Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
buttercup
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:18 pm
Posts: 99
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:07 am 
 

NexusofThecrisis wrote:
NocturnalHolocaust wrote:
I like how the OP hasn't made a reply yet. Anyways, Dir en Grey are quite annoying.


I don't get on the forums alot actually. Judging by the song "Dozing Green" I heard, I thought people on here would like them. I guess not lol. Oh well. Its not like I base what music I like on what is accepted here. I'll listen to Dir en grey all I want.


Good! I hate people on here that just submit to what the elitist pricks on this site say. I've personally never listened to the band, but if you like it, more power to you.
_________________
TiredOfBeingAlive wrote:
I killed a cat once too. I was 5 and I had just learned that old saying, "cats always land on their feet" and I threw it up in the air and it landed on it's neck.

Top
 Profile  
UpInSmoke
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:29 am
Posts: 13
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:26 pm 
 

Dir En Grey... blows. They have some of the most annoying vocals I have ever heard. Emo Japanese kids, that's all we need. Emo spreading to different parts of the world.

Top
 Profile  
diethylamide
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:17 pm
Posts: 30
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:26 pm 
 

You guys saying they suck ass are retarded. Very. You listen to one song and you automatically assume every song is exactly the same, therefore you have no reason to listen to any of their other songs.

Because, obviously, every song a band makes is exactly alike.

Each album from them is different. Gauze, Macabre, and Kisou (not really) are the only visual kei albums they have made. Vulgar was the first non-VK album, followed by Withering to Death, Marrow of a Bone and now Uroboros.

And wtf, you guys need to do your research. They haven't been in the visual-kei scene since 2003.

If you don't like them, then whatever. Just stop bitching about how crappy they are and listen to your 'real/brootal' metal.

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 19052
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:28 pm 
 

diethylamide wrote:
You guys saying they suck ass are retarded. Very. You listen to one song and you automatically assume every song is exactly the same, therefore you have no reason to listen to any of their other songs.

Because, obviously, every song a band makes is exactly alike.

Each album from them is different. Gauze, Macabre, and Kisou (not really) are the only visual kei albums they have made. Vulgar was the first non-VK album, followed by Withering to Death, Marrow of a Bone and now Uroboros.

And wtf, you guys need to do your research. They haven't been in the visual-kei scene since 2003.

If you don't like them, then whatever. Just stop bitching about how crappy they are and listen to your 'real/brootal' metal.

If we don't like one song by a band, why would we feel inclined to listen to the others? True, they might be better, but chances are that most of the time, if you don't like one song, you probably will not like the rest tremendously more. Now please take your hideously arrogant and butthurt tone and go listen to more of this shit.
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: Fright Night 1985

Top
 Profile  
diethylamide
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:17 pm
Posts: 30
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:39 pm 
 

Empyreal wrote:
diethylamide wrote:
You guys saying they suck ass are retarded. Very. You listen to one song and you automatically assume every song is exactly the same, therefore you have no reason to listen to any of their other songs.

Because, obviously, every song a band makes is exactly alike.

Each album from them is different. Gauze, Macabre, and Kisou (not really) are the only visual kei albums they have made. Vulgar was the first non-VK album, followed by Withering to Death, Marrow of a Bone and now Uroboros.

And wtf, you guys need to do your research. They haven't been in the visual-kei scene since 2003.

If you don't like them, then whatever. Just stop bitching about how crappy they are and listen to your 'real/brootal' metal.

If we don't like one song by a band, why would we feel inclined to listen to the others? True, they might be better, but chances are that most of the time, if you don't like one song, you probably will not like the rest tremendously more. Now please take your hideously arrogant and butthurt tone and go listen to more of this shit.


Ouch. I better get some ice for those burns. I wasn't aware the Internet had a tone.

If a band perpetually creates music in different genres each album, how would you know if you didn't like at least one song? It seems like you're just biased. You can't base your entire opinion of a band on only one song/PV. Well you could, but that would make you an elitist prick, and that's bad.

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 19052
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:42 pm 
 

If you weren't aware that writing could have a tone, then you don't know much about the English language.

I never said I had only listened to one song, however; I was just playing devil's advocate. I had a girlfriend and a couple other buddies a few years ago who liked Dir en Grey and showed me a few songs; they all sucked terribly. And I don't see why you can't base your opinion of a band off one song. It won't be a professional opinion that you can write a review off of, but it's an opinion, goddammit.
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: Fright Night 1985

Top
 Profile  
diethylamide
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:17 pm
Posts: 30
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:52 pm 
 

When I read comments on the Internet I tend to interpret without expression. Thank Youtube for that.

