Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Dechripastocide
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:16 am
Posts: 193
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:29 pm 
 

BardInTheForest wrote:
As for healthcare, I don't believe in socialized medicine in any way, shape or form.

Besides the fact that it would be unconstitutional, what makes you think that it will not happen eventually? The way I see it, private and public health care can co-exist with a very minor to no conflict at all. Please pardon me for drifting off topic.

Top
 Profile  
Leify
A Whisper of Death

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:54 am
Posts: 744
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:36 pm 
 

rexxz wrote:
Agathocles wrote:
How is Palin and the Bush family descended from European royalty?


It's not very uncommon. I am too, if I wanted to be technical about it.


I believe I read that Obama is distantly related to the Bush family as well.

Royal ancestry isn't that uncommon, given that effective contraception didn't exist and people are people; family trees tend to branch exponentially more over time anyway. I could trace my family tree back to King Charlemagne and a couple other royalty.
_________________
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel. The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel.
Stab! Bawl! Punch! Crawl!

Top
 Profile  
BardInTheForest
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:59 pm
Posts: 967
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:58 pm 
 

Dechripastocide wrote:
BardInTheForest wrote:
As for healthcare, I don't believe in socialized medicine in any way, shape or form.

Besides the fact that it would be unconstitutional, what makes you think that it will not happen eventually? The way I see it, private and public health care can co-exist with a very minor to no conflict at all. Please pardon me for drifting off topic.


I think it probably will happen, though I don't know exactly why it would be unconstitutional. I don't think it's the kind of thing any of the founding fathers would have wanted but I don't think it is unconstitutional.
As for conflict, I won't really disagree. I just think there are more effective and efficient ways to deal with the problem while not expanding the scope of the federal government. I can't imagine why anyone in this would actually trust the federal government to permanently handle their healthcare after the last 8 years and the direction that social security is headed.

Top
 Profile  
Dechripastocide
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:16 am
Posts: 193
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:27 pm 
 

BardInTheForest wrote:
I think it probably will happen, though I don't know exactly why it would be unconstitutional. I don't think it's the kind of thing any of the founding fathers would have wanted but I don't think it is unconstitutional.
As for conflict, I won't really disagree. I just think there are more effective and efficient ways to deal with the problem while not expanding the scope of the federal government. I can't imagine why anyone in this would actually trust the federal government to permanently handle their healthcare after the last 8 years and the direction that social security is headed.

What is there to mess up? Just remove the monetary woes from treatment, and doctors will be able to give the complete scope of uhh... treatment.
As for the unconstitutional part, I probably listened to Bob Barr a little too closely.

Top
 Profile  
Ritual_Suicide
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:39 am
Posts: 379
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:35 pm 
 

LindisfarneAnno793 wrote:
Bezerko wrote:
Power to the people, yay, BUT THE PEOPLE ARE RETARDED.


Well this is Australia, haha.


So it is universal!

Top
 Profile  
Dechripastocide
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:16 am
Posts: 193
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:50 pm 
 

I've heard of several violent confrontations that involve tearing Obama signs down in my local counties. It is also getting really out of hand with the racial slurs and crusaders for each party.
I don't really want to be caught in the crossfire between the rednecks and minorities on election day. And I really hope no one brings a weapon to the polling places.

Top
 Profile  
spyderman_05
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:17 pm
Posts: 12
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:13 pm 
 

Dechripastocide wrote:
I don't really want to be caught in the crossfire between the rednecks and minorities on election day. And I really hope no one brings a weapon to the polling places.


Ditto. I live in the middle of bum-fuck nowhere and mentioning Obama is like heresy or something. People are talking about how "scared" they are that he'll be president, like he's out to get them because he's black and gaining power. Would hate to see what happens when that kind of racism collides with fired up minorities...

Top
 Profile  
GrimSleaper
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:56 am
Posts: 109
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:36 pm 
 

I saw a comedian on TV that had an interesting outlook. Keep a small picture of obama in your wallet or pocket so that when you are in a situation where black people become racist or by you calling them stupid and they automaticaly assume you are being racist as there natural defence mechanism you can reveal your picture of obama and say i voted for your president bitch.
_________________
I have filled books with fantasies of torturing you; a library of pain.

Top
 Profile  
Dechripastocide
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:16 am
Posts: 193
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:16 pm 
 

GrimSleaper wrote:
I saw a comedian on TV that had an interesting outlook. Keep a small picture of obama in your wallet or pocket so that when you are in a situation where black people become racist or by you calling them stupid and they automaticaly assume you are being racist as there natural defence mechanism you can reveal your picture of obama and say i voted for your president bitch.

Which comedian said this? It's hilarious. :boo:

Top
 Profile  
GrimSleaper
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:56 am
Posts: 109
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:29 pm 
 

Just remembered it was Carlos Mencia
_________________
I have filled books with fantasies of torturing you; a library of pain.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Von Jugel and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group