* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:07 pm 

StainedClass95 wrote:
severzhavnost wrote:
Y'all ready for the Cowboys and Patriots in the Super Bowl?

I'd love to see my team in the Super Bowl, but what makes you sure this will be the match-up?

I called the Ravens-49ers matchup two years ago, which seemed like a pretty hairball pick at the time. After missing last year with Andy "Playoffs?" Dalton's Bengals, I figure I'm due to be right again :) Dallas has won many impressive games this year: beat Seattle, whooped Indy somethin' fierce, and put up 41 on Chicago's defence. They haven't given me that ready-to-crap-out-any-day-now feeling of past years. And New England, well it was them of Pittsburgh since the Steelers have been on a roll lately. But often, streaks like that end at some point. Patriots have more questions to answer seeing as the offence pissed itself the last two weeks, but the defence has been top notch for over a month now.
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:12 am 

Man putting up 40 points on Chicago this year was about as impressive as brushing your teeth every day, but Dallas had a very surprising year and I also think they're gonna make a deep run. I mean, best case scenario is that Detroit kills them only to be killed the next week, but not everything can go my way :p. And I'm a little shaky on Pittsburgh, the Bell injury could be huge. Big Ben has had a good enough year to make up for it, and Antonio Brown has been extraordinary, but Bell was a big part of that offense and if he can't play on Saturday then I may just have to put my money on Baltimore. Really though, I don't see anybody in the AFC beating New England, and since the Giants aren't in the playoffs this year they might actually win another championship.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:54 am 

:lol: yeah, I guess Chicago weren't quite the same this year. I still think their defence was better than the stats indicate; they just got tired from the offence never being able to stay on the field. Well we agree Dallas otherwise proved themseles a serious contender. Baltimore doesn't have that "team of destiny" mojo goig for them like their 2013 championship. Without that, they can't overcome just not being very good. Who replaced Anquan Boldin?

ObservationSlave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:38 pm 

I don't think anyone replaced the physicality of Boldin, but I have always wondered why Jacoby Jones hasn't been a bigger part of their offense. He has pretty much gotten 400 or 500 yards receiving for each of the past 6 seasons, with the past season being particularly bad, but he has the height, speed, and athleticism to be a 1000 yard receiver. I don't watch the Ravens a whole lot, but it seems like they only use him on go routes, whereas I think he could do some damage in the mid-range passing game over the middle of the field. Not to mention, he should be a much bigger threat in the red zone, but somehow he has averaged only 1 touchdown a year on the Ravens. There really aren't many guys who are 6 '3, 215 pounds, and have his speed. I just don't get why he isn't more effective. I would be very excited if the Pats pursued him, because I think that they could actually utilize him much better than he is currently being utilized, and he could be the deep threat that they have lacked since Moss left.

MetalThrashingMatt
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:40 pm 

I'm really pulling for my Broncos. We have a tall order if we have to play the Pats in NE, but I think if anyone can do it we can. My money's on a Broncos - Seahawks SB rematch with the Broncos pulling off a close win.

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:09 pm 

Jacoby Jones is a lot like Devin Hester. He's excellent on returns, but he's really just not a very good receiver.

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:09 pm 

Briefly lifting my forum retirement to say I'm now caught in a whirlwind of sorrow after watching my Lions barely drop the Wild Card game. It is Caldwell's first year as coach and all, but still. So close, yet so far away. :cry: :(

Obligatory Last FM Link

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:24 pm 

MetalThrashingMatt wrote:
I'm really pulling for my Broncos. We have a tall order if we have to play the Pats in NE, but I think if anyone can do it we can. My money's on a Broncos - Seahawks SB rematch with the Broncos pulling off a close win.