Anyway, Dir en grey a few years ago =/= Dir en grey now. That is what people don't understand. And I wasn't addressing you only.

Top
 Profile  
hells_unicorn
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:32 pm
Posts: 2242
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:58 pm 
 

nr655321 wrote:
It's quite baffling to see how some of you guys follow keep on repeating the same old stereotypes about this band. If there's one thing that ought to be kept in mind about DEG, is that they do not belong to any musical style in particular. Throughout their career they have tried so many musical styles and approaches that it is simply unfair to say they're, say, a mallcore band or something. To illustrate what i am talking about i'd suggest to check the following songs:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COgdR91yO3Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXA967RBM6s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ8ERDE6SYk

I am not saying you have to dig it but, for fuck's sake, give them some credit.


I checked out all 3 of those videos, having never heard this group before, and I envy myself 15 minutes ago. Utterly unlistenable, in every sense. What should I give this band credit for? Looking like a nightmare out of a lesbian hentai movie?
_________________
My projects:
Frost Giant
Ominous Glory

My reviews.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 14, 1942 - May 16, 2010)

Top
 Profile  
diethylamide
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:17 pm
Posts: 30
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:02 pm 
 

hells_unicorn wrote:
nr655321 wrote:
It's quite baffling to see how some of you guys follow keep on repeating the same old stereotypes about this band. If there's one thing that ought to be kept in mind about DEG, is that they do not belong to any musical style in particular. Throughout their career they have tried so many musical styles and approaches that it is simply unfair to say they're, say, a mallcore band or something. To illustrate what i am talking about i'd suggest to check the following songs:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COgdR91yO3Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXA967RBM6s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ8ERDE6SYk

I am not saying you have to dig it but, for fuck's sake, give them some credit.


I checked out all 3 of those videos, having never heard this group before, and I envy myself 15 minutes ago. Utterly unlistenable, in every sense. What should I give this band credit for? Looking like a nightmare out of a lesbian hentai movie?


The last two songs are a bad example of what they sound like now. They are from 1997 and 1999.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IBkhEeuils

^ That is a song off their new album, which is much better than the crap they made ten years ago. You don't have to like them, just stop basing your opinions on music ten years old.

Top
 Profile  
The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:34 am
Posts: 7741
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:28 pm 
 

Dude, that song is terrible. It sounds like Korn.
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Fortunately the seminar started and when it finished, I runed away like if Usain Bolt were about to rape me.

Top
 Profile  
diethylamide
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:17 pm
Posts: 30
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:04 am 
 

They sound nothing like Korn. Korn is terrible, well at least now anyway.

Top
 Profile  
Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:50 am
Posts: 4806
Location: Venestraya
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:12 am 
 

diethylamide wrote:
^ That is a song off their new album, which is much better than the crap they made ten years ago. You don't have to like them, just stop basing your opinions on music ten years old.


That's ludicrous, Morbid Angel sucks because Altars of Madness is an old album?

Top
 Profile  
Axel_Sikth
Metalhead

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 9:30 am
Posts: 910
Location: Hong Kong
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:30 am 
 

Bezerko wrote:
diethylamide wrote:
^ That is a song off their new album, which is much better than the crap they made ten years ago. You don't have to like them, just stop basing your opinions on music ten years old.


That's ludicrous, Morbid Angel sucks because Altars of Madness is an old album?


That's not quite what he was getting at. I think he's trying to say you shouldn't judge a band's present state on albums released years ago.

Top
 Profile  
Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:50 am
Posts: 4806
Location: Venestraya
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:32 am 
 

I suppose so, but it's not worded all that pleasantly. It's worded as if don't judge the band (never said current state) on their older material, just their recent stuff, which is of course silly.

Top
 Profile  
Axel_Sikth
Metalhead

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 9:30 am
Posts: 910
Location: Hong Kong
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:32 am 
 

Forrizzledog wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G4gkDc5Dqo

I was talking about stuff such as that.


If you're talking about their imagery, then I can draw some connection. But in regards to the music, still, nope, no good.

Top
 Profile  
Axel_Sikth
Metalhead

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 9:30 am
Posts: 910
Location: Hong Kong
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:35 am 
 

Bezerko wrote:
I suppose so, but it's not worded all that pleasantly. It's worded as if don't judge the band (never said current state) on their older material, just their recent stuff, which is of course silly.


Agreed.

Top
 Profile  
The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:34 am
Posts: 7741
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:46 am 
 

diethylamide wrote:
They sound nothing like Korn. Korn is terrible, well at least now anyway.


Maybe I'm just not a devoted enough listener to know one form of mallcore from another, but it sounds rather Korn-ish to me.

