* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
metroplex
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:36 pm 

Expedience wrote:
metroplex wrote:
Pep's city dominated Mou's United at Old Trafford. Guardiola's style of play works everywhere and it's so entertaining to watch whether they win or lose.

Everywhere? Yeah right, that must be why he always goes to clubs who can afford any player they like. Let's see him go to Espanyol or fucking Stoke and win titles there.

Well doh, just as Messi or Ronaldo wouldn't go to those team either. Anywhere as in any league, as long as he gets the players he wants because let's be real not all players can pull it off.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:12 am 

Guess who's co-leading the Bundesliga goalscorer list with Robert Lewandowski after two games? With Teemu Pukki's short stint at Schalke two years ago we thought Finnish people just suck, but Joel Pohanpalo's got four goals in two games for Leverkusen so far.

(Pukki himself seems to be doing well at Brøndby these days.)

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:26 pm 

Good lord, Jack Del Rio has balls of steel. Down by 1 with 0:45 left on the clock, he actually decided to go for the 2-point conversion and the win rather than take the extra point and possible overtime!

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:27 pm 

Let us not speak of this.

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:37 pm 

Saints fan? As a Raiders fan, I'm considering that some of the offseason hype may have actually been justified, and that's exciting as fuck.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:38 pm 

Ha, yeah. And I actually love the Raiders, have always been one of my favorite teams (except when they play my boys). I've been saying for the past two years that the Raiders were gonna blow up at any moment. Either way that was a great game.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:14 pm 

Unless you have geographic, family or other reasons to like a certain team, metalheads should like the Raiders.
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

Turd Blaster
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:36 pm 

severzhavnost wrote:
Unless you have geographic, family or other reasons to like a certain team, metalheads should like the Raiders.

As a general fan of football, I'd like to see the Raiders do better this year, maybe knock the Broncos off the top of the AFC West. As a Chargers fan foremost though, they can suck it.

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:27 pm 

holy shit the steelers look really, really good and bell ain't even back yet.

EDIT: and wow, my ass plays better football than the rams jfc this is genuinely fucking embarrassing

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:59 am 

Well the Steelers were playing the Skins. Hard to say how they'd do against a stronger team - Bryant and Bell were out, but then there were a couple of UGLY mistakes that a better team could've capitalized on, and some close calls that went the Steelers' way. Also, Deangelo Williams was fucking amazing (hard to believe he's the oldest RB in the league at 33) but the Skins have horrible rushing D. It's really next week's game against the Bengals that will show what the Steelers are made of this season.

Either way, Jesse James was looking quite promising as Heath Miller's replacement.

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:00 pm 

Yeah, both those dudes looked good. And I know Washington are crap, but still. Those Brown touchdowns were super impressive. Should be a good year. Don't expect them to put up 38 every week, but with plays like those they got a good shot this year.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:08 pm 

DUDE, the time decided to go for it on a 4th & 1 and EVERYONE thought they were going to hand it off to Williams, only for Big Ben to throw a TD to Brown - that shit was amazing. Brown looked every bit the receiver he's cracked up to be in that game.

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:39 pm 

I actually started Blaine Gabbert in one of my Draftkings lineups last night and won 80$. If the Niners' offensive philosophy in the third quarter didn't turn into "run, run, pass, punt" I would probably have walked away with a grand or more.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:25 pm 

Holy crap!! A pro sports team from Ottawa actually won something :D The presumptuously named Champions won the deciding game 5 vs. the Rockland Boulders (lol) to take the Canadian-American Association of Professional Baseball title last night :thumbsup:

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:29 am 

Good god, the Raiders defense is somehow worse than I've ever seen it! The offense looks lethal, but you just can't win every game 35-34.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:32 am 

Kansas City looked like a bunch of chumps today.

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:44 am 

Steelers didn't play too hot today, neither. Well, offensively. Defensively they looked pretty good, but they were also helped by the Bengals struggling hard to do anything. Bengals had six straight goal line plays and ended up taking a field goal.

Also holy shit the Rams weren't total butt city today.

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:28 am 

First gridiron game watched today: packers v vikings today and didn't understand a thing. I figure this must be how it's like watching AFL or rugby for the first time. Got the basic gist but everything else seemed utterly bizarre.

As always though, solidarity with the americans for not being a soccer nation. The lamest sport out there, easy.

