Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:14 pm 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
Yes was good to see punter get a 50, however now on day four, and it looks like Australia could win this first test either today or tomorrow. The Indians are down six wickets for less than a hundred runs in their second innings :nods:

Australia did well in the end. Chasing at the MCG is never easy. Still, it looks like the Indians will be competitive, which is all I really want. Bring on the second test!

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:32 am 

Terri23 wrote:
CrushedRevelation wrote:
Yes was good to see punter get a 50, however now on day four, and it looks like Australia could win this first test either today or tomorrow. The Indians are down six wickets for less than a hundred runs in their second innings :nods:

Australia did well in the end. Chasing at the MCG is never easy. Still, it looks like the Indians will be competitive, which is all I really want. Bring on the second test!

Yep, looking forward to it, especially when the competition are as fiery as the Indians can be. Will be a good test series hopefully.

My collection

doomlover
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:21 am 

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-l ... nry-return

:-D

This is like the metal version of "I can't cook, I even fuck up Mac & Cheese"

Slag
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:46 am 

I really don't think Henry will end up with a single goal. He might be prolific in the MLS, but the EPL will cut him down to size.

doomlover
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:08 pm 

A nice little win over QPR, RVP gets his 35th of the caladar year.

Man Utd lose.
Spurs draw.
Chelsea lose.

Very happy Gooner here :)

Perplexed_Sjel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:51 pm 

doomlover wrote:

Man Utd lose.
Spurs draw.
Chelsea lose.

Conflicted. I have no problem giving credit where it's due and it most certainly is in relation to RVP. He's been out-of-this-world! However, I'd have preferred a Arsenal draw or loss. :(

Can't win them all, though. As a Liverpool fan, I'm very happy with this weekends results. That was the worst I've seen United for a long, long time. They were probably worse today than against City. They were so sloppy. I had feared that another United comeback would be on the cards once they got the first but full credit to Blackburn. A wonderful result for them. A friend of mine is a Rovers fan and called it a belated Christmas miracle. :) Feed the Yak, and he will score!

Slag
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:40 pm 

Personal errors and set pieces cost Liverpool dearly vs Man City. It could have easily swung the other way and maybe it should have. Liverpool had double the passes and looked very competent. The Downing vs Richards battle had more to it I feel (but he switched sides unfortunately for Bellamy), Dzeko had trouble against the center-halves, Spearing left too much room in behind, and Carroll was ineffective often soldiered by Kompany at the back post (but that was only when Liverpool could manage to put in a decent cross, which wasn't often).

Shutdown
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:07 pm 

Slag wrote:
I really don't think Henry will end up with a single goal. He might be prolific in the MLS, but the EPL will cut him down to size.

It wouldn't surprise me if he gets a goal or two. It will be good to see him back in the Premier League.

Perplexed_Sjel wrote:
That was the worst I've seen United for a long, long time. They were probably worse today than against City. They were so sloppy. I had feared that another United comeback would be on the cards once they got the first but full credit to Blackburn.

It was really poor, but totally expected. Park and Rafael, a young right back who has been injured all season, in central midfield? Carrick, and the fifth choice centre back Phil Jones in central defence? No Rooney? If I was a betting man I would have put money on United dropping points.

doomlover wrote:

Man Utd lose.
Spurs draw.
Chelsea lose.

And now Arsenal lose.

Shutdown
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:59 pm 

Now that was the worst I've seen United play in a long, long time. Having said that, Newcastle were absolutely fantastic today. Completely dominated that game.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:45 pm 

Australia are really in control of the second test match here in Sydney, with Clarke scoring over 300, and Mike Hussey on over 100 runs. Their first innings total is well over 600 runs! India really need Sehwag and Tendulkar to fire if they have any chance of salvaging this test...