Whatever it is, it's shitty.
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Fortunately the seminar started and when it finished, I runed away like if Usain Bolt were about to rape me.

Top
 Profile  
Vipunen
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:32 pm
Posts: 156
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:34 am 
 

Even Korn wipes floor with this piece of excrement.

Top
 Profile  
TheUglySoldier
Metalhead

Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 3:44 am
Posts: 1677
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:00 am 
 

I can't really say I like any of the stuff I've heard from these guys, except for a song called "Ryoujoku No Aime" which I got off a compilation. And even that isn't really anything special. The older material is completely unlistenable, though. So they have improved.
_________________
Blacksmith - Heavy Metal/Hard Rock from Sydney

Absolute Power: heavy metal and pop culture news, analysis and commentary

Top
 Profile  
diethylamide
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:17 pm
Posts: 30
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:31 am 
 

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
diethylamide wrote:
They sound nothing like Korn. Korn is terrible, well at least now anyway.


Maybe I'm just not a devoted enough listener to know one form of mallcore from another, but it sounds rather Korn-ish to me.

Whatever it is, it's shitty.


They aren't mallcore.


Axel_Sikth wrote:
Bezerko wrote:
That's ludicrous, Morbid Angel sucks because Altars of Madness is an old album?


That's not quite what he was getting at. I think he's trying to say you shouldn't judge a band's present state on albums released years ago.


See, you understand me. And I'm a girl.


TheUglySoldier wrote:
I can't really say I like any of the stuff I've heard from these guys, except for a song called "Ryoujoku No Ame" which I got off a compilation. And even that isn't really anything special. The older material is completely unlistenable, though. So they have improved.


Yes they have, especially since they don't make songs like Yokan anymore. They've grown as a band and have their own sound without making each song the same.

Top
 Profile  
The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:34 am
Posts: 7741
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:32 pm 
 

Even if they aren't mallcore, they're terrible. Both old and new.
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Fortunately the seminar started and when it finished, I runed away like if Usain Bolt were about to rape me.

Top
 Profile  
diethylamide
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:17 pm
Posts: 30
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:39 pm 
 

That's your opinion so I guess I'll accept it.

It's funny though, how practically everyone on here hates them and calls them "one of the worst bands ever," but it's the same shit you all listen to.

Top
 Profile  
DrOctavia
Do Dark Horses Dream of Nightmares?

Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 9:02 pm
Posts: 1344
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:45 pm 
 

Funny how you say you accept his opinion and with the next sentence throw another inanity over your shoulder.
_________________
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 10th, 1942- May 16th, 2010)

In the heat and the rain, with the whips and chains
To see him fly, so many die
We built a tower of stone, with our flesh and bone
Just to see him fly, but we don't know why
Now where do we go?

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 19052
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:46 pm 
 

diethylamide wrote:
That's your opinion so I guess I'll accept it.

It's funny though, how practically everyone on here hates them and calls them "one of the worst bands ever," but it's the same shit you all listen to.

What evidence do you have to support this?
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: Fright Night 1985

Top
 Profile  
diethylamide
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:17 pm
Posts: 30
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:05 pm 
 

DrOctavia wrote:
Funny how you say you accept his opinion and with the next sentence throw another inanity over your shoulder.


Why? Did it offend you? I was only making an observation.

Empyreal wrote:
diethylamide wrote:
That's your opinion so I guess I'll accept it.

It's funny though, how practically everyone on here hates them and calls them "one of the worst bands ever," but it's the same shit you all listen to.

What evidence do you have to support this?


What I meant by "on here" was posting on this topic. Music is music, no matter what language it is in or how bad you think it is.

Off Topic: TNG is better.

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 19052
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:08 pm 
 

Saying that it's no different than what we like simply because it's music is blatantly false.
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: Fright Night 1985

Top
 Profile  
DrOctavia
Do Dark Horses Dream of Nightmares?

Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 9:02 pm
Posts: 1344
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:10 pm 
 

People can't criticize music if they listen to music. Touché.
_________________
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 10th, 1942- May 16th, 2010)

In the heat and the rain, with the whips and chains
To see him fly, so many die
We built a tower of stone, with our flesh and bone
Just to see him fly, but we don't know why
Now where do we go?

Top
 Profile  
RidiculeSwarm
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:55 pm
Posts: 76
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:30 pm 
 

Dir en Gay...


diethylamide wrote:
That's your opinion so I guess I'll accept it.

It's funny though, how practically everyone on here hates them and calls them "one of the worst bands ever," but it's the same shit you all listen to.



What "shit" is that? Most music I enjoy sounds nothing like this band.