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:46 am 

theposega wrote:
Steelers didn't play too hot today, neither. Well, offensively. Defensively they looked pretty good, but they were also helped by the Bengals struggling hard to do anything. Bengals had six straight goal line plays and ended up taking a field goal.

Keep in mind the rain, dude. That totally fucked up the passing game for both teams, and pretty much all the scoring the Steelers did was in the middle of the game, when the rain let up. What it really came down to was the Bengals having practically no running game (thanks to the Steelers D shutting it all down), while DeAngelo Williams had another amazing game. That dude is just unstoppable.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:15 pm 

Any of y'all watching the World Cup of Hockey? Some cool stuff happening already. The North American young stars team - the biggest unknown of the tournament - opened up a can o' whoopass on Finland last night. And Alex Ovechkin git bullcrapped out of a last-second tying goal vs. Sweden. He reached out to catch the puck, flubbed it, and it rolled into the net. Was rules that he directed it in with his hand. Nonsense. See:

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:57 pm 

failsafeman wrote:
Keep in mind the rain, dude.

Yeah, true. But even still. There was that pass that nailed Brown right in the chest that he didn't catch, and I wanna say a few other things that I've already forgotten (which shows you how important they are). I guess I'm just trying to look for things to complain about to keep myself from going full yinzer "STAIRWAY TO SEVEN BABY IT'S OUR YEAR THE STANDARD IS THE STANDARD" which will probably happen should they win next week. God I hate myself already.

And yeah, Williams has been unreal these past two games. Hope he can keep it up.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:11 am 

Part of me was dissapointed that the Rams left St.Louis(I personally havent care for them in well over a decade), but scoring nine points in two games is laughable.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:24 pm 

Man, losing to Red Bull Leipzig must have seriously pissed off Dortmund, they're taking apart everything in their path since then. 6-0 against Warsaw in the Champions League, 6-0 against Darmstadt in the Bundesliga, and in today's Bundesliga match against Wolfsburg they currently lead 4-1. So far they scored 16 goals in the space of a week, conceding one.

Ancient_Mariner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:40 pm 

aaronmb666 wrote:
Part of me was dissapointed that the Rams left St.Louis(I personally havent care for them in well over a decade), but scoring nine points in two games is laughable.

The horrid state of Rams football over most of the past decade was killing my interest to a degree but the NFL is dead to me after how that all went down. But then again I think I've watched a handful of NFL games in the past 3 years or so anyway.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:25 am 

aaronmb666 wrote:

Well I mean...not only did they win the second game, they kept the Seahawks to a mere 3 points. That's pretty fuckin impressive.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:31 pm 

Bergeron-Crosby-Marchand line for Team Canada... :drool:

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:55 pm 

AFL grand final today. Let's go Sydney Swans! I don't care that the Western Bulldogs haven't been in a grand final for 55 years - let's beat them! :P

EDIT 9 HOURS LATER: Fuck. :(

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:52 pm 

Suck it mikey!

First grand final I've been invested in since.. well, last years, and before that 2006. What a fairytale ending, all of it- fantastic game of footy, sydney not winning, and the beveridge/murphy moment was just pure class and something that'll be talked about in 20 years. Felt the bulldogs were somewhat lucky though, mostly due to the fact that basically all their goals came from vaguely freakish in-the-pocket snaps. Anyway, an undeniable classic, a great end to a fantastic season and yet more proof that AFL is the best "kick the ball around" sport in the world.

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

PorcupineOfDoom
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:08 am 

I didn't watch the final live but I've seen the highlights reel (been doing this for most of the season since the sport was brought up in this thread a while back and I thought I'd look further into it). Like the semis and the prelims it looks like it was a great match from a neutral perspective, but I was kinda rooting for the Dogs (sorry Mikey :p) because their journey was so incredible. Aussie Rules is definitely a cool sport and I'm starting to understand it a bit better, but I think I'd probably enjoy it more if I had a team to support - as a Scot with no connections to Australia there's not much to sway me one way or another. Part of the reason I enjoy rugby so much is because I can get behind Glasgow Warriors in the Pro12 and Scotland when it comes to international matches.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:51 am 

Early rumours say Griezmann is a serious contender for Ballon d'Or this time around, depending on Atletico's success.