My collection

KC_Slaanesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:45 pm 

Ok playoff time for the NFL. If I had to bet money on who's gonna be in the Super Bowl, it would be New England vs. New Orleans, I think the Saints have a better defense than Green Bay, and New England just seems to win when they have to, despite the awful defensive stats. I would like the Lions to do well, but they gotta go to New Orleans right off the bat, so losing that 5th seed turned out to be kind of a big deal. Still, they're gonna be in a dome, so they should do as good as they can since they're also a dome team. Giving up 6 TD's to Matt Flynn makes me apprehensive about what Drew Brees will do to their secondary, and the Saints already lit them up earlier this season. Should be a good weekend of football besides the first game, which is meaningless since the winner of Houston/Cincinnati will definitely lose next weekend. Any other predictions?

New account, be my friend on the internet! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013520745780

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:52 pm 

As a Bears fan, I'd love to see Nawlins take Green Bay, and I think they're probably the only team in the NFC who can (though out of everybody in the playoffs, I'd like San Fran to win it all the most). I had a vision earlier in the season that Baltimore would shock the world and beat New England for the AFC Championship, so if that happens y'all owe me a buck or something.

Though the two teams I want to win are defensive teams, I'll admit that defense doesn't mean a whole lot this year with New England and Green Bay being so successful.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:55 pm 

I kind of feel for Bears fans. That team has been put through the wringer this season what with those injuries to Cutler, Forte and then Brian Urlacher. A very good team that has had to endure a plague of bad luck.

Denver is going to get reemed Sunday. I heard they're getting Brady Quinn ready in case Tebow implodes again. Which isn't good because Quinn is fucking terrible in his own right.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:53 pm 

Knox getting hurt killed us too, he was our only consistent receiver (apart from Forte, because we love short screen passes so much). Our three best offensive players went out right when our momentum was at its peak. It couldn't have happened at a worse time. My first thought after watching Urlacher go down in the last game was that his career was done, but apparently none of the ligaments in his knee actually tore, so hopefully he should be fully recovered by next season. He's past his prime and will probably get a bit worse each season, but he's been the face of the team for the last decade or so and from what I understand he doesn't want to play anywhere other than Chicago. So I'll gladly hold on to him until his old, crippled ass needs a walker to get out on to the field, he's done a lot for this team.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:00 pm 

marktheviktor wrote:
Denver is going to get reemed Sunday. I heard they're getting Brady Quinn ready in case Tebow implodes again. Which isn't good because Quinn is fucking terrible in his own right.

The sooner the whole Tebow phenomenon is over, the better.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:05 pm 

failsafeman wrote:
marktheviktor wrote:

The sooner the whole Tebow phenomenon is over, the better.

I couldn't agree more, and I'm glad to see that his star is fading. I knew defenses were going to shut him down eventually, but it actually happened faster than I thought. ESPN seems to have gotten off of his jock finally, so I've been able to watch more sports TV and be less pissed off the whole time. The sad thing is that I like Denver, just Tebowmania was/is absurd.

Burnyoursins
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:52 pm 

matras wrote:
Happy that Finland beat the US in the Hockey JWC, and thus showed that they are better than you would think after the game against Canada.

The US didn't put on a very good show this year. I mean, that first period against the Canadians was absolutely atrocious. Still, I'll give the Finns credit, where credit is due. They did give Sweden a hell of a time in their Semi-Final. I absolutely cannot believe Canada managed to lose, though. They were on the verge of the most fantastic comeback ever in that game against Russia. I'm so glad Sweden managed to hand them the loss and take the gold. And Canada still managed to hold themselves up, instead of being all dejected, and shut out the Finns in the bronze medal game. But if they don't take gold next year, I'll be very disappointed.

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
SleightOfVickonomy wrote:
...no one still knows what it's supposed to be about.

Well, I reckon there's a pretty good chance it'll be about gory tits.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:52 pm 

The NHL realignement was refused by the NHLPA, I'm quite happy of this decision, it wasn't all good imo.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=610343

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:07 pm 

MONDAY: LSU V BAMA

TIGEERRRRRRSSSSSSS

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Burnyoursins
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:51 am 

Metantoine wrote:
The NHL realignement was refused by the NHLPA, I'm quite happy of this decision, it wasn't all good imo.

