Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:33 am 

fiercetroll wrote:
American Psycho - I'm just going on a bit of a CB binge in anticipation of The Dark Knight, really really captivating performance by CB.

Easily my favourite CB role, probably my favourite movie of his.

immortalshadow666
Transilvanian sandwich, mould! MOULD!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:41 am 

Final Destination 2, and 3 (my housemates started the first one without me :()

I liked them both, the second one more so than the third. The death scenes were few and far between and utterly sick - the small quantity meant they were more shocking when they did come though. Quite thrilling I thought as well.

Death Proof - another one I liked. I even got through the ridiculously cheesy ending. That Kiwi bitch annoyed me though, but otherwise, DP kept me excited until the end.

REQUIEM
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:52 am 

fiercetroll wrote:
Really well thought out movie although I'm not sure how he could act so crippled and just change at his own free will.

it's called acting. whenever he was in presence of the police or other criminals, he was verbal kint. when he was in presence of his lawyer, he was KS.

auf der anderen seite 8/10. fatih akin does it again!

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:24 am 

aChapo wrote:
lord_ghengis wrote:
Also, the guys who made Aliens vs Hunter just make films that are basically low budget theft of other films, they also have a film called Transmorphers, and no points for guess what that's stolen from. There are some others, but I don't remember which.

HAHAHAHA

That Transmorphers one actually offends me while simultaneously intriguing me with what is sure to be guaranteed awfulness.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:25 am 

Resident_Hazard wrote:
Empyreal wrote:
Haha, will do.

Basic - 4.5/5

This was a well-placed kick in the ass. Basic is not the most original movie out there, but it is an incredibly addictive, punchy and entertaining crime thriller with a plethora of twists around each corner - even if you don't like twists, the great acting and hard-boiled core of the plot will keep you interested.

The only thing I can pinpoint as being really wrong with this is that the plot twists do get a bit silly toward about the halfway point, but they are surprisingly well held up, and the ending is both dark and witty. Impressive movie.

That movie was playing in the waiting room the day I was sworn into the Army. I didn't really seem much of it though.

It's best comparable to The Usual Suspects on crack, although it isn't quite as well written as that one was.

Also, Snakes on a Plane is awesome. That's all.

Masked_Jackal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:27 am 

Resident_Hazard wrote:
aChapo wrote:
lord_ghengis wrote:
Also, the guys who made Aliens vs Hunter just make films that are basically low budget theft of other films, they also have a film called Transmorphers, and no points for guess what that's stolen from. There are some others, but I don't remember which.

*Picture*

HAHAHAHA

That Transmorphers one actually offends me while simultaneously intriguing me with what is sure to be guaranteed awfulness.
That I Am Omega one looks pretty awesome.

Zombies!

lord_ghengis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:30 am 

immortalshadow666 wrote:

I liked them both, the second one more so than the third. The death scenes were few and far between and utterly sick - the small quantity meant they were more shocking when they did come though. Quite thrilling I thought as well.

Only seen number three, I had friends saying that the death scens were really brutal (he specifically told me not to start jerking it when the chicks got into the solarium) but I honestly found the blood effects to be far too over the top and blatently CG'd, just made them seem more silly.

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:37 am 

Masked_Jackal wrote:
Resident_Hazard wrote:
aChapo wrote:
lord_ghengis wrote:

*Picture*

HAHAHAHA

That I Am Omega one looks pretty awesome.

Zombies!

These kind of things piss me off so fucking badly. I just can't fathom how someone would want to be associated with such blatantly ripped-off trite. How could you finish making Transmorphers and actually be proud of yourself? It would take eons to wash away that stink of failure and reek of theft. It blows my mind. I never understood this mentality.

The video game industry is just as bad as Hollywood with this crap. It was a little annoying in the 80's when everyone ripped off Super Mario Bros, then pretty annoying in the 90's when everyone ripped off Doom, but now, everyone is just ripping off everyone and it's just dreadful. Every new cart racer makes me groan. Every new WWII-themed FPS makes my eyes roll. Every new obvious rip-off. There's this dreadfully reviewed Wii game called Billy the Wizard and the cover art is essentially Harry Potter through the eyes of a 14-year-old girl.