Atletico currently lead the Primiera Division and beat Bayern (again) in the Champions League.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:12 pm 

PorcupineOfDoom wrote:
Like the semis and the prelims it looks like it was a great match from a neutral perspective, but I was kinda rooting for the Dogs (sorry Mikey :p) because their journey was so incredible.

Even as a Swans supporter, the Bulldogs' journey was pretty miraculous, playing four games they were expected to lose and winning them all. Plus first premiership in 62 years, and first premiership for anyone finishing 7th - yeah, it's special. Still wish it happened next year, though. :P

PorcupineOfDoom wrote:
Aussie Rules is definitely a cool sport and I'm starting to understand it a bit better, but I think I'd probably enjoy it more if I had a team to support

There's 18 teams to choose from, haha. I guess it's hard when you have no affiliation with any of the cities or places, especially Melbourne, so maybe continue watching as a neutral. I'm glad someone from the other side of the world enjoys the sport!

EDIT: And the NRL was decided last night, too. Awesome game between Melbourne and Cronulla! I thought Melbourne were going to pull it out of a hat right at the death but it wasn't to be. Cronulla's first premiership ever, 50 years after their inception. I guess it was a year for underdogs in both codes. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:57 am 

Ohhhh, Raiders! Are the dark days finally over?

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:35 pm 

I hope! I've always kinda liked the Raiders. Some of the best jerseys across all sports imo. Would be nice to see them be good again.

Steelers looked ridiculously good last night. I almost felt bad for the Chiefs. That game was over before the first quarter even ended. Just a thorough domination. Good stuff.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:30 pm 

Yeah, talk about whiplash from last week. I turned it off near the end because we were getting blown out. This week I turned it off because we were blowing them out. Steelers always run hot and cold though, they've never been a perfect record team.

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:55 am 

Yeah I missed all last week via a 12-hour power outage. I was able to check the score periodically on my phone and goddamn if the outage didn't happen on the perfect day. I just hope they don't do that shit this week where they don't seem to practice as much before the shit teams and we end up losing to Fitz"magic" and the Jets.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:46 pm 

So the Giants vs Mets tonight... you have inning after inning after inning where nothing happens. Then finally, just when the thing looks like its gonna be one of those six hour 30 inning torture fests, the Giants get a three run homer in the top of the ninth.

Now, as a life long Giants fan, I'm pretty stoked about this. This was one of those games that was frustrating to watch, except it was every bit a pitchers duel as advertised, with Bumgarner lasting all 9 innings, which by the way isn't that uncommon for Bumgarner.

They get the Cubs next. But even if the Giants lose in the next round of the playoffs and don't go any further, I wont feel too bad because, you kinda got to want to see the Cubs get in for once.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:07 am 

Giants are winning it all. Nobody is picking them, but just for the sake of consistency they're going to win. 2010, 2012, and 2014, it only makes sense. Plus, them winning instead of the Mets ruins the perfect storybook run for Chicago so now all of our mojo is jacked up and we won't win. We were gonna go Mets (for revenge from last year) > Nats (For the Dusty Baker factor and getting past the 03 collapse) > Sox (for the Theo factor, the storybook triumph of the first team he brought up from nearly a century of awfulness falling to the new team he did the same to). But now that's all ruined and San Fran is going to win like they do every other year. Calling it.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:04 pm 

World Cup qualifiers, but after that I'm gonna have an eye on England while following the Bundesliga. Another chance for Klopp to eliminate a competitor while Man City will likely do the elimination of Everton, giving Liverpool a better grip on their Champions League rank with the possibility to go higher. He looks set to beat Özil as best German in the league this season. (Mourinho did his part to make it a competition between just those two.)

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:47 pm 

NFL guys, I have a fantasy question I need help with. In one league, Wilson is on a bye but my backup (Mariota) has been a bum all year. I'm considering picking up somebody just for the week, either Paxton Lynch or Derek Anderson (both Siemian and Newton are confirmed to not start tomorrow). Lynch is almost entirely unproven and Anderson is also a bum who has great games once in a while, both of them have great weapons to throw two and all three are up against shit defenses. HALP.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:24 pm 

:lol: another epic last-second flub by the San Diego Chokers

On the bright side, Oakland starts 4-1 for the first time since they were AFC champions in 2002.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 136  Next