Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
antoniusmetal
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:11 pm 

The topic satanism is locked, but I believe it is indeed a very interesting subject, and should be developed further.
I, for my part, am an atheist, and I know there are different kinds of satanists.
Comments on this?

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:35 pm 

The topic was locked for a good reason, and I don't think creating a new topic just to continue the discussion from where we left off is a good idea. Besides, your setup is quite broad, and would need some refinement to turn into a flowering thread, at least a Symposium-worthy one.

Moonchilddomain
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:32 pm 

satan is just a false entity created by christianity. its there little imaginary friend to blame everything on!!!! all religion is bull shit!!!!!!!

Willow2012
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:39 am 

im new to this but i saw the topic and had to look. im an atheist as well but ive done some research into satanism, and there are some really interesting aspects. definitely though, without the idea of satan,the christian church would be out of business. something interesting though is that, in all accounts of it ive come across, satanism is a religion of the flesh, and encourages any kind of pleasure you enjoy, AS LONG as is doesnt harm anyone else. this is where metal bands burning churches do not make sense. there are fanatics in every religion

Osmium
The Hateful Raven

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:06 am 

@antoniusmetal: You've put no effort whatsoever into the opening post. If you have a particular argument to make or critique to present about Satanism, do it. So far you've stated that you're an atheist (whoop-tee-doo; so's half the board) and that there are different types of Satanism. What the hell are we supposed to comment on?

@Willow2012: Read the rules for The Symposium. Your post is very poorly formatted.

Kruel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:17 am 

This thread is actually pretty old, and was resurrected by Moonchilddomain today.

@Willow2012: There are different forms of Satanisms. The black metal bands that burned churches were probably not following the version of Satanism which said people shouldn't harm others.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.