At the rate these movies are going, I can't wait to see "The Incredulous Halk" and "Steel Man" and "Kentucky Smith and the Empire of the Glass-Like Head Bones." This stuff is as fucking awful as those retched new parody movies like Superhero Movie and Meet the Spartans and that upcoming *shudder* Disaster Movie--which looks to be the only aptly named picture of the bunch. This is what happens when you pay your Hollywood writers with pot.

immortalshadow666
Transilvanian sandwich, mould! MOULD!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:42 am 

lord_ghengis wrote:
immortalshadow666 wrote:

Only seen number three, I had friends saying that the death scens were really brutal (he specifically told me not to start jerking it when the chicks got into the solarium) but I honestly found the blood effects to be far too over the top and blatently CG'd, just made them seem more silly.

Yeah, lucky I had people around or else I would have started jerking. That was utterly brutal (especially for me as I'm claustrophobic anyway). I liked the over-the-topness, but each to their own.

Masked_Jackal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:46 am 

I don't really care that people make stupid knock-offs of movies or videogames or anything but I wonder how it benefits them. Do they actually make a profit? I know they aren't really improving themselves in their field but maybe this was an easy way to finish out a contract or something. Who knows...

On the subject of those parody movies, I would love to see the writers (it's usually the same group of people who does them all) thrown into a burning cornfield but you have to keep in mind that the reason these movies keep coming back is cause people keep seeing them.

Blame the stupid 15 year-olds :nono:

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:58 am 

Masked_Jackal wrote:
I don't really care that people make stupid knock-offs of movies or videogames or anything but I wonder how it benefits them. Do they actually make a profit? I know they aren't really improving themselves in their field but maybe this was an easy way to finish out a contract or something. Who knows...

On the subject of those parody movies, I would love to see the writers (it's usually the same group of people who does them all) thrown into a burning cornfield but you have to keep in mind that the reason these movies keep coming back is cause people keep seeing them.

Blame the stupid 15 year-olds :nono:

It reminds me of the movie Ed Wood where there's the sleazy film producer who only makes crappy B-pictures.

The VHS/DVD market just made theses things monumentally worse. Now they don't have to worry about trying to get their trite to play in a theater. They can just print off a bunch of DVD's and ruin people's days in the comfort of their homes.

Ravenlord266
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:15 am 

I recently saw Silent Hill again and bought it on DVD.
In my opinion its one of the few video game films that's actually pretty good. it has the atmosphere, the beasties and a good story.

some things were horribly over the top though, but still. not a bad movie at all imo.

anyone else have some videogame movies that he/she actually thought were pretty decent or good?

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
Some cultures radiate "I peaked in high school" energy, metal culture radiates "I peaked when somebody else peaked in high school" energy.

REQUIEM
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:14 pm 

Resident_Hazard wrote:
They can just print off a bunch of DVD's and ruin people's days in the comfort of their homes.

if they (people watching movies in their homes) don't know how to find a good movie, fuck them.

aChapo
Token Jew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:28 pm 

ANationalAcrobat wrote:
Anyone seen the new Mongol film or whatever it's called, I'll refrain from calling it Mongloid.

I have, I saw it with my parents and our close family friends, one of which was a film critic in the Soviet Union.

We all thought it was horrible. There is no character, just that "Mongol" sitting in silence while his wife saves his ass over and over again. Furthermore, there is no action, the movie tells the story of Genghis up to the point where he starts an army. No real fighting...

0.5/5

EzraWeeden
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:42 pm 

Wanted - Too much of the modern action and junk like that. I hate the slow motion and the unrealistic tricks, even though I know it's based on a comic book. The first part of the movie seemed like a ripoff of American Psycho with the guys narration of his life and an ATM talking to him. Angelina Jolie's ass saved this movie somewhat. 5/10

Demonia - Pretty boring story and the climax didn't really make any sense. Has some good gore, but it's too little too late. A guy getting split in half basically because of his own son was pretty awesome. 4/10

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:22 pm 

EzraWeeden wrote:
Wanted - Too much of the modern action and junk like that. I hate the slow motion and the unrealistic tricks, even though I know it's based on a comic book. The first part of the movie seemed like a ripoff of American Psycho with the guys narration of his life and an ATM talking to him. Angelina Jolie's ass saved this movie somewhat. 5/10

Demonia - Pretty boring story and the climax didn't really make any sense. Has some good gore, but it's too little too late. A guy getting split in half basically because of his own son was pretty awesome. 4/10

You don't get to see Jolie's tits in Wanted?