Now that the Steelers are out, this is my ideal outcome. I really, REALLY want to see the Seahawks lose to the Broncos.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:58 pm 

Denis Godla! Rarely can you see a goalie allow five goals and call it a good game, but what he did tonight for Slovakia against Canada really might be the greatest goaltending I've ever seen. Even the Canadian home crowd, after the win, were all as one chanting his name rather than "Let's Go Canada" etc. Some dumb bastard in the press box gave player of the game to somebody else, but whatever. If Godla's not been drafted/signed in the NHL that will change ASAP

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:03 am 

Godla was pretty fucking awesome during the third period, it was lame that they picked someone else to be player of the game for Slovakia. The crowd chanted "goalie! goalie!" haha! He probably wasn't drafted last year because he's only 5'10 but he will obviously be drafted this year with this performance.

I can't wait for tomorrow against Russia, shit will be great.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:21 pm 

What is the past tense of "bullshit"? Is it bullshat? Because that's what just happened to the Cowboys! Bryant was running with that ball in his hands/pinned to the body for five jeezus yards, then fell in the end zone. That right there should have ended the play, as the winnig touchdown. But apparently, some jackass in the review booth thinks the ground can relieve you of possession...

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:25 pm 

The Broncos' failure is delicious.

StainedClass95
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:17 am 

severzhavnost wrote:
What is the past tense of "bullshit"? Is it bullshat? Because that's what just happened to the Cowboys! Bryant was running with that ball in his hands/pinned to the body for five jeezus yards, then fell in the end zone. That right there should have ended the play, as the winnig touchdown. But apparently, some jackass in the review booth thinks the ground can relieve you of possession...

I didn't really get that call either. Hitting the ground jarred the ball loose, but that's not an incompletion. With the Cowboys out, I think I'll pull for the Seahawks. They've won less than the Packers or Patriots, and I'm not a Luck fan.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:10 am 

For that game, yeah I'm hoping for the Seahawks since they legitimately won their way to the championship. Still hoping the Patriots come through to get half my Super Bowl picks right!

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:21 pm 

Ronaldo won!!!

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:41 pm 

Unity wrote:
Ronaldo won!!!

Eww. I would've loved to have seen Neuer get it because let's face it, the dude is an all round player. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOqLOTN75x8

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:54 pm 

shouvince wrote:
Unity wrote:
Ronaldo won!!!

Eww. I would've loved to have seen Neuer get it because let's face it, the dude is an all round player. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOqLOTN75x8

For fuck's sake dude: Champions League, European Supercup, Spanish Supercup, FIFA Club World Cup, top goalscorer, need I go on?

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:03 pm 

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/kicking-and- ... s-coquelin

This is a hilarious article about Arsenal's huge win at the Etihad stadium last weekend. Man, if only Arsenal played like this more often, even Chelsea would be hard pressed to take us on.

Expedience
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:05 pm 

Christ, what's going on at the Asian Cup? Japan and Iran knocked out by UAE and Iraq. That was unexpected. This is the first time I've genuinely taken an interest in the tournament and it's been pretty damn entertaining to watch, and less predictable than the WC or Euros.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:16 pm 

Expedience wrote:
Christ, what's going on at the Asian Cup? Japan and Iran knocked out by UAE and Iraq. That was unexpected. This is the first time I've genuinely taken an interest in the tournament and it's been pretty damn entertaining to watch, and less predictable than the WC or Euros.

I've been following this, too, and yeah, it's been upsetting for some countries. Australia is into the final four, so that will be interesting for us.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:25 pm 

What the FUCK was that play call?! Marshawn Lynch, ON THE ONE, and you pass it?!

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:44 pm 

Not a bad play call*, but a great play by Butler

*Unless you have a RB like Marshawn Lynch

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:55 pm 

I'm pretty stoked that New England won, because I was shamelessly pulling for them.

...but Seattle gave that one away. They had that game won, everyone knows it. Sure, They had been having issues running up the middle all game which might explain Carrols line of thinking, but still, with two time outs, the ball on the one, you gotta figure even if they don't punch it in the first time you still got two chances. Plus, if you don't trust a run up the middle, you can call an end-around or a fade, pretty much anything but whatever that last play was.