Awesome, that was a terrible idea from the get-go.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:32 pm 

Burnyoursins wrote:
Metantoine wrote:

Awesome, that was a terrible idea from the get-go.

I was at a Sanctuary show when I got the news. Best day ever.

doomlover
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:04 pm 

Considering Tampa keep fucking up our NE road trips this makes me quite happy.

Anyone else smelling another lockout because of this?

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:00 am 

Rumours of Darren Bent signing for Liverpool won't go away. He did have a falling out with his manager 3 weeks ago, which appears to be a big push in his desire to move on. I'd be happy with him at Liverpool, he can't be any more goal shy than Carroll anyway.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

doomlover
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:25 am 

Terri23 wrote:
Rumours of Darren Bent signing for Liverpool won't go away. He did have a falling out with his manager 3 weeks ago, which appears to be a big push in his desire to move on. I'd be happy with him at Liverpool, he can't be any more goal shy than Carroll anyway.

He didnt really get it dont for Spurs though, and then theres the problem of yet another ego in the dressing room.

Plus he'll be alot more expensive then a Euro/S. American striker just simply becuase its Bent and Villa will want to cut losses me thinks.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:25 am 

marktheviktor wrote:
Denver is going to get reemed Sunday.

Today I eat crow for my above statement. Injuries are a big part of the game, so that can't be used as an excuse for the Steelers and they looked old too. Their linebacking corps must get younger next season. The hats go off to Tim Tebow-again. Simply amazing.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:14 pm 

As much as I hate the Tebow Talk, I really can't deny that he finally played like a good quarterback (for the last three quarters at least). I'm still frustrated with how he flukes his way to success over and over again but he IS improving and that's what he needs to do in order for me to get off his case. The injuries had me worried with Pittsuburgh, so I'm not too shocked Denver won. Now against New England? NE has a weak D but an overpowering offense. And while Denver's running game is indeed better than NE's defense, NE's offense is so fucking good that I think Denver's defense (the true hero of the team, in my eyes) won't be enough to stop them.

And I'm kicking myself for picking against New York. My gut said "Atlanta always chokes and NY always goes ham in the playoffs", but my brain said "The Giants got in on the last week and Atlanta has one of the most talented offenses in the league. Umeniyora, Pierre-Paul, and Tuck are great and will give Ryan problems, but Ryan, Turner, Jones, Gonzalez, White... that offense is too good". I went with my brain instead of my gut and look like a fool for it.

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:32 pm 

doomlover wrote:
Terri23 wrote:

He didnt really get it dont for Spurs though, and then theres the problem of yet another ego in the dressing room.

Plus he'll be alot more expensive then a Euro/S. American striker just simply because its Bent and Villa will want to cut losses me thinks.

The lad still had a return of one goal every three games, which is still better than anything Liverpool this season. The clubs defence is great, as good as anyone else in the division. But the attack has been woeful. I don't like to admit it, but Gerrard's return will make or break the clubs season, especially with Suarez's suspension. It seems once again we have to turn to that one player.

Riffs wrote:

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:52 am 

Brady to Gronkowski is becoming too automatic.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:57 am 

marktheviktor wrote:

I agree, but shit it's working. People need to figure out how to shut those mofos down.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:03 am 

BastardHead wrote:
marktheviktor wrote:

I agree, but shit it's working. People need to figure out how to shut those mofos down.

Mike Martz should take notes on how to utilize a tight end.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:07 am 

Believe me we did fine with Greg Olsen, I'm still bitter about us dealing him away.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:24 am 

Have you ever wondered what it would be like if Zenon Konopka's sister sang the Canadian national anthem? I hope you haven't.
http://video.senators.nhl.com/videocent ... 1&catid=-6

Burnyoursins
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:30 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Have you ever wondered what it would be like if Zenon Konopka's sister sang the Canadian national anthem? I hope you haven't.
http://video.senators.nhl.com/videocent ... 1&catid=-6

Oh my fuck, man.