What's the fucking point?

EzraWeeden
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:35 pm 

Resident_Hazard wrote:
EzraWeeden wrote:

You don't get to see Jolie's tits in Wanted?

What's the fucking point?

A worthy question, but the ass was nice. I would have enjoyed seeing some tits though. The movie wasn't that good, so I wouldn't go see it just to see her ass.

Masked_Jackal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:22 pm 

I find Angelina Jolie's hotness overrated. Also, she never shows her tits.

That bitch.

Ravenlord266
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:25 pm 

totally agreed, there are much hotter chicks in the acting buisiness (sp?)

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
Some cultures radiate "I peaked in high school" energy, metal culture radiates "I peaked when somebody else peaked in high school" energy.

HighPlainsDrifter
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:30 pm 

Masked_Jackal wrote:

That bitch.
Hold the phone. I'm pretty sure she showed them in a movie I saw a while back...Taking Lives I think. (?)

Masked_Jackal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:31 pm 

I know she showed them in Gia (which sucked), but I haven't seen them otherwise. I'm not much of an expert on her movies.

EzraWeeden
Metal newbie

Yeah of course there are better looking chicks than her in the acting business, but she is still fucking hot. And yes I'm pretty sure HighPlainsDrifter is right about her showing her tits in Taking Lives.

rexxz
Where's your band?

Of course she has been topless in a film before.

Masked_Jackal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:35 pm 

She still sucks :annoyed:

EzraWeeden
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:39 pm 

Masked_Jackal wrote:

I've honestly yet to see a movie she's been in that I've liked.

aChapo
Token Jew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:06 pm 

EzraWeeden wrote:
Masked_Jackal wrote:

That's because you were too busy jerking off of her moving picture.

lord_ghengis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:43 pm 

EzraWeeden wrote:
Masked_Jackal wrote:

Most of the really highly paid actresses don't make worthwhile movies, Hell, doesn't fucking Nicole Kidman get like $30 million a movie, She hasn't made a movie I'd give higher than 3/5 to.

Also, Jolie also made out with a chick in Gia too. If that makes you want to watch it more.

Quote:
The video game industry is just as bad as Hollywood with this crap. It was a little annoying in the 80's when everyone ripped off Super Mario Bros, then pretty annoying in the 90's when everyone ripped off Doom, but now, everyone is just ripping off everyone and it's just dreadful. Every new cart racer makes me groan. Every new WWII-themed FPS makes my eyes roll. Every new obvious rip-off. There's this dreadfully reviewed Wii game called Billy the Wizard and the cover art is essentially Harry Potter through the eyes of a 14-year-old girl.

Heres the winner of game plagiarism. Limbo Of the Lost

http://lotl.wikia.com/wiki/Limbo_of_the_Lost_Wiki

RavenLord wrote:
anyone else have some videogame movies that he/she actually thought were pretty decent or good?

There's really not much, the vast, vast majority are total rubbish, then again, the vast majority are directed by Uwe Boll, who is the worst director on the planet right now.

The first resident Evil is pretty good, the security systems are awesome, it's well enough acted and it all looks like a fairly good realistic zombie movie. However the sequel (I haven't seen 3 yet) is stupid, and becomes phenomenally retarded.

Honestly, I though Doom wasn't half bad, it was a good enough zombie/alien theft film. Admittedly I'm pissed off that they ignored the whole satanic themes that the games used, because A, zombie viruses have been done a million times, and B THAT'S WHAT THE FUCKING GAMES ARE ABOUT. But still, it's not a terrible film, the plot is just wrong.

Other than that, none a watchable.

Wra1th1s
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:08 pm 

The three rip-offs are made by one company whose mission is to make such movies: http://www.imdb.com/company/co0043571/
we sail across the sea!

REQUIEM
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:29 pm 

lord_ghengis wrote:
Hell, doesn't fucking Nicole Kidman get like $30 million a movie, She hasn't made a movie I'd give higher than 3/5 to.

directors make movies, actors just act.

btw, i'd give eyes wide shut 4/5 and dogville 5/5. the others 3/5.

Balth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:45 pm 

Resident_Hazard wrote:

Actually, I've heard that Transmorphers is the only half-decent one out of their rip-off's. It's the only one that hasn't been unanimously shat on by critics, and apparently the storyline differs significantly from Transformers.

