Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Required Fields
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 4:28 pm 

Since the Eastern Conference's second round starts today, I will now post my predictions. I will post the Western Conference predictions tomorrow, since that is still being decided.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

New York Rangers (1st in Metropolitan Division) vs. Carolina Hurricanes (2nd in Metropolitan Division)
The New York Rangers finished with the best record in the NHL during the regular season, and they became the first team to advance to the second round after sweeping the Washington Capitals in the opening round of the playoffs. They face the Carolina Hurricanes, who defeated the New York Islanders in the opening round for the second consecutive season. In the regular season, the Rangers won two of their three regular season meetings against the Hurricanes. The two teams last met in the playoffs in 2022, when the Rangers defeated the Hurricanes in the second round in a hard fought seven game series.
Prediction: New York in seven games.

Florida Panthers (1st in Atlantic Division) vs. Boston Bruins (2nd in Atlantic Division)
In 2022-23, the Boston Bruins finished the regular season with 65 wins and 135 points, both NHL records. However, they lost in the opening round of the playoffs to the Florida Panthers in what is considered to be one of the biggest upsets in sports history, with some even calling it the biggest upset in NHL history. This year, the two teams meet again in the second round of the playoffs. The Panthers eliminated the Tampa Bay Lightning in five games in the opening round, while the Bruins eliminated the Toronto Maple Leafs in seven. The Panthers have home ice advantage this time around, as opposed to not having it last year. However, the Bruins won all four regular season games against the Panthers.
Prediction: Florida in six games.

pyratebastard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 8:34 am 

Well, I got an F (50%) on that first round, hah. Three of my second round predictions remain the same, but I've had to adjust for Vegas's loss against Dallas.

Avalanche over Stars.
Canucks over Oilers.
Bruins over Panthers.
Rangers over Hurricanes.

It's probably a good thing I don't ever bet on sports. I'm still thinking that the Finals will be Canucks over Bruins, though.

Purveyor of absolute bastardry.

Only_Perception wrote:
I guess most people here are just standard copy pastes more concerned with defending the honor of celebrities than thinking about music.

kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 12:47 pm 

Once again, I would like to keep things short and simple.

Florida Panthers versus Boston Bruins: Florida Panthers in five games
New York Rangers versus Carolina Hurricanes: New York Rangers in six games

Dallas Stars versus Colorado Avalanche: Colorado Avalanche in seven games
Vancouver Canucks versus Edmonton Oilers: Edmonton Oilers in seven games

''Room 819'': http://kluseba.eklablog.com/room-819-a-short-story-a213183053

Required Fields
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 7:03 pm 

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Dallas Stars (1st in Central Division) vs. Colorado Avalanche (3rd in Central Division)
The Dallas Stars became the last team to advance to the second round of the playoffs after defeating the defending Stanley Cup Champions, the Vegas Golden Knights, in a hard fought seven game opening round series. They face the Colorado Avalanche, who defeated the Winnipeg Jets in five games. This marks the sixth time that the Stars and Avalanche have met in the playoffs to date. Dallas have won three of the five previous meetings, including the most recent one in 2020. In the regular season, Colorado won three of the four regular season meetings against Dallas.
Prediction: Dallas in seven games.

Vancouver Canucks (1st in Pacific Division) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2nd in Pacific Division)
The Vancouver Canucks overcame an obstacle in their first round series against the Nashville Predators. They became only the third team in the history of the NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs to win a round by getting wins from three different goaltenders. Starting goalie Thatcher Demko won the first game of the series, but then was injured. For the next two games, they relied on backup goaltender Casey DeSmith. The Canucks lost the second game of the series, the first game with DeSmith in net, but won the next game. After that, DeSmith was injured, forcing the Canucks to use third string goaltender Arturs Silovs. Silovs won two of the next three games to help the Canucks win the series. In the second round, the Canucks face the Edmonton Oilers, who defeated the Los Angeles Kings in the opening round for the third year in a row. The Oilers are led by the offensive threats Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl. Vancouver won all four games against the Oilers in the regular season.
Prediction: Edmonton in six games.

Reply to topic