Painkiller1349
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:43 pm 

What are some of your guys' superbowl predictions? Mine is Ravens vs 49ers.

Behemoth brings the snuggle.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:46 am 

Painkiller1349 wrote:

A Harbaugh Bowl. I would like to see those two teams in it but I'm predicting a New England vs SF Super Bowl.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:03 am 

marktheviktor wrote:
Painkiller1349 wrote:

A Harbaugh Bowl. I would like to see those two teams in it but I'm predicting a New England vs SF Super Bowl.

Yeah a Harbaugh Bowl would be my preference, but I'm just not sure how either of those teams are going to play. SF had been the underdog in every game all year and yet they consistently pulled out winning performances, but New York just goes ham in the postseason every year they get there, so you never know what they'll pull out. And again, they're the favored team, SF just can't get any credit/respect. New England is all offense while Baltimore is all defense plus Ray Rice and Flacco + good receivers. So you'd think they could take it with little issue but NE is so good that I don't think they'll be able to do it. They're such a dominant offense that it'll be extremely hard to shut them down. But then again, the other beastly teams with overpowered offenses and lacking defenses both got upset last week (Green Bay and New Orleans), so you never know.

Painkiller1349
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:43 am 

BastardHead wrote:
Yeah a Harbaugh Bowl would be my preference, but I'm just not sure how either of those teams are going to play. SF had been the underdog in every game all year and yet they consistently pulled out winning performances, but New York just goes ham in the postseason every year they get there, so you never know what they'll pull out. And again, they're the favored team, SF just can't get any credit/respect. New England is all offense while Baltimore is all defense plus Ray Rice and Flacco + good receivers. So you'd think they could take it with little issue but NE is so good that I don't think they'll be able to do it. They're such a dominant offense that it'll be extremely hard to shut them down. But then again, the other beastly teams with overpowered offenses and lacking defenses both got upset last week (Green Bay and New Orleans), so you never know.

Basically the Ravens need to get A LOT of pressure on Brady with their front four. They can't afford to be bringing extra blitzers because the Pats have too many damn offensive weapons. If they have to blitz more than four, somebody will be open and of course Brady will find him in a split second. Also, they really need to jam the hell out of Welker on the line to disrupt these 5-6 yard fast-release timing routes that New England picks teams apart with.

On the other hand, the Patriots don't really have the defensive formula to stop Ray Rice, so they'll try to counter that by putting up points quickly and forcing the Ravens to throw the ball. If the Ravens defense doesn't give up quick points, it's likely they will be able to control the pace of the game by successfully running Ray Rice against a suspect New England defense. Eventually, the patriots will be forced to bring an 8th man in the box to try to slow him down, which will effectively open up some passing lanes for Flacco. Against the Patriots 31st ranked pass defense I wouldn't be surprised if Flacco has a breakout game.

So yeah, I'm really looking forward to both games tomorrow. And if you couldn't tell, I'm a ravens fan :lol:

Behemoth brings the snuggle.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:58 am 

Painkiller1349 wrote:
BastardHead wrote:

Basically the Ravens need to get A LOT of pressure on Brady with their front four.

This. That's the only chance Baltimore has with Suggs in particular to bring the pressure. Although easier said than done as it's extremely difficult to use man coverage against pass catching tight ends as formidable as Grodkowski and Aaron Hernandez and having the secondary drop back into a zone. Yeah, jamming the line of scrimmage will be tougher than usual too since Brady always seems to have an eternity in the pocket.

brmln
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:23 pm 

Flacco is looking awesome, considering he has one of the worst offensive lines in the league. It's nice to see him "bouncing back", if you can even call it that. He didn't carve up the Texans' defense, but he made minimal mistakes and did what he needed to do to win the game. He's been unfairly criticized in my opinion.

Snowgrave
Under The Plaintive Sky

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:36 pm 

PATS!!!!!!

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 136  Next