Wra1th1s
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:48 pm 

lord_ghengis wrote:
Quote:

Heres the winner of game plagiarism. Limbo Of the Lost

http://lotl.wikia.com/wiki/Limbo_of_the_Lost_Wiki

WOW! FUCKING WOW! Bethesda's lawyers are going to have a field day.
we sail across the sea!

DrOctavia
Do Dark Horses Dream of Nightmares?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:52 pm 

Wra1th1s wrote:
The three rip-offs are made by one company whose mission is to make such movies: http://www.imdb.com/company/co0043571/

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Street Racer (2008) (V) ... Distributor (2008) (worldwide) (theatrical)
100 Million BC (2008) (V) ... Distributor (2008) (worldwide) (all media)
Allan Quatermain and the Temple of Skulls (2008) (V) ... Distributor (2008) (worldwide) (all media)
30,000 Leagues Under the Sea (2007) (V) ... Distributor (2007) (worldwide) (all media)
Universal Soldiers (2007) ... Distributor (2007) (worldwide) (all media)
Invasion of the Pod People (2007) (V) ... Distributor (2007) (worldwide) (all media), Distributor (2007) (worldwide) (theatrical)
Transmorphers (2007) (V) ... Distributor (2007) (worldwide) (all media)
Snakes on a Train (2006) (V) ... Distributor (2006) (worldwide) (all media)
Pirates of Treasure Island (2006) ... Distributor (2006) (worldwide) (all media)
The Da Vinci Treasure (2006) ... Distributor (2006) (USA) (DVD), Distributor (2006) (worldwide) (all media)
When a Killer Calls (2006) ... Distributor (2006) (worldwide) (all media)

In the heat and the rain, with the whips and chains
To see him fly, so many die
We built a tower of stone, with our flesh and bone
Just to see him fly, but we don't know why
Now where do we go?

lord_ghengis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:52 pm 

REQUIEM wrote:
lord_ghengis wrote:
Hell, doesn't fucking Nicole Kidman get like $30 million a movie, She hasn't made a movie I'd give higher than 3/5 to.

directors make movies, actors just act.

btw, i'd give eyes wide shut 4/5 and dogville 5/5. the others 3/5.

Ok, she hasn't ACTED in a movie I'd give higher than a 3/5.

Dogville made me want to cut off my penis are use it to poke out my eyes,

I'd give the others a 2.5/5 and eye's wide shut a 3.

EzraWeeden
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:33 am 

aChapo wrote:
EzraWeeden wrote:
Masked_Jackal wrote:

That's the only way I can finish a movie with her in it. Sorry.

Garbage_Can
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:32 am 

EzraWeeden wrote:
aChapo wrote:
EzraWeeden wrote:
Masked_Jackal wrote:

You must love Billy Bathgate then.

REQUIEM
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:04 am 

lord_ghengis wrote:

that doesn't say a lot about her next movie, right? i mean, federer had like 45 wins in a row when playing on grass, and then nadal took him out in wimbledon final. so, she can act in 20 lousy movies, and that still doesn't mean her 21st movie is gonna be bad.

Quote:
Dogville made me want to cut off my penis are use it to poke out my eyes

that's ok. most people don't like von trier.

REQUIEM
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:10 am 

thief (1981) 8/10. didn't like the music, but the rest is very good.

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:30 am 

HighPlainsDrifter wrote:
Masked_Jackal wrote:

That bitch.
Hold the phone. I'm pretty sure she showed them in a movie I saw a while back...Taking Lives I think. (?)

She also showed them in a chick flick called Foxfire or something like that. The only 3 seconds of that film that are worth anything.

But I've never been all that big on her. Hot body, excellent rack, Queen of the butterfaces.

EzraWeeden
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:47 pm 

Garbage_Can wrote:
EzraWeeden wrote:
aChapo wrote:
EzraWeeden wrote:
Masked_Jackal wrote:

You must love Billy Bathgate then.

Can't say I've ever seen that before.

lord_ghengis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:14 pm 

REQUIEM wrote:
lord_ghengis wrote:

that doesn't say a lot about her next movie, right? i mean, federer had like 45 wins in a row when playing on grass, and then nadal took him out in wimbledon final. so, she can act in 20 lousy movies, and that still doesn't mean her 21st movie is gonna be bad.

Well, I find her to be a very non-engaging actress, again, could be a result of her scripts, but I just tend to be bored by her presence.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 818  Next