.


Ahh, the NHL. Is that league still around? Blame the NHLPA.

Top
 Profile  
Mezentus
Blood on my hands

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:23 pm
Posts: 1246
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:03 pm 
 

marktheviktor wrote:
Mezentus wrote:
Pittsburgh won the series over Philadelphia with 4-2.
:/

Heres to hoping Carolina fucks over the Devils tonight!! :beer:

And heres to hoping the Ducks fuck up everybody else, and kills Detroit. I know Detroit is gonna go pretty strong, I'm looking at the Ducks for this one. :beer:

Ducks and Hurricanes, eh? I think it would be good.


Ahh, the NHL. Is that league still around? Blame the NHLPA.


Hah! Indeed. Turned to pussies, they have. But hey, at least it isn't gay like a sport such as basketball or soccer. :roll:

Top
 Profile  
marktheviktor
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:41 am
Posts: 6902
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:07 pm 
 

I don't think the players or the sport is pussified as I view hockey as a good blood sport. I just think the exposure of the league has gone waay down. They used to be the "fourth major" of American sports but now they are not a major with even less of a major network tv deal to be had. I hate the NBA now,btw. Fucking hip-hop league. Bird, Magic and Jordan; where hath thou gone?

Top
 Profile  
MEGANICK89
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:15 pm
Posts: 94
Location: Cleveland, OH
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:54 pm 
 

marktheviktor wrote:
I hate the NBA now,btw. Fucking hip-hop league. Bird, Magic and Jordan; where hath thou gone?


Come on man, the NBA is loaded with a bunch of talent and it is not a hip-hop league by any means. Plus, there are a great amount of stars like Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, Dwight Howard, Yao Ming, Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant, and many many more.

Top
 Profile  
OlioTheSmall
Handsome (marsupial) Beast

Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:08 pm
Posts: 2585
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:33 am 
 

Neil Robertson is in the semi-finals for the World Snooker Championships, a feat that has not been achieved by an Australian since Eddie Charlton, in 1982. I'm happy for Robertson's success and hope he does well. To make the finals, he has to defeat Shaun Murphy who is currently ranked 3rd and the match is 4-4 after the first session. I'll be keeping an eye on this match.
_________________
Magic happens.
So does cot death.


-Tim Minchin

Top
 Profile  
Perplexed_Sjel
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:33 pm
Posts: 2182
Location: Afghanistan
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:57 am 
 

Its so close I can taste it. I will be packing tonight and travelling up to Liverpool tomorrow morning to party-on-down for the night, then going to the game against Newcastle at Anfield. :) I'm so excited I could shit myself.

I predict we'll win 3-0, providing we get the early goal. Newcastle don't seem to expect much from this game, so hopefully they won't put up the same defensive show as they did against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Gerrard is back and will cause endless problems.

Top
 Profile  
fiercetroll
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:44 am
Posts: 460
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:20 pm 
 

marktheviktor are you by any chance following the Chicago Boston series?

OlioTheSmall wrote:
Neil Robertson is in the semi-finals for the World Snooker Championships, a feat that has not been achieved by an Australian since Eddie Charlton, in 1982. I'm happy for Robertson's success and hope he does well. To make the finals, he has to defeat Shaun Murphy who is currently ranked 3rd and the match is 4-4 after the first session. I'll be keeping an eye on this match.

Too bad its 9-5 right now
_________________
MegaHassan wrote:
Heavy Metal is a dull and boring genre; Normal heavy metal is boring as fuck;Icons of Evil is one of the best death metal albums ever, period.

Top
 Profile  
Snowgrave
Under The Plaintive Sky

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:31 pm
Posts: 2641
Location: U.S.
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:54 pm 
 

fiercetroll wrote:
marktheviktor are you by any chance following the Chicago Boston series?

I am! I live in Boston, so people absolutely fucking hate the Bulls here at this point. The Celtics better win Game 7, or babies will die.
_________________
In pale light I wander on

Top
 Profile  
darkzoiltod
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:02 am
Posts: 58
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:30 pm 
 

marktheviktor wrote:
Mezentus wrote:
Pittsburgh won the series over Philadelphia with 4-2.
:/

Heres to hoping Carolina fucks over the Devils tonight!! :beer:

And heres to hoping the Ducks fuck up everybody else, and kills Detroit. I know Detroit is gonna go pretty strong, I'm looking at the Ducks for this one. :beer:

Ducks and Hurricanes, eh? I think it would be good.


Ahh, the NHL. Is that league still around? Blame the NHLPA.



Yes it is ,funny you make this comment when We do have a NHL thread.By the way it is buttmas fault that the leauge is down to the ground.If he did not expaned the leauge to areas that are not hockey markets will would not have this problem.
_________________
Luren pronger is the number one most hated women in edmonton.

Top
 Profile  
BardInTheForest
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:59 pm
Posts: 967
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:53 pm 
 

Snowgrave wrote:
fiercetroll wrote:
marktheviktor are you by any chance following the Chicago Boston series?

I am! I live in Boston, so people absolutely fucking hate the Bulls here at this point. The Celtics better win Game 7, or babies will die.


Go Rondo! Fuck Joakim Noah!

Top
 Profile  
marktheviktor
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:41 am
Posts: 6902
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:26 pm 
 

fiercetroll wrote:
marktheviktor are you by any chance following the Chicago Boston series?


As good as a series as that might be, I think you may not have been around or old enough to remember the days when Boston and Chicago played that '86 series where Michael scored like 63(BEFORE he hit his prime) points against the Celtics or the Bird-Magic rivalry. Yes, I realize that there a couple great basketball players like Lebron and Kobe now but they are nowhere near the competors that their predecessor superstars like Bird, Magic, MJ and Julius Erving were. There would not be the style of play there is today without those guys nor the big marketing deals that Jordan inspired not to mention the style of play he inspired on the court.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 87  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andersbang, narsilianshard and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group