And that last pass reception was pretty insane. Reminded me exactly of how the Pats lost their 2007 super bowl game with a similarly fluky reception by New York (Cruz? his name was I think) I really thought that was the ballgame right there.

hots_towel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:58 pm 

that was pretty bad. im not a fan of either team but i kinda wanted to see the seahawks lock it in after that amazing catch. without a doubt a great game to watch though

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:36 am 

I was already soul crushed after watching that morbid Nationwide dead kid ad only to be again shocked at that end to the game. Most bizarre Super Bowl night for me ever!

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:17 pm 

marktheviktor wrote:
Not a bad play call*, but a great play by Butler

*Unless you have a RB like Marshawn Lynch

I dunno, I think people are making too much of a big deal out of this just because of hindsight. 99 times out of 100 that would've been either a reception or an incomplete, in which case it would've just been given to Lynch anyway. Yeah the play call looks bad now, but really that was an amazing interception by Butler and he deserves most of the credit for the win, rather than the Seahawks' play call.

ThePoop
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:46 pm 

failsafeman wrote:
I dunno, I think people are making too much of a big deal out of this just because of hindsight. 99 times out of 100 that would've been either a reception or an incomplete, in which case it would've just been given to Lynch anyway. Yeah the play call looks bad now, but really that was an amazing interception by Butler and he deserves most of the credit for the win, rather than the Seahawks' play call.

Agree 100%

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:06 pm 

So... Andrew Hammond. Greatest third-string goalie of all time?

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:12 pm 

McCoy to the Bills is the happiest piece of sports news I've heard in years.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:34 pm 

Some sillyass in Toronto Minor Hockey has gone and banned bodychecking up to age 14. In the interest of player safety :rolleyes: How safe will these bubble wrap kids be, when they receive their first bodycheck at age 15/16, from a full-grown 20 year old in major junior?

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:33 pm 

Senators 2, Hurricanes 1. Andrew Hammond has now allowed two goals or less in all 12 games to start his NHL career. This ties a record set by Hall of Famer Frank Brimsek in 1939!

I'm gonna go ahead and name this streak of Hamburglary as the greatest goatlending performance in three generations :beer:

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:40 pm 

Yeah, the Hamburglar is great! He's getting free McDonalds for life now lol. I think you guys have a happy problem goaltendingwise, I think you should trade Lehner (since his value is high and he's young) for some offensive help and keep Anderson as a backup.

The Toronto Maple Leafs are now officially out of the playoffs. HA!

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:49 pm 

Sounds like a good plan! Lord knows a power play led by David "Peg" Legwand could use a little help. Although, the last time Ottawa had 3 outstanding goalies, we traded Ben Bishop who greatly improved Tampa rather than getting much in return.

About the Leafs, hey, I forgive them. By now they are just another Canadian team whom I would like to see in the playoffs (bonus if they're getting eliminated by the Sens!)

ratedgdr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:55 pm 

All I care is if Anaheim wins. Or Detroit doesn't.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:12 pm 

Sens... goddamnit. If Andrew Hammond was healthy enough to dress as a backup, he was healthy enough to play vs the Panthers. Not that Anderson has been terrible since coming back (he has), but for me, goaltending is very much a "what hae you done for me lately" business. Why take out a goalie who, gimpiness* against New York aside, has been once-in-a-lifetime brilliant?

*Hammond clearly wasn't ready to play after being hit by the Sharks' Logan Couture. It would've been an awfully challenging first start for Chris Driedger, but still the better choice.

ratedgdr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:51 am 

Saturday is going to be awesome with the NCAA Men's Final Four. My Wisconsin Badgers are going to have the opportunity of a lifetime when they try to shut the door on the undefeated Kentucky Wildcats.

Too bad I don't have a satellite because it's on TBS.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:17 pm 

Since when is TBS a satellite channel?

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:25 pm 

Hey severzhavnost, your Sens' playoffs hopes are getting quite thin now, you guys can still make it! Fuck, hopefully someone else will beat Tampa Bay since Montreal are unable to do it.

ratedgdr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:33 pm 

severzhavnost wrote:
Since when is TBS a satellite channel?

It has been in the USA for quite a long time now.

femadaka
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:12 pm 

Who do you think will win the champions league now?

------------------------------
Visit clash of kings cheats and see how you can add a free amount for this game.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 136  Next