Top
 Profile  
diethylamide
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:17 pm
Posts: 30
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:34 pm 
 

Well, none of you has given any reason at all as to why they are such a terrible band. Plus, I'm bad at explaining myself, as you've probably noticed.

DrOctavia wrote:
People can't criticize music if they listen to music. Touché.


Aren't I the one who's supposed to say "touché?"

Top
 Profile  
DrOctavia
Do Dark Horses Dream of Nightmares?

Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 9:02 pm
Posts: 1344
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:36 pm 
 

No, since I was paraphrasing your post.
_________________
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 10th, 1942- May 16th, 2010)

In the heat and the rain, with the whips and chains
To see him fly, so many die
We built a tower of stone, with our flesh and bone
Just to see him fly, but we don't know why
Now where do we go?

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 19052
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:36 pm 
 

They're a terrible band because their sound is unappealing and annoying, as is their image - I detest the entirety of this silly Japanese metrosexual gothic vampire zombie whatsit, and I don't think I need to learn any more about it. Of course people will not share this opinion, nobody ever said that was wrong or whatever.
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: Fright Night 1985

Top
 Profile  
diethylamide
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:17 pm
Posts: 30
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:37 pm 
 

Oh. I read that as sarcasm.

Top
 Profile  
diethylamide
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:17 pm
Posts: 30
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:39 pm 
 

Empyreal wrote:
They're a terrible band because their sound is unappealing and annoying, as is their image - I detest the entirety of this silly Japanese metrosexual gothic vampire zombie whatsit, and I don't think I need to learn any more about it. Of course people will not share this opinion, nobody ever said that was wrong or whatever.


You do know they wear casual clothes, right? They have for about five years now. For Christ's sake, Kyo (the vocalist) has been wearing Adidas tracksuits this whole tour. They don't wear makeup either.

Damn you double posts.

Top
 Profile  
DrOctavia
Do Dark Horses Dream of Nightmares?

Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 9:02 pm
Posts: 1344
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:41 pm 
 

The last bit was, yes.

I think you need to accept that people don't always like the same things as you. If I flew off the handle every time someone says Iced Earth or Nevermore sucks, I'd be (rightfully) banned.
_________________
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 10th, 1942- May 16th, 2010)

In the heat and the rain, with the whips and chains
To see him fly, so many die
We built a tower of stone, with our flesh and bone
Just to see him fly, but we don't know why
Now where do we go?

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 19052
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:41 pm 
 

DrOctavia wrote:
The last bit was, yes.

I think you need to accept that people don't always like the same things as you. If I flew off the handle every time someone says Iced Earth or Nevermore sucks, I'd be (rightfully) banned.

I'm glad I haven't gotten you banned yet then, man.
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: Fright Night 1985

Top
 Profile  
diethylamide
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:17 pm
Posts: 30
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:44 pm 
 

DrOctavia wrote:
The last bit was, yes.

I think you need to accept that people don't always like the same things as you. If I flew off the handle every time someone says Iced Earth or Nevermore sucks, I'd be (rightfully) banned.


I knew it.

And I do accept the fact that everyone has a different opinion. I just hate when people base their opinions on shit arguments. I do sound butthurt, don't I? Oh well.

Plus, Nevermore is awesome. I don't know how anyone couldn't like them.

Top
 Profile  
DrOctavia
Do Dark Horses Dream of Nightmares?

Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 9:02 pm
Posts: 1344
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:45 pm 
 

Empyreal wrote:
I'm glad I haven't gotten you banned yet then, man.

:lol: Thanks.
_________________
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 10th, 1942- May 16th, 2010)

In the heat and the rain, with the whips and chains
To see him fly, so many die
We built a tower of stone, with our flesh and bone
Just to see him fly, but we don't know why
Now where do we go?

Top
 Profile  
Sunkist
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:17 pm
Posts: 226
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:08 am 
 

This band is pretty lame. I gave their songs a try and they all sucked.

Top
 Profile  
diethylamide
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:17 pm
Posts: 30
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:28 pm 
 

I can think of worse bands.

Top
 Profile  
Unholy_Asar
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:29 am
Posts: 574
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:45 pm 
 

diethylamide wrote:
I can think of worse bands.


Yeah. Me to.

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=123162

Not many though... Unless you look at mainstream pop music.
_________________
Nazhand wrote:
True Black Metal is NOT kind of Metal, that is a complete independent music so Nazhand believes "the name of music which is called Black Metal nowadays, should be changed to Blackness music and shameful name of Metal should be cut out from our music".

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CorpseFister, darkeningday, Ina_Dingir_Xul, inhumanist, TheStormIRide, Thiestru and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group